Something is happening near the pool!!!

Wow..thanks for the pictures..It's great having spies at the Fort! :thumbsup2

I recant my former assumption that they wouldn't be changing the footprint of the pool. Given the clearing they are doing it may well be that the entire old shell will be removed. I can't wait for more pics so I can continue to speculate wildly! LOL I bet folks in 1300 are LOVING that huge chipper-shredder!

I'm thinking that the pile of pipes means that everything needed to be redone. It was probably due for an overhaul - for safety and regulations, as well as just the deterioration with age.

I am under the assumption that the area where all the trees were removed is where the slide "mountain" will be constructed. When I spoke with the "suits" that were measuring at the pool last month, they indicated the slide area would be placed on the far side of the pool where the lifeguard stand has been located. If they are constructing a theme pool, then I expect a large slide feature similar to the one at WL, that will have a pretty good sized footprint. And, the watertower might be integrated into that!

I thought I had heard something about a "splash area" for the little ones? Maybe the trees were cleared to make space for that, too.

Whatever it is, I can't wait until April when we're there so we can check it out first-hand!

We're checking in on March 11th. If the pool isn't ready by then, what pool will we use?

I thought I had heard something about a "splash area" for the little ones? Maybe the trees were cleared to make space for that, to

Whatever it is, I can't wait until April when we're there so we can check it out first-hand!

I read the same thing. I had also heard it will be similiar in design (but a different theme) to the new pool at the Caribbean Beach Resort. Which included two slides in the main themed pool, and a separate water park area for the younger set, which included a slide for little ones. The Carribean Pool also included a hot tub area..which I believe is to be included in the new FW pool renovations as well.
If it's half as nice as the pool at the Caribbean Beach..it's really gonna be something! A much needed and anticipated addition to the Fort!

I can't wait for more pics so I can continue to speculate wildly! LOL

Ooh - rampant speculation... count me in! :p

And I'd pay good money right now to hear that chipper instead of just the ice falling off my roof. :crazy2:

Cool! Even though we won't get to use the pool this time around I'm looking forward to seeing this when it's done.

Ok, here is some rampant speculation... I submit that most of that piping is for plumbing the splash zone. There is no way skimmers are going to need that much volume. I also notice that the kiddie pool has a push broom in it, suggesting that it is not going to be demo'ed? Why sweep it out if the backhoe is gonna crush it? I also noticed that they have broken out the coping around the main pool. Why remove it separately? Inquiring minds want to know!

Folks at the Fort, Please, if you hear a backhoe running get some pics. Pretty please. Or, as Pete would say, Pweety Please! LOL

Maybe those pipes are for some sort of kungaloosh distribution system. You know, for the swim-up bar.

Since we are going to be down for 8 days, you can rest assured I'm going to be stalking the pool workers with my trusty camera. I hope the Disney Police don't nab me for unauthorized Stalk-N-Snap.

Ohh, Cindy, take a tripod so you can get the camera up over the barriers easily!

I had also heard it will be similiar in design (but a different theme) to the new pool at the Caribbean Beach Resort.

I hope so! The new CBR pool has a zero-entry area (as most probably know, meaning the water starts at almost zero depth then slowly gets deeper). I hope the new Fort Wilderness pool also has a zero entry area, because next time we go my youngest will have just turned 2 years old, and zero-entry would be great for him.

If anyone does hear a rumour (or confirmation) that the new Fort Wilderness pool will have a zero-entry feature, please post when you get a chance. Thanks!

When we called and switched to FW from the GF the CM (is that what the people who make reservations are called too, or do they have another name?) told my husband that it would be similar to the CBR pool, would obviously have a different theme, but would include all of the same elements including the zero entry. She said they were trying to incorporate those elements in all of the resort pools. I don't know how reliable the people making reservations are (they told us we could get child size robes at the GF, and apparently this has not been done in years), but let's hope she is right!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter