Something About Nothing............ #14

Good morning all. I’m back. I‘ve been in NY for my moms funeral. Has been a difficult time, the reason I haven’t been around. We got back home yesterday. Totally exhausted. Oldest is sick. So @Monykalyn whats the name of the good stuff? She needs a good cold med. although we may not get it here.

@Lynne G and @Disxuni great photos.

50 & sunny here, but think I’m just going to veg out. I‘m exhausted and woke up with vague sore throat feeling, hope I’m not getting ill too.

Sue, so sorry to hear your mother passed. Sending many good wishes to you at such an awful time.

Sorry for your loss @Sue M. Also, I hope that your oldest gets better soon. Whatever she ends up taking they should also try to take plenty of vitamin C. I always do that with whatever I decide to take and it seems to speed up the recovery process. You may need to take a lot of vitamin C too. Might as well to be safe. The minute I think it's happening I start. I hope you get to relax a little bit now that you're home.

Keisha, yep, only second time I saw that money throwing. But it was cute, and funny, and I think is Orthodox or Greek tradition, as this was also done at the second Greek weeding we had recently attended. And the father of the bride, started it, with quite large bursts of bills as the bride and groom danced. Even cuter, small brooms were brought out, and the three little kids swept up the money, well used their hands too, and looked like they were having so much fun doing it, twice, no less. Probably akin to paying to dance with bride or groom. Sounds like you're quite the seamstress, lucky GD. And what a score with your DVC reservation, from the waiting list.

Schumi, looked nice out, but brr, wearing winter hats. Way too early for that here, thankfully this year. And soon, we'll be on the same Standard Time as you. Yeah, brighter in the morning, then by the end of winter, getting dark before dinnertime. Always fun to see life with a little one, muddy and all. Fun walk, I bet.

Enjoying your pictures Dix, and sounds like the cruise was fun, and neat, to be gifted those old Disney toys.

Hey, Robo, glad you checked in here. Yep, family time is to be treasured. Glad to hear your watching football games, baby shower celebrating, and getting to hold the wee little Jude.

Time for more tea. Was a very pleasant walk, and yep, sunglasses were definitely needed.

Off to find something sweet.

Oh, something sweet sounds good right night! I have jelly (jello) and strawberries for dessert......not exactly what I feel like!!! Hot apple pie and custard sounds about right now.....

Yes, it does seem early for winter hats, but it was very cold. Glad you don‘t need yours yet.......yes, this morning was lovely and bright early hours.....but dark so early now.

When does your cold really kick in then?? And your clocks go back this weekend??

Dinner was nice......very simple bbq chicken and spicy rice......did some veg for the others, I just had some extra sauce......nice!

Planning a night in front of the tv.......although will FaceTime one of our friends abroad tonight. Nicer than a phone call.

Rain still on, thankfully no more hailstones.

Our clocks go back this weekend, yes. Always the first Sunday in November. Ah, sleeping will be nice for a few days.

Sue, so sorry to hear of your mother’s passing. Please take care of yourself and hope oldest is feeling better soon. Lots of liquids and rest. Sympathy to you and all your family, may you find some peace and comfort these days to follow.

Today was another annoying day of dealing with insurance companies. Today was Medicaid. This year the Medicaid program in Virginia was expaned, so we are seeing a lot more Medicaid clients now. There are 6 companies that handle Medicaid in VA. One of our new therapists had applied to be credentialed/contracted with one of the companies, but got a rejection letter today. The reason? They already have enough providers in our area. So Medicaid now has more members on their insurance plans, but they are rejecting new providers. Does this make any sense?

On a happier note, dh suggested that we get B some sort of baptism gift. My first thought was a new Bible, but she just got one a few months ago. I started looking around online and finally settled on this:

Purple is her favorite color, so I think she will like it.

Charade...Hearing news like that about special clients is hard. I can still remember one of my special clients from when I was a hairdresser. She never let anyone know she was sick ( even her own daughter ) I would go to the hospital to do her hair for her. I still think of her often and giggle over the spunk she had. Also...those games are fun to watch. I enjoy outings like that.
This reminds me of the time we moved my MIL from her home in SC to a nursing home here in VA. Somewhere in the middle off the move I had a sudden realization and asked dh if he had thought to tell MIL's hairdresser that she was moving. She had her hair done by the same woman every Friday for years.

We got a rain snow mix Friday...
Yikes. Too soon. I keep hearing conflicting reports about the kind of winter we may have. Some are saying a very mild winter and others are saying heavy snow.

Not ready at all for real winter!!
I'm never ready for winter. I would love for it to stay autumn until it is time for spring.

Yesterday, was asked to make a bandana shirt by GD. Ummm, a what? Her school has a ‘special’ clothing/appearance day each week. This time it’s bandana day. You can tell school district is in the ‘burbs. Pretty sure They don’t encourage kids to wear ‘colors’ in the city schools - eek. Had to think a bit, then dawned on me, just do a version of the “pillow-case dresses” i used to make her for disney when a tot.
Sounds like what we call spirit week. I kind of miss helping B put together the silly outfits.

The Maple Tree leaves have turned red, orange and yellow and are falling now. It’s supposed to get cooler this week.
Sounds gorgeous.

Maybe it's a thing they like to tell people to make them feel better when their wedding gets rained out?
I've heard that about weddings and rain a few times. Seems kind of silly to me.
Love your cruise photos.

only second time I saw that money throwing.
I haven't been to a wedding where money was thrown, but I went to one where they pinned money onto the bride's veil.

Good morning all. I’m back. I‘ve been in NY for my moms funeral. Has been a difficult time, the reason I haven’t been around. We got back home yesterday. Totally exhausted. Oldest is sick. So @Monykalyn whats the name of the good stuff? She needs a good cold med. although we may not get it here.
I am so sorry to hear about your mom. Losing a parent is never easy. Hope your daughter is feeling better soon.

I‘m exhausted and woke up with vague sore throat feeling, hope I’m not getting ill too.
Try to get some rest. Hope you are not getting a cold too.

Watching Guardians of the Galaxy until dh gets home. Monday is a late night for him. He teaches until 7:00 and then takes a martial arts class at 8:00.

Pretty cross, Charade. I am sure she will like it. Yep, just watching TV and DH just came home, asking about dinner. Guess no left overs for me.

Lynne, it’s funny how we are always the last Saturday in October.....wonder why you’re a week later? I think we are a week apart going forward too.

Charade, yes the purple is beautiful on that. I’m sure she’ll like it. Yes, I love autumn.......usually.

Well, we have sunshine this morning, had hailstones and it’s cold......need to pop out for a few bits, but won’t be out long if I don’t have to be.

We were pleased to hear the bake sale made a lot of money on Sunday.....nothing left over!

Made some warmed croissants with ham and brie this morning......not a morning for cold cereal.

And it’s Tuesday.......making beef burgers for tonight.......Tom is grinding the steak as I type.......I hate that job! Need to go buy some brioche buns as we all like them......sweet!

Have a good one........

Good morning. I am up early today which is unusual for me. Hoping for a quiet day at work today.

Schumi - your meals always sound so good.

I think it’s salmon pasta for us tonight.

Ugh, the cat is trying to destroy something. Gotta go.

@Charade67 that cross is absolutely stunning I think she will love it! It seems people always say it at a wedding when it rains, but never any other time. So, that’s why I theorize it might be said to make the bride and groom feel better about the rain and try to look on the bright side.

I hope everyone has a good day, or a better day than yesterday. Some people I know are trying to fight the sickness, so rest up and hope you feel better!

Good morning. Sunny day but cool. Only 45 now at 8:30am, going up to 50 by afternoon. Brrrr. While we were in NY it was warmer, around 60. I wasn’t planning on doing anything today but watching morning news, I better go get my car filled. Gas prices projected to go up by 6 cents a litre tomorrow. Yuck.
Oatmeal for breakfast today. Trying to save the bacon for weekends, eat healthier:rolleyes:

Trying to decide what I want to do this August. I booked a trip to the motherland for Aug 5-15, but daughter has vacay starting on Aug 1. So Aug 1-4 book Deerfield Beach and enjoy a few days of beach time and see my cousin, book St. Pete Beach, OR book Universal! Oh the dilemma.

Nice cross Charade. Very pretty. I find wading thru the US medical system incredibly confusing when I had to do it for my mom. Medicare, Medicade, HMO, ugh.

Disxuni yes, I do take Vit C and think it helps too. Don’t know if daughter took any, i‘ll have to nab her when she comes home from work.

Thank you all for your words of sympathy For my mom. As some of you know, she fought a long battle with Alzheimer’s. Looking back we figure first symptoms showed up in her late 60’s, and she was 88. Would have been 89 in January. I feel like I’ve been saying goodbye forever, but when it happens you’re never really ready.

There‘s always a silver lining, I got to spend time with my brother, nephews, and cousins. My youngest had only met one cousin, so this trip she got to meet all of them. What they say about weddings and funerals, so true. Youngest has never been to NY.
my brothers house is in Port Washington so we took the railroad into Penn station one day to show her part of NYC. Train station is conveniently located across from 34th St Macy’s so a stroll thru was necessary. Then a walk to Times Sq. Empire State, then up to Central Park. We strolled around and found the carousel. Both girls had a ride then headed back over to my brothers.

It's nice that you found a silver lining in the end, @Sue M. It seems you got to be reunited with a lot of your family and got to see and experience a lot of things while up there. She seemed to have a long life. My grandmother had left us in a similar fashion with dementia and I was happy to see that she at least she lived a good, long life. In those situations you always feel as if you're prepared, like you said, and when it happens you're still surprised in a way. I hope you two get well soon and hope she gets to relax after work.

Terrific Tuesday? Naw, just glad it’ll hit 70 degrees & no hail today :)

Charade - that is so pretty!
It seems people always say it at a wedding when it rains, but never any other time. So, that’s why I theorize it might be said to make the bride and groom feel better about the rain and try to look on the bright side.
Rain on a wedding party is supposed to equate to good luck. Not too sure of that omen, as it happened by 1st marriage haha. Snowed on the 2nd, maybe it just has to be really cold rain.
Well, Taco Tuesday is here, and a unexpected day off, seems car needed servicing. So, asked older one to follow me. Expense I was not ready for.
Ew, that stinks
Trying to decide what I want to do this August. I booked a trip to the motherland for Aug 5-15, but daughter has vacay starting on Aug 1. So Aug 1-4 book Deerfield Beach and enjoy a few days of beach time and see my cousin, book St. Pete Beach, OR book Universal! Oh the dilemma.
Nice things to contemplate
Thank you all for your words of sympathy For my mom. As some of you know, she fought a long battle with Alzheimer’s. Looking back we figure first symptoms showed up in her late 60’s, and she was 88. Would have been 89 in January. I feel like I’ve been saying goodbye forever, but when it happens you’re never really ready.
I am so sorry to read this, hugs! Not sure how I missed it. My mom is following the same basic timing as to her journey. Diagnosed in early 60’s. Kept her home in a MiL apt we added until I just didn’t feel it was safe for her any longer. Sad, but do consider it a small blessing each time I visit her in the memory unit of nursing home as she still remembers me, even if she does sometimes think i’m one of her sisters.

Hehe, Taco Bell for lunch. Hey Mac, going to join me?

Sue, glad you got to enjoy family and some sight seeing and hope some healing. I had a grandmom that had dementia, and it was sad as it took all her memories toward her end. She was 82. I was in college when she passed.

Just waiting. Hope car is done soon.

It should at least be Friday eve - long week already.
Chicken pot pie tonight (well filling done in instant pot, and used biscuits instead of crust). COld wet and rainy. Don't think chickens came out at all today-were huddled together in protected area of run-had to get the plastic up on sides of run in dark last night. Hoping that rain/snow mix does NOT materialize tomorrow. Halloween will be balmy 29 degrees(F) around TnT time.

@Lynne G and @Disxuni great photos.

50 & sunny here, but think I’m just going to veg out. I‘m exhausted and woke up with vague sore throat feeling, hope I’m not getting ill too.
Ah sue-sorry for your mom! Saw your NY pics, glad you got to find the silver lining.
And the good stuff is the stuff with psuedoephedrine in it-here in the States you have to get from pharmacist and sign for it. The NP added a steroid dose today, and also recommended Flonase for a week to see if we can get my immune system to back the heck down from whatever is irritiating it. If the zombie virus ever happened I'm not sure i'd die fastest or become a superhuman with the way my immune system over reacts at times!
Purple is her favorite color, so I think she will like it.
Very nice. Never go wrong with jewelry.

And I lost my train of thought LOL. Think it's shower time and bed.
Hope all the SANS peeps are doing fabulous!

Ooh, great place for dinner Agavegirl. Thanks for checking in, and hope you are having a blast in the parks.

Pasta for dinner. Easy, and with a rainy day, and long day, car was not finished until after 4, so a busy ride home, meant fast and easy meal was the choice. Plus, meatballs that were picked up while waiting.

At least car feels better again, even if wallet is lighter.

Rainy week, but at least in the 60’s, and poor trick or treat kids may have to have ☔️ at the ready. At least forecast says wet is the word of the week.

Hey, MonyK, have a nice evening too. Was typing at the same time.

Eh, house feels cool, so time for tea, as did not get it early today. And maybe get into the Halloween 🎃 candy. 😊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter