Something About Nothing............ #14

schumigirl

It's a bit of a roodie doodie word for lady parts
Turkey burgers don’t work for me either Lynne.......I have had a freshly made Bison Burger in Scotland once or twice, and they were lovely.......but usually, good quality beef is plenty good for us.........and no......never, ever these veggie alternatives!!!! Hope you got your chocolate and had a lovely evening too.......

Pumpkin.......Thanks yes, the trip will be here soon enough............yes, 15c isn’t too bad.......we may get a high of 12c today......and sunshine!!! Hope you do have a lovely day too!

Monyk.......hope you’re doing better... and tornado warnings!!! The very thought terrifies me.......hope the chickens are ok!
We like Hassleback potatoes too....bought one of the little cutter things in Williams and Sonoma while we were there......we use it all the time now, other one I had broke......I do like a gadget!

Janet......hope your evening was a good one.......curious to know which dish you went with!!

Wednesday again......and looks to be a sunny one.....

Meeting friends for lunch today......one of the restaurants along the seafront we like a lot. Always an early lunch when we go here as it is usually mobbed by midday.......although not so many visitors here now, but still.....there’s always plenty of them around all year.

Kyle‘s out for dinner tonight so no need to cook......it’ll be a snack thing, although I did make meatballs for today last night forgetting about lunch today.......I can freeze them if we don’t eat them......depends what we eat for lunch I guess!

Have a great Wednesday........

Lynne G

DIS Veteran
Oh MonyK, I hope you do feel better soon, and eek, that tornado chance. I hate when the wind and rain wrap around my house. Have not seen that kind of rain, since summer. Yep, tea is my go to drink, and once again, it's warm inside the office. Layers. Yep, that the clothing style. 50 out. And hope the sun returns today. We get two days of clouds and sun, then the rain returns for the end of the week.

Was a very wet and dark commute. We got a good soaking last night, and all the roads are wet, and a bit slippery still. But quiet enough, and at least not raining.

Ah, packing and shredding in earnest now. Many a drawer is bare, and I think I need another plastic box to put my more breakable things in. At least then, they'll be bouncing around in it, instead of only inside the crate.

And, yep, another Wednesday is here. Hope Schumi's seafood lunch with friends is lovely. And yep, after a big lunch, I'm not as hungry for a big dinner. And hope Kyle enjoys his night out.

So, Keisha, I hope you are on the mend, feeling less full of gunk, and see the camel is here today: 446719 oh I know, all Keisha wants to see this Wednesday reminder: 446720

Thus, 446722 So, all you homies, have a happy Hump of a Wednesday, and yes, 446723 - Thankfully.

446724 - to each and every one of us, and hope Mac, MonyK, and Charade, are all feeling better today, and have a good feeling day.

So ready for some tea. Later homies. Stay happy.

cam757

Mouseketeer
Another Wednesday is upon us! A nice day here. I think I read it is going to be sunny around 70 degrees today. I will be stuck indoors though, boo! Hope everyone has a great day.

@macraven , Your absences has definitely been noticed. Sending you well wishes for a speedy and easy recovery.

Not much interesting going on here. I could really use another vacation. We did have a nice distraction yesterday though. DH and I went to a theater downtown to watch silent movies accompanied by a live orchestra. In between films the orchestra played ragtime music. They had a ragtime arrangement of The Bee Gees Stayin’Alive that was hilarious
That sounds really fun!! What a neat idea.

And Keisha, yeah I have to remind little one, if there's something dumb to do, there is always someone who is dumb enough to do it. Why stand where she did? I would never even think of that. Stoked we have an extended balcony on our coming up cruise. And the most I will be doing out there is sitting in the seat, enjoying a sip of tea or wine, while looking at hopefully, beautiful weather scenery.
We are going on a cruise the first week of December. 39 days and counting. We booked a mini-suite with a balcony but I bid on an upgrade to a spa room with balcony on the 15th deck. So fingers crossed. I promise no balcony railing selfies for me.446771

• Lynne G

DIS Veteran
    Nice Cam, I hope you win that upgrade. In the 60’s for us, mid January cruise. Nice when I now ya d college kids that don’t go back to school until 3rd week in January.

Back to shredding and packing up. May hunt for lunch early as laptop says it needs to reboot. But yay, the sun is out. Woot!

schumigirl

Yep, Lynne, lunch was lovely thanks......restaurant kind of overlooks the beach and it was so busy today! Plenty of folks enjoying the sunshine and it was surprisingly warmish today....cold breeze in the shade though. Hope your weather dries up a little.....

cam...….good luck on the cruise upgrade.....and yes, no selfies on the balcony railings.....lol.....glad you have some nice weather too.....

8 of us got together today, all couples, and it was lovely.....we chatted, laughed and ate well and again, 3 hours passed before we knew it. We may have enjoyed a prosecco or three...…::yes::

Decided to freeze the meatballs for another day....we have some Brie, prosciutto, grapes, chutney and crackers if we get peckish later.

Enjoying a mug of tea right now......

keishashadow

Proud Redhead...yes, I have some bananas!
    Hey all! Slathered in Vicks vapor balm, i’m Chugging along. Have a huge roaster full of beef veggie soup simmering on the kitchen island. Can’t really smell it lol but figure the house aroma must be heavenly. Dog is just sorta sitting there with his mouth slightly ajar...ala breathing it in lol

Lots of fun last night but evening went on forever. Cut tradition in GD’s school district. Thanksgiving reading festival put on by high school kids in the reading club. Kids have to earn entrance via reading X number of books. Games, crafts, a (semi) haunted library and at least 10 classrooms full of skits to favorite halloween books. Peppa pig rules :)

Loving the new phone, easier picture editing for dummies like me. Still playing around with it. Probably should dig for a tutorial online somewhere but got some pretty interesting halloween shots. So much easier than dragging the heavy big camera/lenses around.

Yum, sounds like a fun place to eat, Keisha. Yeah, older one takes a cocktail of stuff. And why he does not take some of the pills. When he was young, I never knew if I'd get a bouncing off the bed kid. Hope your allergies are better soon. This rain is not helping.
    It was great. Next time would go with a combo of wet & dry vs 2 dry flavorings mixed.

I think i need to seek out an allergist. ENT retired & they moved the practice to other side of town...easily a 3 hour ride in rush hour traffic. Family dr fills Rxs i have but pretty sure its not his strong suit.

bouncing, yes, that pretty much summed it up. Your poor son, has it gotten worse as he as aged?

Sigh. And no, I don't want pumpkin flavored coffee, or much else with pumpkin flavoring, except the real pumpkin custard that goes in the pumpkin pie.
    Seriously, i’ll Join that club. Pumpkin spice, smumpkin spice, yuck

Although, i likely will make pumpkin seeds this weekend
    And the tornado warning going off at 130am sunday night/monday am didn't help. Rain was lashing into windows on all sides of house so it was swirling hard. Oldest is home for fall break and wanted to go get chickens but no time and too dangerous with the winds. Kept our power and no damage but have not seen or heard wind/rain like that in a very long time.
    Oh, that is so scary
    Got hit with larger than anticipated tax bill-pretty sure January trip won't happen, but will wait until 100% sure to cancel. Have to be a responsible adult (at least this time LOL)
    Oh crap, almost as bad as being hit with a tornado! Property/school/county real estate taxes? Our statement should pop up in a few weeks. Just can’t wait, not.
    Janet......hope your evening was a good one.......curious to know which dish you went with!!
    Flossin, something or other. Ranch & season salt. I’m boring. Added my own sprinkles of hot sauce. Not to be confused with the ilk they market as wing sauce.
    We are going on a cruise the first week of December. 39 days and counting. We booked a mini-suite with a balcony but I bid on an upgrade to a spa room with balcony on the 15th deck. So fingers crossed. I promise no balcony railing selfies
    We love that week to vacation in orlando area. It’s one of the best for cruising as to hitting price & weather sweet spots too. What line?
    Yep, Lynne, lunch was lovely thanks......restaurant kind of overlooks the beach and it was so busy today! Plenty of folks enjoying the sunshine and it was surprisingly warmish today....cold breeze in the shade though. Hope your weather dries up a little.....
    Gee, a beach view sounds, toss in food & well, just perfect!

Lynne G

DIS Veteran
    Oh Keisha, what a long day, and ooh, want to have that smell in my house. Roast beef was last night. And older one was diagnosed with his allergy at age 3. They said he may outgrow it, but going on 22 shortly, same allergy induced asthma. He has just deals with it. Different combos of drugs and he seems to do well with nose sprays 4 times a day. Some days he moves slower than others. He waits for our hard frost, then gets a few weeks of clean air, until people and stores get plants and flowers inside. When he was younger, doctor wanted him medicated year round. I did not follow that advice. Though he starts taking the pills a week or so before the pollen is on the air, to get that drug in his bloodstream. Then uses the nose spray when he feels he needs it. Why I have no plants or flowers in my house, and mostly just rugs, and an ultra HEPA filter on my heater and AC. We also have a humidifier in his room to help keep moisture in the air. Why we call him Darth Vader and chipmunk kid. Poor guy. But it has not stopped him from doing outdoor stuff, though he had stayed home from school when feeling too congested, and made a teacher take home the fresh flowers she had received in the classroom.

Well, it is just me for dinner, as DH is out of town, and little one is at school, older one, still house and dog sitting. Hmm, Keisha’s meal sounds good. Too bad I am just the long enough town over, not easy for me to swing by for some chow. 😊

• schumigirl

Keisha....if ever I was going to switch to the iPhone it would be for this one. Our friend showed us his new iPhone when we were in Orlando, very impressed with the camera possibilities.....I’d be the same as your puppy.....I love the aroma of beef in the house.....glad you enjoyed the wing place.......it does sound so good!!!

Lynne.......that sounds dreadful for your boy. Allergies are dreadful. Sounds like a quiet evening for you.......that’s nice sometimes.......

Chilly here tonight......didn’t feel like snacks tonight, so that’ll be lunch tomorrow......grocery shopping in the morning, farm store first to get some ultra fresh produce.

Watching The Apprentice........so funny!!

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

UNIVERSAL PODCASTS

UNIVERSAL ORLANDO VIDEOS

UNIVERSAL ATTRACTIONS