Something About Nothing............ #14

It should at least be Friday eve - long week already.
Chicken pot pie tonight (well filling done in instant pot, and used biscuits instead of crust). COld wet and rainy. Don't think chickens came out at all today-were huddled together in protected area of run-had to get the plastic up on sides of run in dark last night. Hoping that rain/snow mix does NOT materialize tomorrow. Halloween will be balmy 29 degrees(F) around TnT time.
Ah sue-sorry for your mom! Saw your NY pics, glad you got to find the silver lining.
And the good stuff is the stuff with psuedoephedrine in it-here in the States you have to get from pharmacist and sign for it. The NP added a steroid dose today, and also recommended Flonase for a week to see if we can get my immune system to back the heck down from whatever is irritiating it. If the zombie virus ever happened I'm not sure i'd die fastest or become a superhuman with the way my immune system over reacts at times!
Very nice. Never go wrong with jewelry.

And I lost my train of thought LOL. Think it's shower time and bed.
Hope all the SANS peeps are doing fabulous!
Thanks, I’ll ask pharmacist tomorrow. Chickens were probably hiding cause they knew what you were cooking!

Just a quick check in from The Darkside. Sorry for your loss Sue.

Anyways... No HHN until tomorrow and no Hagrid’s this trip at all. Hours are reduced and waits are prohibitive.

Look for reports later. Agave signing out on the way to Bice for dinner.

Hey Wendy........

Hope you have a blast at HHN!!! Will look forward to your updates, this trip has been long overdue! Shame you’re not getting on Hagrid’s ride......next time!

Ain't that true, Schumi. Was at the store yesterday, and all the Halloween stuff was pushed into a tiny corner, and bare shelves, with what you know, will have Christmas stuff on them shortly. Same with the Thanksgiving stuff, if you can even find some of it now. And you know it's not summer anymore, when hard to find a short sleeved shirt, and lots of dark colored or darker shaded clothes. Lots of cold weather acccessories are out now. Though with the Christmas stuff, you'll also see a small display of cruise wear. Yep, many a snow bird in our area. Including for a week, a winter cruising trip for us. Nothing like escaping the cold, when you get the chance.

And ooh, a busier commute. Yep, that means a Wednesday is here. Hello all! Oh yes, camel cannot forget this hump of a day:

448734 Yep, in the Halloween spirit. Well, this one certainly is: 448735 - so just think, getting over the hump of today, will be double the fun, first Halloween, then Friday. Whoooooooot!

448736:eek::laughing:

And, did you know, the night before Halloween is 448738 No? Hope no toilet paper or other funny stuff happens in your neighborhood. (Hopefully not mine, and they'd have to do it in a steady rain.)

Yeah, a wet commute, and rain to be showering today, with heavy downpours in the evening hours. At least the wet means we are warmer than average. 68 is the high. But no matter, seasonal weather will resume, when a cold front arrives just in time, to make the weekend highs around 50 degrees, and windy. Still may go to the Zoo, as it's the one week-end they open parts to members that are usually not open. Hey, at least they have heat in all their buildings. Hmm, maybe I can convince older one to go with me. Ah, that's days away.

Have a wonderful Wednesday to you all, and hope this finds those not feeling well, better feeling today. That goes to MonyK, Mac, and any other homie I forgot to include. Mummy healing dust sent.

Lynne, the Christmas stuff is already in our stores and has been for a few weeks....but, yes, from tomorrow, it`ll be fully blown as our Halloween rows aren't huge over here…....it`s just not as big a thing sadly.

I`m preparing for Christmas songs on from then......I do love Christmas songs of course I do, but not yet.........

I see IOA had their first decorations put up day before yesterday......

Now I`m hearing Here comes Santa Claus in my head......:santa:

Time for lunch...….hope you don't get too wet Lynne...….

Bored at work today. Today is a gray and gloomy day. I really wanted to stay home and sleep, but I don’t get paid if I do that.
We are supposed to have rain tomorrow night. Poor, soggy little trick-or-treaters. Last year we only had 5 kids come to our house. This year we are going to be whatever the Halloween equivalent of Scrooge is and just not participate. Dh wants to go see the new Maleficent movie tomorrow night. I don’t really care to see it, but will probably go anyway.

One of the therapists just gave me something to do, so I will be back later.

Does anyone know how Mac is doing?

She's slowly getting better. Resting a lot. She can't wait to give out candy for Halloween (and save a little for herself 😉).

From time to time I also notice she posts, or likes others posts when she has the energy to do so. So, it's nice to see that. She may, or may not see this, so hi Mac! :wave2:

Morning Sans family :wave2:

Rainy and cooler here. Temps supposed to drop in the 40’s tomorrow then really cool off at night. Supposed to rain tomorrow too. Not to fun for the Trick or Treaters.

I got up early this morning and went to stores to pick up things for Halloween Party tomorrow. Now I’am sleepy and thinking about a nap.

Lynne and Schumi the Halloween decorations and costumes have been bought up around here and Christmas is out at the stores.

Good morning all. I’m back. I‘ve been in NY for my moms funeral. Has been a difficult time, the reason I haven’t been around. We got back home yesterday. Totally exhausted.

Sue, my sincere condolences to you dear lady :hug:

On a happier note, dh suggested that we get B some sort of baptism gift. My first thought was a new Bible, but she just got one a few months ago. I started looking around online and finally settled on this:

Beautiful necklace for B’s baptism gift.

Last edited:
Just a quick check in from The Darkside. Sorry for your loss Sue.

Anyways... No HHN until tomorrow and no Hagrid’s this trip at all. Hours are reduced and waits are prohibitive.

Look for reports later. Agave signing out on the way to Bice for dinner.
thankyou. We had good luck with Hagrids doing rope drop. We got to gates 45-60 min before park opening. Rode 2 days. It’s amazing.

Ooh, great place for dinner Agavegirl. Thanks for checking in, and hope you are having a blast in the parks.

Pasta for dinner. Easy, and with a rainy day, and long day, car was not finished until after 4, so a busy ride home, meant fast and easy meal was the choice. Plus, meatballs that were picked up while waiting.

At least car feels better again, even if wallet is lighter.

Rainy week, but at least in the 60’s, and poor trick or treat kids may have to have ☔ at the ready. At least forecast says wet is the word of the week.
We had pasta too. I made a big pot of Bolognese sauce a week before I left for NY and froze.
I couldn’t believe how warm it was in NY while we were there. Seems it was warmer than usual. And we’re having a cooler than usual fall. 50’s here. But sunny. I stayed at my brothers house. He is down the block from a pretty Beach we enjoyed walks along. Something about being by the water I find so healing.

Attachments

• FEF1BF07-F430-46EB-A4D9-ED3DD136033E.jpeg
    FEF1BF07-F430-46EB-A4D9-ED3DD136033E.jpeg
    55.8 KB · Views: 5
Bored at work today. Today is a gray and gloomy day. I really wanted to stay home and sleep, but I don’t get paid if I do that.
We are supposed to have rain tomorrow night. Poor, soggy little trick-or-treaters. Last year we only had 5 kids come to our house. This year we are going to be whatever the Halloween equivalent of Scrooge is and just not participate. Dh wants to go see the new Maleficent movie tomorrow night. I don’t really care to see it, but will probably go anyway.

One of the therapists just gave me something to do, so I will be back later.

We live on a dark lane, on a hillside so most of the driveways are dark, long and steep downhills. Ours is the first house so most accessible but no one bothers coming down here. My only trick or treaters were my daughters friends when they were that age. I hope our neighbours across the way will come over with their little ones. I stopped putting up decorations years ago after my daughters stopped trick or treating.

I may go see Malificent next week. Hydro is cutting our power in the area due to work on equipment. Good day to go see a movie.

I got a PM from Mac about my mom, so she is watching. Thanks Mac <3.

@Robo56 thanks.

Charade, yes, 5 kids isn’t a lot......hope you enjoy the picture.

Nice pic Sue.......

Hey Robo........hope you have a fun Halloween party tomorrow night! No rain here but we don’t have direct neighbours where we are now, so no trick or treaters except ones we know are coming and make sure gates are open......but volunteering at the village hall tomorrow morning for the village Halloween party.....I have a load of candy to take to that and making horror cupcakes tonight.....well, not too horror like!

And as I type I see the first real Christmas ad on tv....right on cue......

Had some lovely Sea Bass tonight.....just the two of us, Kyle isn’t fond of that fish, so easy to have when he’s not in. He’s out tomorrow night too, so may make a curry or lasagne for us.

And down to 29 days till we’re off again........:cheer2:

Woot! 29 days for Schumi! And I think I'd be okay if Kyle came to eat. I am not a fish eating fan either. In fact, I am not fond of the smell of fish cooking.

Well, where I live, there is not continuous pavement,, so mostly is only the kids from my street's cul d sac. We average about a dozen, only seen 20 one time. But with the rain, I'm thinking just the neighbor kids. And for the first time in forever, decided not to carve a pumpkin. With all this rain, would be hard to light it up anyway.

Dreary looking, gray day. Tea and sweater, as office feels cool. Umbrella ready for the dash to the car. And from the sounds from my window, the roads are nicely wet, wet sounding.

Have a lovely evening. Asked older one what he wanted for dinner. No response of a suggestion. Thinking maybe chicken. Think I have some gravy, so maybe I'll whip up some mashed taters to go with the chicken. Ah, we both get home at about the same time, so decisions then. Almost feel like pizza. Hmmmmm.

No fish smell here Lynne.......if fish smells fishy before it’s cooked, it gets trashed. Fish shouldn’t smell fishy, yes, that wouldn‘t be nice......Sea Bass is incredibly mild too.

Oh go for pizza......it’s a mid week celebration.......any excuse!

May have pizza this weekend..........

:wave2: just doing a quick stop in!

@Sue M I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I had thought of you last week and had wondered. It is never easy...even if she had Alzheimers. I'm glad you got to see lots of family, even though the reason to see them is not great.

@schumigirl Your weather looks crisp in the picture of you and Tom! And I could still see leaves on your trees...I must admit that made me a little jealous to see. I do love to see trees full of leaves...not just brown dead looking things. Your meals just sound so delightful, and make me drool just a little lol

Robo...getting ready for the little trick or treaters is always fun. We are ready...this is the first year in probably 25 yrs we don't have anyone out getting candy. But we are stocked up...with everyones favorites...we have MORE than enough..since we only get around 30-40 kids. So now starts the season of mom picking up stray candy wrappers :rolleyes2 it drives me bonkers. Especially since I really don't eat much of it.

@Charade67 That necklace is beautiful. I'm sure she will love it!

We are still plugging along here. Had a rather cold night/morning...it was -4F or -20C the other morning :sad: It has warmed up to above freezing again...but ugh. Full blown winter will be hitting us early next week. I better just pull up my big girl underwares and suck it up lol. It just doesn't make me very happy.

We are ready for the little trick or treaters to arrive. The boys put up our blow up /moving figures. They will be handing out the candy. I've made the baggies for all of them so it's just easy to put into their bags. I have peanut and non peanut treats for those who can't have peanuts.

Went with the older DS to the dr today. We finally got the phone call we were waiting for, so he could have his followup surgery. That is now scheduled for Nov 15. It's just a day surgery procedure...and won't be anything like the previous recovery time. He had a bar inserted in his chest to fix his deformed ribcage...his breastbone wasn't growing with the rest of his rib cage and was that was putting stress and pressure on this lungs and heart. So they insterted a bar and basically stretched ( because until they are adults the bones and spongy ) his breastbone and last couple of ribs to form his chest better. VERY painful surgery...one of the top 5 most painful surgeries you can have. It was a long recovery...but he feels so much better...is able to do sports now...and just feels better on how he looks. He had a sizeable hallow in his chest before...now he looks just like everyone else. So now it's time for the bar to come out as his bones have solidified and won't move anymore.

Well...I found a few things I can work on this afternoon...so I better get working on that. Have a great day everyone. And Mac....if your reading...keep getting better :flower:

:wave2: just doing a quick stop in!

@Sue M I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I had thought of you last week and had wondered. It is never easy...even if she had Alzheimers. I'm glad you got to see lots of family, even though the reason to see them is not great.

@schumigirl Your weather looks crisp in the picture of you and Tom! And I could still see leaves on your trees...I must admit that made me a little jealous to see. I do love to see trees full of leaves...not just brown dead looking things. Your meals just sound so delightful, and make me drool just a little lol

Robo...getting ready for the little trick or treaters is always fun. We are ready...this is the first year in probably 25 yrs we don't have anyone out getting candy. But we are stocked up...with everyones favorites...we have MORE than enough..since we only get around 30-40 kids. So now starts the season of mom picking up stray candy wrappers :rolleyes2 it drives me bonkers. Especially since I really don't eat much of it.

@Charade67 That necklace is beautiful. I'm sure she will love it!

We are still plugging along here. Had a rather cold night/morning...it was -4F or -20C the other morning :sad: It has warmed up to above freezing again...but ugh. Full blown winter will be hitting us early next week. I better just pull up my big girl underwares and suck it up lol. It just doesn't make me very happy.

We are ready for the little trick or treaters to arrive. The boys put up our blow up /moving figures. They will be handing out the candy. I've made the baggies for all of them so it's just easy to put into their bags. I have peanut and non peanut treats for those who can't have peanuts.

Went with the older DS to the dr today. We finally got the phone call we were waiting for, so he could have his followup surgery. That is now scheduled for Nov 15. It's just a day surgery procedure...and won't be anything like the previous recovery time. He had a bar inserted in his chest to fix his deformed ribcage...his breastbone wasn't growing with the rest of his rib cage and was that was putting stress and pressure on this lungs and heart. So they insterted a bar and basically stretched ( because until they are adults the bones and spongy ) his breastbone and last couple of ribs to form his chest better. VERY painful surgery...one of the top 5 most painful surgeries you can have. It was a long recovery...but he feels so much better...is able to do sports now...and just feels better on how he looks. He had a sizeable hallow in his chest before...now he looks just like everyone else. So now it's time for the bar to come out as his bones have solidified and won't move anymore.

Well...I found a few things I can work on this afternoon...so I better get working on that. Have a great day everyone. And Mac....if your reading...keep getting better :flower:

Oh my goodness, that is quite a surgery to go through at such a young age! Good wishes for his procedure next month! It’s never easy to see them go through anything like that. Kyle had back surgery at 18, that was a 5 hour surgery....thankfully he recovered quickly and completely as young people do and it was a brilliant neurosurgeon that performed the surgery, but at the time....it was awful.

We have lots of evergreen conifer type trees over here in the woods......and yes, they do look pretty especially once the other trees are completely barren!! Some of our trees are still clinging on to some leaves.....but, won’t be long till they’re completely bare.

Oh that is cold!! We’re not as bad.......tonight it’s 5c, right now, but feels like 2c apparently. That’s 40F down to 34F! Will freeze during the night I’m sure.

We had booked and paid for our flights for our trip next May with Thomas Cook......so with them going bust, we claimed the money back from CC company......and they paid it back today!! Didn’t take too long.

I‘m just glad we got rebooked for the same dates with VA, although wouldn’t have been a problem changing the hotel dates. And we got decent seats with them too......

Just finished baking more cupcakes for tomorrow in the village hall......I did try scary minions.....but they were a little too scary :scared1:.......so scraped it all off them and started again........now they just look a little vacant! Not so scary.......in a certain light!

Now to try not eat any!

Last edited:
Hehe, nothing like scaring the kids enough they would not eat the cupcakes. I am sure you will find just the right icings decor on them, Schumi.

Ended up with the product of a chicken. Chopped up some red pepper, added some cheese, and well scrambled eggs was the dinner. Older one made himself a toasted egg sandwich. Me, just on the plate. Sliced an orange and was a nice fresh one.

Just screen watching. And older one is playing with his online friends. Some shoot em up game they are yapping along while playing. Time for me to be in another room.

Pumpkin, that is so scary about your son’s condition and upcoming surgery. I hope the removal of that bar goes exceedingly well. Will say prayers he recovers perfectly, and quickly.

Schumi, nice you got your travel money back quickly enough, and rebooked with almost as good as you had planned this coming Spring.

Ah, if ever a time for an evening tea. Cool feeling in the house. And still raining outside. Soggy day, our Wednesday.

Just a quick drop in to say hey to all and thanks for the prayers and thoughts

Still recovering and I’m sure I’ll be fine in the coming weeks

If you ever are diagnosed with Ecoli, don’t put off treatment

Surgery for Ecoli damage repair is not a picnic

Hope all have a fun Halloween
and no one has their trees tp’ed this year
(Do kids still do that prank anymore)

Hehe, nothing like scaring the kids enough they would not eat the cupcakes. I am sure you will find just the right icings decor on them, Schumi.

Ended up with the product of a chicken. Chopped up some red pepper, added some cheese, and well scrambled eggs was the dinner. Older one made himself a toasted egg sandwich. Me, just on the plate. Sliced an orange and was a nice fresh one.

Just screen watching. And older one is playing with his online friends. Some shoot em up game they are yapping along while playing. Time for me to be in another room.

Pumpkin, that is so scary about your son’s condition and upcoming surgery. I hope the removal of that bar goes exceedingly well. Will say prayers he recovers perfectly, and quickly.

Schumi, nice you got your travel money back quickly enough, and rebooked with almost as good as you had planned this coming Spring.

Ah, if ever a time for an evening tea. Cool feeling in the house. And still raining outside. Soggy day, our Wednesday.

sometimes snack dinners are good Lynne.......I only eat egg whites now, when I eat eggs as eggs if that makes sense......didn‘t think I’d like it but surprisingly I do.

Yes, seats we have are better with Virgin so I guess we’re lucky there, and I know lots of folks are still waiting on refunds from their CC, and I read one woman say she can’t rebook until she gets her refund. We didn’t hang around, our new flights were booked as soon as we knew TC had gone under.......more than we expected to pay to be honest......but we wanted to be booked.

Just a quick drop in to say hey to all and thanks for the prayers and thoughts

Still recovering and I’m sure I’ll be fine in the coming weeks

If you ever are diagnosed with Ecoli, don’t put off treatment

Surgery for Ecoli damage repair is not a picnic

Hope all have a fun Halloween
and no one has their trees tp’ed this year
(Do kids still do that prank anymore)

Glad to see you back mac......and hope your health continues to improve. I can’t even imagine how painful that must have been. I’m sure you’re getting plenty of rest and recuperation at home......and I’m sure you’re being spoiled by Mr mac!

Mischief night isn’t really a thing over here.....I know some kids in certain areas use it as an excuse to vandalise, never seen that where we‘ve lived thankfully, but it usually makes the papers in some areas.

It is cold this morning! Frosty and just around zero (c)

Cupcakes for Halloween party are now respectable and not too scary for the little ones.....they’re not brilliant either I have to say! But made a few things to go alongside them.

I think there’s around 20 kids coming. Shame it‘s not in the evening, but this was when most could volunteer. And I think some wanted to take their own kids trick or treating.....understandable.

Have a great Thursday and Happy Halloween........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter