• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing............ #14

Awesome pics @Robo56 and @Lynne G! Great view, great food.

According to the weather it looks about 10-20% until Saturday, which says 40% for now. It appears that when I come I'll be bringing the rain, @macraven. Sorry about that. Hopefully you and Lynne will have good luck with Hagrid's today. At least you two can keep each other company.

Good morning to all the homies that are having fun in the sun, or at home going about their days. :wave2:

Also, happy MK & Epcot anniversary day and the first day of Halloween month!

will meet up to say goodbye to Patty and Joe.

Yay!! Had a great breakfast and meet!

Morning all. MK & Epcot for a bit, then Ice cream and BW busker watching time last night made for fill day. Pool first then back to Epcot on tap today

Sounds fun!

Today unpacking!

Yep! Same here! Arrived last night- will take the next week to unpack- in between working!

Trying to find some organization ideas for my spare room/project room closet. It needs an overhaul and make use of all the space. I want to give that and my office area in living room an overhaul while hubby is gone to Georgia for work in a couple of weeks...so I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row, so I can get it done while he is gone. Once it's in the house and set up...he won't be so inclined to take it out

Sounds like a great project! Good idea to do so when DH is away!

I do the exact same thing when my husband is on business travel. He comes home to find repurposed rooms and different furniture. I blame pinterest!

Pinterest is great- but dangerous!'

My view is a nice one.

Lovely!!

Hi I just went from 6am-9pm at Hollywood Studios. I’d like to thank the pink drink from Starbucks and sheer spite.

Wow! That's a long day! Yay for Starbucks energy!

Early night tonight.......we’re shattered. A month of running around in the heat has caught up with us.......

Hope everyone is good.........

You had a great, long trip!

Hi @Squirlz !

Hi @Disxuni ! Just saw your post before mine!

Hi to all the other peeps too!!
Arrived home last night! Back to work today!

Last edited:
Back home now and back to work!!

We had a fabulous Anniversary & Birthday trip!

So grateful to meet up with so many of you here on the SANS! @Monykalyn , @Sue M , @Robo56 - Had a wonderful time at the Kitchen for drinks!!

@Sue M - fun times at the HRH pool!!

@Robo56 - Fun time in the park!!

@Lynne G - thank you for taking time out and having breakfast with us yesterday!

thumbnail_IMG_7783.jpg

@macraven - Thank you for rushing over after a long night before and saying hello to Joe, Troy, and I: (Troy is the photographer here!) Thanks to Tony Hinds for patiently waiting while we all chatted and said goodbye! He is truly a wonderful man!!

thumbnail_IMG_7797.jpg

So, so grateful to all my friends here!

I hope to catch up with more DIS-ers on future trips!! You guys are a special bunch!!

Last edited:

Here's a few fun pictures at the Photo shop. Great backgrounds! Took them on our private RIP tour! Joe, Troy, and I were joined by family and friends. You'll recognize one of our special friends, @Robo56 !! This was early in the evening- after appetizers and before the touring! We made it from 5:30pm-2 am!! So, we'll call this the BEFORE picture! No one wants to see the AFTER picture! It was exhausting! But it was an amazing time!!

thumbnail_IMG_7756.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7753.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7755.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7754.jpg

Loving all the photos! That's cool that they have a lot of picture moments for HHN/Tour. I'm surprised.

Yes- it's new! I believe they have it available during the day as well. It's included in the Universal photo package. There were 8 backgrounds total. The HHN globe, Ghostbusters, Killer Klowns, another HHN picture, the UO arch, King Kong, Transformers, and Despicable Me.

Thanks for mentioning that Patty. I have that photo package and was not sure it worked at HHN.

Hanging with Mac for some park fun. The. I am going to find lunch and maybe pool time. SF’s pool looks so nice.

HaHa, the fountain in IOA is singing.

Thanks for mentioning that Patty. I have that photo package and was not sure it worked at HHN.

Hanging with Mac for some park fun. The. I am going to find lunch and maybe pool time. SF’s pool looks so nice.

HaHa, the fountain in IOA is singing.

Lynne- can't wait to see your pics at the photo spot!!

Mac- enjoy your park time!
Lynne- enjoy the parks and the pool! Ahh.... Living vicariously through the peeps in Orlando!! :)

Some great photos posted. Thanks for sharing your memories.

Trying to recover from DS's cold. Fortunately, he is better and I am hopefully on the upswing. Not a bad cold just drained. Another hot one in store for today then looks like we may get a break for the weekend. I am no fan of rainy weather but at this point, I think it is time we get some.

Safe travels to @schumigirl and Tom. Wow a month has flown by but I know you are ready to get home, at least until your next adventure. I am looking forward to reading all about your trip.

Have fun in the parks, @mac & @Lynne. Glad you had a nice trip @pattyw. Love the pics.

@mac, we stop at Margaritaville at least once a trip. My DH has to get his nacho fix and I do like their fish tacos.

@Charade67 - Happy Anniversary!! Hope you had a nice dinner. We went to Williamsburg too. Went to the very unromantic Capt. Georges :) Too bad there is not an emoji for someone stuffing their face at a seafood buffet. :rotfl2:

@Robo56 - Congrats on your newest family member. Baby boys are so sweet.

Have a great day everyone!

Very quick post while on lunch break. Nothing much going on here. B will be home tomorrow after her last class. I promised we would go to our favorite Mexican restaurant and then to the new ice cream, shop.

I am loving all of the pictures from Orlando. We seem to have several blondes in this group. I am not anywhere close to being blonde.

Very weird dreams last night!! But nothing unusual for me according to my husband......he thinks I’m the queen of weird dreams!! He’s probably right........::yes::
I think I could rival you for that throne. I have crazy dreams too.

Having some leftover Cincinnati style chili for lunch and then back to work.

:wave2: doing a quick stop in finally.

Had a horrible weather related migraine all weekend. We didn't see snow...but it is darn cold. It is -6C :scared1: :cold:( about 21F ) so that is COLD for September. But it is supposed to warm up a bit now and not drop down again for a little while. But there was a huge dump of snow where our dd is. They have over a foot of snow. I guess in parts of Montana and Colorado they also had record snowfall as well. Yuck. Oh well...I'm not having to trudge through it...yet, Just trying to get over the migraine hangover. I feel like I was out on a big bender lol. Oh well, it will go away soon enough.

Sounds like everyone who is having park time is enjoying it!!!!! I just love seeing all the pictures!!!!

Trying to find some organization ideas for my spare room/project room closet. It needs an overhaul and make use of all the space. I want to give that and my office area in living room an overhaul while hubby is gone to Georgia for work in a couple of weeks...so I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row, so I can get it done while he is gone. Once it's in the house and set up...he won't be so inclined to take it out :rolleyes1
Brrr! That is so wrong. My friend(ex-neighbour) who was over on Sunday for coffee now lives in Calgary. When she flew home she sent me pics of her backyard. Looks like they got a foot of snow. We’re still enjoying nice weather, until Wednesday when the rain starts.

My view is parking lots and large view of Adventura. Also can see the volcano peaking out of CB.

Nice dinner coming up. Taking advantage of the Magical Month menu. Yum. And a very nice waitress.

Have to push back my ressie, and they were so nice about it. Good thing I unpacked around 5, and oops, forgot stuff. Run to WM took few minutes, and with some extra, now enjoying this:

View attachment 440462
looks like a nice salad! We enjoyed some nice meals between AP Seceret menu and Magical Dining! Sadly the Magical Dining at The Kitchen fell a bit short. We ordered the steak Medium. It came well done.

Lynne....it was beautiful this morning.......not sure what happened tonight......who brought the rain??

mac.....that does sound an exhausting tour, time to relax now......other tours aren’t far away.......

Keisha......views sound lovely. Enjoy rest of your trip........(pumpkin is now empty :))

Sue.....love a good get together with friends.......I’ve had emails from mine asking when I’m coming home.......lol.......

Pumpkin........snow.......just no. Too early in any country........I used to change around our back sitting room when Tom was away with work.....it’s a large room, so easy to move things around......not sure why really. But, change is good sometime........

Robo.......that is my favourite view in Sapphire.......all suites we’ve had there have had a lagoon view.....love it. Yes, a few rums have been enjoyed........enjoy your time there........

Still having a blast........rain tonight so we went offsite for dinner then quick drink in Margaritaville........

Avoided dinner with the cousin.......she asked to have dinner with us tomorrow night, but told her, sorry, no...... our last night is just us.......just the two of us......we’ve always done that, we like it that way. Kind of a tradition. So, she said ok.......will see her sometime.

But cool tonight.......73F after 94F this afternoon.......big drop!!!! Just looked out at the pool and it’s almost empty.......folks are wrapped in towels.

Arranged our transport home from the airport on Thursday today.......booked the train and managed to get first class thankfully......no clambering for seats or luggage space. So, we’re all sorted now.

Early night tonight.......we’re shattered. A month of running around in the heat has caught up with us.......

Hope everyone is good.........
enjoy your last day & safe travels home.

Pumpkin, that is a nice gift of baby furniture, and while snowblower gives me a brr, nice you are making the trip this weekend, and get to see DD too. Always fun to see what others do on Pinterest. I do for color combos sometimes. Hope the weather will be nice, with no ❄ this week.

Well, enjoyed the meal, it was very good food, and very nice staff. Pretty restaurant. Then by the time I was done, park was closing, so went up to Strong Water, and enjoyed a glass of wine by the windows watching some rainy weather. By 10:30, I had enough, so came back, and ooh, 11:30 before I realized time to bed. Was up around 5:30, and have been trying to get back to sleep, but oh well. Playing on my phone, while charging it.

Anither hot day, so drink up all, and have a taco. Yep,🌮 Tuesday is here.

No Taco Bell run for Mac today, I am pretty sure, well maybe one from that Bumblebee truck.

RAPstar, yay for having that pink drink, and sounds like so much fun in the parks.

Mac, glad you enjoyed some evening park time. Yep, I am very much hoping no rain at all during our tour, fabulous weather, yes.

Schumi, so nice your way back home is now all settled. Your time here has seem to go by fast. I hope your last couple of days are just as fun. And yes, none of that rain that we saw yesterday.

Keusha, hope your are still enjoying the parks, and yeah, I would not be taking a peak at what is in that water. Yep, any time there is a bit of water, hello 🐊

Have a wonderful day, and good morning all.
We tried the Bumblebee truck. Yuck. I had the carne asada and my friend had the Korean tacos. We traded so we each got one of each. Carne asada was very tough, and the Korean was so salty. And when I think something is too salty, it really is because I’m a bit of a saltaholic.

I tried to do hadgrids yesterday but things were being held up

Saw it was still open and then told by a tm it was at capacity
Really going to try hard to do it today

If I could find Lynne and go with her, I’m sure I could get in without hours wait

She has the uncanny gift of knowing when to be there at the right time

Up early and just hanging trying to check out weather channel
Do I bring the umbrella or not is todays main thought

Homies you should all come on down and play with the homies that are here today!

Have a smooth fun day !
We did Hagrids at rope drop. It was amazing! My last day I tried around 1:00 to do single rider queue and it was already closed to capacity. Reminds me a lot of early days with Gringotts. Never knew when it would open, close or break down. Took us 3 days before we hit it right.

Robo, great view and what a nice surprise!

Have a nice day everyone. I’m going to see the Judy Garland movie today. We saw Downton Abby in City Walk theatre, they now have reclining seats <3 sadly the theatre here that is showing Judy doesn’t have recliners. I keep wondering when they will get those seats. I now always go to the other theatre that has them. Its unfortunate that Judy isn’t showing there.

Trying to recover from DS's cold

Hope you're better soon!:)

Glad you had a nice trip @pattyw. Love the pics.

Thank you! :)

Having some leftover Cincinnati style chili for lunch and then back to work.

Yum, Charade! :)sounds better than my lunch of cheesy rice. The cupboards are bare after getting back yesterday!

We did Hagrids at rope drop. It was amazing! My last day I tried around 1:00 to do single rider queue and it was already closed to capacity. Reminds me a lot of early days with Gringotts. Never knew when it would open, close or break down. Took us 3 days before we hit it right.

Loved it, too!!:thumbsup2 We got on at 3:30 one day and waited just about the posted time of 105 minutes. Worth it!! When we got off, the line was closed for the day.

PattyW great photos! So glad we were able to get together.

Thanks, Sue!! Yes- we had fun! Hope our vacay dates align again sometime!:goodvibes

I’m kind of caught up with emails now
Heard from vip tours and sent our letter to all in my private tour group

Going back to the parks now
Studios closes early so can get a few rides in by 5 today

Later homies!

Fun time with Lynne this morning and no crowds at bread box

Disxuni, will see you Saturday rain or shine !
You can take plenty of hotel pictures then

Pattyw how does it feel being back to work today?
Bet it sucks

I’ll do a homie roll call later tonight
Hope all are happy today!

Going back to the parks now
Studios closes early so can get a few rides in by 5 today

Enjoy!! :goodvibes

Pattyw how does it feel being back to work today?
Bet it sucks

Yep- definitely sucks!:( But, I tell myself every morning- Get up, go to work, make some $$ for another trip!:thumbsup2 And, my bosses are great and co-workers are fabulous! So, I'm very lucky!:)

My inboxes were filled this morning! Slowly but surely going through that and all of my e-mails! Time for some chocolate!

Polishing off a raspberry pineapple dole whip float in a rocking chair ahhhhhh

mnsshp soon. A sell out yuck

can’t be as bad as lady night of illuminations was yesterday

nice view! Ample Hills icecream? Staying at BWI? We enjoy staying at the Epcot resorts, usually YC or BC.
On our flight home we were served Salt & Straw icecream for desert. I was excited to try it. The queue at DTD was crazy long so didn’t wait.
Bwv & correct on ice cream. Haven’t tried salt & straw
Keisha......views sound lovely. Enjoy rest of your trip........(pumpkin is now empty :))
Lol good work!
and went looking for a place that had crown royal or something similar
I checked at miller’s at lunch. They offer it ☝️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter