Something About Nothing............ #14

Hope Charade is sound asleep now.

That’s an awful story ending too, Squirlz. I was glad today. Huge line, pre-check, waited for 2 people, one of which left his wallet, so faster for me.

Enjoying a cup of coffee, and waiting to board. And no, DH the car did not have its AC on. Yeah, cool morning, so pants, but no jacket.

Have a happy Monday. And Mac, I have something for ya, ditto to Schumi and Robo and Patty and Robbie.

That was fast, @Lynne G! Well, good morning to all the homies in the area and those that are traveling. I'm sorry about your experience @Squirlz.

Nothing that exciting again, as for today it's just work, work, work, work, work.

I missed the morning party!
The tour pace last night was fast and could not get to sleep until later than planned
Now I’m awake the feet still are sore

I’ll catch you later Lynne
Sorry I missed you patty but hope you have a great flight back home

I’m aiming to hit the parks at noon

I have never had such a fast pace tour before last night
Hit all the houses and scare zones and 2 food breaks at LaBamba including bars
Watched walking dead encore before I fell asleep this morning

But it was a great way to see hhn
My next tour is the UTH but that walking will be slower

Hope all are doing fine!

Lynne - nice pic, welcome home. Sounds like u will need a rest after all that hassle

squirelz have found that all costs considered (inc transportation to Orlando/higher rental car rates & the longer haul) it’s usually a wash to fly into MCO. That taking into account the free military bags Doesn’t help that every single time we’ve flown Allegiant there’s been an equipment delay issue.

Sanford has had just one sec line every time we’ve rolled thru it. What kills me is their international area looks amazing, huge duty free shop area etc but told it was off limits

LBE we used this trip even smaller, same system of the card for precheck but didn’t have to remove anything from bags etc

Morning all. MK & Epcot for a bit, then Ice cream and BW busker watching time last night made for fill day. Pool first then back to Epcot on tap today

nice view for standard room here, always wonder what’s lurking in the water tho
BB0B3DAB-A079-41A0-9929-4941D2204EDE.jpeg

Lynne - nice pic, welcome home. Sounds like u will need a rest after all that hassle

squirelz have found that all costs considered (inc transportation to Orlando/higher rental car rates & the longer haul) it’s usually a wash to fly into MCO. That taking into account the free military bags Doesn’t help that every single time we’ve flown Allegiant there’s been an equipment delay issue.

Sanford has had just one sec line every time we’ve rolled thru it. What kills me is their international area looks amazing, huge duty free shop area etc but told it was off limits

LBE we used this trip even smaller, same system of the card for precheck but didn’t have to remove anything from bags etc

Morning all. MK & Epcot for a bit, then Ice cream and BW busker watching time last night made for fill day. Pool first then back to Epcot on tap today

View attachment 440185
I used to be able to get cheap direct Southwest flights into MCO, but no longer. Sanford works for us because I can get a direct flight out of a smaller nearby airport. Then I rent a car from Avis and go to Leesburg to see my Mom. Next day drive on down to RPR, unload and give them the keys.

Happy trails to Mac & Lynne. See you Soon.
My feet fell off the first day lol. Even the mr said his were sore today. 8-10 miles per day will do that

I make it a point to not tell experts how to get their game on

Today was our 6 house behind the scenes tour at u. Awesome!

Crowded & expensive come to mind as good suspects. It’s all done really well. Think once things settle down it will be more enjoyable. I compare it to Hagrids coaster want to do both but won’t invest more than 20 min waiting in line

It’s been crazy hot & humid every time we’ve been to willismsburg
Lol I read several accounts the fries were lacking. Glad I tried them

Hmmm maybe, or akin to the love bugs Hahaha jk. Disney polluted with them. Haven’t seen one at U

so seriously loved today’s tour! Will post some pics after I grab from other phone. For some reason iCloud not set up right

our ‘fancy’ dinner at Charley’s steakhouse was so good tonight! Odd the pics decided to post sideways lol crab cakes had no discernible filler, huge lumps of lobster in my bisque, filets were perfect & I do enjoys a flambé! The included three glasses of wine went down smoothly...even tho they didn’t taste like my usual kool aid line preference
View attachment 439813View attachment 439814View attachment 439815View attachment 439816View attachment 439817
i saw the bugs at UA but not bad. Wow, that dinner looks wonderful!

Shopping this am. Mr picked out early Xmas present for me yea! I love the print having walrus from Alice & monstro featured. Mickey Ds, is calling then onto MK
cute purse!

This jacket is the only major souvenir I HAD to have so I can basically go home right now lol

View attachment 439912
love it!

That’s a awful way to end your trip, Squirlz. Hope you did get to the airport via Lyft, or other, in a timely manner.

Well, all I can say, is my DBro better be happy, as the whole family in cleaned out vehicles, move some of his house, as it took most of the day. We all quit at 7:30 tonight. Buggy out and tired. I took a long shower, first because it was so hot today. hauling all that stuff, and second, I know my mussels will be sore tomorrow. Worse part, he is no where near done, and his old house has to be swept clean by Friday afternoon. Lots of hands needed this week, well and a caravan of vehicles, with lots of room. Good thing my DH and another DBro, both have pick up trucks. And me and my DSis have SUVs, that we can put our back seats down flat.

Am I packed? doing it now. And if I have to tell my DH when the alarm goes off one more time. Yeah, two hours earlier then our normal wake up time. Good thing he does not mind the drive, as after he drops me off, will be just enough time to get back to the train station to catch his usual train. Our trains do not go to the airport until 6:30. At that time, I will be almost an hour in the air. Will take the train home though, as easiest on a Friday dinner time arrival. Darn SW changed my late flight, which I would have had a pick up, to a mid afternoon one. Another annoyance with the change in flight times. No change in the one tomorrow, so a full day to enjoy, when I arrive.

Time to finish packing. Then I am relaxing. If I forget something, there are stores I can find what I forgot.

And a hehe, while both kids asked me to bring back an HHN shirt, only little one wants me to send her a picture of it before I buy. Hopefully they both will like my choice.

And yes, Dix, I leave tomorrow.
i think Dbro needs a moving van company! Good thing you didn’t pull anything before trip!

Where did the day go? I didn’t do much of anything, but the day seemed to zoom by.
I still have no idea what the weather will be like on Friday. I guess I will just wait until Thursday to decide what to wear and pack.

Lynne - B’s fall break is only Thursday and Friday, but it’s nice to have a little break in the routine. Safe travels tomorrow.

Keisha - Cute bag!

Cool jacket Rapstar.

Almost 10:00. I guess I should get ready for bed. The NP I see recommended I try some time release melatonin to help with my sleep issues. I bought some tonight. Her’s hoping it works.
I started using a magnesium/melatonin pill. I feel it’s helped.

@Lynne G it was inconsequential in the long run Just a funny story now.

What was worse was the Pre TSA at SFB. The marked line was a dead end that took us back to the normal line that now put us behind the couple with babies and all their stuff that had been behind us. Then after waiting for them they just gave us a placard the said Pre TSA that meant nothing! They still made us take out our liquids, our electronics, remove our belts...everything I kept reminding them we had PAID to not have to do! No reaction, and of course you don't want to push it.
wow, I never heard of not accepting TSA pre check. How strange. But yeah, you don’t want to push them too much. Some of those agents can be jerks. I had one at MCO in May that was a jerk to me, I was pulled aside because I had my iPad in my carry on. I told him I didn’t know I had to unpack it cause Canadian security doesn’t make you take it out. He was quite rude, and they know you just have to stand there and take it.
p.s. this trip Canada did change rules, now have to take iPad out here.

I missed the morning party!
The tour pace last night was fast and could not get to sleep until later than planned
Now I’m awake the feet still are sore

I’ll catch you later Lynne
Sorry I missed you patty but hope you have a great flight back home

I’m aiming to hit the parks at noon

I have never had such a fast pace tour before last night
Hit all the houses and scare zones and 2 food breaks at LaBamba including bars
Watched walking dead encore before I fell asleep this morning

But it was a great way to see hhn
My next tour is the UTH but that walking will be slower

Hope all are doing fine!
Did you feel they rushed you thru tour and not as thorough? What did you think of the season finale of Walking Dead? Enjoy your day today!

View attachment 440185
nice view! Ample Hills icecream? Staying at BWI? We enjoy staying at the Epcot resorts, usually YC or BC.
On our flight home we were served Salt & Straw icecream for desert. I was excited to try it. The queue at DTD was crazy long so didn’t wait.

So coffee was fun. Always nice to get together with old friends. I made a coffee cake. And another bought over Welsh Cakes. Yum.
Today unpacking! The sun is out so I can hang out the laundry to dry. The rains are coming Wednesday yuck.
Tomorrow going with girlfriends to see the Judy Garland movie.

:wave2: doing a quick stop in finally.

Had a horrible weather related migraine all weekend. We didn't see snow...but it is darn cold. It is -6C :scared1: :cold:( about 21F ) so that is COLD for September. But it is supposed to warm up a bit now and not drop down again for a little while. But there was a huge dump of snow where our dd is. They have over a foot of snow. I guess in parts of Montana and Colorado they also had record snowfall as well. Yuck. Oh well...I'm not having to trudge through it...yet, Just trying to get over the migraine hangover. I feel like I was out on a big bender lol. Oh well, it will go away soon enough.

Sounds like everyone who is having park time is enjoying it!!!!! I just love seeing all the pictures!!!!

Trying to find some organization ideas for my spare room/project room closet. It needs an overhaul and make use of all the space. I want to give that and my office area in living room an overhaul while hubby is gone to Georgia for work in a couple of weeks...so I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row, so I can get it done while he is gone. Once it's in the house and set up...he won't be so inclined to take it out :rolleyes1

:wave2: doing a quick stop in finally.

Had a horrible weather related migraine all weekend. We didn't see snow...but it is darn cold. It is -6C :scared1: :cold:( about 21F ) so that is COLD for September. But it is supposed to warm up a bit now and not drop down again for a little while. But there was a huge dump of snow where our dd is. They have over a foot of snow. I guess in parts of Montana and Colorado they also had record snowfall as well. Yuck. Oh well...I'm not having to trudge through it...yet, Just trying to get over the migraine hangover. I feel like I was out on a big bender lol. Oh well, it will go away soon enough.

Sounds like everyone who is having park time is enjoying it!!!!! I just love seeing all the pictures!!!!

Trying to find some organization ideas for my spare room/project room closet. It needs an overhaul and make use of all the space. I want to give that and my office area in living room an overhaul while hubby is gone to Georgia for work in a couple of weeks...so I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row, so I can get it done while he is gone. Once it's in the house and set up...he won't be so inclined to take it out :rolleyes1
I do the exact same thing when my husband is on business travel. He comes home to find repurposed rooms and different furniture. I blame pinterest!

Good Monday evening Sans family :wave2:

Have been in my happy vacation time warp and enjoying every minute of it.
I checked into my other home away from home today and had a lovely surprise of suite. It’s beautiful. What a kind lovely welcome back.

My view is a nice one.
BD06987A-B5DE-4825-A3F2-7CCBC226E409.jpeg

I like looking at the Lagoon and the boats.

We have the best thread on the Dis! The SANS rocks!

Yes, we do Lynne. It’s all because Mac made a home for us here.

dh and I are going out to celebrate our anniversary.

Happy Anniversary Charade and cam 757

5813998B-D8DC-4707-9C57-95E16EF68AA2.gif

Congrats on the news Robo........ :wave2:

Thanks. They have been texting me pictures every day. He is a cutey.

Congratulations on being a great aunt again!

I can’t wait to hold him.

Also, sounds like you had fun. That happened to me at HHN once. Only it wasn't a knock at the window, it was a "vampire" licking the glass door. A little too extra for me. I laughed, because it looked so ridiculous.

LOL....that would have been hilarious.

This lounge is too relaxing.........I’m so much at home here........and they pour me wine.......definitely home from home....

Now that is welcome home service. From your RPR family.

And to all the homies hope all have a great weekend!!

Thanks Mac. Now you are at your favorite place. Hope you are settled in and enjoying yourself.

Lynne.......glad you’re feeling better.......Tom picked up a little cold few days ago......sore throat that sort of thing, but still felt ok.....hope yours clears up as fast.

Tell Tom a good glass of rum at Strong Water will cure what ails him and make him feel better for sure.

Robo, yes we enjoyed the evening temps too! And a few days when it “cooled down” with nice breeze.
congrats on newest member of the family!

Thanks Sue.

My feet fell off the first day lol. Even the mr said his were sore today. 8-10 miles per day will do that

Yep, my legs fell off days ago, but I have a HHN addiction, I just can’t stop going...LOL

Shopping this am. Mr picked out early Xmas present for me yea! I love the print having walrus from Alice & monstro featured. Mickey Ds, is calling then onto M

He’s a keeper. What a nice early Christmas present.

My guess is something scaly with sharp teeth and 2000 pounds of bite pressure in its jaws :scared1:

i saw the bugs at UA but not bad. Wow, that dinner looks wonderful!

The love bugs were bad on the day we went to Hollywood Studios. Only have seen a few by pool at Universal.

Had a horrible weather related migraine all weekend. We didn't see snow...but it is darn cold. It is -6C :scared1: :cold:( about 21F ) so that is COLD for September. But it is

Hope your head is feeling better Pumpkin. No snow for me please.

Need to get scootin have dinner to go to.

Last edited:
Thanks Robo
That is an awesome view you have!

You should frame that picture and hang in your house

Hanging at IOA now
Studios closes at 5 or 6 tonight and IOA later
Walk on rides this past hour
Quite enjoy it

Hope all the homies are doing grand
Take care of each other while I’m gone

Mom

My view is parking lots and large view of Adventura. Also can see the volcano peaking out of CB.

Nice dinner coming up. Taking advantage of the Magical Month menu. Yum. And a very nice waitress.

Have to push back my ressie, and they were so nice about it. Good thing I unpacked around 5, and oops, forgot stuff. Run to WM took few minutes, and with some extra, now enjoying this:

7EFB052F-903F-4896-A131-77EDD3586A46.jpeg

Lynne....it was beautiful this morning.......not sure what happened tonight......who brought the rain??

mac.....that does sound an exhausting tour, time to relax now......other tours aren’t far away.......

Keisha......views sound lovely. Enjoy rest of your trip........(pumpkin is now empty :))

Sue.....love a good get together with friends.......I’ve had emails from mine asking when I’m coming home.......lol.......

Pumpkin........snow.......just no. Too early in any country........I used to change around our back sitting room when Tom was away with work.....it’s a large room, so easy to move things around......not sure why really. But, change is good sometime........

Robo.......that is my favourite view in Sapphire.......all suites we’ve had there have had a lagoon view.....love it. Yes, a few rums have been enjoyed........enjoy your time there........

Still having a blast........rain tonight so we went offsite for dinner then quick drink in Margaritaville........

Avoided dinner with the cousin.......she asked to have dinner with us tomorrow night, but told her, sorry, no...... our last night is just us.......just the two of us......we’ve always done that, we like it that way. Kind of a tradition. So, she said ok.......will see her sometime.

But cool tonight.......73F after 94F this afternoon.......big drop!!!! Just looked out at the pool and it’s almost empty.......folks are wrapped in towels.

Arranged our transport home from the airport on Thursday today.......booked the train and managed to get first class thankfully......no clambering for seats or luggage space. So, we’re all sorted now.

Early night tonight.......we’re shattered. A month of running around in the heat has caught up with us.......

Hope everyone is good.........

Schumi it seems too soon too soon for you to go back home!
But you’ll be back by the end of the year to your American home again

Margaritaville is a lovely place
Went there tonight but left at maybe 8
and went looking for a place that had crown royal or something similar

Watching the weather on tv and rain likely to happen more next 6 days
Hopefully that my tour nights don’t have a lot of rain
Crowds + rain + darkness not my favorite way to do hhn

Later this week I will try to read back and catch up on how everyone has been doing

Hope all the homies are fine !

I blame pinterest!
Me too. I love pinterest!!!! So many ideas. It's just nice to find some different ideas

My view is a nice one.
Oh my....that is a lovely view. It never a bad day with that view

Hanging at IOA now
Studios closes at 5 or 6 tonight and IOA later
Walk on rides this past hour
Quite enjoy it

Sounds like a great park day!!!!

Have to push back my ressie, and they were so nice about it. Good thing I unpacked around 5, and oops, forgot stuff. Run to WM took few minutes, and with some extra, now enjoying this:
I hate when I forget those few things...but at least you were able to pick them up. And your meal...I would certainly eat that!!!!

Hi I just went from 6am-9pm at Hollywood Studios
Sounds like fun!!!!! Have a great time!!!!

Arranged our transport home from the airport on Thursday today.......booked the train and managed to get first class thankfully......no clambering for seats or luggage space. So, we’re all sorted now.
It seems like you were just off and starting your trip! I can't believe that your almost gone back home.

Quiet evening here. We were just finalising our plans for this coming weekend. We are making a quick unexpected trip To visit the dd...and deliver a snowmachine our friend purchased from someone here. So we thought we would deliver it to him...and get a quick visit to see the dd at the same time. Hoping to maybe go shopping with the dd for furniture for the nursery...as that is our gift to them.

Just finishing my beverage, then heading to bed. Still searching for more ideas lol. Another evening lost in pinterest!!!!

Pumpkin, that is a nice gift of baby furniture, and while snowblower gives me a brr, nice you are making the trip this weekend, and get to see DD too. Always fun to see what others do on Pinterest. I do for color combos sometimes. Hope the weather will be nice, with no ❄️ this week.

Well, enjoyed the meal, it was very good food, and very nice staff. Pretty restaurant. Then by the time I was done, park was closing, so went up to Strong Water, and enjoyed a glass of wine by the windows watching some rainy weather. By 10:30, I had enough, so came back, and ooh, 11:30 before I realized time to bed. Was up around 5:30, and have been trying to get back to sleep, but oh well. Playing on my phone, while charging it.

Anither hot day, so drink up all, and have a taco. Yep,🌮 Tuesday is here.

No Taco Bell run for Mac today, I am pretty sure, well maybe one from that Bumblebee truck.

RAPstar, yay for having that pink drink, and sounds like so much fun in the parks.

Mac, glad you enjoyed some evening park time. Yep, I am very much hoping no rain at all during our tour, fabulous weather, yes.

Schumi, so nice your way back home is now all settled. Your time here has seem to go by fast. I hope your last couple of days are just as fun. And yes, none of that rain that we saw yesterday.

Keusha, hope your are still enjoying the parks, and yeah, I would not be taking a peak at what is in that water. Yep, any time there is a bit of water, hello 🐊

Have a wonderful day, and good morning all.

Schumi it seems too soon too soon for you to go back home!
But you’ll be back by the end of the year to your American home again

Margaritaville is a lovely place
Went there tonight but left at maybe 8
and went looking for a place that had crown royal or something similar

Watching the weather on tv and rain likely to happen more next 6 days
Hopefully that my tour nights don’t have a lot of rain
Crowds + rain + darkness not my favorite way to do hhn

Later this week I will try to read back and catch up on how everyone has been doing

Hope all the homies are fine !

I hope you don’t get too much rain this coming week.......we’ve been unbelievably lucky with the weather this year........incredibly hot and dry. Rain we did have was only on for a very short time, once for 5 minutes......

Cowfish Bar has Crown Royal......I know you dont like the restaurant, but the bar is nice to sit at. That’s what we do.

Yes, a month has gone by......but it hasn’t felt quick at all.......it’s gone by very nicely and hasn’t felt rushed or over too quickly........and even better, yep......back next month...... :cheer2: ok.......it’s at the very end of the month......but still next month wooohoooo.........

Me too. I love pinterest!!!! So many ideas. It's just nice to find some different ideas

Oh my....that is a lovely view. It never a bad day with that view

Sounds like a great park day!!!!

I hate when I forget those few things...but at least you were able to pick them up. And your meal...I would certainly eat that!!!!

Sounds like fun!!!!! Have a great time!!!!

It seems like you were just off and starting your trip! I can't believe that your almost gone back home.

Quiet evening here. We were just finalising our plans for this coming weekend. We are making a quick unexpected trip To visit the dd...and deliver a snowmachine our friend purchased from someone here. So we thought we would deliver it to him...and get a quick visit to see the dd at the same time. Hoping to maybe go shopping with the dd for furniture for the nursery...as that is our gift to them.

Just finishing my beverage, then heading to bed. Still searching for more ideas lol. Another evening lost in pinterest!!!!

I’ve never ever looked at Pinterest......folks always talk about it a lot. I know some of my friends do it......have a lovely weekend with your daughter, sounds a nice trip to enjoy. Yep, it’s always time to go home at some point......we’ve had the best time, albeit with a few odd happenings this time........

Hey Lynne......I just saw you pop in there........yep, hope no more rain for a while.........

Up far too early this morning,....planned to sleep later, but it never happens! Very weird dreams last night!! But nothing unusual for me according to my husband......he thinks I’m the queen of weird dreams!! He’s probably right........::yes::

Ready for some food this morning. No idea what we’re doing today yet.....will decide in Club Lounge over breakfast as usual.......

Have a great Tuesday whatever you may be doing.........:wave2:

I tried to do hadgrids yesterday but things were being held up

Saw it was still open and then told by a tm it was at capacity
Really going to try hard to do it today

If I could find Lynne and go with her, I’m sure I could get in without hours wait

She has the uncanny gift of knowing when to be there at the right time

Up early and just hanging trying to check out weather channel
Do I bring the umbrella or not is todays main thought

Homies you should all come on down and play with the homies that are here today!

Have a smooth fun day !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter