• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing............ #14

Though I have to say, DisneyLife, a little credit offer with the switch, was a nice extra. Yeah, I think the phone lines close at 9pm. They are open at 7:30am though. So does that mean, maybe we can say hello at the HRH this September?

Oh, FWIW, DisneyLife, read on the Facebook Universal AP feed, that those with Aventura reservations, got HRH upgrade at a $50 more a night cost. So depending on what your Aventura rate was, add $50 to it, and does it come out lower than your HRH rate that you have after your Aventura rate? If so, then if you want to stay all at the HRH, it is something to think about.

I can’t even win a game playing crazy 8’s
Lol
And I’m better playing cards then the lottery.

yup will be seeing you in September Lynne when you move to RP
You’ll be checked in before me.

I don’t arrive until the end of the month

I can’t even win a game playing crazy 8’s
Lol
And I’m better playing cards then the lottery.

yup will be seeing you in September Lynne when you move to RP
You’ll be checked in before me.

I don’t arrive until the end of the month

Yep, will be checking into RPR, the day before you arrive. So give me a call when you arrive and settled, as not sure where I will be, most likely in one of the parks.

Charade, I like that movie too, and knew my mom really liked it too, so took her to a special showing of it at the movie theater. Was neat to see it on a big screen.

AC just went on again. Warm overnight, and no singing in the rain here either. Dry day and think dry night.

News had weather lady on, and said rainy Sunday. Tomorrow, is warm, with sun and clouds.

Ack, not want to be a night owl 🦉, but not really tired for some reason. I should be 💤 soon. Doubt I will be the last to sleep.

Peaceful night, to all the homies.

Oh, and on my HRH email, said no concierge services or valet. That’s okay, not staying club anyway, and always park my own car.

Mac, all must be lucky, that got good AP rates. No AP rates I can see tonight for either RPR or HRH during my now HRH time. Then my stay at RPR time, no AP rates available either. Guess they are filling up rooms.

And yes, very pleased to get the rates I got this year. Now to get that rental car rate down a good bit.

Here just as the light came on but eyes couldn’t focus to read the posts. Not good night so got up eventually and took Louie out. Now on sofa with feet up and coffee. Be a while till anyone’s else rises.
It’s another beautiful day - we’ve been so lucky with the weather.

Scrolling through movies and found Singing in the Rain - love it!

Happy Saturday everyone x

Last edited:
Back home now and will stay inside for the rest of the evening. We just had a nice rainstorm as we left the restaurant after dinner.

B and I did a little shopping before coming home. We went to my favorite store first. It’s called Christmas Mouse. I could go broke in there, but I was good and only bought 2 Marvel ornaments that will go on our superhero tree.

Next B wanted to go to the Yankee Candle store. This place is huge.
View attachment 518546

They have all sorts of stuff here besides candles. They have toys, kitchen items, home decor, and even a large Christmas shop.
View attachment 518547

Oh, in case you were wondering...
View attachment 518548

Our last stop was the outlet mall. I just wanted to get a new pair of Skechers.
I thought of y’all while I was there though.

View attachment 518550

I would LOVE to visit that YK store......glad you`re having such a lovely trip with your daughter.....

Over 2 hour wait, but got a supervisor, and she was so nice explaining everything. They are canceling my SF reservation, and will get my deposit back in a week or so. She then booked the HRH at my SF rate, with a deposit. Savings of almost $400 over current HRH AP rate. Deal.

Schumi, while I very much enjoy RPR, I am going to spend a week there after my 5 days now at HRH.

Now get the express pass the whole stay. How nice is that?

What a night!

Sorry to hear of your busted call, in waiting, then not connecting, Mac. I’d be mad. I was so surprised it took that long to get an agent, but I figured there would be many calls, as I know I was certainly not going to be the only one getting the please call us email.

Glad you are happy with your deal Lynne......yes having EP the whole time will be nice, even if it a little quieter......

I imagine they will be busy next few days with calls once people start to find out about this.......

Seriously!?! Its not even good for you. Not giving it another thought ever after hearing its not good for you.

Schumi, so glad someone else feels the way I do about trucks. We have almost a century of delivering with them. Time for technology to come up with something else.

I have not! Not a big cauliflower fan. Do you use it just like regular rice or is it more like a vegetable side?

I have transporters all the time say , "wait a moment, I am driving and have to get it off my phone", when I ask the for vin numbers.

Yeah, I think he's a keeper.

Loved it when we were there in February. Not sure what they are doing now and kinda bummed as they probably wont have it in December when/if we go.

Ordered out for the guys tonight for dinner, just too hot for anything heavy right now, but they could eat a 7 course meal no matter what the temperature.

Have a great weekend all.

lol...well, brown rice isn`t good for me.......not great with fibre.....but it has a weird texture too and tastes like earth.......not a fan of cauliflower rice either......it has a weird smell when heated....for me. I know many like it, but if I`m going to have rice.....I`ll have rice. my favourite rice is from the Indian....they do a sweet pilau rice which is just lush!!!

Yes, trucks need a replacement.......we really need a better rail transport delivery system.....it could be faster and more efficient generally, but sadly until we have the infrastructure to handle that we`re stuck with trucks......some are better than others for sure. Most large companies have a number to call if they`re driven badly and you don`t get the driver when you call....lol......our friends that have just sold his haulage firm were owners who insisted their drivers behave on the road and took any complaints seriously. But, the one and done owners small firms at times don`t care.....that`s where the transport police come in though.

cv2289-S.jpg

😄

Yes, it`s a shame the buffet breakfasts at the hotels are gone.......they were all lovely....

Hope the food was good......yes, it`s funny how some can eat even when it`s hot......I am one of those people.......:rotfl:

My husband is the best......yes, think I`ll keep him now....although after 30 years together I think we`ll work......:thumbsup2

Quiet Saturday here....it is so still outside, not a breath of breeze and the sea looks like glass.......dull and warm today, well, warmish......70f. Think the whole country is in for a change this week........lots of rain and thunder around.

No plans to go out today anywhere.......laundry, some cleaning and a few catch up calls and emails........and try and catch my mother in!! Although Tom and Kyle are going quad biking this afternoon......I`m sure they`ll come home muddy again as I swear this place sprays the whole circuit with water every morning......even if it has rained!

Ordered a few things for Tom`s upcoming birthday week after next......we`ll be in Scotland (hopefully) for it, so will have a lovely meal somewhere. But, you gotta have somethings to open......although he did catch me out on one.....I ordered a special one off wine from one of our wine clubs.......they only sent the confirmation to his email address!!!! I knew they had both emails, but just assumed they`d reply to the one that sent it......oh well......wine will still be nice......

And September is my busiest month for birthdays/anniversaries and so on......family, friends and god children.......I lost count how many cards and gifts I have to organise....usually we`re away so I have to be organised before September starts, but this year won`t be as manic........

Indian takeout for me tonight and pizza for the others.......lunch is same as yesterday, charcuterie.

Have some lovely beef shortribs for tomorrow, will marinade them overnight and then slow cook them all day tomorrow......

Bacon was nice too........

cv2296-S.jpg

cv2233-M.jpg

cv2191-Th.jpg

cv2050-L.png

:rolleyes1

Have a wonderful Saturday.........

Good Afternoon Julie and Schumi.

A nice quiet start to my Saturday. Sunrise was so pretty, and a bright and sunny morning so far.

And Schumi, I am so happy for you, that your trip to Scotland is on. And a hehe, my mum was hard to get ahold of too, sometimes. Busy ladies. Good for them.

No real plans today, though will go with little one to pick up her order. Maybe do a little shopping too, while there. Otherwise, it will be nice to walk around on a flat floor, with the AC on, as It is a huge mall. Just hoping not too crowded, as if so, a pick up and leave. Why I want her to be there around opening. Most on a weekendare not early starters to shop. Though no matter when we have gone, there has been lines for some stores. Thankfully, we do not shop at them, anyway.

And so, a weekend usually means a quiet house in the morning, errands run, and a relaxing day. I expect this Saturday is no different. Yay!

Ah, saw no PBH until later too, would have happily switched to there. I feel for the workers there. I am just very happy, I can still get away, and have some park time.

And a small dip in rental car prices. But yay, for less than a ten dollars difference from a midsize to a premium car, guess what car I reserved? Yep, I have seen mini vans and other not what I want cars on the midsize aisle. Though I am now arriving at night, I am hoping to find a nice car, I like, on that premium aisle. But as any rental, I will continue to check, cancel and rebook, hoping to get the best rate I can. If a full size is offered at a much better price than other size cars, I may switch. While still quite a bit higher than last year, it is finally getting to a price I can live with. I know I have to pay for parking, but that’s always part of my known costs. I like to explore, and the ease of going whenever and where ever I want. I definitely will go to Disney Springs, still have gift cards for a burger place close to PBH, and maybe a visit to the Mall, also not far from the resorts. On the way to the Mall, is a Krispy Kreme, so if their light is on, yep a donut stop too. I am not fond of the City Walk donuts, and don’t mind a KK one. KK’s are smaller, so I can get different flavors to try, instead of one large donut.

With that, Schumi always has me at bacon. And I’d be with the pizza ordering guys, as not a fan of many Indian dishes. Ah, and Tom’s also an August birthday. I do feel sad, that your looked forward trip in September is no more, but with all going on, changes are expected. At least you can get away, soon, and then later. I hope your Ho Ho trip report does have live posts, and posts from the just done trip.

And so, not much to say, time to refill the tea pot, and enjoy the big screen, as the remote is mine. And ::yes:: ,

6378D7A9-B39F-459D-9F5E-56C92EED8EFC.jpeg Hope your Saturday and life is good too!

Though I have to say, DisneyLife, a little credit offer with the switch, was a nice extra. Yeah, I think the phone lines close at 9pm. They are open at 7:30am though. So does that mean, maybe we can say hello at the HRH this September?

Thanks for all the info!!!

Getting ready to call soon!!

I am good with any price difference, but always like a deal, I had booked a deluxe 2 queen for $104 per night at Aventura through an exclusive offer sent several months back, we are not staying club this trip either, deluxe room at HR however and may even bump up to a future rock star suite??? Those are nice!!!

Would love to say hello at some point next month at HRH!!! :wave2:

Good luck wherever you end up, DisneyLife, as that was a great deal for Aventura. For some reason, just not eager to book that hotel. Yep, hoping to have a DISmeet with you, Mac, Robo, and any other homie, I’d be happy to say hello to you too.

Ooh, I think I hear someone up, and it’s definitely not little one. Breakfast then coming up, as he is good with eggs and bacon. Thinking maybe pancakes, as little one can put one in the toaster, if not hot when she gets up. Or maybe they will just go in the refrigerator, as little one will most likely want to eat out before or after our mall trip, and lunch menu. 8-)

Good luck wherever you end up, DisneyLife, as that was a great deal for Aventura. For some reason, just not eager to book that hotel. Yep, hoping to have a DISmeet with you, Mac, Robo, and any other homie, I’d be happy to say hello to you too.

Ooh, I think I hear someone up, and it’s definitely not little one. Breakfast then coming up, as he is good with eggs and bacon. Thinking maybe pancakes, as little one can put one in the toaster, if not hot when she gets up. Or maybe they will just go in the refrigerator, as little one will most likely want to eat out before or after our mall trip, and lunch menu. 8-)

So far 33 minutes............

Well worth the wait for a destination we love so much though!!!!!

Good morning everyone. No plans today. I just finished paying bills and should probably do some house cleaning.

Yesterday was a good news/bad news sort of day. The bad - some of you may remember that I had outpatient surgery back in July of 2019. Well, I finally got the bill for that yesterday. Our medical facility was going through a billing change back when I had the surgery and patients weren't getting bills or getting the wrong bill. I tried to call and pay, but was told to wait for the bill. They gave me a $50 "courtesy credit".
The good - A couple of months ago I contributed to a Kickstarter for a cat water fountain. This month the company is having a contest and giving away one fountain per day. All you have to do is post a picture of your cat on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram and tag the company and use their hashtag. Caspian was yesterday's winner. I think the fountains are supposed to start shipping in October.

I would LOVE to visit that YK store...
If you ever find yourself in Williamsburg, VA I will make the 3 hour drive and meet you there.

All this talk about Universal hotels is making me really want to go back. Sadly, it just isn't in the budget. We are really looking forward to our Disney trip next year though. I am trying to convince my family to make this trip a little more relaxed than our past trips have been.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter