Something About Nothing............ #14

Then was a good day for you, so far, Schumi. Means maybe cooking outside tonight.

Our weather lady said still humid out, with possible rain showers. So maybe no lightning for us, either.

Pooch had me up before 7 am doing that breakfast tap dance. He’s close to being exiled from the BR.
B ended up getting a pair of flip flops.
What, no crocs :) lol
That looks amazing!!! Would love to have a go on it.....
Seaworld in MCO has similar version, it is fun
My fav coaster there is the Loch Ness monster. older one but love how at one point it goes so close to the water it appears you are going to get dunked
Brown rice is another devil food.......absolutely rank!!! And not good for you, don`t believe the healthy bunch.......
Can’t get past the texture
And that`ll be Friday! Will call my mum too......although now she has a little more freedom up there, she has been getting out a little more.......I get her machine a lot now!!
That’s nice to read:)
We now know Kev’s son’s baby will be a boy so I would like to get to my fabric mill for some suitable fabrics. I love to hand sew patchwork so a padded baby mat will be nice for a winter project. Not sure if we’ll have time today.
Aw, that’s such a nice idea. I keep saying i’m Going to try & tackle a tshirt quilt...someday
She loves coasters. Unfortunately she had to ride by herself. Heights don’t bother her like they bother me. She has even been hang gliding.
Wow
Will be delighted when I go back on my regular schedule
They say it take a week of doing something for it to become ingrained. Maybe you’ll be an early bird vs that raven now :). Naw lol
do find most truckers know their truck. Though we witnessed a truck not see a car, as it tried to pass, and yep, damaged car, that then hit other cars. Thankfully, we could get out of the way, as on a highway. I always give truckers lots of room to see my car.
It’s a quite mixed bag, unfortunately. So many are caught Keeping multiple log books/driving far longer per day that federal laws permit it’s downright scary. I get many are paid by the mile vs the load but absolutely no excuse for that practice.

You’d be floored by number of vehicle violations the police find during road checks. Many municipalities in my area thank them for their ‘dis-service’. Those fines add up to help the local budgets as well as help keep things safer for all. Ultimately, its in the driver’s lap as to legal responsibility vs the company that may own the rig.

On the other side, it literally floors me to watch cars hug the back end of a truck on the highways for miles. Never mind how the trailers can sway...if you can’t see the driver’s mirror, he can’t see you.

But, we do have our wine delivery today..
Hip, hip hooray...gives new meaning to a whine day :)

Last edited:

Then was a good day for you, so far, Schumi. Means maybe cooking outside tonight.

Our weather lady said still humid out, with possible rain showers. So maybe no lightning for us, either.

No cooking out tonight.....making chicken and chorizo mac n cheese......lush!!! Weather is kind of not one thing or another right now......little sun, little cloud and a little rain.....although forecast next few days isn`t brilliant......

Pooch had me up before 7 am doing that breakfast tap dance. He’s close to being exiled from the BR.

What, no crocs :) lol

Seaworld in MCO has similar version, it is fun
My fav coaster there is the Loch Ness monster. older one but love how at one point it goes so close to the water it appears you are going to get dunked

Can’t get past the texture

That’s nice to read:)

Aw, that’s such a nice idea. I keep saying i’m Going to try & tackle a tshirt quilt...someday

Wow

They say it take a week of doing something for it to become ingrained. Maybe you’ll be an early bird vs that raven now :). Naw lol

It’s a quite mixed bag, unfortunately. So many are caught Keeping multiple log books/driving far longer per day that federal laws permit it’s downright scary. I get many are paid by the mile vs the load but absolutely no excuse for that practice.

You’d be floored by number of vehicle violations the police find during road checks. Many municipalities in my area thank them for their ‘dis-service’. Those fines add up to help the local budgets as well as help keep things safer for all. Ultimately, its in the driver’s lap as to legal responsibility vs the company that may own the rig.

On the other side, it literally floors me to watch cars hug the back end of a truck on the highways for miles. Never mind how the trailers can sway...if you can’t see the driver’s mirror, he can’t see you.

Hip, hip hooray...gives new meaning to a whine day :)

lol.....doing the breakfast tap dance......:rotfl:I can just picture your little cutie doing that......

Yes, I just called her an hour or so ago and she`s not in.....and despite being told a million times, she hasn`t her mobile phone switched on!!! She`s like a naughty teenager......but, yes, I`m glad she`s back out after all those months.

Yes, worrying what`s on the roads today.......the amount of times you see them on phones and even ipads when driving those huge things along the road....maybe doing their books as they drive.........scary.......yes, I imagine there is a lot of fudging of things like that. Glad their fines go to something useful.....

Whine day.....lol.....

My friends little GD Elise has just left.......bless her, she is so lovely and didn`t want to leave when her mum came to get her, I promised her we`d see her soon. Such a lovely natured child and so funny! It wasn`t quite the full hour she was here which was disappointing, but still nice. She was so sad she didn`t get to see Kyle as he couldn`t come out to see her as he was busy, but she`ll see him next time. She left with her usual choice of liquid soap from Bath & Body and a hand sanitiser.....lol....her mother did insist they did had soap at home....she likes those ones though.

Will try my mum again soon.....no idea where she might have gone.......

Still reading through An Omelette and a glass of Wine by Elizabeth David, it really is a beautiful read......haven`t read it for a while.......will get back to it later and yes, probably with a glass of wine 🍷

So hot here again today - did manage to get over to Dad’s after Emma’s meeting.

Filled his black refuse bin with odds and ends from the garage and sadly a coat that I’ve been hanging on to. It was one of Mum’s from the early 50’s and as a teenager I loved to wear this very long and heavy item. When I discovered it in her wardrobe it had cleaning tags and a note about shortening it. I tried it on today but no use to me at the shorter length.

I now have only a blazer and dress of hers and her beautiful wedding dress. I’m definitely keeping the wedding dress. As I’ve said before I’m grateful for this extended time to go through everything and dispose of things slowly.

Kev got straight in the garden on our return and is cutting the grass. Don’t know how we’d cope without him. Not much he can’t do or repair. Like Dad he was an engineer.

J is here asking me to google help for his game so TTFN.

No clothes saved but one of my mom’s. Have none from my dad. Just things from him. My mom loved Pooh, so we gave her favorite sweatshirt jacket to my ex SIL, to make into something. We still keep in touch with her, and very lucky she is an expert seamstress. With all going on, I have not touched base with her lately. I don’t want to rush her.

Schumi, whether eating in or outside, all your meals sound delicious, even if some or an ingredient or more, would not be for me. I will though, happily enjoy some just baked shortbread, and a cup of tea. 😊

And so, bills paid in store and snail mailed, and spent my birthday dollars at one of the stores I paid my bill. Then went to the produce store, and had brunch on the road. Was so hungry for some reason, and what we got hit the spot. Not enough drink for me though. Older one drove, and tried to pick an under the tree parking spot, where we would eat our food. Well, no shade it gave, and the AC was cranked once we started the car again. While there is a breeze, it certainly did not cool you down. When we got home, heard the AC on, and it’s still running as I am relaxing for a few minutes.

Oh, in one store, we saw the cutest pup, standing proudly up in the cart, with ears straight up. Little light brown thing.

And so, almost ready to go to the grocery store. I am kinda dreading it, all was busy on the roads.

Keisha, hope some pool time was had today.

With that, the not a happy shopper older one may be asked to go grocery shopping with me. Always nice to have help with the bags.

Hope your Friday is as good as mine has been today. Relax, the weekend will be here soon.

Yes @macraven I agree I think I showed you the memory bears I had made for Mum and Dad out of favourite clothes. Lovely. I have Mum’s rings and Kev has his watches. My brother didn’t want any of them but has kept more paintings.

@Lynne G nice to share things out. We have tried to do that too.

We thought our weather was due to break but still beautiful - slightly cooler which was better for getting jobs done.

Managed to book a slot at another National Trust property for tomorrow so we are heading there for a walk. Quarry Bank mill is somewhere not too far where we would often go just to walk through the woodland but currently access is only allowed with a timed pass.

Hope everyone is heading for a good weekend x

Lynne, you got your bd money before the 21st?
And you spent it all, already.

Good girl!

Julie, I remember the bears !
Nice you have tomorrow’s walk already set up.

and to all the other homies, the count down for working today is almost here!

At 5:00, you’ll me on “me” time !

or you could be like me and every day is free time and no schedule.

No clothes saved but one of my mom’s. Have none from my dad. Just things from him. My mom loved Pooh, so we gave her favorite sweatshirt jacket to my ex SIL, to make into something. We still keep in touch with her, and very lucky she is an expert seamstress. With all going on, I have not touched base with her lately. I don’t want to rush her.

Schumi, whether eating in or outside, all your meals sound delicious, even if some or an ingredient or more, would not be for me. I will though, happily enjoy some just baked shortbread, and a cup of tea. 😊

And so, bills paid in store and snail mailed, and spent my birthday dollars at one of the stores I paid my bill. Then went to the produce store, and had brunch on the road. Was so hungry for some reason, and what we got hit the spot. Not enough drink for me though. Older one drove, and tried to pick an under the tree parking spot, where we would eat our food. Well, no shade it gave, and the AC was cranked once we started the car again. While there is a breeze, it certainly did not cool you down. When we got home, heard the AC on, and it’s still running as I am relaxing for a few minutes.

Oh, in one store, we saw the cutest pup, standing proudly up in the cart, with ears straight up. Little light brown thing.

And so, almost ready to go to the grocery store. I am kinda dreading it, all was busy on the roads.

Keisha, hope some pool time was had today.

With that, the not a happy shopper older one may be asked to go grocery shopping with me. Always nice to have help with the bags.

Hope your Friday is as good as mine has been today. Relax, the weekend will be here soon.

I have had the best Friday!!! But, not much different to every day to be honest......yes, dinner was nice, a bit too filling and rich for me to be honest, but I ate some of it.....even Kyle and friend ate it and she doesn`t really like cheese, so I took it as a compliment when she asked for more.......

Glad you`ve had a lovely day and hope your weekend is as good too Lynne with some lovely weather and a relaxing few cups of tea....I`ll send over some shortbread.....although I did make a coconut lime cake today......it`s about to be eaten from what I gather as everyone is through there right now......hope they leave me a bit for later........

Yes @macraven I agree I think I showed you the memory bears I had made for Mum and Dad out of favourite clothes. Lovely. I have Mum’s rings and Kev has his watches. My brother didn’t want any of them but has kept more paintings.

@Lynne G nice to share things out. We have tried to do that too.

We thought our weather was due to break but still beautiful - slightly cooler which was better for getting jobs done.

Managed to book a slot at another National Trust property for tomorrow so we are heading there for a walk. Quarry Bank mill is somewhere not too far where we would often go just to walk through the woodland but currently access is only allowed with a timed pass.

Hope everyone is heading for a good weekend x

I know Quarry Bank well.....have visited it a few times when we were visiting relatives over that way......nice place.

mac.....I agree......I love our time being our own, no schedule nothing to do and all day to do it...............oh I did find those toy trucks of Kyle`s we were talking about earlier 🚛🚚.........they were tucked away and some we will donate, some we`ll keep for sentimental reasons.....hopefully he`ll pass them on one day......but there are some lovely memories up there with old toys we`ve kept.....we have a large attic thankfully!

Well, just had a lovely day, and a lovely week actually........

Tom always gets me flowers on a Friday 💞 ....has done every week since we met all those years ago.......and today was no different. So I put them in the vase and dropped the whole lot on the kitchen floor where the vase shattered into a million pieces.....not an expensive vase thankfully......so couldn`t let Elise through when she was in just in case we had missed a bit.....we have brushed, set the dyson on it, mopped it, brushed it again and again......just walked in and the light on the plinths of the base of the cabinets were on, one huge big piece of glass was just sitting there......how we missed it about 6 times I`ll never know.......

So, we went over it all again just in case......we have a large kitchen so it did spread out over quite a distance! Not to mention the water!

Lazy night ahead.........everyone is completely stuffed from dinner......no one has room for ice cream, and I`ve just seen three people come through and tell me the cake is delicious......so much for them being stuffed!

Sofa`s are calling us for sure!!!

Love a Friday night........

Ooh, I did that once Schumi, and the other day, saw a very small piece of glass that must have fell out of cabinet when I shattered a vase in kitchen too, quite awhile before that. Glad to hear nice day for you.

And when hot, this is what you get:

868DD22F-A33F-4492-8D9C-EF584E2A255B.jpeg

@schumigirl nice that you know Quarry Bank - have you been since the kitchen gardens were redone with the little cafe? They were due to start on a new one there but obviously shelved for now.

@Lynne G love that picture!

@schumigirl nice that you know Quarry Bank - have you been since the kitchen gardens were redone with the little cafe? They were due to start on a new one there but obviously shelved for now.

Must be at least 10 years since we were there...we don`t visit the relatives over that way as much as we used to.

I don`t think I`m going to eat another thing for a week!!!!

Well.....we do have bacon for the morning..... :rotfl:

Kyle was supposed to be going out, but they`re in for the night now.....went to watch something on Netflix and they`ve got it on, they beat us to it :happytv:........will search for a DVD I think or something we have recorded.

No idea what we fancy watching......

@schumigirl we’re having movie night tomorrow but have started rewatching Vera from the beginning. Like the scenery even if I’m not properly concentrating!

Never watched an episode of that......don`t like Brenda Blethyn. It does look pretty up there, albeit colder, don`t know that area at all apart from going to Lindisfarne once many years ago.......

Pitch black here now from around 8.30 now......my astronomy loving son will be happy as he`ll be able to get back out soon imaging......nice hobby but little too cold for me! He does get some amazing images.

I have moved off the sofa to empty the dishwasher.....that`s about the most we`ll do tonight......

Car told me it was 92 on way home. Getting ready to sink up to neck to cool off. Glad I have leftover roast chicken breast ms in fridge

Lynne, you got your bd money before the 21st?
And you spent it all, already.
Early bird did get the worm!
I finally ordered my Birkenstock’s while bored at the pool watching little today lol

Tom always gets me flowers on a Friday 💞 ....has done every week since we met all those years ago.......and today was no different. So I put them in the vase and dropped the whole lot on the kitchen floor where the vase shattered into a million pieces.....not an expensive vase thankfully......so couldn`t let Elise through when she was in just in case we had missed a bit.....we have brushed, set the dyson on it,
Aw that’s nice, well not the broken vase

my dyson came In last week woot! So powerful it is sucking up one of my room sized rugs in DR...oriental type Arrrrgh

mr going to try adapting the self adjusting head If not back it goes for less powerful model sigh

Here, hope the dog doesn’t get sucked up, Keisha. 😂

Well, a mishmash for dinner. Pizza with Caesar salad, and some corn chowder.

Ah, all are full, and screen viewing, with older one now having chatted with his online friends for some time. Definitely will be a late night for them. Little one has to pick up an order from a store, and it does not open until 11am tomorrow. Hence, a more late morning wake up, I am sure. Though I will start pestering closer it gets to 11. I like to be the early bird no matter when.

Watching the Food Channel, as yeah, when you are full..... Eh, until the new Fall shows or episodes, seems not much new, I that I may have seen before.

Ah, Friday night, and I am not going out. And so far, no drop of rain in sight, so not a loser, I am. 😊

So SF will be closed when I am staying there so moving to RPR or HRH. I think I may choose HRH, as never been there. Thoughts? Though I am moving to RPR after the SF stay.

I like HR a lot!

I stayed there from the second year it was built.

The Kitchen I liked for their breakfast buffet and menu

There is a short cut way to the Studios at hrh

I switched to RP some years back and have grown quite fond of it.

The short walk to city walk was ideal for me from
that hotel

If they are changing you to HR without an increase of room rate, try the hotel out.

It is not what you call a quiet hotel like RP is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter