• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing............ #14

Car told me it was 92 on way home. Getting ready to sink up to neck to cool off. Glad I have leftover roast chicken breast ms in fridge

Early bird did get the worm!
I finally ordered my Birkenstock’s while bored at the pool watching little today lol

Aw that’s nice, well not the broken vase

my dyson came In last week woot! So powerful it is sucking up one of my room sized rugs in DR...oriental type Arrrrgh

mr going to try adapting the self adjusting head If not back it goes for less powerful model sigh

I love our Dyson.

Had the previous one for years and years.....then got the cordless about 18 months ago and love it......it`s so good I`ve hardly used it as Tom loves it and does any vacuuming needed......lol.....

Nice job on the Birks!!! And you are hot over there!!!! Get in that pool girl.......

So SF will be closed when I am staying there so moving to RPR or HRH. I think I may choose HRH, as never been there. Thoughts? Though I am moving to RPR after the SF stay.

RPR every time and twice on a Sunday........

Almost bedtime here.........

mac.......bacon in the morning.........see you then!!! :thumbsup2

@Lynne G who do you like on the Food Channel? I still love Barefoot Contessa and have just set up record today as they are starting from Series 1 Episode 1 again!

I like most on that channel, Julie. I do really like the Barefoot Contessa. I actually like the country singer lady too. It’s DDD tonight. Some I remember, some I don’t.

I have been on hold for over 50 minutes with Universal so far. Good thing nothing of value to do tonight.

Back home now and will stay inside for the rest of the evening. We just had a nice rainstorm as we left the restaurant after dinner.

B and I did a little shopping before coming home. We went to my favorite store first. It’s called Christmas Mouse. I could go broke in there, but I was good and only bought 2 Marvel ornaments that will go on our superhero tree.

Next B wanted to go to the Yankee Candle store. This place is huge.

They have all sorts of stuff here besides candles. They have toys, kitchen items, home decor, and even a large Christmas shop.

Oh, in case you were wondering...

Our last stop was the outlet mall. I just wanted to get a new pair of Skechers.
I thought of y’all while I was there though.

Thanks for the pictures, Charade. Glad you are home, and enjoyed your time away.

Still on hold, over an hour now. I hate to give up, so repeated stuff I am hearing.

When I call a place and put on hold for the next available agent, never know when to give up and think surely it will only take a few more minutes

Did a call to SS and by the time I was connected to a person, had static on the line and could not understand a thing the agent said
Then they hung up on me
That’s a wasted hour + I will never see again

Drats.....!

Over 2 hour wait, but got a supervisor, and she was so nice explaining everything. They are canceling my SF reservation, and will get my deposit back in a week or so. She then booked the HRH at my SF rate, with a deposit. Savings of almost $400 over current HRH AP rate. Deal.

Schumi, while I very much enjoy RPR, I am going to spend a week there after my 5 days now at HRH.

Now get the express pass the whole stay. How nice is that?

What a night!

Sorry to hear of your busted call, in waiting, then not connecting, Mac. I’d be mad. I was so surprised it took that long to get an agent, but I figured there would be many calls, as I know I was certainly not going to be the only one getting the please call us email.

Lynne besides the sweet deal of lower costs
( matching the rate), you get the free ep!

yay........ for you!

Need to get caught up here, got email today about our nights we had planned at Aventura, so should we just go with more nights at HR or still do a split?????

Will have to see what is available when I call.

Should i guess that’s served straight up?

Yes, well at least I did. Some at work today suggested mixing it with raspberry dazzle(?) saying it tasted like PB&J, but that definitely wouldnt be for me.

At 8:15 pm on way home from softball game, glanced at the town’ electronic billboard and it indicated 86 degrees.

It is just so hot all over. Where hubby wants to move it will be over 100 all weekend.

Tonight’s light is from Escape from Pompeii during Christmastown

That was just beautiful Charade!

Brown rice is another devil food.......absolutely rank!!! And not good for you, don`t believe the healthy bunch.......:thumbsup2

Oh truckers!!!! yes, that would have been dreadful.......here we have a lot of roads that are only dual carriageways so if one pulls out in front of you....you can be stuck for miles.......funny thing is....they don`t like it when you do the same to them.......::yes:: and they love to do it when it`s a hill when they can barely move anyway....

Seriously!?! Its not even good for you. Not giving it another thought ever after hearing its not good for you.

Schumi, so glad someone else feels the way I do about trucks. We have almost a century of delivering with them. Time for technology to come up with something else.

Have you tried cauliflower rice? It’s definitely an acquired taste but I’ve just bought some more for the freezer as it suits my tummy.

I have not! Not a big cauliflower fan. Do you use it just like regular rice or is it more like a vegetable side?

but I’m also picking out perhaps 100 to have made into a book - with a copy for my brother for Christmas.

What a lovely gift for your brother!

OMG I have turned into my mother

I think that is inevitable, no matter how hard we try not to. I stand a certain way, say something and I can just picture my mother.

She has even been hang gliding.

Awesome! Good for her. Wish I had the guts.

Weather guy said less humidity today. Yeah, define lesser

Yay send it our way!

the amount of times you see them on phones and even ipads when driving those huge things along the road..

I have transporters all the time say , "wait a moment, I am driving and have to get it off my phone", when I ask the for vin numbers.

I’m definitely keeping the wedding dress.

My mom just donated hers to an organization the makes them into burial gowns for infants. Such a sad thought tho.

Tom always gets me flowers on a Friday 💞 ....has done every week since we met all those years ago.

Yeah, I think he's a keeper.

The Kitchen I liked for their breakfast buffet

Loved it when we were there in February. Not sure what they are doing now and kinda bummed as they probably wont have it in December when/if we go.

Ordered out for the guys tonight for dinner, just too hot for anything heavy right now, but they could eat a 7 course meal no matter what the temperature.

Have a great weekend all.

Need to get caught up here, got email today about our nights we had planned at Aventura, so should we just go with more nights at HR or still do a split?????

Well, you will be offered CB at the rate you had at Aventura. I guess if you are okay with higher rate at HRH for the days you were at Aventura, then do it, and maybe they can keep you in the same room.

For me, if I got switched to CB, I’d probably keep it, as never been there either, and will be nice to be so close to VB. And, I am all about saving money, when I can.

Anyway, my thoughts for what it’s worth. Less than a penny, I think. LoL

If you call, now you might get the same deal type of deal that Lynne did.

Lynne besides the sweet deal of lower costs
( matching the rate), you get the free ep!

yay........ for you!

Yep, and very nice of them to upgrade me (and all the other SF reservations) to the higher tiered hotels, at the much lower SF rate. And yes, smiles that I get not only a free upgrade, with a price match, but getting the express too.

Snow I’m always amazed at you and the others doing multiple quoting

just have not got a handle to do that on the iPhone

Lynne do I have this right that they are only allowing that upgrade switch to the next level up?

Last year I read about an over booking and person was allowed to make the change of hotels without additional fees up to premier level

Oh, chatty now. LoL

I do like peanut butter, but doubt I would like any alcohol flavored with it, Snow. And a hehe, I have men in my house. Yep, they can eat me out of house and home. LoL. I like ordering out or cooking on the grill when it is hot out. My kitchen is in the middle of the house, and it gets warm when I cook in there. Which is why we ordered pizza, and I picked up in grocery, bag of Caesar salad, and you heat corn chowder. Only thing left is 1/2 of a pizza. We had to order two, as neither kid wanted what other wanted on the pie. I took a piece from both. I like both kinds of pie we ordered. The pies are not large, but they are filling, so most of the time, little one and I split, older one can, and does, eat the whole pie. But I felt like being somewhat healthy, so I was the only one eating the salad and the chowder serving really filled me up.

Lynne do I have this right that they are only allowing that upgrade switch to the next level up?

Last year I read about an over booking and person was allowed to make the change of hotels without additional fees up to premier level

They are offering to move you, at same rate, for same time, and at same room kind, from SF to either RPR or HRH. I don’t know if the room kind was not available in the hotel you selected, maybe they would then only offer you the other hotel, or I guess maybe they would allow you to move to a different time. My agent said they had the same room kind available at HRH, so no upgrade in that way. I do appreciate that the only middle tier hotel got the upgrade to the highest tier hotels, where the 2nd to lowest tier only went from 2nd lowest to other 2nd lowest. If you were at Aventura, no 2 jump upgrade. Think would be true from CB only to Aventura. And if they closed the Suites, then I would think they would upgrade to Aventura or CB, as they are the lowest tier hotels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter