• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing............ #14

Great job on your potion bottles and Halloween display. Thank you for sharing the pictures. Worthy of a display in Borgin and Burke’s.

@Robo56 that cake looks good! I love making cakes.
Got all our tasks done on the list today! Tomorrow is vets for Louie’s annual overhaul - we have to stay in the car and the vet will come out and talk to us then take him in.
Then hubs has to meet his brother to go through some things at their mum’s home. We’ve sorted most things but his brother hasn’t been over since the funeral.
I have lots of sewing to do while he’s out - all grandson’s uniform has been bought for high school in September so names to go in everything and granddaughter has lots of new badges from Rainbows to go on her Rainbow jacket so I’ll get them done.
Might even do a cake inspired by @Robo56!

Lynne......thanks....lunch was so good!!! Hope your lunch was good whatever you had......

Elsa......wing night sounds so good!!! Most restaurants are fairly poor with wings over here....small and not much flavour. So, we always do our own. But, I do miss a good plate of wings from Orlando!!! Hope your rain clears soon.

Robo......lovely looking cake!!! Sounds like a lovely celebration for Grand Daughter.....it`s lovely you can all get together like that, but yes, of course you miss the other members......glad you have some lovely weather too......

mrose.....they are so cool!!! Yes, I wouldn`t put them away either.......

Had a lovely lunch out with our friends. It was a little different. We used to sit in the lounge till our table was ready or we were ready to eat, now it`s straight to your table in the restaurant part, but it was fine. We were the only people in till around 12.30 and then two other small parties came in, but we were all very far apart. It felt fine.

Food was good. They don`t do a sharing appetiser anymore unless you are a couple, so Tom and I shared a seafood platter then on to steaks for our entree.....all were delicious. It was just nice being together again for a good chat in person and we did all have a lovely time........and a good few bottles of wine were enjoyed between us as we all got cabs down to the restaurant.

We didn`t leave till around 3.45pm......and the owners who are lovely, were very grateful for the custom. It was a little quieter being lunch, and I`m sure dinner would be busier, so we`ll stick to lunch for a while.

Then came home and of course popped on the internet......

Anyone who reads my trip report will know that way back last week we decided to cancel our September trip and contacted Virgin to change our reservation to an open ticket. We can rebook anytime up to Sept 2022. So, we plan to book when Sept 2021 flights are released. We kind of thought the flight ban would still be in place anyway........

And today Virgin did indeed cancel September into October flights for this year. We just got in early......but we felt so much better knowing we had made our decision. We are the type of folks that don`t let things like that get us down.....always onwards to the next trip.......or the next one after that......:rotfl:We have a few planned!!!

Anyhoo.......time for another pot of tea and some shortbread I made this morning.....then some tv and an early night I think.......

Oh so sad about September, Schumi. But I think all had thought it would probably not be. So far, other than a much earlier flight change, my flights are still a go. Will have to have a rain check to say hello to you next September. And happy to hear you had an enjoyable lunch. Mine, sandwiches from home, but that’s fine. Was tasty, and now thinking a what for dinner.

Happy wednesday all :). Quite the busy week, phew. Started off badly with an RX i’ve Taken multiple times causing a reaction, quickly resolved though. Now playing catchup on pre surgical meds, seems to be one of the few times i lose my appetite.

Carole - sorry to hear the trip was cancelled, it sure won’t be the same with out you!
If we're counting bedroom trees and smaller ones I don't really decorate except for lights, then we're up to 5 or 6. My kids always had a small tree in their bedrooms growing up and my youngest still lives at home. Her tree is pink.
Wow, that’s a lot :).
yes lots, but DD said they are common in several places. Did I mention we spent almost an hour in hot sun at a rock shop so she could find specimens of rocks she didn’t have?
So funny, hope you had sun hats. We don’thave them here. Youngest DS always wanted to do a road trip to find geodes and do the emerald mines ? In some southern state I’ve forgotten lol
We are going to buy some of the Marvel ones once they are released. There is also a Wonder Woman one I would like. I told both family members that one of them could get it for me for my birthday.
I tend to buy my own BD, Xmas presents from the Mr. he gets a suprise when he opens the packing box :), wraps it and adds something in the card and we call it a day. He is always so thankful, hates to shop.

I loved that show when I was a kid. To me, Lynda Carter will always be Wonder Woman, but I think Gal Gadot did a great job with the role.
This is the ornament I want.
I feel the same. Nice ornament
Yep, there are a load of Christmas fans here.......self admitted Mrs Christmas here......love the whole experience!!!
Indeed. Don’t you have a full universal themed tree
Not sure what the process is over there with you all but in England it is not legally binding which can cause lots of expense and upset if people back out in a chain. Process here takes roughly about 8 weeks so we will see. Means I’ve now got to think about getting the furniture removed so I’m going to see if any charities want it first.
I’m a realtor. Contract is binding unless buyer requests a home inspection...then can walk away if seller won’t pay for repairs/violations.

I’ve only had a few buys default, more older sellers who decide they are just not ready to move out. Have never seen lawsuit filed for performance

Depends on appraisals & type of loan the buyers use as to length. Have seen cash deals close in three weeks, others with government funded mortgages drag on & on, usually due to a clerical error
Since our City was host to Live Aid, one radio station played live recordings of many of the songs all this weekend. Still hard to believe 35 years ago.
Indeed. I just heard they only had four bathrooms.

Also heard that Phillie cancelled all public events until 2021 something or other eek
It's back to the real world for me this week...we arrived home on Friday night and I went back to work Saturday morning. Wish I had taken an extra day off but I need to pay the bills. It was fun while it lasted and just what we needed.
That’s rough stuff indeed. Glad to hear you all had such a nice time!
Our governor had been making noises about possibly moving us back to phase 2. I am really hoping it doesn't come to that. We should know tomorrow afternoon.
Ugh. I was going to ask you if you had any inside info on whether Busch Gardens was going to open soon
Wasn`t keen on the Philadelphia part of the show. I know some of the stars like Led Zeppelin refused to allow their performance on the disc.....they were bad!!!
So bad they didn’t make the official. Plant & Phil Collins pointing fingers at each other as I understand it there.
Schumi
Your meme’s are a hoot!
Still laughing !

great way for me to start my morning!
Absolutely
Any Mythbusters fans here? I woke up to the news that Grant Imahara has died. He was only 49. Such sad new. He was my favorite one on the show.
Yep, that was shocking
Good Morning all. My your Wednesday be wonderful and have as perfect weather as this leaving High Weather system is giving us.
Sounds like a lovely Irish blessing, thank you!
I am at work and have absolutely nothing to do today. Not sure how that happened. 3:00 will take forever to get here.
Don’t look at the clock, it will cease to move lol
Son grilled steaks and I made twice baked potatoes, fresh sautéed corn and peppers, a tossed salad, rolls and celebration punch.

We played some cards after dinner and had a lovely time.
Sounds like a perfect party! That cake belongs on cover of a magazine. I’d like to think my baked goods taste far better than they look lol

Yeah Keisha, no Thanksgiving parade or Mummers parade either. No in person watching sports teams either, until end of February 2021. All the local colleges and Universities have cancelled all Fall term sports. I guess that end of February depends on if that’s all, or gets even more pushed out after the New Year. City School has said to be 2 days in person, rest online, this Fall, and if you don’t want to send your kids, can be all online. I can imagine it’s a do if you do, do if you don’t, for City families with kids in school. Tough. Little one now says one of her classes says changed to all in person. So depending on how many days that class meets, we may just buy her one day train tickets, rather than a pass. Have to do the math. And how much it costs to live down there has given her an aha, now says money better in the bank than spent on 10 months rent. Home is cheap. We don’t charge her rent. At least while a college kid. She figured if she saved over the next 3 years, what she would have spent on rent, she could even have more than enough for a downpayment on a house. Hey, I finally think I have a smart kid. LoL

Yum, burgers on the grill, so delicious. Have to take advantage of this beautiful sunny day, still. As tomorrow, the heat and humidity arrive with chances of that unlucky rain and thunderstorms for many in the area. Friday, even more chances to be unlucky, as humidity has been said will be oppressive. Ewww. With that sweat drenching humidity, you will be glad it rains. And Sunday predicted to have a heat index of 100F, with a full day of sun. May be another pool day Sunday. Where, the pool may be almost as warm. Quite lovely.

Time to chill. A perfect night in my book, sky viewing time, if those pesky clouds don’t arrive until late in the evening.

And yeah,
5DF4E6F3-EAE7-4E10-A0C0-B3000832CA4B.jpeg

Hehe,
486C1805-6975-4BC0-A34A-577140F051D5.jpeg:banana:

Today ended up being very weird. I finally got the printer to work after shutting down both the printer and computer twice. Then I got a call from an insurance company about a claim check we sent back. We have no record that the member was seen on that particular day. She was not in the calendar, the transaction was not in the ledger, and the therapist has no notes for her that day. Somehow, I have no idea how, a paper claim was generated, the therapist signed it, and we sent it to the insurance company. I still have no idea what happened. Later in the day one of the other therapists received an 85 page fax (yes, fax) from a client's physical therapy office. She is trying to help him with a disability claim. She asked for some information and then sent her his entire record.

Dh was supposed to have an eye exam today. It was rescheduled from last week. When he went for his appointment last week he was turned away because his temperature was too high. He had just had 2 vaccinations the day before which caused the temperature increase. When he showed up for his appointment today the office had lost power. Just a weird day all around.

I saw a Captain America Shield as a tree topper on a few Marvel Trees. I would be tempted to take one of the cool Spider-man, Hulk, or Iron-man masks I have seen in Target, Walmart.. etc...and use that as a tree topper with a few Christmas lights behind it to light up eyes. You can get some marvel fabric and use that as skirt. Gold curtain tie backs as lasso for Wonder-woman...just some thoughts.
Great ideas. I think a Captain America shield would look great. Either that or a Bat-signal.

Had a small birthday party for granddaughter yesterday evening.
Happy birthday to her!

Quick pics from my phone
They look great. I can see why you keep them out all year.

Anyone who reads my trip report will know that way back last week we decided to cancel our September trip and contacted Virgin to change our reservation to an open ticket. We can rebook anytime up to Sept 2022. So, we plan to book when Sept 2021 flights are released. We kind of thought the flight ban would still be in place anyway........
That's a bummer, but I guess I am not surprised.

Ugh. I was going to ask you if you had any inside info on whether Busch Gardens was going to open soon
From what I have heard they could have opened when we went to phase 3, but only allowed to have 1000 guests per day. They decided that it wasn't worth it to open for such a small crowd.

Dh wants me to go for a walk with him. Ugh, time to fight off the gnats.

Quick pics from my phone. Sorry, the lighting is off with the glare from the windows. I normally have them in my curio but there's a mirror and top light in there and they wouldn't photograph for anything! So I moved everything quickly to my dining room sideboard. They are Halloween decorations but I keep these out year round. I'll have to take pics when I decorate everything because it looks so much better when everything is together.
Hubby has Voldemort's wand on Slytherin stand and mine is the Elder wand on Ravenclaw stand. I told you all we're nerds. ;)
View attachment 510436

This is Edgar.... hes' my favorite decoration. He's holding Skele-grow.
View attachment 510443
View attachment 510444View attachment 510457View attachment 510458
It's hard to see the subtle colors, but they're slight metallics and distressed. I did not make the labels, they were free printables that I distressed and modpodged onto the bottles. Some are bottles I had here, the smaller ones are from Michaels.

I'll pop on later to catch up... I just wanted to take these from my phone while I had time.

You and my wife would have a blast with Halloween decor!!!

Very cool and creative.

My wife is a Michaels regular.......we have one very close to us :scared:

She loves Halloween and Christmas!

We all do!!!

I let her use about 3500 square feet of warehouse space to create a Grinchmas Wonderland and it was really cool!!!

We actually had both company and family parties there, it was awesome, I’ll admit I was a little annoyed with the money spent and stuff all over but when it was done.....WOW!

:wave2: making an evening stop in!

Had a quick snack and now we are going over to Dad’s to meet my brother - have to replace some old fence panels at the bottom of his garden as they have deteriorated. We had trouble getting them delivered - another thing that seems to be in short supply.
Those little jobs always take a little longer than we planned. It is a good feeling when they are done. I hope it turned out how you like.
Good morning! Raining here right now so no morning walk for me today. Hopefully it clears up and maybe will go for an evening walk instead.
I hope you got your walk in. Our weather here has been unseasonably cool and windy. Today was no different. I just don't even want to go outside when the weather is like this.
I am at work and have absolutely nothing to do today. Not sure how that happened. 3:00 will take forever to get here.
This was my day too!!! I had all my essential work done by 11:15. I found a couple of things to stretch out...but the day sure dragged on.
Had a small birthday party for granddaughter yesterday evening. Smaller get together then usual to protect all those that are vulnerable in the family.
Happy birthday to your grand daughter!!! It sounds like it was a great party, even if you were missing some of your favourite people. That cake looked delicious!!!!!
New sewing machine is set up and running smoothly. It’s a Brother sewing machine. It is quieter and sews much better then the Singer I had.
I hope you love your new machine. When I first started quilting, I had a smaller Kenmore machine that just wasn't cutting it. I was lucky enough to find on a local buy and sell page an Elna machine. I paid 130.00 for it, and it works like a dream!!!!! I love it! It's not fancy by any means, but I have whipped up at least a dozen quilts now with it. And I am starting to learn to do free motion quilting where I drop the feed dogs. It will take some practice, but I'm sure that I will not have any trouble finding homes for the practice quilts.
Quick pics from my phone. Sorry, the lighting is off with the glare from the windows. I normally have them in my curio but there's a mirror and top light in there and they wouldn't photograph for anything! So I moved everything quickly to my dining room sideboard. They are Halloween decorations but I keep these out year round. I'll have to take pics when I decorate everything because it looks so much better when everything is together.
Hubby has Voldemort's wand on Slytherin stand and mine is the Elder wand on Ravenclaw stand. I told you all we're nerds.
Those are amazing!!!! Love all of it!
And today Virgin did indeed cancel September into October flights for this year. We just got in early......but we felt so much better knowing we had made our decision. We are the type of folks that don`t let things like that get us down.....always onwards to the next trip.......or the next one after that......:rotfl:We have a few planned!!!
Your lunch sounded like it was a fabulous time, and a much needed little outing!
I'm sorry about your trip :sad2: I can imagine your disappointment over cancelling. But there will come a time when it's safer for us to travel again. I'm hoping that 2021 we will be able to travel again.
Happy wednesday all :). Quite the busy week, phew. Started off badly with an RX i’ve Taken multiple times causing a reaction, quickly resolved though. Now playing catchup on pre surgical meds, seems to be one of the few times i lose my appetite
Ugh. That does not sound fun...at all. I hope you start to feel better soon.

Yeah Keisha, no Thanksgiving parade or Mummers parade either. No in person watching sports teams either, until end of February 2021. All the local colleges and Universities have cancelled all Fall term sports. I guess that end of February depends on if that’s all, or gets even more pushed out after the New Year. City School has said to be 2 days in person, rest online, this Fall, and if you don’t want to send your kids, can be all online. I can imagine it’s a do if you do, do if you don’t, for City families with kids in school. Tough. Little one now says one of her classes says changed to all in person. So depending on how many days that class meets, we may just buy her one day train tickets, rather than a pass. Have to do the math. And how much it costs to live down there has given her an aha, now says money better in the bank than spent on 10 months rent. Home is cheap. We don’t charge her rent. At least while a college kid. She figured if she saved over the next 3 years, what she would have spent on rent, she could even have more than enough for a downpayment on a house. Hey, I finally think I have a smart kid. LoL
It is amazing when they finally catch onto the money saving. The older ds is banking most of his pay right now. We are charging " rent " that he will get back when he decides if he wants to go to university/college or for when he moves out and wants to buy a house. For now, working towards a trade seems to work for him for now. And with the virus, quarantine and keeping his social circle very small, he has not spent much money.
I let her use about 3500 square feet of warehouse space to create a Grinchmas Wonderland and it was really cool!!!
That sounds amazing!!!!! I would love to do something like that one day, but I'm too frugal to spend the money on what it would take.

Weird weather here lately. I was hoping to hit the trails and do a little walking...but it's been cool and very windy. My ears don't like cool wind at all. I suffer from earaches for days if I'm out in the wind for too long. Maybe tomorrow.

Not much new to report here. Hopefully heading to the lake again for fishing. If not, I'll be sitting at my sewing machine and starting a quilt for our niece, as her graduation gift. Our local quilting shop finally opened again. So I'll go check out what I can find there. I could have ordered material online...but I prefer to support this local shop. They are so great and even if you find a line you like, they will order it in for you.

Well, I think i'm going to curl up with the remote and try to finish my book tonight.

Have a great evening everyone!!!!

Happy wednesday all :). Quite the busy week, phew. Started off badly with an RX i’ve Taken multiple times causing a reaction, quickly resolved though. Now playing catchup on pre surgical meds, seems to be one of the few times i lose my appetite.

Carole - sorry to hear the trip was cancelled, it sure won’t be the same with out you!

Wow, that’s a lot :).

So funny, hope you had sun hats. We don’thave them here. Youngest DS always wanted to do a road trip to find geodes and do the emerald mines ? In some southern state I’ve forgotten lol

I tend to buy my own BD, Xmas presents from the Mr. he gets a suprise when he opens the packing box :), wraps it and adds something in the card and we call it a day. He is always so thankful, hates to shop.

I feel the same. Nice ornament

Indeed. Don’t you have a full universal themed tree

I’m a realtor. Contract is binding unless buyer requests a home inspection...then can walk away if seller won’t pay for repairs/violations.

I’ve only had a few buys default, more older sellers who decide they are just not ready to move out. Have never seen lawsuit filed for performance

Depends on appraisals & type of loan the buyers use as to length. Have seen cash deals close in three weeks, others with government funded mortgages drag on & on, usually due to a clerical error

Indeed. I just heard they only had four bathrooms.

Also heard that Phillie cancelled all public events until 2021 something or other eek

That’s rough stuff indeed. Glad to hear you all had such a nice time!

So bad they didn’t make the official. Plant & Phil Collins pointing fingers at each other as I understand it there.

Absolutely

Yep, that was shocking

Sounds like a lovely Irish blessing, thank you!

Don’t look at the clock, it will cease to move lol

Sounds like a perfect party! That cake belongs on cover of a magazine. I’d like to think my baked goods taste far better than they look lol

Glad you`re getting over the reaction to the meds! Never fun.....hope the pre med stuff is kinder!

Your cooking and baking are exceptional......I still use the cornbread recipe you gave me yonks ago......everyone loves it!

Phil Collins still to this day bangs on about the spat with them....yep, they each blamed each other. I know Collins said he always regretted doing the journey over.....it was a mess....lol....and four bathrooms!!!!!! :scared1: We did have to time our bathroom visits as it took forever to get there......we went when U2 were on, I do remember that visit!!

Yep, the purple tree is strangely the one we have filled up with not only purple, silver and white, we put all or most of the Universal ornaments purchased over the years on it too. This is the tree that sits in our sitting room so we see it the most I guess. Not the biggest of our trees, but I think it`s our favourite......

It doesn`t glow purple till night time and the white lights just reflect on the purple ornaments......looks lovely.

I do confuse folks when I say purple tree.......the actual tree is green as I hate any other colour of tree......it`s just purple themed. I have no clue how many purple ornaments are on it.......a lot!!!!

tree1-XL.jpg

tree2-XL.jpg

Yum, burgers on the grill, so delicious. Have to take advantage of this beautiful sunny day, still. As tomorrow, the heat and humidity arrive with chances of that unlucky rain and thunderstorms for many in the area. Friday, even more chances to be unlucky, as humidity has been said will be oppressive. Ewww. With that sweat drenching humidity, you will be glad it rains. And Sunday predicted to have a heat index of 100F, with a full day of sun. May be another pool day Sunday. Where, the pool may be almost as warm. Quite lovely.

Time to chill. A perfect night in my book, sky viewing time, if those pesky clouds don’t arrive until late in the evening.

Having a kid that is very money wise is priceless. Kyle had a head for money and savings from a very young age......we could have guessed he`d go into finance really. It is a gift if they can manage and operate financially as early as possible.

Soounds like you have some hot weather coming up Lynne.......enjoy that pool time!!!

Today ended up being very weird. I finally got the printer to work after shutting down both the printer and computer twice. Then I got a call from an insurance company about a claim check we sent back. We have no record that the member was seen on that particular day. She was not in the calendar, the transaction was not in the ledger, and the therapist has no notes for her that day. Somehow, I have no idea how, a paper claim was generated, the therapist signed it, and we sent it to the insurance company. I still have no idea what happened. Later in the day one of the other therapists received an 85 page fax (yes, fax) from a client's physical therapy office. She is trying to help him with a disability claim. She asked for some information and then sent her his entire record.

Dh was supposed to have an eye exam today. It was rescheduled from last week. When he went for his appointment last week he was turned away because his temperature was too high. He had just had 2 vaccinations the day before which caused the temperature increase. When he showed up for his appointment today the office had lost power. Just a weird day all around.

Great ideas. I think a Captain America shield would look great. Either that or a Bat-signal.

Happy birthday to her!

They look great. I can see why you keep them out all year.

That's a bummer, but I guess I am not surprised.

From what I have heard they could have opened when we went to phase 3, but only allowed to have 1000 guests per day. They decided that it wasn't worth it to open for such a small crowd.

Dh wants me to go for a walk with him. Ugh, time to fight off the gnats.

No, I don`t think anyone is surprised Charade.

Does sound a weird day and a half!! We all get days like that sometimes. Hope he gets his eye check up Hope you enjoyed your walk.......I love an evening walk where we live, haven`t done it in a while.......

:wave2: making an evening stop in!

Those little jobs always take a little longer than we planned. It is a good feeling when they are done. I hope it turned out how you like.

I hope you got your walk in. Our weather here has been unseasonably cool and windy. Today was no different. I just don't even want to go outside when the weather is like this.

This was my day too!!! I had all my essential work done by 11:15. I found a couple of things to stretch out...but the day sure dragged on.

Happy birthday to your grand daughter!!! It sounds like it was a great party, even if you were missing some of your favourite people. That cake looked delicious!!!!!

I hope you love your new machine. When I first started quilting, I had a smaller Kenmore machine that just wasn't cutting it. I was lucky enough to find on a local buy and sell page an Elna machine. I paid 130.00 for it, and it works like a dream!!!!! I love it! It's not fancy by any means, but I have whipped up at least a dozen quilts now with it. And I am starting to learn to do free motion quilting where I drop the feed dogs. It will take some practice, but I'm sure that I will not have any trouble finding homes for the practice quilts.

I'm sorry about your trip :sad2: I can imagine your disappointment over cancelling. But there will come a time when it's safer for us to travel again. I'm hoping that 2021 we will be able to travel again.

Ugh. That does not sound fun...at all. I hope you start to feel better soon.

It is amazing when they finally catch onto the money saving. The older ds is banking most of his pay right now. We are charging " rent " that he will get back when he decides if he wants to go to university/college or for when he moves out and wants to buy a house. For now, working towards a trade seems to work for him for now. And with the virus, quarantine and keeping his social circle very small, he has not spent much money.

That sounds amazing!!!!! I would love to do something like that one day, but I'm too frugal to spend the money on what it would take.

Weird weather here lately. I was hoping to hit the trails and do a little walking...but it's been cool and very windy. My ears don't like cool wind at all. I suffer from earaches for days if I'm out in the wind for too long. Maybe tomorrow.

Not much new to report here. Hopefully heading to the lake again for fishing. If not, I'll be sitting at my sewing machine and starting a quilt for our niece, as her graduation gift. Our local quilting shop finally opened again. So I'll go check out what I can find there. I could have ordered material online...but I prefer to support this local shop. They are so great and even if you find a line you like, they will order it in for you.

Well, I think i'm going to curl up with the remote and try to finish my book tonight.

Have a great evening everyone!!!!

Love a good book too!!! Last book our group book read before we had to stop meeting up was The Light Between Oceans by M L Stedman. I loved it and it was one of the most well recieved books we had enjoyed in a while. Usually one of our books gets mixed reviews, always, but everyone loved it. Even the grumpy (ish) one who never enjoys a book unless she has chosen it.....lol......she`s lovely really.

Pumpkin I wear a hat as soon as it starts to get cold here.....I sympathise as yes, ears do suffer if I don`t.

lol....yes, Kyle is thrilled with how much petrol money he isn`t spending these past months.......

We are looking at 2021 too, realistically. It`s one of those things, no point in grumbling over as we can`t change it......my mum is famous for her sayings she always taught us when we were all young and one of the earliest I remember is the Grant me the Serenity verse......yep, it stuck, so maybe that`s why I`ve accepted change so easily......despite not always being happy about it......:rotfl:

Have a good one Pumpkin........

We went out early this morning to do some grocery shopping in a couple of places. I needed some boring household stuff, so our main grocery store now doesn`t have a line to get in, so we went in there and stocked up on cleaning products and dropped off some groceries for the food bank cart that is at the door. We have a lot of groceries we picked up early on "just in case" and some gluten free pasta for some reason......maybe that all we could get back then when pasta was scarce. Then on to our nearest farm store for a few bits and pieces for the weekend. We`re having their lamb shanks on Sunday.....so bought a load of herbs and veg to go in the slow cooker with the lamb.....red wine well, we have plenty of that to choose from.

Sun is shining so we`ll grill out today.......it`s warm.....not macraven area warm :sunny: but for us, we`ll be happy with what we get.......long as we can sit out, we`ll be happy. Us Brits are very easy pleased with weather.......::yes:: May even need sun screen today.

Spicy pork kebabs with salad and potato salad for lunch.....dinner will just be a mix of meats.....cous cous and the usual accompaniments.....

cv2119-M.jpg

cv2115-L.jpg

cv2104-L.jpg

Happy Thursday......:beach:

Good Morning, Schumi. Sounds like a perfect morning was had doing some shopping. While I saw the sunrise, you can tell, the clouds are starting to make seeing sunshine harder and harder. But, rain should hold off until tomorrow. Humidity is higher this morning, and with all the clouds, a less warmer day. Mid 80’s. I’d say that is just perfect, but with sunglasses not needed as much, eh.

DisneyLife, quite the party guy. I do decorate, and yes, the two holidays I have the most stuff for are Halloween and Christmas. Heck, the stores now have a Halloween section, with decor and costumes already. Time to stock up. LoL

And of course Schumi has a purple themed tree. Very pretty.

Tea, on this Thirsty Thursday. Drink up, it is good for you. That’s right, choice of drink, be thirsty. ::yes::

So,
C46ADD07-90DE-4D85-9F56-DA75199ED290.jpeg

And have that totally happy Thursday, with a drink in your hand. Yeah,

552F895D-0B8B-464F-A839-2B5E25F295A9.jpeg

Weather sounds lovely Lynne. Mid 80`s is one of our favourite temps.

We don`t decorate for Halloween. It`s not anywhere close as big a holiday as it is in America....I have two spooky candle holders......that`s our Halloween decor for that time of year inside.......and a carved pumpkin outside on the porch.....

We do have one woman in our village that has the loads of decoarative headstones in her garden and ghosts and monsters strewn around, she does a fabulous job and folks come from other places to look and see what she has done. Her lighting is very clever too......

Enjoy that tea!!!

Tom is starting to get the grill warmed up......bit early for me, but will start making accompaniments.....

It is beautiful outside....blue skies and no cloud!!!

PayPal woke me at 3:45 am with a text that ‘somebody’ had sent me money. Nice to be repaid but geeez wait till business hours at least. Have been up ever since. Laundry done at least
He had just had 2 vaccinations the day before which caused the temperature increase. When he showed up for his appointment today the office had lost power. Just a weird day all around.
I guess better safe than sorry, needs of the many Star Trek thing🥴 to reschedule, but a pain to exactly what I heard.
Going to guess they scrapped the season did read Collins all Williamsburg modified open
[

We are charging " rent " that he will get back when he decides if he wants to go to university/college or for when he moves out and wants to buy a house. For now, working towards a trade seems to work for him for now. And with the virus, quarantine and keeping his social circle very small, he has not spent much money.
My parents had me bank half of all my earnings under their roof = down payment on first house. Did the same with my kids All but one complied, to his dads house he went. He still mentions he made the wrong call there. Live & learn
do confuse folks when I say purple tree.......the actual tree is green as I hate any other colour of tree......it`s just purple themed. I have no clue how many purple ornaments are on it.......a lot!!!!
Purple tree, purple tree hey, gotta work in a prince reference when I can

my parents had a silver, then a white one. My DiL has a black one that initially sounded horrid but looks surprisingly chic

Good Morning, Schumi. Sounds like a perfect morning was had doing some shopping. While I saw the sunrise, you can tell, the clouds are starting to make seeing sunshine harder and harder. But, rain should hold off until tomorrow. Humidity is higher this morning, and with all the clouds, a less warmer day. Mid 80’s. I’d say that is just perfect, but with sunglasses not needed as much, eh.

DisneyLife, quite the party guy. I do decorate, and yes, the two holidays I have the most stuff for are Halloween and Christmas. Heck, the stores now have a Halloween section, with decor and costumes already. Time to stock up. LoL

And of course Schumi has a purple themed tree. Very pretty.

Tea, on this Thirsty Thursday. Drink up, it is good for you. That’s right, choice of drink, be thirsty. ::yes::

So,
View attachment 510779

And have that totally happy Thursday, with a drink in your hand. Yeah,

View attachment 510778

Haha, I give all the credit to my wife as she does do nearly all of it.

@schumigirl so sorry about your trip. When is your next one due? Causing further anxiety for my lovely daughter in law who kept her job in the Virgin Atlantic redundancies but further delays could mean more redundancies - she is furloughed until October. We were planning October 2021with family but holding fire now. Difficult for Jacob as it was pencilled in after our last trip. I’m thinking Easter 2022 but who knows. Think it might be Europe next year with them though son and daughter in law asking if we fancy Barbados in November. We’ll see.

@keishashadow sounds like your home sales can be lengthy too. Delays here are often with searches and land registry documentation. Yes mortgages too. I’m not in any rush - I love to go to the house - put my parents favourite music on - and potter about. Every time I go I bring something else away. Yesterday was cutlery. My mum came from Yorkshire and had family in Sheffield where good cutlery was made. I’ve got a full boxed set already but brought fish knives and forks, cheese knife and 6 little knives and serving pieces.

Louie went off into the vets (with our favourite Jon) without hesitation thinking he was heading for fun! Came out sometime later looking like “what the heck”!

I’ve prepped Cottage Pie for tonight then I’ve got rest of the afternoon to get on with my sewing.
Still grey and cool here - getting monotonous now.

Good morning all,
Cloudy and cooler here today. I'm on my second cup of coffee and trying to gear up for the day. Need my caffeine!

My dad always stopped at a roadside stand in NJ on our way down the shore. He enjoyed fresh picked Jersey tomatoes.
Jersey tomatoes are really good, I can see why he stopped. What is it about Jersey?
More lamb for us for dinner tonight - slow cooked and curried - just pulled it all of the bone so an easy meal
Sounds delicious!
Love that movie!!!!! Our kids have grown up watching a few of those cult culture 80's movies, Ferris Bueller, The Breakfast Club, Ridgemont High, Sixteen Candles and a few others. I have to giggle, as our oldest son looks like Anthony Micheal Hall as a teenager.
The actor who played Jake Ryan, Molly Ringwald's love interest in 16 candles, supposedly lives in PA and makes furniture. I have always been tempted to find his store just to see what he looks like now. LOL! Can you imagine how many women who actually did that? I can't be the only one who thought of it......
Thanks to Schoolhouse Rock I can still sing the preamble to our constitution.
And now that's in my head for the day..... :rotfl:
Had a small birthday party for granddaughter yesterday evening. Smaller get together then usual to protect all those that are vulnerable in the family.
Happy birthday to your granddaughter!
She wanted pineapple upside down cake for her cake.
That looks soooooo good!
Great decor McK. Thanks for the pictures.
Thanks!
Great job on your potion bottles and Halloween display. Thank you for sharing the pictures. Worthy of a display in Borgin and Burke’s.
Thanks! That's the vibe I like for Halloween; Borgin and Burkes. I made this book recently, to add to my display. I have more ideas but haven’t gotten to them yet.

mrose.....they are so cool!!! Yes, I wouldn`t put them away either.......
Thanks. I keep other things out year round too, like a Nativity set my mom bought me.
Anyone who reads my trip report will know that way back last week we decided to cancel our September trip
Aww, I'm sorry!
Started off badly with an RX i’ve Taken multiple times causing a reaction, quickly resolved though.
Oh no! I hope you're doing better now.
Wow, that’s a lot
LOL, yes it is. No one else in my family goes all out like that and they think I'm crazy.
Yeah Keisha, no Thanksgiving parade or Mummers parade either. No in person watching sports teams either, until end of February 2021. All the local colleges and Universities have cancelled all Fall term sports.
Did you see the list of new restrictions? 25% capacity in restaurants, no indoor gatherings of more than 25 people, no outdoor gatherings for more than 250. Yikes! Our county had 11 new cases yesterday but definitely not the numbers we had in April.
@keishashadow , the Pens play on August 1! I don't know what time yet and I haven't even looked on the NHL network yet for updates. Flyers play August 2 against the Bruins, who I also like. DD's boyfriend is a Flyers fan so I'm sure he'll be here and we'll trash talk each other. Are your boys going to watch?
You and my wife would have a blast with Halloween decor!!!

Very cool and creative.
Thank you, and yes I think we would get along well!
My wife is a Michaels regular.......we have one very close to us
LOL! I am also a Michael's regular!

We actually had both company and family parties there, it was awesome, I’ll admit I was a little annoyed with the money spent and stuff all over but when it was done.....WOW!
That sounds amazing!
I hope you love your new machine. When I first started quilting, I had a smaller Kenmore machine that just wasn't cutting it.
I need to get a new machine at some point. My machine and I argue pretty frequently, as it's older. I haven't pulled it out in weeks.
Thank you!
I do confuse folks when I say purple tree.......the actual tree is green as I hate any other colour of tree......it`s just purple themed. I have no clue how many purple ornaments are on it.......a lot!!!!
Very pretty purple tree!
I have a lot of different colored ornaments from my aunt after she passed away. She decorated her tree a different color each year based on whatever family events were happening. When her grandsons were born, the tree was all blue, when a girl was born it was all pink. For her 40th wedding anniversary she did ruby (the color/gift for that year) and her 50th was gold. I did one of my trees silver for our 25th, but mostly I don't follow a yearly theme.
Heck, the stores now have a Halloween section, with decor and costumes already. Time to stock up. LoL
In our Michael's they have some Christmas wreath picks out! I just about fell over when I saw that! I think they are leftovers from last year.
My DiL has a black one that initially sounded horrid but looks surprisingly chic
LOL! I have a black tree and LOVE it. One of my DD's also has a black tree. This is my black one with mixed metallic ornaments.

**Edit: the pics from my phone come out really dark... sorry about that!

Ack, Keisha. I get a noise from my phone after I get sound asleep, sometimes. I always figure if it was important, it would continue being noisy. Then I go back to sleep. Yeah, every time was a news alert. As if I cared about what they had to push. Hah, you were up earlier than me. 4:30, was my wake up time, thank you.

McK, yeah, was all over the news, and talk about being yellow again. But now City saying they are working with the Eagles, as maybe they will allow some fans. For season Passholders, wonder if they will have a lottery or other to watch in person. Ugh on further restrictions. Though I have yet to eat inside a restaurant nor go to a bar. I’ll be annoyed if salons close, as hair refreshing is middle of August. And my eye doctor is still MIA.

Well, now bright out, so those clouds are not quite doing their blocking job.

As, good thing I took Friday off. Wet one, it will be. And sweltering weekend is in store, says the weather guy. Ah, summer is here.

You guys are a bad influence bringing up Christmas! Just been online and bought a new box of Disney themed decorations - seeing as there will be no new ones via my son and DIL who had two trips due and cancelled. Will have to hide that parcel for a while. Unfortunately Disney shop UK sell Paris products which we don’t want.
Jacob loves superheroes and I’m thinking his bedroom tree could go from blue to heroes if I get organised!

Very quiet and slow day at work today. I ended up having to find things to do.

Sounds awesome. I would have loved to have seen that.

Yep, the purple tree is strangely the one we have filled up with not only purple, silver and white, we put all or most of the Universal ornaments purchased over the years on it too. This is the tree that sits in our sitting room so we see it the most I guess. Not the biggest of our trees, but I think it`s our favourite......

It doesn`t glow purple till night time and the white lights just reflect on the purple ornaments......looks lovely.

The purple tree is gorgeous. B would really love it. Purple is her favorite color.

PayPal woke me at 3:45 am with a text that ‘somebody’ had sent me money. Nice to be repaid but geeez wait till business hours at least. Have been up ever since. Laundry done at least
Ugh, I hate that. Hope the amount of money was worth getting woken up for.

And now that's in my head for the day..... :rotfl:
You're welcome. 🤪

but mostly I don't follow a yearly theme.
I have never done a themed tree before. This year's superhero tree will be my first. My brother does an all dog tree.

You guys are a bad influence bringing up Christmas! Just been online and bought a new box of Disney themed decorations -
Always a good time to buy Disney decorations. I could probably do a Disney themed tree.

I have 3 main ways I add to our ornament collection.
1. Hallmark Keepsake ornaments.
2. I buy at least one ornament from places we travel to.
3. This idea has actually been retired. For the first 18 years of B's life I purchased 2 identical ornaments. One went on our tree and the other was boxed up for her. These will start her collection when she moves out on her own. I tried to theme them with something that she had been interested in during that year. When she was 3 she loved Elmo, so she got an Elmo ornament, In 6th grade she started playing the clarinet, so she got a clarinet ornament. You get the idea.

Well, since 2020 doesn't seem to want us to travel, we are going to see what 2021 offers. I just booked a Disney trip for March. We have already started picking out magic bands.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter