Something About Nothing............ #14

Everyone has gone to bed except for me. I am wide awake. The only productive thing I did today was to glue the puzzle that I am saving.
B had a long day of theater rehearsals today. We were expecting her to be finished at 8:00 tonight, but she texted at 5:30 and said that they were done. We decided to have dinner at Cracker Barrel. They were really enforcing mask wearing tonight. There was a large party that came without masks, so the restaurant gave them disposables. I heard one woman say, "What are we supposed to do with these? I can't eat with a mask on." Had to really resist the urge to be snarky.

Ever really want to like to eat something? For me it’s hummus, everyone else seems to love it.
For me it's guacamole. I like hummus, especially garlic hummus.

And no rain to see at all today.
It came my way. We heard some loud claps of thunder this afternoon, so I was expecting a downpour. Instead we just got some brief showers.

Almost 11:00. I guess I will see if there is anything worth watching on TV.

Few prom pics with Paige and her best friend. Bittersweet because many of her friends aren't going like they normally would have. But one last good time with her best friend since 6th grade? yes please!

Attachments

• IMG_3615.JPG
    IMG_3615.JPG
    156.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3627.JPG
    IMG_3627.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3625.JPG
    IMG_3625.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3622.JPG
    IMG_3622.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 19
@Monykalyn those dresses are beautiful! Such a shame so many have missed out. Grandson J moving from Junior to High School should have had a residential holiday, play and ceremony but nothing. I think school could have handled it better but for J with additional needs it was actually more acceptable. Low key, no fuss.

Postal services here are amazing. I may be biased as my son works for Royal Mail. He’s worked like Christmas since lockdown and says no easing yet of the quantity. He think he had the virus in February - we didn’t know it’s name then here but first time he’s been off unwell in 15 years. His wife was getting really worried about him and thankfully insisted he return to the doctor. A colleague at his office went off ill the same day. Never returned - ended up in HDU for four weeks before he passed away. They said pneumonia but was never tested for Covid.
Amazon and DPD are our other main delivery services and all being great.

Grey and rain this morning but warm when I took Louie out first thing. Everyone else still asleep. Keep seeing pictures of Devon (where we had our second home) and weather is beautiful. Look forward to returning when we can.

Happy Saturday everyone.

Lynne......yes, our postal service is pretty good here. Most of our deliveries don`t come from postal service though, seems to be all UPS or similar now. They seem to offer a cheaper service than Royal Mail I imagine from the amount we get parcels from them. Folks are sending less and less Christmas cards for example due the silly cost of stamps......

Yes, we stick to our favourite Chinese place too. Occasionally tried others, but haven`t found one reasonably local to beat our usual place.

RFF......nice pictures! Always nice to get out and about......and good old fish and chips.....can`t go wrong with that!!!

Keisha.....You made your own pickles?? CONGRATULATIONS......you are now officially a Deli........:rotfl:

I hear you on getting excited over simple things!!! I bought new covers for some cushions in our bedroom 2 weeks ago.......yes, high level excitement indeed!!! Glad you`re happy with the sink!! Oh gosh yes, some Christmas traditions never change......Kyle still gets 3 particular things every year....he doesn`t need them, but.....it`s a tradition!!!! I mentioned changing it one year......I got the offended look......lol.....guess not!!! Yep, love the whole Christmas experience........

Did I tell you I got a txt weeks ago from one of my friends asking if our yearly Boxing Day party was going ahead.......lol......yeah, will get back to you on that one!!!! I now regret not doing it last year.

Hummus is another one of the devils dishes!!!! Tried to like it, but no, not for me. Tried deli bought stuff and friends home made......nope.

That does sound a lovely way to pass time as little one swims!!

Think we are region 2 discs. Ordered them from a site that doesn`t charge a fortune for discs, so didn`t work out expensive......can`t quite picture the site you refer to, but good you get some good deals from them.

Monyk....beautiful pictures!!!! And nice she could spend some time with a good friend. The kids this year have lost a lot of experiences, so nice to see they had prom. Have a lovely weekend!!!

Popped over to my one of our friends houses last night......one of our Godchildren turned 21, so we had a quick visit down there.

First candle free birthday cake I`ve seen in real life. It was nice, but very different from the party they were planning. But, was lovely to see Frederick and the other kids, who are our Godchildren too. Didn`t stay long as they had a kind of rolling set of guests all evening to keep within the limits.

Today it`s a little sunny, but cloud to roll in later. No sitting out today for us.

Not sure of any plans for us, never usually do much on a Saturday even before Covid, so doubt we`ll wander far.

Wondered where mac was for the bacon this morning.......lush!!!!

Pizza take out tonight for us.......always look forward to that!

cv2101-L.jpg

cv2131-S.jpg

Up for a few hours doing chores before temps solar to high 90’s today bleech. Will hover between that scorching temp & a ‘low’ of 85 for the next week. Beats sleet & snow :) but beating myself for not buying a house with central AC. Who knew we’d ever have more than a few 90+ days a year in my neck of the woods?

Monyk - lovely pics! Nice to see people safely keep on keeping on the best they can in these trying circumstances.

There was a large party that came without masks, so the restaurant gave them disposables. I heard one woman say, "What are we supposed to do with these? I can't eat with a mask on." Had to really resist the urge to be snarky.
As in if they didn’t have them they wouldn’t have to use them ploy.

Spare me SMH. Meanwhile, they will surely factor in the cost of masks for that sort of dolts into their operating costs & pass them on to all customers
For me it's guacamole. I like hummus, especially garlic hummus.
Yes, anything with avocado is beyond me. . Swear it tastes like air:confused3 perhaps the point to tone down the heat level of dishes. IMO that’s why we have white rice lol
Amazon and DPD are our other main delivery services and all being great.
DPD is that a private delivery service?
Keisha.....You made your own pickles?? CONGRATULATIONS......you are now officially a Deli........:rotfl:
Haha oh it’s not uncommon here to put stuff up here. I’m lazy about it if truth be told. Misplaced most of my mason jars in last move decades ago (figured somebody dropped them and didn’t fess up lol). Never got around to replacing them. Only do small batches now, if at all. Normally not difficult to find specialty items we enjoy, but it’s getting a bit more challenging. May have to get back into it.
Did I tell you I got a txt weeks ago from one of my friends asking if our yearly Boxing Day party was going ahead.......lol......yeah, will get back to you on that one!!!! I now regret not doing it last year.

Hummus is another one of the devils dishes!!!! Tried to like it, but no, not for me. Tried deli bought stuff and friends home made......nope.

That does sound a lovely way to pass time as little one swims!!

Think we are region 2 discs. Ordered them from a site that doesn`t charge a fortune for discs, so didn`t work out expensive......can`t quite picture the site you refer to, but good you get some good deals from them.

Have decided i’m Watching entirely too much Nickelodeon. Pretty sure the one pic features Patrick starfish’s hands/points lol?

Ha a little early to send out save the date cards for that even.

I’m thinking hummus may have some of those exotic spices that put me off?

I checked, had my sites mixed up duh. Have ordered the Xmas deals from amazon UK via snail shipping. the ‘shark’ website is a US one, deep discount. Everyday prices are so so but they tend to have some sporadic great offers on the movie collections.

Love hummus - particularly red pepper hummus! Good job we are all different.

Just discovered the little ones love chicken legs! I usually cook a tray of thighs and shred and freeze for Louie. Unavailable on the delivery this week replaced with legs. As soon as they were out of the oven they were tucking in. I always give them the breast off the roast chicken!
Roast ham, twice baked potatoes and salad tonight.

I’m going through a case of items from my parents second loft. Mostly things of Mum’s that refer to her parents. My grandfather was quite a character and they were very close. Found an article published in a railway magazine that filled in some gaps for me about his First World War Service. More history on his railway career (he drove The Flying Scotsman & once The Royal Train amongst others) and his political career. Lots of newspaper articles on his premature death while giving a talk in Leeds and four war medals that I’m going to research. Still lots to read.

Plan was for gardening today but damp and cool so keeping busy inside.

DH and DD glued to F1 qualifying.

Yeah, I do pickles and pickled tomatoes too. Not that hard, and nice to enjoy later. Yeah, I bought new mason jars, Keisha, as apparently, some were taken by little one to use for what? So, they are not that expensive, thus told her to keep. Oh I hear my home Ac starting. While we don’t always see 90 degree days, our summers are that HHH (Hazy, Hot, and Humid) combo, so AC needed. My siblings and I put AC in our parents house a few years after we all moved out. When we went over in summer, we just could not leave mom in that too warm house. She was sleeping in the coolest part of the house, which was not her bedroom. Was a Christmas gift for her that year. Growing up, that fan was not the coolest way.

And yes, we had that so bright sunrise, excellently sunny out. And ooh, yes very warm today. Already 80 out.

Sweet, Real knowing more about the family. When going through my mum’s stuff, was nice to see things and news articles saved from long ago.

And so, that weekend routine. Quiet house, remote and tea cup in hand, and the AC blowing cool air my way. Hope your Saturday is as lazy as mine will be. And yes, the wash is hanging outside, as two loads done. Hoping to get the dry clothes in, by noon.

Beautiful dresses and such cute kids, MonyK. Nice they could celebrate, as no formal prom in our area either. Sad for those kids, as little one got to experience her prom with a large group of them. Our pro sports are begging the City to allow fans to come. Um, it will not be us. I can understand the need for making money, but risks and being healthy are so important now. We are just not ready to be in crowds, eat inside a restaurant, or drink in a store, as we saw last night, many not wearing masks. Head-shake.

So, more importantly, drink up! It’s going to be a hot one! ::yes:: 8-) :drinking1:music:

Happy Saturday. Another lazy day for us.

Few prom pics with Paige and her best friend.
I love her dress.

I hope you are able to have your party this year. DH is taking about doing some sort of drop in event. I have never been comfortable hosting parties.

Up for a few hours doing chores before temps solar to high 90’s today bleech. Will hover between that scorching temp & a ‘low’ of 85 for the next week. Beats sleet & snow :) but beating myself for not buying a house with central AC. Who knew we’d ever have more than a few 90+ days a year in my neck of the woods?
I can't imagine not having Central AC, but I have lived in the south almost all of my life. When I moved to Miami my father tried to convince me that I wouldn't have heat in my apartment. Once in awhile it did get cold enough to turn the heater on.

Just discovered the little ones love chicken legs! I usually cook a tray of thighs and shred and freeze for Louie. Unavailable on the delivery this week replaced with legs. As soon as they were out of the oven they were tucking in. I always give them the breast off the roast chicken!
Over here chicken legs are commonly associated with kid's meals, but even as a child I never cared for them. I always preferred the breast meat. Now I'm craving some good fried chicken.

I purchased my first Christmas present last night. I bought these ears for B to wear when we go to DIsney.

I'm also considering getting this shirt for myself.

Over here chicken legs are commonly associated with kid's meals, but even as a child I never cared for them. I always preferred the breast meat. Now I'm craving some good fried chicken.
Ate mostly dark chicken meat growing up. My parents insisted it tasted better but pretty sure they were stretching the budget lol

my home is older with hot water/gas fired heat. I just couldnt bear the idea of having ugly, protruding air returns/vent put in on the outside of my hard coat plaster walls. Didn’t want them to chance cracking same crown moldings either. It’s a trade off that only bites when it hits extreme heat

had to lol DH lasted a half hour in pool, said sun too blazing hot. DS at a charity golf tournie yuck. I’m hopiMy hair salon has AC blasting tonight at 5 pm!

Charade, thanks....yes, we love hosting that party every year, and several others throughout the year, we always have around 30-40 people so it would be over the allowed amount of people together if the rules still apply then. But, I understand not everyone feels as comfortable as the hostess.....drop in events are fun too!!!

Nice tees and love the ears for your daughter......she`ll be pleased with those.

Keisha.......Tom has always said the leg is far juicier than the breast. Growing up his grandma and mother always used to give the kids the darker meat as it wasn`t supposed to be as good.......they all loved it!!!! Back in the day when I`m sure they`d cook turkeys at christmas and chickens all year round into oblivion....I`m sure the white meat would be dry.

Even now he still opts for the legs and thighs.

Enjoy that salon time later......and wow too hot for the pool is indeed hot!!!! We had some rain this afternoon.....now as it nears 9pm.....sun is splitting the trees!!!

I wondered why I couldn`t place that site.....I like Amazon and their delivery time is swift usually. yes, DPD is a private delivery outfit.....there are a good few operating in the UK......all good, never had a complaint about any of them.

Nothing very spicy in hummus......just bleurgh......pile of gloop!!! But, over the last few years I developed a taste for avocados....love guac but I also love eating avocados as they are.....on toast, with shrimp or parma ham.......but a few years back, I wouldn`t even have one in the house. My tastes definitely changed......

My hands and the whole house has the aroma of garlic and rosemary right now.

I`m marinading lamb shanks overnight in preparation of slow cooking from around 8am tomorrow morning......bottle of red wine and few other ingredients too like some cranberry sauce, chives and black pepper crushed. Smells delicious already. The meat will just fall off the bone when cooked and melt......lush. Hope it`s a bit cooler tomorrow as we have it with creamy mashed potatoes as it`s a bit of a winter warmer dish.....but we just felt like it......

Quiet night for us again.....watching some tv and chatting. :wave2:

Charade, thanks....yes, we love hosting that party every year, and several others throughout the year, we always have around 30-40 people so it would be over the allowed amount of people together if the rules still apply then. But, I understand not everyone feels as comfortable as the hostess.....drop in events are fun too!!!

Nice tees and love the ears for your daughter......she`ll be pleased with those.

Keisha.......Tom has always said the leg is far juicier than the breast. Growing up his grandma and mother always used to give the kids the darker meat as it wasn`t supposed to be as good.......they all loved it!!!! Back in the day when I`m sure they`d cook turkeys at christmas and chickens all year round into oblivion....I`m sure the white meat would be dry.

Even now he still opts for the legs and thighs.

Enjoy that salon time later......and wow too hot for the pool is indeed hot!!!! We had some rain this afternoon.....now as it nears 9pm.....sun is splitting the trees!!!

I wondered why I couldn`t place that site.....I like Amazon and their delivery time is swift usually. yes, DPD is a private delivery outfit.....there are a good few operating in the UK......all good, never had a complaint about any of them.

Nothing very spicy in hummus......just bleurgh......pile of gloop!!! But, over the last few years I developed a taste for avocados....love guac but I also love eating avocados as they are.....on toast, with shrimp or parma ham.......but a few years back, I wouldn`t even have one in the house. My tastes definitely changed......

My hands and the whole house has the aroma of garlic and rosemary right now.

I`m marinading lamb shanks overnight in preparation of slow cooking from around 8am tomorrow morning......bottle of red wine and few other ingredients too like some cranberry sauce, chives and black pepper crushed. Smells delicious already. The meat will just fall off the bone when cooked and melt......lush. Hope it`s a bit cooler tomorrow as we have it with creamy mashed potatoes as it`s a bit of a winter warmer dish.....but we just felt like it......

Quiet night for us again.....watching some tv and chatting. :wave2:

That lamb does sound delicious, I can almost smell it from here!

Happy Saturday. Another lazy day for us.

I love her dress.

I hope you are able to have your party this year. DH is taking about doing some sort of drop in event. I have never been comfortable hosting parties.

I can't imagine not having Central AC, but I have lived in the south almost all of my life. When I moved to Miami my father tried to convince me that I wouldn't have heat in my apartment. Once in awhile it did get cold enough to turn the heater on.

I purchased my first Christmas present last night. I bought these ears for B to wear when we go to DIsney.
View attachment 511410

I'm also considering getting this shirt for myself.
View attachment 511411

Those ears are really cool!

My wife has a fairly good sized collection of ears also, she does buy quite a bit from a shop called “we got ears” I believe, some pretty cool stuff she hasn’t got any in a few months now but I do have a pic of some she got from Disney a little while ago, I guess they were only so many available, I’m not sure.

1A8964C4-10C0-4897-8271-B48075EB9D4D.jpeg

Eh, not a fan of hummus or lamb, I have to say. Not dark meat chicken or turkey, either. Will never buy one of those turkey legs. Yuck.

Cute Disney stuff, Charade. I have friend made Christmas ears. And bought at Disney by little one, and I wear now, maleficent ones.

Ooh, all that talk of chicken, thinking making that for dinner.

Wash dried fast, trash out, and our township had a shredding paper event, where you could drop off papers that needed to be shredded. We looked through all our drawers in desks and front door cabinet, and ended up with a bag and box full of papers that needed to be shredded. Was a quick drive up, they take out of car for you, and off ya go. Felt good to get all that not needed paper out of the house, and not have to shred it ourselves.

Still oh so hot out. And phone has been warning me all day, extreme heat tomorrow and Monday. Ah, the joys of Summer. I am not complaining though, I love the heat.

Those ears are really cool!

My wife has a fairly good sized collection of ears also, she does buy quite a bit from a shop called “we got ears” I believe, some pretty cool stuff she hasn’t got any in a few months now but I do have a pic of some she got from Disney a little while ago, I guess they were only so many available, I’m not sure.

View attachment 511496
Those are indeed collectible, as in put them safely away type. I don’t typically wear them any longer to the parks but still pick up a choice few in the themes I enjoy.

Carole hmm that does sound good. Even tho I don’t like lamb. Grilled steaks, corn on cob & made Spicey chili green beans out of garden for early dinner.

Tomorrow making adobo chicken, it needs a quicker marinade then cooks in it. An interesting Filipino dish I’m still searching for the perfect version Tasted it first on a cruise years ago. Told it’s common comfort food there, was so good not sure I’ll ever replicate it but keep trying

really hope this new stylist decides upon what salon she will be hopping to after my current one closes next month. Full head & a good half foot cut in less than 2 hours woot! Usually more like 3 to 3-1/2.

Attachments

• 22798685-5981-47FB-A7E0-F037E3135289.jpeg
    22798685-5981-47FB-A7E0-F037E3135289.jpeg
    78 KB · Views: 13
Those are indeed collectible, as in put them safely away type. I don’t typically wear them any longer to the parks but still pick up a choice few in the themes I enjoy.

Carole hmm that does sound good. Even tho I don’t like lamb. Grilled steaks, corn on cob & made Spicey chili green beans out of garden for early dinner.

Tomorrow making adobo chicken, it needs a quicker marinade then cooks in it. An interesting Filipino dish I’m still searching for the perfect version Tasted it first on a cruise years ago. Told it’s common comfort food there, was so good not sure I’ll ever replicate it but keep trying

really hope this new stylist decides upon what salon she will be hopping to after my current one closes next month. Full head & a good half foot cut in less than 2 hours woot! Usually more like 3 to 3-1/2.

My wife has said for a while she is interested in starting her own line of ears, she says she has so many ears that are really cool but so uncomfortable to wear for very long, she would make comfort a priority in her design.

Must be bad headbands I guess..... :confused3

All this talk of ears reminded me that we did by B some ears on her very first DIsney trip. Unfortunately the picture isn't very good. You can't tell, but the ears light up and blink.

Here is Chip turning her ears on.

Today I discovered that tie dye has become super popular. B has some white masks that she wanted to dye. She wanted pink and purple dye. We first went to Michael's, but all they had was red, blue, brown, and black. Next we went to Hobby Lobby and found 1 pack of pink dye. They were sold out of everything else. I bought the pink dye and then went to Target. They only had black and brown dye left. I then had a "well, duh" moment and realized that I could have bought the blue and red dyes at Michael's and mixed them to make purple. Went back to Michael's, but now the blue dye was sold out. Last stop was JoAnn Fabrics. They were almost completely sold out of dye, but did have some purple left. Yay!!

All this talk of ears reminded me that we did by B some ears on her very first DIsney trip. Unfortunately the picture isn't very good. You can't tell, but the ears light up and blink.
View attachment 511542

Here is Chip turning her ears on.
View attachment 511544

Today I discovered that tie dye has become super popular. B has some white masks that she wanted to dye. She wanted pink and purple dye. We first went to Michael's, but all they had was red, blue, brown, and black. Next we went to Hobby Lobby and found 1 pack of pink dye. They were sold out of everything else. I bought the pink dye and then went to Target. They only had black and brown dye left. I then had a "well, duh" moment and realized that I could have bought the blue and red dyes at Michael's and mixed them to make purple. Went back to Michael's, but now the blue dye was sold out. Last stop was JoAnn Fabrics. They were almost completely sold out of dye, but did have some purple left. Yay!!

Those ears are priceless!!!!!

We still have our boys first sets of ears in our curios!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter