Something About Nothing............ #14

Schumi
Your meme’s are a hoot!
Still laughing !

great way for me to start my morning!

Glad to hear it mac......it`s nice to smile and start the day that way!!!!

Schumi doing her beach walk, with all that sun, I am doing my lunchtime walk. Gotta enjoy the weather when you can.

Yes, Schumi, agree the English part of Live Aid was much better.

Aw, Tink, sorry vacation over and back to work so quick. Stay cool, and hydrated.

My mom was a good cook, though we had no pork in the house, but she did cook bacon, as just used a different pan. I think I cook well, and have taught my kids. My pork chops are never dry, and I tend to season with only salt and pepper. I learned to cook pork when I got married. Good thing is, the men in my home eat most anything I cook. And older one is an adventurous eater. Then there’s little one. The only picky eater in my extended family. So I am good at making plain and seasoned foods for dinner.

Ah, yes, tea for me, too, this morning. Always a good one when that happens.

Terrific Tuesday to all the homies.

Haha,
View attachment 509910

Our state has required masks for some time now. We always wear one when out, but yeah, we see people not complying. And no way will I drink or eat inside the mall or take a drink in. But I see people doing that. Even with a big sign on the coffee shop inside the store that says please enjoy outside the store. Yeah, you saw masks down drinking coffee in that store. We tend to not go to that store as much.

You do well to never have overcooked pork. It`s such an easy thing to do, and easy to ruin by just a few seconds over......I`ve overcooked large pork chops with the bone in several times....and I consider myself a good cook too!! I`m much better at everything else......even if I say so myself!!

I never uses salt on pork strangely.....never find it needs it. But, I do love a nice sauce with pork ar a good bbq seasoning/sauce.....

Enjoy that tea.......

Any Mythbusters fans here? I woke up to the news that Grant Imahara has died. He was only 49. Such sad new. He was my favorite one on the show.

I need to get to work. Hopefully today will be as quiet as yesterday was.

Quite a few celeb deaths this week. Hadn`t watched that show in long time.......

Morning all...

Sunny start to the day, although a little cooler this morning in the high 60's. It will get up into the 80's today.

There's nothing like picking a nice warm tomato off the vine and eating it right there. I loved doing that as a kid. I had to move some of my "normal" planting areas in the garden this year due to the fence installation and removing the apple tree, so I planted the cherry tomatoes near my deck. They've now grown as tall as the top rail of the deck and some of branches and baby tomatoes are just high enough that when I'm sitting on the deck I can just grab a few. At least that's my plan when they ripen. Just sit on the deck and pick tomatoes and pop them into my mouth.

Love it too. I'm a little concerned that this year we will have to go back on lockdown and our holidays may be changed. I was thinking about that yesterday and we've been talking about it as a family since we're thinking we will have a second wave up here in the Fall.

I saw that Disney+ has Schoolhouse Rock videos. Yes, I can still sing them, lol! Did you have something similar?

I have noticed meat prices are going up again here, and some stock is going down. We are having an aluminum can shortage, which is weird. And some pressure treated wood shortages. Can't figure that one out. We need another post for the fence and can't get it, and we had to wait 3 weeks for some of the fence panels. We have almost all of them now, but we will need at least one more.
I am checking our butcher shop for prices this week, and probably a meat bundle.

Really, really beautiful trees! You have an eye for decorating. I love the HP one especially!
I usually put my black tree up early and put some Fall decorations on it. I decorate a lot for Halloween and I was thinking of doing the black tree too, but haven't yet. Last year I made a bunch of HP potion bottles, which I have in my curio right now next to our wands. I don't put those away.

Wow, that was fast. Good news!

LOL, that yeti....
We have to watch for bear. There are a lot of deer, but they usually run away unless it's rut. But the bear can be a pain.

I've heard from three different people in the past week that our county may go back to yellow. Our cases are not high, but fluctuating between 7-18 new cases per day. I think the rule is we have to either be going down or stay the same to stay in green. We do seem to be having a slight spike the past few weeks.
They added 4 more states to our travel quarantine list. So far it's still only "suggested" and "recommended" to quarantine for 14 days when returning from a hot state, but not only has my DH's company required the quarantine, but one of my dd's employer has now also. She's traveling to VA next week and so far VA is not on our list, but there's been rumors they will put them on too. I hope it doesn't happen while she's there and then she has to quarantine for 2 weeks.
I just heard today of a high school senior here who got the virus and passed away two days before graduation. That is so sad. They buried her in her cap and gown. I wish people would take this seriously because you really don't know who will get very sick or not. There are some very unpredictable aspects to this virus.

That is shocking to me. It seems like we've had to wear them here forever. I don't blame you for not going out much. I'm still very cautious.

Yep, the same here. My mom did the same to "kill trichinosis".

I had the same thing happen to me on Friday, except it was a man. And we are required to wear masks and he didn't have one. He walked right in the door and coughed out loud as he was walking. Didn't cover his cough either. Ugh... I was in the check out line so not near him.

We are grilling out later too. Chicken breast, which I have to brine later.

I have not braved a mall yet. And I'm with you... I wouldn't eat or drink in there either.

Oh I can taste those tomatoes right now!!!

Our meat prices are pretty stable as of now......I think!!! I have no idea what grocery store prices are, but butchers seem to be the same.

No, never heard of that.....the most extravagant Disney thing we had when I was a kid was the Wonderful Worold of Disney show.....I never liked that, preferred to watch The Munsters and Addams Family type shows.......guess Disney was never going to be a big love of mine from an early age.

Had ribs for lunch.......mmmmmmmm!!! Tom cooked them to perfection! Probably a little too much for lunch, but so nice!!!

Won`t need a lot for dinner tonight........will still grill as I have made up burgers and Kyle always enjoys them.......and he`ll be hungry!!

Ah, summer grilling, so nice. Yeah, Schumi, I don’t mind a little salt on my pork as it is cooking, and we do use bbq sauce, as added after cooking by the eater. I think DH used ketchup.

Yep, while I am not a fresh tomato fan McK, my kids would eat more than they put in basket, as they picked our cherry tomatoes. My dad always stopped at a roadside stand in NJ on our way down the shore. He enjoyed fresh picked Jersey tomatoes. I guess my kids got that from him.

Kids want a Wawa run for lunch. Okay with me. Their hoagies are decent, and little one always finds something there she will eat.

Hehe, there are still some ice cream sandwiches in the freezer. Mid morning snack. Why yes.

Its pretty cloudy here today I wonder if we will end up getting rain. It was gorgeous for my walk this morning though nice and cool with a gentle breeze. I think I'm going to make supper on a bun tonight (basically hamburgers broiled on a french bread and some good flavoring) for a treat. Have to do a leaner meat mix than normal when making them that way but it is so good. Will pair it with an Olive Garden style salad. Going to the dentist this morning for my LONG overdue cleaning so I'm actually pretty excited for it! I was supposed to go in April, then May, and this was the soonest they could get me in after all of the reschedules.

Maybe I will pick up tacos for lunch on my way home in honor of Mac. :)

Busy on here today. Glad everyone is well and enjoyed reading your posts - can’t remember how to add small comments from others posts! Will have to have a lesson!

Grocery shopping delivered this morning - just two things unavailable so not too bad.

Also had a Ribena delivery - stupidly I must have chosen the wrong item - low sugar - grandson just won’t drink it - one of his autistic traits is fixation on certain things - not a problem but he has small cartons to take to school so think I’ll have to re-order. First order mistake I’ve done since lockdown so won’t beat myself up about it.

I’ve had to gather documentation for the sale to hand to my solicitor so will have to go into town tomorrow - will be only my third time since lockdown so mask and hand sanitizer. I’ll do a couple of other errands while I’m there.

Hubs has been completing the cctv installation here at my daughter’s and just finished. Got four up now so can view all round.

I had a walk with Louie while he was busy - it’s dry but cool only 52 - hoping our warm weather will return for the children’s summer break - they finish school on Thursday until September.

More lamb for us for dinner tonight - slow cooked and curried - just pulled it all of the bone so an easy meal.....and ice cream of course - eat too much of it!

:wave2: making a stop in!!!!
Hi everybody :wave2:
I loved the picture you posted....welcome home!!!! I'm very envious, as I would love to sink my feet into some nice warm sand. I hope you get caught up quickly. I usually try to take the extra day when we return from a longer trip. It just makes the house run a little more smoothly.
I used to think I didn't like pork, but eventually realized that I didn't like the way my mother cooked it. I actually had that problem with a lot of food. My mom is not a very good cook, and would always over cook meat.
I can't for the life of me, cook a pork chop. The family picks on me because I can cook anything else, but a simple pork chop!!!! They come out drier than a popcorn fart. Even in the instant pot or slow cooker lol :blush: It is the one meat I will cook. So if the hubby is wanting a pork chop, he needs to help out and cook them himself.
It’s like from Ferris Bueller!
Love that movie!!!!! Our kids have grown up watching a few of those cult culture 80's movies, Ferris Bueller, The Breakfast Club, Ridgemont High, Sixteen Candles and a few others. I have to giggle, as our oldest son looks like Anthony Micheal Hall as a teenager.
It`s good if the borders don`t open up you have options for travel too.....and spending time with the grandbaby is the best of all!!!
I'm OK with the boarder not open. We Canadians can travel to the US, but when we come home, we need to quarantine before going out again. The land boarder is closed, but we can still fly into the US. My understanding is that American's can't fly into Canada, unless they have their plan for quarantine and STICK TO IT!!!! There have have been numerous news reports of some Americans being fined for not quarantining before going to explore our Beautiful country.
For now, I'm happy to just stay here in Canada. Our numbers are flat and getting lower or staying flat here. And I want to keep it that way.
I have noticed meat prices are going up again here, and some stock is going down. We are having an aluminum can shortage, which is weird. And some pressure treated wood shortages. Can't figure that one out. We need another post for the fence and can't get it, and we had to wait 3 weeks for some of the fence panels. We have almost all of them now, but we will need at least one more.
I am checking our butcher shop for prices this week, and probably a meat bundle.
Our meat prices have went up too. If we buy at the grocery store or Costco ( where I will buy my chicken breasts ) they have risen. But at our local butcher shop we go to, they source all their meat locally, the prices have stayed fairly steady - except for steaks!!!!!!! In the summer we Canadians - ( Albertan for me ) love to grill our steaks in the short summers. So they have raised the price on steak cuts :eek: So much so, that we haven't bought steaks yet this summer. We can go to a steak house for the same price.
I must say, I'm envious for your garden and tomatoes. I was hoping to get a few plants to put in the backyard, but I missed the window and getting those from the greenhouses before they sold out :sad1: So I'll have to go to the Farmer's Market to get all my fresh veggies this year.
More lamb for us for dinner tonight - slow cooked and curried - just pulled it all of the bone so an easy meal.....and ice cream of course - eat too much of it!
Can I just say YUM!!!!

I have been enjoying all the video from different bloggers. It helps me to plan trips that I won't be taking any time soon :rotfl: It has been interesting watching all the different videos for both Universal and Disney. Everyone has a different comfort level that they feel is their boundaries for feeling safe. And given the numbers there, I would have boundaries too!!!

I think I seen pork chops in the fridge defrosting...so that must mean the DH is planning to help make supper tonight. Probably making some roasted potatoes, and asparagus on the grill too. I think i hear my stomach rumbling already lol.

I'm hoping the rain stays away. Our skies this morning on my drive to work looked like those bright Florida skies!!! It was such a brilliant blue this morning...and still is. I need to work on my front flowerbed and put down some landscaping fabric and newspapers then cover it with those chips. For some reason the chickweed is just sooo bad in there, I can't think of anything else to do to save the few perenials I have in there. I need to get that down and covered. It is driving me crazy looking as it!

Well I should run...I hope that everyone has a great day! Enjoy all the great weather you all seem to be having.

Frustrating day today. Work was fine, but i spent a good portion of the afternoon on hold with our mortgage company. It took a while, but we were finally able to get someone who could explain stuff to our satisfaction. We are also having some issues with dh's life insurance policy. Ugh, fun times.

Charade, has your county had a large increase in the numbers?
My county has been okay, but parts of the state are having problems.

I saw that Disney+ has Schoolhouse Rock videos. Yes, I can still sing them, lol! Did you have something similar?
Schoolhouse Rock was such an important part of our childhood. I don't think I will ever forget those songs.

I have not braved a mall yet. And I'm with you... I wouldn't eat or drink in there either.
I must be the odd one out. I have been to the mall and eaten In the food court a couple of times. It was so dead there that I felt perfectly safe.

No, never heard of that.....the most extravagant Disney thing we had when I was a kid was the Wonderful Worold of Disney show.....I never liked that, preferred to watch The Munsters and Addams Family type shows.......guess Disney was never going to be a big love of mine from an early age.
I don't think Schoolhouse Rock Was originally a Disney thing. They were short, musical cartoons that were shown during Saturday morning cartoons. They taught us about grammar, history, government and numbers. Thanks to Schoolhouse Rock I can still sing the preamble to our constitution.

I can't for the life of me, cook a pork chop.
The only was I can cook them is in a crock pot. I am not that great of a cook, but not as bad as my mother.

I am so sleepy right now, but it is too early to go to sleep. I'm going to try to find something to do to keep me awake for at least another hour.

The two times I was at the mall, Charade, there were lots of people. In fact, the first time, we left after a couple of stores, as was way too crowded for us to feel comfortable. Both times, lots of people eating in the food courts. We ate in a parking lot near a pick up at a restaurant on way home, both times. And once also a drive through coffee place to get coffee. Unless the food court is quiet, I doubt I will eat in it any time soon.

By the fire tonight, so nice out. And clear skies, so great views if you look up.

Elsa.....you reminded me I need to call to rearrange my dental check up....I think it was supposed to be tomorrow, they did txt to change but I forgot. It`ll be around Sept/Oct now I guess as our dentist is always booked up so far ahead.

Rain again this morning, but only a little sprinkling.

Have had a light breakfast as we are going out for lunch today..........:cheer2: We did plan to sit out in the open, but weather doesn`t seem to be agreeable to that right now.

And I get to put on real shoes today!!! There`s a thing I never thought I`d be happy to say!!!

Half way through July already........this year is surprisingly flying past!!

cv3042-L.jpg

cv3019-XL.jpg

Hehe, so enjoy your funnies, Schumi. And wahoo! Lunch out today. Yeah, my dental was May, then June, then end of July, now end of August. We will see if no more changes. Hope the weather holds for a nice outdoor lunch. For us, another beautiful sunny day, that ends when that rainy Southern air, arrives late in the day, then we get that Florida forecast. So a mostly refreshing, sunny day, lower humidity. Yay!

Ooh, and why yes,
43355FE1-A895-419C-92B4-2B3496046E57.jpeg

to all the homies, yep, Happy Hump Day, that middle of the week day, that get over the hump of a Wednesday, and woot! Weekend is approaching! Yay!

Good Morning all. My your Wednesday be wonderful and have as perfect weather as this leaving High Weather system is giving us.

That ever loving happy cup of tea. Bright out, birds are calling, though I think the chickens are still in their coop. Woot!

Thought I had posted but now can’t see it - perhaps did it in my sleep!
Damp here again this morning but had to go into town for business so got up and got it over with! Very very quiet but wore my mask into the bank and solicitor.
Had a quick snack and now we are going over to Dad’s to meet my brother - have to replace some old fence panels at the bottom of his garden as they have deteriorated. We had trouble getting them delivered - another thing that seems to be in short supply.
Nice to see people are getting to eat out. I’ve booked for hubs birthday next Friday at one of our favourite places - asked for a particular corner where I know we’ll be comfortable with two dogs with us.
Going to get very wet but can’t keep putting things off because of the damp weather!

Catch up later.

Good morning! Raining here right now so no morning walk for me today. Hopefully it clears up and maybe will go for an evening walk instead. A restaurant by us just switched owners a couple of weeks ago and advertised 50 cent wings last night, so we had Tuesday wing night. They were really good too! We will go back for sure. So it means supper on a bun tonight instead.

Hubby had to run into the office today instead of working from home so it is gloriously quiet for me now! Going to make a latte and work in peace for the morning!

Schumi have fun at your lunch and Lynne enjoy your hump day tea!

Sweet, Real, to be able to celebrate DH’s birthday at a favorite place next week. Nice to be able to get the things done you needed to and help your brother. Hope his fence is now repaired.

Elsa, yeah, a quiet house. Not yet. DH and my desks are in the same room, so noisy is my day. And thank you, I do enjoy drinking my tea. Sending sunshine your way, as we have another sunny, bright day. And our AC has gone on and off several times already this morning.

I am at work and have absolutely nothing to do today. Not sure how that happened. 3:00 will take forever to get here.

I hate that. At least lunch is coming in another hour or so. I get the joy of working 1/2 hour past your leaving time. Long days for me. Hey, can at least relax, as I think my laptop has finally updated itself.

Good morning Sans family :wave2:

64CB8DD5-F673-4CD5-B620-C4E143FAC6F2.jpeg

EDC5788C-22EC-4E3A-9B9E-A9DF53B0CF54.jpeg

2DC21D34-5AEB-4038-B728-AD7222F068F4.jpeg

Beautiful trees, you do a great job with all the different decorations.

Thanks Lynne......hope your tea is delish this morning and the sun is shinning in your neck of the woods.

wow love those trees - particularly Harry Potter! Tree inspiration there for me!

I like the Potter tree too. I have been slowly collecting ornaments for it.

Robo....as always your trees are beautiful!!! You can really see how much love and attention to detail goes into them......I`m not sure which is my favourite out of them all!!

Thank you Schumi Trees just make the house festive. Hope you and your friends have a lovely lunch today.

Love the trees Robo...I too am partial to the Harry Potter one.

I like the Potter tree a lot. So glad to hear you all made it home safely and you had a wonderful getaway.

They are supposed to be here, but so many people are either not wearing them or wearing them incorrectly.

Common issue I see is folks wearing them below their noses.

I love all the trees. I think my favorites are the HP tree and the angel tree. I love angels and wish I had more room to display them
Any suggestions for a topper for a super hero themed tree? It will be a small tree about 4 or 4.5 feet.

I saw a Captain America Shield as a tree topper on a few Marvel Trees. I would be tempted to take one of the cool Spider-man, Hulk, or Iron-man masks I have seen in Target, Walmart.. etc...and use that as a tree topper with a few Christmas lights behind it to light up eyes. You can get some marvel fabric and use that as skirt. Gold curtain tie backs as lasso for Wonder-woman...just some thoughts.

There's nothing like picking a nice warm tomato off the vine and eating it right there. I loved doing that as a kid

Sounds delicious.......it’s like eating the ☀ favorite food. Love fresh grown tomatoes.

Really, really beautiful trees! You have an eye for decorating. I love the HP one especially! I usually put my black tree up early and put some Fall decorations on it. I decorate a lot for Halloween and I was thinking of doing the black tree too, but haven't yet. Last year I made a bunch of HP potion bottles, which I have in my curio right now next to our wands. I don't put those away.

Thank you.....I would like to see a pic of your potion bottles if you would like to share them.

Had a small birthday party for granddaughter yesterday evening. Smaller get together then usual to protect all those that are vulnerable in the family.

0D8A3F22-DC86-48F3-8F3E-3AC1B31103ED.gif

9FEEEAB8-5B9E-4E0E-8EDC-FED1A8A242B6.gif

She wanted pineapple upside down cake for her cake.

B4B366FF-0CDD-4655-964C-42AC560BA7BA.jpeg

Son grilled steaks and I made twice baked potatoes, fresh sautéed corn and peppers, a tossed salad, rolls and celebration punch.

We played some cards after dinner and had a lovely time.

Granddaughter enjoyed her party. I missed not having the whole family together, but it is better to be safe then sorry.

My sister sent me a video of her sweet grand baby enjoying his first time in his umbrella floaty In her pool. He absolutely loved it. It was so cute. He is going to be 10 months old.

The sun ☀ is shinning this morning. It’s supposed be 91 here today.

Bought some lights to put up inside screened porch. Maybe tackle that small project today.

New sewing machine is set up and running smoothly. It’s a Brother sewing machine. It is quieter and sews much better then the Singer I had. The Singer had a flaw that kept breaking needles. I could not replace the Singer as they did not have anymore. Was told I could bring it back and receive a refund do to defect. We shall see.

Have a great Wednesday everyone.

You are having a fun day Charade. Not. Hope something good happens soon.

Good Morning Robo. A very happy birthday to granddaughter. She has great taste in cakes. And yes, very sunny day and enjoying several cups of tea. Will see if older one will make lunch again.

Thank you.....I would like to see a pic of your potion bottles if you would like to share them.
Quick pics from my phone. Sorry, the lighting is off with the glare from the windows. I normally have them in my curio but there's a mirror and top light in there and they wouldn't photograph for anything! So I moved everything quickly to my dining room sideboard. They are Halloween decorations but I keep these out year round. I'll have to take pics when I decorate everything because it looks so much better when everything is together.
Hubby has Voldemort's wand on Slytherin stand and mine is the Elder wand on Ravenclaw stand. I told you all we're nerds. ;)

This is Edgar.... hes' my favorite decoration. He's holding Skele-grow.
It's hard to see the subtle colors, but they're slight metallics and distressed. I did not make the labels, they were free printables that I distressed and modpodged onto the bottles. Some are bottles I had here, the smaller ones are from Michaels.

I'll pop on later to catch up... I just wanted to take these from my phone while I had time.

Attachments

• 98469755-0A72-427F-9B32-164FF91E921E.jpeg
    98469755-0A72-427F-9B32-164FF91E921E.jpeg
    56.3 KB · Views: 1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter