Something About Nothing............ #14

Quick drop in and will catch up later! Hope all are well.
hiked Devils Tower in Wyoming yesterday. Gave family option of yesterday or July 5-parking lot at base -with the easy Tower trail around base- closed until July 4. So we’d have to hike UP to the base first. 1.5 miles, narrow one person at a time rock filled “trail” ALL UPHILL. Took us an hour. Gorgeous views along the way. Mile around base and then down. Thighs are crying today. This after 5 miles of hiking previous day (with a .6 mile near sprint UP at one place- more to that story). Today was much easier. Tomorrow we pan for gold! Avoiding Keystone today at all costs. Sure you know why! About to head down the block in Hill City for dinner. We’ve had gorgeous weather for most part.

Sounds like you’ll have quite the fireworks show!!!

Hey Homies.......

Seems all the fireball is gone......

Tbones for dinner tonight big cookout will begin tomorrow afternoon.

I grilled these Tbones tonight and the meat was literally falling apart for some reason:confused3

Oh they were excellent

Fireworks are popping like crazy currently, I always think of the movie Sandlot around the 4th now especially since my youngest has taken a real liking to it and is now a starting pitcher for his team!!!

Well time to find some more snacks and grab some Makers or maybe even set sail with Captain Morgan for a rum punch!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Where is your glass of wine?
I only see my glass in the picture.

lol.....it was so good!!!!

You sprung to mind last night as we moved some stuff around in one of the drinks cabinets....we have 2 x 3 litre bottles of JD bought from MCO....still unopened!!!! It`s been a quiet few months.......::yes::

Right now my favorite person in the world is the one who invented central air conditioning. It's around 93 today, so I am staying inside.

Very happy to get a haircut today. He went a little shorter than I wanted, but ti will grow quickly. The amount of hair he swept from the floor was about the size of a toy poodle.

Did a little shopping today. Noting exciting. I got a computer mouse, and a hand soap dispenser. I bought a large bottle of soap back when everyone was panic buying and realized that I have nothing to put it in.

Now I'm being lazy until supper time. I guess tonight we will have the ham and mac and cheese we didn't have last night. No plans at all for tomorrow.

Happy new hair too Charade! Temps sound good too......and any shopping is good sometimes!!

Hi all,

Been going through it here, but hopefully coming out the other side. So I haven't been posting.

All the talk of good food and good wine makes me happy. Someone bring me that port that was mentioned please. I have a few racks of ribs ready for the smoker for tomorrow, and chicken which I think I will jerk spice. Some family is coming over so it will be a quiet get together.

We got the news that people from PA now have to mandatory quarantine for 14 days if returning from several states. Our list is close to that of NY, NJ and CT, but they have 16 states and we have 13. I expect that to change. On top of that hubby got notice from his company that they are expecting people to quarantine from those 16 states too, without pay. His company is based in NY, so no surprise there. So any thought of traveling to Florida is out the window for us for the Fall. Keisha and Lynne, will it affect your travel plans in the next few months?

Big thunder storm rolling in so I'm off to put the umbrellas down on the deck.

I'll leave you with these.....

View attachment 506242

View attachment 506243

View attachment 506244
Anyone remember Night of the Comet?

Good to see you mrose......hope things are better for you now......

Sounds like a lovely get together you have planned today.....hope it all goes well and everyone has fun.

It’s hot all over for most everyone!
Has to be difficult for those that do not have ac

If you don’t have central air, a window ac unit is a must for a bedroom.

I grew up in southern Illinois with just a box fan in the living room.
Now everyone has house fans or ac.

Anyone doing something special for the 4th?

We are doing pizza!
I love my no cook days of the week.

Pizza for us tonight mac too.........I do wish we were having the planned get together though.....it would have been so lovely to see a whole bunch of friends today.....but soon hopefully!!!

Enjoy that pizza.....🍕

Made the yahoo news, seems neighbors in the City had a fireworks fight. Only in my City. 😊. Thankfully, only some fireworks last night, and expected some tonight too. Yep, that time of year.

I saw a headline with something like that....I must go and look again!! Our time of year for that type of thing is Bonfire Night.....Nov 5th....before and after it`s crazy in a lot of places in the UK......

Nice picture Lynne......bet that was a lovely way to spend the day!!!

I cut corners too for convenience. I like cooking from scratch, but there are times when you just need a speedy meal.

LOL..........My natural hair is mildly curly and wavy. I use straightening wand on it. If it’s humid and hot I don’t bother as it will be frizzy.

Wow.....you get an Award for even trying to make a Croquembouche. I have made Choux pastry for puffs before, but I don’t think they would fly for a Croquembouche..it is a pretty amazing looking dessert.

I did not understand what that was all about. I watched it last week. Now I know. It’s disgusting that he got away with all of it for so long.

I feel sorry for the girls that were involved. I hope they do get their day and court and his girlfriend has to look at them and hear what they have to say to her.......She is going to jail for a long time. They are both evil personified. If she talks, a lot of people in high places are going to be exposed.

My neighbors cat leaves be presents sometimes by the front door. It’s usually a mouse or a small bird.

4 weeks ago I was in the garage and Miss Autumn kitty brought me a small mouse and put it by my feet......LOL...My neighbor asked me later that day if I had seen Autumn and I told him she brought me a present. He asked, what the present was and I told him a Dead mouse......he was mortified....He said, he was wondering were she had been taking her dead mice she was catching.

Amen to that, it was 95 here and 🥵 hot as could be. It would be miserable without air conditioning.

Hang in there :hug:

We have been invited up to the lake where my sister has her motor home for a barbecue tomorrow. I will put some ribs in crockpot early in am. Going to make some potato salad and brownies to take.

View attachment 506276

I would never have guessed you had curly or wavy hair! I am surprised about that......it`s a very natural looking style you have worn whenever I have seen it.

I will happily admit, I wouldn`t have taken a picture of the one I made.....it kind of sank!!! Mainly because the profiteroles were just too heavy. My friend Sue however makes them so well....but she does everything baking wise perfect, she has a real gift. It is a lovely dessert and loks wonderful, when done correctly....

Yes, I had no idea how it all started with Epstein and how he made his money, so many people had watched that show and said it was a complete revelation. I hope those ladies get the justice they so deserve. We cannot ignore them any longer as they have been in the past. It needs highlighting so we can hopefully do something about it. GhilaineMaxwell herself came from a very dodgy family. Her father famously robbed a lot of people`s pension money years ago and is still spoken about today, no surprise she ended up the way she did. Lots of delusional people around for sure.

Have a lovely day today with your sister Robo.....sounds like a lovely place to spend the day together.......:wave2:

hiked Devils Tower in Wyoming yesterday. Gave family option of yesterday or July 5-parking lot at base -with the easy Tower trail around base- closed until July 4. So we’d have to hike UP to the base first. 1.5 miles, narrow one person at a time rock filled “trail” ALL UPHILL. Took us an hour. Gorgeous views along the way. Mile around base and then down. Thighs are crying today. This after 5 miles of hiking previous day (with a .6 mile near sprint UP at one place- more to that story). Today was much easier. Tomorrow we pan for gold! Avoiding Keystone today at all costs. Sure you know why! About to head down the block in Hill City for dinner. We’ve had gorgeous weather for most part.

Lovely pictures MonyK......it looks beautiful there. There are so many gorgeous places around the States to visit......

Hope you`re all good too and have a lovely weekend.......

Woke up to no internet this morning. Seems there was an issue across the country. Kyle was planning to do some work this morning, but that was soon postponed.

It`s working now.......mac hope you could read my reply through the spelling mistakes...not used to typing on my phone longer than a txt!!!

Lazy day ahead......having a charcuterie plate for lunch with some other little bits and pieces......and the ultimate in cheat food tonight.....pizza!!! I`m glad the weather is so dull as I`d miss the supposed party today even more if the weather was glorious......looks to be a dull and grey day ahead.

Lots of travel plans opening up for folks here.....hoping some folks get their trips to Europe and beyond as planned. One of my friends sisters is coming back from Germany next week.....some of you may remember me speaking about her before.....she`s the vegan (when it suits her) who has a chip on her shoulder with most folks.

So competitive and will never change. Best ignored and so thankful I don`t have to deal with her often. Her sister, my friend is so lovely, you couldn`t get two sisters so far apart. She works for the Government as it the type of perosn who tries to appear more important by saying things like....oh I`d like to tell you what I do but I won`t.....bless her little heart! I adore her sister though...so make allowances now and again.

Got two parcels delivered this morning......a whole bunch of masks that weren`t supposed to arrive till Tuesday.....and my Clinique order!!! Thank goodness as moisturiser was running low....

I know Keisha is busy today with family....but hope she had a fabulous day yesterday......:thumbsup2

cv2023-XL.png

:hug:

cv2034-L.jpg

Have a wonderful July 4th.......

Happy 4th of July! Another hot one.

After an after dinner swim ended with thunder, we enjoyed watching the rain with a cup of tea, on the porch. It was still muggy out, and we went inside when the bugs started to bite.

As with my family, we made so much food, we had some of for dinner last night, and there is so much still to eat for today’s dinner.

Beautiful pictures MonyK. Nice to be in the Western part.

Hope you have internet now, Schumi. Ack, to having no internet issues country wide.

And so, even my Dsis has tea, so enjoying a cup of tea in a quiet house. Seems my brother and wife, sister and little one are not early birds. Birds outside are though. And a beautiful morning.
A97491A5-D7B4-4C65-BFE7-870758103EB3.jpeg
Well, I not upside down, nor took the picture that way either. Oh well. Enjoy some tea with me in the deck, listening to the birds having their morning discussions. And I have my sunglasses on, bright enough, even in the shade.

S A T U R D A Y! Yay! A holiday one too!

Fireworks (As it has been since we moved here) started around 8 last night
And will continue more so tonight.

It also happens nye up to 2 am
It does not bother my cats but the neighborhood dogs.

Hope all the homies have a great weekend celebrating with friends and family this weekend!

It seems like the start of summer now but in my area kids go back to school in one month

Well........had the port.........

Don’t you worry though, if you’re ever in the area I’ll make sure there is plenty.......

Nice to see you post I’ve been wondering where you’ve been?!?!!?!
Might be a strange thought I have, but this sounded like something Schumi wrote before.

when I read, everyone has their own style of writing, and I read post at first quickly and then go back to reread them before I posted.

days ago I read some more of your posts and thought it was Schumi again writing.
But I caught myself on that one as she does not do Sams club potato salad
Lol

Well homies, hope no rain today to ruin
anyone’s outdoor plans
I’m sure all of you will have a fantastic day with family, friends and food!

Might be a strange thought I have, but this sounded like something Schumi wrote before.

when I read, everyone has their own style of writing, and I read post at first quickly and then go back to reread them before I posted.

days ago I read some more of your posts and thought it was Schumi again writing.
Lol

Well homies, hope no rain today to ruin
anyone’s outdoor plans
I’m sure all of you will have a fantastic day with family, friends and food!

Haha, she probably doesn’t drink port either....

My buddy gets this port from Trader Joe’s that is about $6 a bottle and it’s wonderful...

I usually buy the Taylor Port.

Grey goose for me, or a white wine is usually my choice. So no port wine here, well maybe, as we are gifted wine. We tend to share that we don’t usually drink. My extended family likes a glass of wine with dinner. Hence, my dinner donation. 😊

Bacon, the whole pack, eggs and what ever else you find in the refrigerator. Yum, already starting. Ooh, and some coffee now.

Both stellar choices. I’m reverting to its 90, stove will be untouched. Well did make bacon when jr breezed by at 11 am

tomorrow, up with birds for road trip here to poke around with oldest DS family. I’m mentally drooling over that yummy Amish food I hope is in abundance. Taking the truck JIK something large calls to me

https://rogersohio.com/

Yum. Have some Shoo Fly pie for me! I remember my parents taking us to Lancaster, PA when I was young. I recall the food was good but that pie really stuck in my memories. That and my mom going into every antique shop we passed lol.

wine3-X2.jpg

Dinner all behind us now......everything clean, tidy and ironing all done, just the way I like it.....no housework over the weekend......curry was delicious and Kyle loved the ice cream I made for him......used a dark chocolate he loves.......

Settling down with a bottle of wine and the Epstein documentary.....should be a fascinating story of true crime and how they got him. Evil personified, but with his partner in crime now in custody, hopefully the victims who don`t want to be silenced will have their say and their day in court to see justice of some kind lent out. Seems I`m late to the party watching this, so many have already seen it.

Can`t believe our government is allowing pubs to open at 6am tomorrow morning.....crazy! Hairdressers I could understand as they are going to be so busy......I think some salons are even going to be opening Sundays which is quite unusual here.

Hope Keisha is having a lovely day today travelling with her family.....and hope she gets her ham!!! I think the closest we`ll get to trying Amish food is Yoders in Sarasota, that`s supposed to be so good.

Two nights in a row we`ve had birds fly straight into one of our windows at the back of the house......you just hear a thump.....and you can make out wing and beak marks....lol.....poor little things. They have flown away last two nights, but we have went out to see some dead ones. They see the reflections of the trees on the windows we think......at this time most of the light is reflecting on the back. We have a lot of large windows at the back of the house.

Time for wine........:thumbsup2
That glass of wine looks good! Will have a glass with dinner tonight. I have one of my favs from Quails Gate vineyards chilling in the fridge. They are a B.C. vineyard in our wine country. Produce some very nice wines.

Haven‘t seen the epstine doc yet. Unbelievable this can happen. I know there was speculation about his death. Too many people in high places.

We have big picture windows in our living room. Have had our share of birdies fly into them. None dead but knocked out and stunned. We have a deck off the living room, where they end up. I would go out to check on them, and in awhile they’re gone after they wake. I now pull my sheers during that time of day. Seems to have done the trick. Some friends have put window clings up.

Happy hair day Monday! We’ve been hearing about UK and Europe opening up. I hope all goes well. We’ve been slowly opening up. Now can travel within own province. And the Maritime provinces have created an Atlantic Bubble! So travel within those provinces is allowed.
personally I’m not ready to go out to a pub or restaurant yet. I think I’ll wait awhile.

Wow! Sounds like you’re having an amazing vacay! Can’t wait to hear what caused the .6 mi sprint! Bear? Fabulous pics! My thighs would be crying too, maybe screaming! I remember we were in an old gold mining town. Years ago, pre children! We went down to the river and used the dog dish to pan for gold lol!
Had to look up Keystone:sad2:
We were at our friends who have the chickens on Canada Day. They have a bunch of chics. Thought of you.

Well........had the port.........

Don’t you worry though, if you’re ever in the area I’ll make sure there is plenty.......

Nice to see you post I’ve been wondering where you’ve been?!?!!?!
Save some Port for me! Yum.
Haha, she probably doesn’t drink port either....

My buddy gets this port from Trader Joe’s that is about $6 a bottle and it’s wonderful...

I usually buy the Taylor Port.
We get the Taylors too. A friend bought over a bottle of Grandfathers once, that was a treat. For Christmas.
Never knew TJ carried Port! And was good? Who knew! I miss going to TJ. We have one just across the border in Washington. An hour drive door to door. Back in the good old days we used to go do some cross border shopping at TJ, Costco for cheap US gas, and they carry different stuff! Then head to our fav Mexican place for a bite before heading home. A nice day trip. Miss that.
Sounds like a fabulous food spread. Yum.

Thanks everyone for the Canada Day greetings 🇨🇦 It hasn‘t stopped raining. Record breaking apparently worse June since 1960. All our Canada Day celebrations were cancelled. Some held virtually online. Not the same, I didn’t bother. It sure was a quiet one. I’m happy no one here was setting off fireworks or firecrackers. But its not a thing here. Many towns all have their own big fireworks so no need. I miss our fireworks display over the inlet. Can watch from my deck.

But today the sun has come out! Finally! We’ve had so much rain river banks are flooding. A very popular river walk nearby has closed due to high water and possible flooding.

Hope all of you with upcoming hair appts and recently done new hair enjoy! Away with the sparkles! I also toyed with the idea of letting the roots grow out, had a good start! Like Lynne my roots blended in quite well. Asked the Mr what he thought, and he didn’t skip a beat before saying no! Had my roots done early June Almost time for a touch up. But I have the root spray I got when salons closed. So I think I’ll use that to extend the time before touch ups. Not like I’m going anywhere! But sure won’t leave it as long as enforced closure!

Happy 4th of July 🇺🇸 To everyone! Sounds like lots of yummy food happening.
We are having our usual Saturday dinner with brother-in-law. A friend was supposed to come also but he’s having back issues and canceled.
It looks like it will be a good day and hope we’re going to be able to eat outside on the patio. It’s been so long.
Back ribs are on the menu tonight. Key Lime pie dessert.

67D72946-79E3-4FC8-997E-83C65380C590.jpeg43B44573-CBE6-4687-B396-801151BD457B.jpeg
In 12 hours I will be getting my hair cut. It really needs it.
Hip hip hooray! I still don’t even have a replacement salon boohoo
That looks like a lot of fun to visit! And Amish food too......sounds a lovely way to spend the day, make sure you buy something nice!!!
It was not as expected, more flea that Amish market. I did come back with lots of baked goods...different cookies (the fruit filled ones are my favorite, went with Raisin & peach ones) and some choc chip for the less adventurous. apple & blueberry pie

homemade: extra garlic pickle slices, a quart for me, 1/2 for one of my kids; large jar of orange marmalade and couple of different sauces for cooking (bbq, sweet chili, etc.)

No country ham until the fall i’m Told, was tempted to wait for the inch thick pork chops & some of the cheese (they have a interesting cheddar/salami one, but line just too long.

wound up stopping off on turnpike on way home to treat family to Cracker Barrel so I could get my country ham fix. A new location, worst one i’ve Ever tried, ham was so dry. Even my DS didn’t want mine lol

Will say, if i had to do it again, would’ve stayed home. I was alarmed to see that, other than us, maybe a handful of other people wearing masks and it was hip to hip before 11 am. A red state, people were very vocal not wearing masks were political statements. We actually got heckled a few times for wearing them in that vein. Stay classy Ohio :rolleyes1

Got my share of ribbing from my own family too :). Two of my doctors advised with the breathing issues/needing surgery to wear this in lieu of mask. Between that & the sun hat, managed to cross the line into even goofier grandma territory. Here we are taking a cloth mask break in a clearing. Honestly, really starting to 2nd guess if we could bear wearing in August in MCO. We’ve done that time period often, you expect to be miserable but thinking, factoring in cloth masks, would be a whole nuther sort of awful. Going to think long & hard on that. Sept/Oct can get hot/humid but nowhere as bad as August there IMO
7972447A-17C6-4457-93C0-FD965BDE9A8F.jpeg

I want to visit Keisha this July 4th ::yes::......food is always outstanding and plentiful!!!!! Have fun today and a lovely weekend :wave2:
I’ll set out a few extra plates for all. Going a bit simpler as it’s just too h-o-t.
and I have my hair appointment on Monday morning....first one of the day
Lucky you, pictures needed
Yes, that is a good phrase to use......LOL...the girls at the salon say they have seen some pretty bad pandemic hair. After some color, cut and styling happy hair it is.
Haha here, they often charge at least double for corrective color. My hair is half way down my back. I’m getting ready to put it in a braid & lop it off. Dave says he’s going to hide all the scissors :)
I made homemade gravy yesterday, meatballs and a pan of lasagna.
Called son to come over and pick some up for their dinner and had him drop some off to granddaughter.

Homemade is always better for sure.
Agreed, especially sauce once you get used to making it. I always loved how Phillie/Jersey calls it gravy :). I automatically think of brown gravy. When it’s not so hot, i love to toss in some meaty bones to amp up the flavor & let it simmer for hours but a quick sauce is good in it’s own right.
Have fun......we have a good Amish restaurant that’s about an hours drive from here. They also have a quilt auction once a year that is slammed with people. The quilts are gorgeous.
Jealous, we’d have to drive at least 2 hours...north, then east. A you can’t get there from here type of thing.
Recipe looks easy enough to try
Make sure to sprinkle lemon juice over the cut apples first or they look & taste mushy
Good morning everyone. I slept in late because I had crazy dreams that kept waking me up all night.
Just saw a report on tv that said that is common Expert offered up that people are sleeping longer & going into another REM stage, then remembering their ‘usual’ dreams more vividly. Maybe? Lol
Happy hair.......yes indeed......my hair will be happy come Monday......me too!! I let it dry completely naturally a few weeks ago......no hairdryer or straighteners........Kyle took one look at me when he came out of the office for lunch and looked rather alarmed and asked me if I felt ok.......lol.......it was a bit wild!!
We all need to go just a bit wild now & again to blow off some steam :). Dave loves a good beachy wave but mine isn’t exactly natural, more work than standard styling for me. Well, except when i’m near beach, the salt water in the air & and the soft water in the taps, change
Ribs have all had the membranes removed and rubbed with seasoning and wrapped in foil everything else is coming along great also.
Here the racks standardly have it removed, well, other than the type that come prepackaged/vac sealed. Not a fan of those ones, usually very little meat.

Have my country ones started in crockpot, dry rubbed them, will finish on grill later. Chicken breasts in their own crock, they too, will get the sauce slathered on later.
Hope Keisha is having a lovely day today travelling with her family.....and hope she gets her ham!!! I think the closest we`ll get to trying Amish food is Yoders in Sarasota, that`s supposed to be so good.
Didn’t know they had any Amish in FL
Right now my favorite person in the world is the one who invented central air conditioning. It's around 93 today, so I am staying inside.
Uncle Orville lol WDW Carousel of Progress joke, couldn’t resist.

Sigh, how I do miss the parks
So any thought of traveling to Florida is out the window for us for the Fall. Keisha and Lynne, will it affect your travel plans in the next few months?
Depends. If the numbers don’t take a whopping jump, I expect the 14 day quarantine will be dropped. If anything, more concerned that FL may close their border to those from out of state if things keep spiking upward.

Mandatory is an interesting term. Unless enforced (by employers, airline flight lists, neighbors/friends spilling the beans on one’s ‘illicit’ travel) don’t see many paying much heed to it if truth be told.

We ‘broke the law’ by driving 5 minutes across border to middle of nowhere Ohio, where the Amish were obviously outnumbered by residents of other tri-state areas. When i questioned a couple of them, they freely explained they didn’t believe in wearing masks or modern medicine, but explained it in a respectful, non-judgemental manner. They were a more progressive group than we have in our area of PA.

Our numbers in Allegheny county dropped about 50 overnight. Still four X what they were a week ago. Figure within two weeks will probably be closer to 500 due to 4th of July lack of social distancing. Sigh

We ate in Butler county yesterday, social distancing was strongly in place, all wearing masks until they were seated and tables very widely spaced. Requested to be sat in far corner circular table we saw open. Maybe another 6 tables filed in whole place while there. Is it something I’d normally do now? No, but felt comfortable after my family eye-balled the re

All restaurants & bars are closed for a week here in Allegheny county (except for takeout). I think it’s a very good thing. Contract tracing has the upsurge in cases going back to a very large, popular bars/restaurants in our country. Increase in cases ages groups of 20 - 35 y.o. Let’s hope they didn’t bring it home to ma & pa or grandparents.

Doesn’t take much for people to drive outside our county to find a watering hole but maybe the edicts will have them think about things in general.

We have a State mandate to wear masks in public - hooray, about darn time!!!

Now, if they would only enforce that rule...the more rural area it is, the worse it is. They need to start citing & fining people as a certain element takes it as a big joke

If you don’t have central air, a window ac unit is a must for a bedroom.

I grew up in southern Illinois with just a box fan in the living room.
Now everyone has house fans or ac.

Anyone doing something special for the 4th?
You are preaching to the choir sista! I have all the ceiling fans running and an additional box fan in the LR & Kitchen

We have window AC in bedrooms. I always buy double the BTU needed, so rooms are delightfully freezing at night.

I’ll be making like a hippo in the pool every chance i get

This will be our longest stretch of 90 degree weather in my memory
One of his coworkers is in Florida now and will have to quarantine for 14 days when she gets back. I get the reason, since our numbers are staying pretty low compared to other areas, but it is another disappointment not being able to travel anywhere we like to go. We can't even go to OBX now.
Can’t say I’ve heard a single person in my area changing their plans. One middle DS’s employer is world-wide, they have been mandating a CV test for anyone who is off work more than 3 days. when this first started in March, they made him self-quarantine for 14 days as he was at a conference in large casino in your area. They just lifted the NYC ban a few weeks ago, haven’t put in place any others...yet.
We have been invited up to the lake where my sister has her motor home for a barbecue tomorrow. I will put some ribs in crockpot early in am. Going to make some potato salad and brownies to take.
Sounds lovely. Lynne got me hungry for Amish macaroni salad:), make it instead, thinking less time to cook noodles/less heat in kitchen
ALL UPHILL. Took us an hour. Gorgeous views along the way. Mile around base and then down. Thighs are crying today. This after 5 miles of hiking previous day (with a .6 mile near sprint UP at one place- more to that story). Today was much easier. Tomorrow we pan for gold! Avoiding Keystone today at all costs. Sure you know why!
Yes, indeed, ugh. Beautiful pics. That is some hike, any altitude issues with the hike? Hope you strike it rich.
If anyone needs me I will be moving in next to MRose
Lol. Most i know here like to put out a spread when they cook. Everything tends to revolve around food lol
I grilled these Tbones tonight and the meat was literally falling apart for some reason
Hmm, sound like they may have been over tenderized by the butcher/processor or via any at-home marinade
I will happily admit, I wouldn`t have taken a picture of the one I made.....it kind of sank!!! Mainly because the profiteroles were just too heavy. My friend Sue however makes them so well....but she does everything baking wise perfect, she has a real gift. It is a lovely dessert and loks wonderful, when done correctly....
You sell yourself short, those are crazy difficult to make even for pastry chefs. So much can go wrong, including moisture in air, kitchen temp, etc. I’ve washed my hands of trying.
GhilaineMaxwell herself came from a very dodgy family. Her father famously robbed a lot of people`s pension money years ago and is still spoken about today, no surprise she ended up the way she did. Lots of delusional people around for sure.
She went to extreme measures to hide herself in a McMansion here. Living under an assumed name no less. Transferred millions of $ around hundreds of times between 15 banks but the Feds still managed to follow the money. Absolutely sounds as though she’s totally innocent:rolleyes1 even if it’s just one girl, this sort of abuse has been swept under the carpet for far too long. They need to prosecute those who prey on minors in all sorts of matters.

I know Keisha is busy today with family....but hope she had a fabulous day yesterday......:thumbsup2
I do treasure the time the kids want to spend with me even if it’s out of my comfort zone lol
It seems like the start of summer now but in my area kids go back to school in one month
That’s early. Hope they have AC in the schools, here they don’t

Many schools starting to roll out their plans. Thus far, appears to be a hybrid type, combo of cyber & in-school instruction. Elementary mostly in school though unless another wave hits.

They’ve started limited practice/camps for fall sports. eldest DS had to put together a proposal for school board to vote upon. Breaking grades up into groups, no usage of locker room or water fountains, lots of hygenic instruction. Will be a good indication if fall sports will be doable . At best, expect the games to be played with no fans or only immediate family, socially distanced.

It’s too easy to say just throw your hands into the air and cancel outright. Too many of the kids strongly rely on athletic scholarships, different between them attending college or not

Lol
yep, can’t see that happening either. They do sell a red potato one that if i’m Hankering for it within an hour or two can doctor up with celery, HB eggs & spices and it’s passable
So no port wine here, well maybe, as we are gifted wine.
I’m a grey goose/absolute/stoli sort too. Switch it up with tequila and lite rum now & again. The darker the booze, the worse the hangover is my motto:)

I like my wine to taste like kool aid, there I said it lol Give me a good, cold Lambrusco and I’ll top it off with 7up and be happy With my spritzer. When i’m Feeling fancy I will go with a moscato or a sweet reisling.

least I know what i like & stick to it. My take on Port is that it’s so heavy and smells rather, well, funky. Carole can translate that into wine aficionado speak i’m Sure :).

Last edited:
@keishashadow looks like we posted around same time! That’s crazy making masks a political statement. Guess they won’t be heckling people when they or a family member gets the virus.
Love the goofy grandma territory photo! My friend has a Nov trip booked (can’t remember where) and the other day phones me to say her DH just ordered those shields for the flight.

Just saw a report on tv that said that is common Expert offered up that people are sleeping longer & going into another REM stage, then remembering their ‘usual’ dreams more vividly. Maybe? Lol
I have always had crazy, vivid dreams. I don't think I can blame the pandemic. They do seem to be little more disjointed lately though.

Uncle Orville lol WDW Carousel of Progress joke, couldn’t resist.

Sigh, how I do miss the parks
I have never experienced the Carousel of Progress, so that joke went right over my head.

We decided to try the new Cuban place for lunch today, but when we got there it was closed. Ended up at Moe's instead. No more plans for the day. It is 94 today. Too hot for me to do anything outside.

Hope everyone is having a great day. I will leave you with this beauty I saw on my trip to Alaska.

@Charade67 you must go to Carousel of Progress! I took my daughters when they were teens the first time fully expecting them to say didn’t like it, but they enjoyed it. It’s still a must do for us. And in summer a great break from the heat.
Also Peoplemover a must do.

Lots of nostalgia your talking, it is a must and a great resting point.

There was a guy once that fell asleep and was snoring like a monster.......lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter