Something About Nothing............ #14

:lmao:

Hey everyone magnificent weather here, hot and that’s just how I like it, a dip in the pool is coming right up!

Grilled pork chops and pineapple for lunch, with you guessed it broccoli, we love broccoli! Lemonade all the way around!!

Did a real nice wash up on my wife’s primary vehicle this morning, it’s black so everyone knows how hard it is to keep them clean only going through the wash, and we only use touch less washes. I set the horn a honking like crazy as I had grabbed the wrong key fob for it as we have more than one of that brand........lol......neighbors were looking like crazy at me at 7:45 this morning, some giving an extra look as I was only in my shorts and ready to wash and hopefully get a little sun as I have a wonderful tank top tan currently.....

Ribs have all had the membranes removed and rubbed with seasoning and wrapped in foil everything else is coming along great also.

I wouldn’t ever have any interest to watch anything to do with that disgrace epstein, I’m not even going to capitalize the name.

Well some more lemonade coming right up...

Got a buddy that is coming by with some Port wine and some cigars, always a great time!!!

Later Homies!!!

Last edited:
wine3-X2.jpg

Dinner all behind us now......everything clean, tidy and ironing all done, just the way I like it.....no housework over the weekend......curry was delicious and Kyle loved the ice cream I made for him......used a dark chocolate he loves.......

Settling down with a bottle of wine and the Epstein documentary.....should be a fascinating story of true crime and how they got him. Evil personified, but with his partner in crime now in custody, hopefully the victims who don`t want to be silenced will have their say and their day in court to see justice of some kind lent out. Seems I`m late to the party watching this, so many have already seen it.

Can`t believe our government is allowing pubs to open at 6am tomorrow morning.....crazy! Hairdressers I could understand as they are going to be so busy......I think some salons are even going to be opening Sundays which is quite unusual here.

Hope Keisha is having a lovely day today travelling with her family.....and hope she gets her ham!!! I think the closest we`ll get to trying Amish food is Yoders in Sarasota, that`s supposed to be so good.

Two nights in a row we`ve had birds fly straight into one of our windows at the back of the house......you just hear a thump.....and you can make out wing and beak marks....lol.....poor little things. They have flown away last two nights, but we have went out to see some dead ones. They see the reflections of the trees on the windows we think......at this time most of the light is reflecting on the back. We have a lot of large windows at the back of the house.

Time for wine........:thumbsup2

Right now my favorite person in the world is the one who invented central air conditioning. It's around 93 today, so I am staying inside.

Very happy to get a haircut today. He went a little shorter than I wanted, but ti will grow quickly. The amount of hair he swept from the floor was about the size of a toy poodle.

Did a little shopping today. Noting exciting. I got a computer mouse, and a hand soap dispenser. I bought a large bottle of soap back when everyone was panic buying and realized that I have nothing to put it in.

Now I'm being lazy until supper time. I guess tonight we will have the ham and mac and cheese we didn't have last night. No plans at all for tomorrow.

Hi all,

Been going through it here, but hopefully coming out the other side. So I haven't been posting.

All the talk of good food and good wine makes me happy. Someone bring me that port that was mentioned please. I have a few racks of ribs ready for the smoker for tomorrow, and chicken which I think I will jerk spice. Some family is coming over so it will be a quiet get together.

We got the news that people from PA now have to mandatory quarantine for 14 days if returning from several states. Our list is close to that of NY, NJ and CT, but they have 16 states and we have 13. I expect that to change. On top of that hubby got notice from his company that they are expecting people to quarantine from those 16 states too, without pay. His company is based in NY, so no surprise there. So any thought of traveling to Florida is out the window for us for the Fall. Keisha and Lynne, will it affect your travel plans in the next few months?

Big thunder storm rolling in so I'm off to put the umbrellas down on the deck.

I'll leave you with these.....

51D8CE68-D769-41EF-85EA-414DAE67BA9E.jpeg

7FF86E3D-8E69-46F7-815B-E7FAE8013645.jpeg

753D6D96-AC85-48BC-82D4-592D1E9484AE.jpeg
Anyone remember Night of the Comet?

It’s hot all over for most everyone!
Has to be difficult for those that do not have ac

If you don’t have central air, a window ac unit is a must for a bedroom.

I grew up in southern Illinois with just a box fan in the living room.
Now everyone has house fans or ac.

Anyone doing something special for the 4th?

We are doing pizza!
I love my no cook days of the week.

Just saw Mrose here and it’s always great to hear from you!

If you lived next door to me, I know where I would go tomorrow for food.

it tops pizza....

Ga is on that list also but not concerned about it.
I don’t go anywhere as it is.

You would think the people your husband work with could be allowed to go to work.
There’s so much new rules being put out, a lot of new info to keep up with.

It’s nice you are having friends over tomorrow and will be good to just relax and forget about world events.

Any firework displays tomorrow in your area?

If you lived next door to me, I know where I would go tomorrow for food.
If you lived next door to me I would cook for you all the time! I love cooking and baking.
You would think the people your husband work with could be allowed to go to work.
There’s so much new rules being put out, a lot of new info to keep up with.
One of his coworkers is in Florida now and will have to quarantine for 14 days when she gets back. I get the reason, since our numbers are staying pretty low compared to other areas, but it is another disappointment not being able to travel anywhere we like to go. We can't even go to OBX now.
I don’t go anywhere as it is.
I don't go many place either. Today was the first time we went to a restaurant to pick up and ate outside. No one else was on the patio. It wasn't a "real" restaurant, just Core Life where you order at the counter and take your food. I had a nice tuna poke bowl.

It’s nice you are having friends over tomorrow and will be good to just relax and forget about world events.
I agree. It will be some of my family; my mom and dad, sister, two of my kids and their significant others. Not a big crowd and we will keep our distance in the yard.
Any firework displays tomorrow in your area?
My city is having them tonight. We're not going, but we can see some of them from my house. We sometimes go to a larger city near us, but they aren't having them this year. I am not crazy about fireworks, lol! We do like them at the baseball games, but sadly the minor leagues were cancelled this year and we don't have our season tix.
Made the yahoo news, seems neighbors in the City had a fireworks fight. Only in my City. 😊. Thankfully, only some fireworks last night, and expected some tonight too. Yep, that time of year.
Is this the guy who was hit in the face?

If you lived next door to me I would cook for you all the time! I love cooking and baking.

One of his coworkers is in Florida now and will have to quarantine for 14 days when she gets back. I get the reason, since our numbers are staying pretty low compared to other areas, but it is another disappointment not being able to travel anywhere we like to go. We can't even go to OBX now.

I don't go many place either. Today was the first time we went to a restaurant to pick up and ate outside. No one else was on the patio. It wasn't a "real" restaurant, just Core Life where you order at the counter and take your food. I had a nice tuna poke bowl.

I agree. It will be some of my family; my mom and dad, sister, two of my kids and their significant others. Not a big crowd and we will keep our distance in the yard.

My city is having them tonight. We're not going, but we can see some of them from my house. We sometimes go to a larger city near us, but they aren't having them this year. I am not crazy about fireworks, lol! We do like them at the baseball games, but sadly the minor leagues were cancelled this year and we don't have our season tix.

Is this the guy who was hit in the face?

Yep. Not much surprises me.

Yeah, it is not like I cannot cook, it just is speed on week days.

I cut corners too for convenience. I like cooking from scratch, but there are times when you just need a speedy meal.

Happy hair.......yes indeed......my hair will be happy come Monday......me too!! I let it dry completely naturally a few weeks ago......no hairdryer or straighteners........Kyle took one look at me when he came out of the office for lunch and looked rather alarmed and asked me if I felt ok.......lol.......it was a bit wild!!

Have a great weekend Robo.......

LOL..........My natural hair is mildly curly and wavy. I use straightening wand on it. If it’s humid and hot I don’t bother as it will be frizzy.

Croquembouche once you have the pastry mastered is easy to make up......but looks amazing!!!

Wow.....you get an Award for even trying to make a Croquembouche. I have made Choux pastry for puffs before, but I don’t think they would fly for a Croquembouche..it is a pretty amazing looking dessert.

Planning to watch the story of Jeffrey Epstein on Netflix tonight.......should be interesting!!

I did not understand what that was all about. I watched it last week. Now I know. It’s disgusting that he got away with all of it for so long.

Settling down with a bottle of wine and the Epstein documentary.....should be a fascinating story of true crime and how they got him. Evil personified, but with his partner in crime now in custody, hopefully the victims who don`t want to be silenced will have their say and their day in court to see justice of some kind lent out. Seems I`m late to the party watching this, so many have already seen it.

I feel sorry for the girls that were involved. I hope they do get their day and court and his girlfriend has to look at them and hear what they have to say to her.......She is going to jail for a long time. They are both evil personified. If she talks, a lot of people in high places are going to be exposed.

They have flown away last two nights, but we have went out to see some dead ones.

My neighbors cat leaves be presents sometimes by the front door. It’s usually a mouse or a small bird.

4 weeks ago I was in the garage and Miss Autumn kitty brought me a small mouse and put it by my feet......LOL...My neighbor asked me later that day if I had seen Autumn and I told him she brought me a present. He asked, what the present was and I told him a Dead mouse......he was mortified....He said, he was wondering were she had been taking her dead mice she was catching.

Right now my favorite person in the world is the one who invented central air conditioning. It's around 93 today, so I am staying inside.

Amen to that, it was 95 here and 🥵 hot as could be. It would be miserable without air conditioning.

Been going through it here, but hopefully coming out the other side. So I haven't been posting.

Hang in there :hug:

We have been invited up to the lake where my sister has her motor home for a barbecue tomorrow. I will put some ribs in crockpot early in am. Going to make some potato salad and brownies to take.

D1F745A8-5B3C-4862-A4B8-B12D0C6E93E0.jpeg

Quick drop in and will catch up later! Hope all are well.
hiked Devils Tower in Wyoming yesterday. Gave family option of yesterday or July 5-parking lot at base -with the easy Tower trail around base- closed until July 4. So we’d have to hike UP to the base first. 1.5 miles, narrow one person at a time rock filled “trail” ALL UPHILL. Took us an hour. Gorgeous views along the way. Mile around base and then down. Thighs are crying today. This after 5 miles of hiking previous day (with a .6 mile near sprint UP at one place- more to that story). Today was much easier. Tomorrow we pan for gold! Avoiding Keystone today at all costs. Sure you know why! About to head down the block in Hill City for dinner. We’ve had gorgeous weather for most part.

Attachments

• F5C4BA82-D53E-430E-9246-6B4E6D04B790.jpeg
    F5C4BA82-D53E-430E-9246-6B4E6D04B790.jpeg
    209.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 9F34649E-453E-4993-AAC9-112EC2B72908.jpeg
    9F34649E-453E-4993-AAC9-112EC2B72908.jpeg
    101.1 KB · Views: 6
  • A65CD355-46E6-4942-85AC-C4BBF805F4BB.jpeg
    A65CD355-46E6-4942-85AC-C4BBF805F4BB.jpeg
    170.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 980536ED-B7C8-4686-B6C4-07A6C4F55C93.jpeg
    980536ED-B7C8-4686-B6C4-07A6C4F55C93.jpeg
    47.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 81DB712F-E269-4920-85BA-161E536DF9AD.jpeg
    81DB712F-E269-4920-85BA-161E536DF9AD.jpeg
    134.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 39568E62-11A7-4D5C-9542-D466D1923544.jpeg
    39568E62-11A7-4D5C-9542-D466D1923544.jpeg
    91.3 KB · Views: 6
If anyone needs me I will be moving in next to MRose.

Pool anyone?
Great shot.

LOL..........My natural hair is mildly curly and wavy. I use straightening wand on it. If it’s humid and hot I don’t bother as it will be frizzy.
Mine was straight most of my life then started curling a few years ago. I’m trying to embrace the curl, but get a lot of frizz in the summer.

Quick drop in and will catch up later! Hope all are well.
hiked Devils Tower in Wyoming yesterday.
Great pictures. A few years ago one of our theaters was showing Close Encounter of the Third Kind. We took B to see it with us. I think she thought we were a bit crazy.

The ham and Mac & cheese has been put on the back burner again. At 6:30 tonight B informed us that she needed to be at theater rehearsal at 7:00. She picked up something along the way then dh and I went out to eat after dropping her off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter