Something About Nothing............ #14

No ham in our home most of the time. Chicken nuggets for lunch. Easy, abd ice cream cones for dessert. Was hot out. Did some more grocery shopping at one of the big box stores. No brand of hotdogs I wanted there, so will look at another place. Just chilling, hearing neighbors mowing grass. Yeah, some rain, then oh so hot, and our grass grows fast.

Hot enough, will ask DH to light the grill. Picked up some good looking steaks, so I am guessing dinner entree is pretty much decided. Pizza or Chinese will be our Friday dinner tomorrow. Guess that is what I am thinking.

Serene summer afternoon. Ah, watching some English football, puzzling, and enjoying a cup of tea. So perfect, and just heard the AC on, ah yes, perfect.

Hey, DisneyLife, hope you got home today. Stinks you were stuck in the middle of the Country last night. Guessing you had a cancelled or missed travel home? Or was unexpected lay over going? With way, safe travels my friend.

Charade, hope your new Mac is working great. Once we got ours, no much Microsoft in our home now. Older one likes his XBox.

Let`s see......I am thankful for my garden in general.....love spending time in it and just chilling.

And, yes, those eight giant shrimp that I`m going to enjoy all to myself tonight......::yes:: 😁
Both stellar choices. I’m reverting to its 90, stove will be untouched. Well did make bacon when jr breezed by at 11 am

tomorrow, up with birds for road trip here to poke around with oldest DS family. I’m mentally drooling over that yummy Amish food I hope is in abundance. Taking the truck JIK something large calls to me

https://rogersohio.com/

Safe travels Keisha. Yep, we live about an hour and a half drive from PA Amish. Older one is fond of their egg potato salad. We can get it at an Amish market less than an hour drive from home. Where I get my eggs, and sausage that older one likes.

Steak on the grill was very tasty. Added some peppers and onions, and tossed on a tortilla. Added cheese, and dinner served. Full, and relaxing with some tea now.

Went to the mall, just before dinner, as had to pay my bill. We started to walk around after I paid it, and left not much after one level, as way too crowded. At least I got done what I had to. I guess with the stores opening this week, free AC and out of the house was on way too many minds this Thursday evening. Not at the grocery or big box store today, thankfully.

Yay! No alarm needs to be set tonight. Yeah, my head will most likely get me up around the time the alarm would sound. Difference is, like this morning, no need to be moving fast.

Terrific Thursday to all the homies. It’s hot out, so throw back the beverage of your choice. Keep hydrated in this Summer heat.

Wonderful Thursday!!!

Got home and lawn was just getting finished up!!

Wife even said she set the timer up on the sprinkler system since it will turn into a madhouse fireworks show around here starting tomorrow.......

I will end up spending a little on some for my boys....

The last few years though I just like sitting back and watching all the others.....

I’ve thought more than once how many tens of thousands of dollars are spent just on a one or two block radius of me on fireworks...

I will still have a smoker and grill and all the fixins like I always do, I have 8 slabs of ribs that will go in the smoker and 12 ny strips and 20 burgers and 20 hotdogs wife will be making her magic snicker salad for dessert and plenty of other sides and PLENTY of things to wet your whistle.......

So if your in the area stop on by we got plenty!!!

See ya later homies!

Bought the pooch a thunder vest. Supposed to help with the Firework induced anxiety. Never an issue in the past with him, but it’s now off & on all night long, for months.

It’s not dry here, yet, but have big meadow in the middle of nearby woods. Yep, clueless people light them off there. I’m told carloads of people are pulling up pre dusk at small playground/ball field two blocks away. Then, they walk into the woods to reach the field & to set up for the night. No idea if police have been informed or not, that’s the township’s coverage age, who rely on state police after 5 pm. Going to guess it’s considered a low priority for them.

So, we’ve got: trespassing on private property, disregarding brush fire concerns & somehow blithely ignorning the natural gas wells located there. I’d deem it natural selection:rolleyes1but it’s a little too close to my house for comfort. Already had one brush fire last year that I could see from my house before the local fire department managed to extinguish it. Smell was awful for days.

Yep, we live about an hour and a half drive from PA Amish. Older one is fond of their egg potato salad. We can get it at an Amish market less than an hour drive from home. Where I get my eggs, and sausage that older one likes.
That is a great dish! I hadn’t realized that Ohio has a enclave that’s far closer to us than the big one in our own state. We have a few small areas under an hour north east of here but they are very reclusive, no commerce.

Figure no traffic, little over an hour’s drive...well, if we don’t get stuck behind any buggies. Hoping to find a nice country ham, the kind u have to soak pre cooking. They are nearly impossible to get in our area under best circumstances.

Hope all have a lovely weekend.

Bought the pooch a thunder vest. Supposed to help with the Firework induced anxiety. Never an issue in the past with him, but it’s now off & on all night long, for months.

It’s not dry here, yet, but have big meadow in the middle of nearby woods. Yep, clueless people light them off there. I’m told carloads of people are pulling up pre dusk at small playground/ball field two blocks away. Then, they walk into the woods to reach the field & to set up for the night. No idea if police have been informed or not, that’s the township’s coverage age, who rely on state police after 5 pm. Going to guess it’s considered a low priority for them.

So, we’ve got: trespassing on private property, disregarding brush fire concerns & somehow blithely ignorning the natural gas wells located there. I’d deem it natural selection:rolleyes1but it’s a little too close to my house for comfort. Already had one brush fire last year that I could see from my house before the local fire department managed to extinguish it. Smell was awful for days.

That is a great dish! I hadn’t realized that Ohio has a enclave that’s far closer to us than the big one in our own state. We have a few small areas under an hour north east of here but they are very reclusive, no commerce.

Figure no traffic, little over an hour’s drive...well, if we don’t get stuck behind any buggies. Hoping to find a nice country ham, the kind u have to soak pre cooking. They are nearly impossible to get in our area under best circumstances.

Our labs are getting older now 11 and 9 and they seem to be getting more sensitive also during this period, funny thing is they are Champion hunting dogs, although I haven’t had them out in 2 years now, neither one of them would even blink while hunting....

Took a nap when I got home from work today, so I guess now I will be a night owl.

In 12 hours I will be getting my hair cut. It really needs it.

We skipped the ham tonight and went out for Blaze pizza instead. I like going there because I can get something different. When we share a pizza it is always just pepperoni because that is all B will eat.

Charade, hope your new Mac is working great. Once we got ours, no much Microsoft in our home now. Older one likes his XBox.
So far I have just used it to pay bills. Later today we are going to go buy a mouse for it. I hate track pads. I also have to keep reminding myself that a Macbook is not an iPad. I can't keep touching the screen and expect things to happen.

tomorrow, up with birds for road trip here to poke around with oldest DS family. I’m mentally drooling over that yummy Amish food I hope is in abundance. Taking the truck JIK something large calls to me
A road trip sounds like fun. I have never eaten Amish food.

wife will be making her magic snicker salad for dessert
Sounds interesting. Can you share the recipe?

Tonight we spent over 2 hours working on our puzzle. So fat we have worked on it for 12 and a half hours and maybe have a fourth of it complete. I have decided that once it is finished it will be glued and framed.

we were there for MK’s 25th anniversary, so we feel we should be there for the 50th. I wish we could go in October 2021, but that can’t happen.

We are such opposites here. I hate to cook and will use as many shortcuts as I can. Except for desserts. I love making desserts. I just hate cooking main meals.

Now y’all have me craving spaghetti and meatballs. Tonight’s dinner will probably be ham, Mac & cheese, and some sort of green vegetable.

It`s funny we all have our preferences. There are some desserts I make and enjoy them, but I much prefer cooking meals and making up appetisers. Savoury has always been a preference. I am not the best baker, everything turns out fine, but so many of my friends are fabulous bakers.....let them that do it best do it....

I am however making a caramel apple crumble tonight, I like doing that, but that`s so easy. One of the desserts I`ve tried that didn`t turn out the best, was making profiteroles from scratch to make a Croquembouche....very time consuming and looks so good! But my choux pastry was a little....not quite right!! It was eaten but I did get teased a lot about that one! I`ll stick to ice creams, pies and cheesecakes!

A trip will still be nice to plan whenever it happens. Hope you enjoyed that mac n cheese.

Both stellar choices. I’m reverting to its 90, stove will be untouched. Well did make bacon when jr breezed by at 11 am

https://rogersohio.com/

The only 90`s we`ll have here is the amount of rainy days!!!!

That looks like a lot of fun to visit! And Amish food too......sounds a lovely way to spend the day, make sure you buy something nice!!!

Safe travels Keisha. Yep, we live about an hour and a half drive from PA Amish. Older one is fond of their egg potato salad. We can get it at an Amish market less than an hour drive from home. Where I get my eggs, and sausage that older one likes.

Steak on the grill was very tasty. Added some peppers and onions, and tossed on a tortilla. Added cheese, and dinner served. Full, and relaxing with some tea now.

Went to the mall, just before dinner, as had to pay my bill. We started to walk around after I paid it, and left not much after one level, as way too crowded. At least I got done what I had to. I guess with the stores opening this week, free AC and out of the house was on way too many minds this Thursday evening. Not at the grocery or big box store today, thankfully.

Yay! No alarm needs to be set tonight. Yeah, my head will most likely get me up around the time the alarm would sound. Difference is, like this morning, no need to be moving fast.

Terrific Thursday to all the homies. It’s hot out, so throw back the beverage of your choice. Keep hydrated in this Summer heat.

I`m exactly the same Lynne.....no alarm needed usually! Enjoy that special long weekend, glad you have some lovely weather too. It`ll be just take out for us Saturday night as we can`t have the party we were hoping to have.....it`ll keep!

Food sounds so good........

Yep, some animals have a terrible time with fireworks.....same with some folks with PTSD too. I hate hearing them, pretty as they are, thankfully we don`t have them this weekend. But, there`s always one. Not so much where we are now, but in the place we used to live it was competition city to see who could have the loudest and longest displays from certain families. Downtown Beirut would have been a more peaceful place!

Yes, the Darwin award people seem to be out in force at certain times of the year......hope there`s no damage around you.

Love those hams!! We can order them from our butcher and always a popular choice when I do one!!

I want to visit Keisha this July 4th ::yes::......food is always outstanding and plentiful!!!!! Have fun today and a lovely weekend :wave2:

Yep, it is still raining here this morning......doubt it`ll stop anytime soon. No high temps here this weekend!

Today, got some laundry to do, and not much else! Housework is all done and sadly guest rooms will remain empty as no July 4th party with friends is going ahead now! Such a shame as we were all looking forward to it. So much opening up over here this weekend and the worry is some pubs will be overwhelmed by folks rushing to go for the first time in months.

Our local ones are opening for limited hours, but we are quite a small place......towns and cities will be different. We`re in no rush to go to the pub. Maybe in a few weeks we`ll go back for a meal.....during the week when its quieter as many are back at work now.

Chicken curry has been requested tonight.....will make a madras style, I do have a couple of jars of lime pickle tucked away somewhere and plain old rice I think.

Lunch is turkey sandwiches.....simple but so good!

Bacon up soon.................

cv2028-S.jpg

cv2095-X2.jpg

cv3008-M.png

Happy Friday.........😁

NOT going to be me........😁

Finally the salon is answering the phone.....

and I have my hair appointment on Monday morning....first one of the day :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Cannot wait for this!! May hair is far too long and not sure hwat`s happened to the roots........:rolleyes1

Big Woot! Schumi will be blonde again in Monday! Yay, for getting an appointment so close now. It did feel good. And while all agreed my white blonde looked like it blended well, even little one said, after I came home from the salon, mom it looks great. So, I know you will hear that too, Schumi. And I had to post, bacon was mentioned. LoL

Very sunny start to the day. Nice, long shower, as felt so hot yesterday. Well, today, high is 95, and weather lady said will be the hottest feeling day we have had this year. And with that high humidity, high temp, you get those chances of rain later in the day. And ooh, Dsis asked me to come up today, to help her get ready for our small family to enjoy the 4th at her house. You can bet, pool time will surely be done, as we make food for Saturday.

So,

08732295-5F09-467C-AA5B-87DE85E36552.jpeg

Time for a tea pot refill. Fabulous Friday, homies.

And yeah Charade, still working on my puzzle too. Harder one.

Good morning Sans family :wave2:

BC08B127-5664-416E-A8D6-2670115C0943.jpeg

BCEDEE80-85B4-4C90-BD81-91409D813357.gif

Oh enjoy that hair salon today Robo.......how lovely!! And baby cuddles....even nicer!

Thank you, I have happy hair......no gray. I enjoyed my time with sweet great nephew. He is such a happy baby.

Petticoat tails is the easiest recipe you will ever read......honestly, simple and completely fail proof!

Thank you for sharing the recipe.....I’am looking forward to to trying it. They look delicious.

Ooh and Robo, I get to enjoy covering my white blonde hair later today too. Was so happy to hear from the salon to say, appointments open.

Great to hear you were able to get an appointment.

. I know the floor manager at Ocean Prime isn’t a fan of It. Some places really don’t need that promotion.

I took my sister last September to Ocean Prime expecting to have a nice quiet dinner when I was in town for HHN. I didn’t understand what was going on as the place was packed with people. It was during the week also. Then when the waiter arrived we were given the promotion menu and no other menu was offered. It was pretty loud. Service was good, food was delicious and my sister loved the berries and bubbles drink.

Yesterday was sad. I canceled my Aug flights To MCO. Just made it so final. Will have to think of something else local for August. Maybe drive up to Whistler for a few days. It’s only a 2 hr drive. Very scenic too.

Sorry to hear that Sue, but good news on getting your ressie for PBH.

Robbie & Lynn - happy hair days:). That should be a thing

Yes, that is a good phrase to use......LOL...the girls at the salon say they have seen some pretty bad pandemic hair. After some color, cut and styling happy hair it is.

We still have that sort of set up in my neighborhood. Frustrating to see folks a block away with power when we are literally in the dark.

We also thought it was odd the people across the street would have lights on before us now we know why.

Dh heard today that she has filed an appeal. Good luck with that. She also asked him if there was anything she could do to pass the class. :rotfl2:

Unbelievable.......not surprised though........I remember the ones who would goof off during the semester then at the very end beg the professor to let them make up papers to pass the class.

I thought about using the quarantine to let my gray grow out, but then I chickened out.

I did to, but not ready to go totally gray yet I guess.

Happy 11th wedding anniversary.......and glad you had a nice time at the beach, kids do love water!

Happy Anniversary

D3E65E39-ACB2-4148-A2BD-5C0F23F3E474.gif

Dig deep & share something, anything. I’ll go first:

garden tomatoes

Just being outside in the sunshine listening to the birds sing.

There is no comparison would just as soon just make meat sauce. Don’t do commercially prepared sauce either, nearly as quick to make it and so much tastier

I made homemade gravy yesterday, meatballs and a pan of lasagna.
Called son to come over and pick some up for their dinner and had him drop some off to granddaughter.

Homemade is always better for sure.

tomorrow, up with birds for road trip here to poke around with oldest DS family. I’m mentally drooling over that yummy Amish food I hope is in abundance. Taking the truck JIK

Have fun......we have a good Amish restaurant that’s about an hours drive from here. They also have a quilt auction once a year that is slammed with people. The quilts are gorgeous.

I have 8 slabs of ribs that will go in the smoker and 12 ny strips and 20 burgers and 20 hotdogs wife will be making her magic snicker salad for dessert and plenty of other sides and PLENTY of things to wet your whistle.....

Wow......now that’s a meat lovers spread for sure. Sounds delicious.

and I have my hair appointment on Monday morning....first one of the day :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Good for you.....now as Keisha would say.....you will have happy hair.

Have a wonderful Friday Sans family.

755CD655-CB6D-4E02-B35B-4D9937F5691F.jpeg

44F27424-8593-4899-8799-3D70C052F698.jpeg

Here is what I am told @Charade67 !!!

6 apples cored and chopped, usually Granny Smith

6 snickers chopped up

1 5oz box instant vanilla pudding mix

1/2 cup milk, my wife uses whole milk

1 container of cool whipp about 12 oz

1/2 cup caramel sauce

Sometimes she’ll add a cup of small marshmallows also but not always

Whisk up milk and pudding in a decent size bowl, then fold in cool whipp

Then apple’s and snickers and optional marshmallows

Then drizzle caramel sauce

Then store in the fridge or try not to eat it all before it gets into the fridge!

Yay, for Robo too! Salon, happy hair, yes! So nice you also got to enjoy time with your great nephew. Sweet babies, when they are so pleasant. Nice you made delicious food to share too. Yeah, it is not like I cannot cook, it just is speed on week days. But pasta and red sauce is easy to make, so we always have some version of pasta, with or without red sauce during the week.

And Charade, we have a Snap pizza place that we like to go to when everyone wants something I don’t like on their pizza. I can tolerate the pizza they call green goddess. I usually steal a piece, and share my plain one. Fast pizza, and brought right to your car. That may be our dinner tonught, maybe nit. If we happen to be at my Dsis’s place, we may get a pizza from her pizza place, as it’s very good. They only do large, so we get half plain, half meatball. If older one comes with me today, then there may only be a slice or two left over. Any left over, do not last long. One if the few foods we do a doggie bag. Most other take out, left over, goes in the trash, as I know no one will eat it.

Good morning everyone. I slept in late because I had crazy dreams that kept waking me up all night.
Today is haircut day and then a little shopping.

I am however making a caramel apple crumble tonight, I like doing that, but that`s so easy. One of the desserts I`ve tried that didn`t turn out the best, was making profiteroles from scratch to make a Croquembouche....very time consuming and looks so good! But my choux pastry was a little....not quite right!! It was eaten but I did get teased a lot about that one! I`ll stick to ice creams, pies and cheesecakes!
I had to google all of those except the caramel apple crumble. I don't think I will be attempting any of those pastries.

Yes, that is a good phrase to use......LOL...the girls at the salon say they have seen some pretty bad pandemic hair. After some color, cut and styling happy hair it is.
I have seen so many videos of women trying to cut/color/bleach their own hair. Most have disastrous results. I can color my own gray hair, but I would never attempt to completely change the color myself. B wants to try red hair, but doesn't want it to be permanent. I'm going to ask my stylist about that today.

And Charade, we have a Snap pizza place that we like to go to when everyone wants something I don’t like on their pizza. I can tolerate the pizza they call green goddess.
Is that a veggie pizza? Last night my pizza was white sauce with pesto, ham, mushrooms, spinach, basil, and artichokes.

DLPN - That recipe looks good. I will have to give it a try.

Speaking of food, I learned that there is a new restaurant in town that will be serving Cuban food. We will have to go there sometime. That's one of the things I miss from Miami.

Lynne......Glad you’re happy with your hair.....I can’t wait!! And yes, always welcome for bacon......

Robo........I’m sorry Ocean Prime wasn’t the usual standard we’ve had over the years. But, Magical Dining does have a negative impact on some restaurants......they just don’t need it.

Happy hair.......yes indeed......my hair will be happy come Monday......me too!! I let it dry completely naturally a few weeks ago......no hairdryer or straighteners........Kyle took one look at me when he came out of the office for lunch and looked rather alarmed and asked me if I felt ok.......lol.......it was a bit wild!!

Have a great weekend Robo.......

Charade........profiteroles are supposed to be really easy......I didn’t find them so......that type of pastry has always eluded me slightly.....and why Tom never gets homemade chocolate eclairs......but Croquembouche once you have the pastry mastered is easy to make up......but looks amazing!!!

Happy new hair to you too today.....and nice find on the Cuban place......

Still finishing off the curry, making chocolate ice cream for Kyle, brought washing in before the rain came bouncing down and trying to answer 3 people’s txts all at the one time........I know us women can multi task.......but........heck!!

The washing dried as it has been blowing a hoolie all afternoon......rain was supposed to be appear earlier, but took a chance......All of a sudden I saw Tom sprint.....yes sprint last me to head out to bring the washing in.......glad to say it was all dry.

Curry smells gorgeous!!!

Planning to watch the story of Jeffrey Epstein on Netflix tonight.......should be interesting!!

Glass of wine poured......all is well.........

Hey mac........:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!