Something About Nothing ... #12

Yeah, me too Mac. Amazing all survived. And, one of my ads in my Facebook feed offfered cave tours...er, no. Why?

Fading fast, 10 o’clock news is same old stuff. Heard it at 5 and 6. With that, good night to all, and to all sweet dreams. Camel day coming up when you wake up tomorrow.

Tink - Bummer about the hotel. I hope your drive home isn’t too long.

Robo - Welcome back.

I have never cared for caves, even the touristy ones that are supposed to be safe. I don’ tthink I will ever go into one again. I saw a little bit of the news of the rescuers going into he caves. Scary stuff.

Hi Robbie :wave2: good to see you back .

Sitting at Steak and Shake waiting on our food...the diet is really blown now...although I am having a chocolate shake with my burger and fries so I'm partially sticking to our chocolate and booze diet :duck:

Not looking forward to the 70+ mile trip home.

Pork steaks on the grill for us tonight

Grill cooking is the best!!!!

I heard that once you take the lid off a carton of ice cream all the calories fall out-

Since I read that on the internet, it must be true ck........:D

Hotel lost our reservation :sad:

Expedia says they can't do anything except refund our money as the hotel is fully booked and no available rooms in the area >:(

I said that this was unacceptable and they gave me a $150 voucher plus refunded my money...at least the hotel let us park for free. I really think it's a hotel overbooking problem as I spoke with a few people who were checking in and they said they had to contact the 3rd party booking site to get it straight. One used Hotels.com and the other used travelocity.

Lesson learned...always contact the hotel before checkin.

At the ballpark now but still having fun in spite of it all :flower1:

Oh no Vicki!!! That sucks!!! Totally not acceptable to lose a booking. Never used Expedia or any of those sites, but have read a few things recently about issues with them.......I’m sure many do have good experiences, but when you have that happen, you can understand folks anger!!

Glad you’re not letting it get you down though......

View attachment 336128

Well I’am back from a 2 week R&R. Poked my head in here on the Sans a couple of times and you have all been busy.

A few page round up in honor of the ones Mac used to do.

Mac is hot in Georgia and her husband is in Dutch for chopping on the rose bushes.

Schumi is getting waxed and eating chew chew ice cream, enjoying an English heat wave and has the biggest wine glasses known to man....::yes::

Monyk is enticing her cuddle diva chicken with meal worms.

Ckmiles is dreaming of empty cartons of ice cream.

Lynne is having rash cream sent to lockers.

Pattyw is counting calories at the wine bar....I say throw out the wine calories and borrow a wine glass from Schumi and drink up :drinking1

Tink and Mac have come up with a chocolate and booze diet.......I’am in......:worship:

Tgrgrl is having tacos at ballet class.

Charade67 will be the recipient of 1105 but shots on the copier free of charge by Mac. That’s a cheeky idea.....LOL......BUN INTENDED........

Keisha has dibs on the dungeon room at the new Sans digs...she came up with this idea while sitting in a rocking chair on Tom Sawyers Island......have you seen fifty shades of......oh never mine.....the dungeon is yours.......LOL

Nice to see you Robbie........and glad you’ve been resting.........you would love my wine glasses!!! Everyone loves my huge wine glasses........lol.......

Take care.........:hug:

I am watching the special it the Thai boys rescue

Have watched and prayed since the news broke on it two weeks back

Been following it here too.......looked like it was going to have a bad outcome at the beginning of it all for those boys.........but glad they’re all out. Bet they don’t do that again!

:wave2: Hey Kfish...........nice to see you.........hope all is good..........

One more sleep till NYC and Orlando party:well, 2 actually as we have overnight at airport first :goodvibes..........but our trip starts tomorrow........

Slept like a baby last night! Usually few nights before we leave I just can’t.........

This morning I am taking a walk along the shore with my friend and her new lab Poppy.........haven’t been out with them since her first walk weeks back......she is adorable! And no I won’t be getting one..........:dog: dogs are far too tying and too much work!! All that walking in cold wet miserable winter mornings.........no thanks.......

Then some last minute grocery shopping so Kyle doesn’t need to shop till Sunday, and few last minute things for us that we may need.....

And I may throw some things in the suitcases.......maybe.

And that’s about it...........apart from avoiding a certain football game tonight......well, I am Scottish!!! :D

Have a great Wednesday..............:wave2:

Morning Schumi, Wahoo for the countdown. One more sleep, then airport, then NYC. Summer visits are the best. Lightweight clothes. Room for purchases. LOL
Labs usually love water. Mine both did. Great swimmers too, that doggie paddle. LOL

Tink, I hope your ride home was quick. That totally sucks, that hotel dropped the ball. How were the fireworks? I hope they were nice. And a great way to end the night at a S&S. Milkshakes have milk in them, so they must be good for ya.

Well, it's Wednesday. And Keisha has not surfaced. Must be having fun with GD, the dog, and helping offspring. Hope all is well with ya Keisha.

Hey, a Kfish sighting. Hope all is well with your family too. I am sure the kids are enjoying the summer, and getting older. So cute kids.

upload_2018-7-11_6-59-54.jpeg - see cat lovers. It is Wednesday. The Catmal is here. Must mean if we get over this hump of the day, Schumi's officially on vacation, and the rest of us have 2 more days of the work week.

Have a wonderfully, sunny, summer day Wednesday.

The sun is up, my tea is ready. Later homies. Stay safe, happy, and healthy.

Good Morning!- Happy Hump Day- Im at my desk trying not to smack the guy sitting next to me who has his conference call on speakerphone. So Rude!

Waving Hi to Lynne; Robo; Mac; tink; charade; Kstar; Schumi- my apologies if I missed anyone-this thread moves really fast! (its hard to do my job and post!) Maybe I should quit my job.....:thumbsup2

Lynne- Enjoy your tea! Love the catmal!

Schumi- 1 more sleep YAY!

Morning!
ckmiles- had to chuckle about your coworker...my cubemate used to slurp any type of liquid in the most annoying way and it was all I could do to not grab my scissors & end the misery. :teeth:
Tink- unbelievable about the hotel!!! Glad there was some sort of compromise though. Steak & shake milkshakes are known to put people in a good mood. If they would start adding alcohol shots to them, that would actually be a lot better, now that I think about it.

We are still on kitten watch but the mama cat is very restless & not happy about being confined. She keeps climbing the lanai screen to try to get to the poor scrub jay nest in the tree just outside the lanai. She climbed too high yesterday and fell into our pool when she jumped down. Ugggh!! I was watching the whole thing and it was like slow motion, me saying “Oh no!” and trying to get the slider door open and the pool net but she is very scrappy and pulled herself out of the pool before I could even get to her. TG though because I actually have no idea how I would have gotten her out without being scratched & bit to High Heaven. I am hoping she settles down soon.

Enjoy the rest of hump day! We are driving around to the local 7-11’s for free slurpee day! One cannot have too many Slurpees!!!

Need your phone to play loud music, CKmiles. That is annoying. I enjoy tea. Ready for my second cup. The AC is really cranking this morning.

Sounds like fun Tgrgrl, 7-11 surfing. I am not fond of Slurpees, but free, is free, so I may try to get one on my way home. Poor cat, you'd think she'd be wanting to settle down. Maybe not ready to give birth yet. Glad she did not hurt you. Picture?

Is anyone else getting loads of surveys from Universal Orlando right now??

More than usual I mean........

They ditched me months ago it seems. Going to guess it was because I took off my rose tinted glasses and told them how I felt ‘bout a few things lol

We call them Frosties over here......my friends Granddaughter asked the staff in club lounge if they had Frosties once and they said no they didn’t serve ice cream or iced treats at breakfast..........confused a 6 year old who had never been to America before......lol.......

I hear you Vicki.........I’ve put on about 14lbs since last year.........it happens.

Been told we live too good a lifestyle.........:rolleyes1

It’s not easy though........I’ve given up now till after this trip.........then will work on it.........you’ll do fine I’m sure..........:hug:

No real grocery stores within 20 miles RT. A super WM & Sams tends to fill the bill for all but the ‘big’ grocery runs. Cereal eaten dry by my kids/GD as a snack, horror upon horrors, we ran out. Only thing still open was Dollar General, which i haven’t entered in months. Only offers off brand cereal. Grabbed a fruit loop imposter, Fruity Hoops. Family still giggling over that name but said they couldn’t tell the difference in taste. Lol works for me as far cheaper.

I always use cash

This way Mr Mac never knows what sweets I am buying

And then he believes me that I eat healthy and can’t lose weight

Lol

Never leave a paper trail

One of the top 5 strategies for a long, happy marriage. Well, unless your are married to a forensic accountant.

Oh no it wasn’t Kyle asking for lunch........it was Tom wondering what was for lunch! They were talking takeaways for tonight as I walked in......

Kyle is more than capable..........but, he’s going to Subway to meet some friends for lunch........we have decided to go with honey roast ham wraps with celery nut and sultana salad........and some jalapeños in there too.......

Yep, 4.30 for dinner is early!!! I’d be starving by 9pm!

Have a good day Lynne........

Celery nut & sultana salad sounds mighty exotic.

Good afternoon. I’m on my lunch break, so I’m posting from my phone.

I’m one of the ones who rarely has any cash. It seems to disappear so easily.

Tgrgrl - We are similar with appointments today. I didn’t realize I had scheduled B with both the eye doc and dentist today. She also has a music lesson after her dental visit. My daughter takes ballet too, but doesn’t have classes during the summer.

Ckmiles - Welcome. I think I would be okay with Weight Watchers next to Ben and Jerry’s. I have only purchased ice cream from them once. I thought it was overpriced.

Patty - My husband loves Tim Hortons. I think we have one in the VA beach area, but that’s too far from us. Last time we were at Disney he bought a huge can of their coffee in the Canada section of EPCOT.

Tink - Hope you have a great night at the ballpark.

Found out today that school schedules are being sent out next week. This summer is just flying by.

Tasted Tim Hortons first time in Ontario long time ago. Was thrilled to see Kcups show up in rotation!!! Thank you amazon for shipping that 72 count box each month :)

Hotel lost our reservation :sad:

Expedia says they can't do anything except refund our money as the hotel is fully booked and no available rooms in the area >:(

I said that this was unacceptable and they gave me a $150 voucher plus refunded my money...at least the hotel let us park for free. I really think it's a hotel overbooking problem as I spoke with a few people who were checking in and they said they had to contact the 3rd party booking site to get it straight. One used Hotels.com and the other used travelocity.

Lesson learned...always contact the hotel before checkin.

At the ballpark now but still having fun in spite of it all :flower1:

No way, yes it’s awful news to hear. Haven’t had it happen with expedia but did with priceline & hotwire when it’s busy time frame/we checked in late. My theory is the hotel resells the room for much higher rate and cries wolf/mistake.

You do have to deal with the vendor/3rd party but in addition to the voucher & refund, they should’ve found you a hotel room and comp’d your transportation costs since out of the intended area in which your originally booked. I’d send an email to customer relations and tell them you are not satisfied.

Hey! Lynne. Yes I will be there for HHN this year. Will be nice to see you too.

Looking forward to HHN for sure this year. Sounds like it’s going to be fun.

If ever a person needed a vacation! Here’s to smooth sailing the rest of the year for you

I am watching the special it the Thai boys rescue

Have watched and prayed since the news broke on it two weeks back

Have been following, love how the country & it’s agencies pulled together so quickly. Many international divers volunteered too. I surely wasn’t expecting such a positive outcome since it was stated most of the boys couldn’t swim, let alone dive.

Struck me how they wisely chose to medicate the boys to keep them calm and all safe. Here you’d have to go thru so many committees & regulations, the boys would likely have been stranded by the oncoming monsoons.

Tink - Bummer about the hotel. I hope your drive home isn’t too long.

Robo - Welcome back.

I have never cared for caves, even the touristy ones that are supposed to be safe. I don’ tthink I will ever go into one again. I saw a little bit of the news of the rescuers going into he caves. Scary stuff.

I am rather claustraphobic but enjoy exploring caves. Love the stillness, a very zen sort of thing akin to snorkling for me.

Morning Schumi, Wahoo for the countdown. One more sleep, then airport, then NYC. Summer visits are the best. Lightweight clothes. Room for purchases. LOL
Labs usually love water. Mine both did. Great swimmers too, that doggie paddle. LOL

Tink, I hope your ride home was quick. That totally sucks, that hotel dropped the ball. How were the fireworks? I hope they were nice. And a great way to end the night at a S&S. Milkshakes have milk in them, so they must be good for ya.

Well, it's Wednesday. And Keisha has not surfaced. Must be having fun with GD, the dog, and helping offspring. Hope all is well with ya Keisha.

Hey, a Kfish sighting. Hope all is well with your family too. I am sure the kids are enjoying the summer, and getting older. So cute kids.

View attachment 336236 - see cat lovers. It is Wednesday. The Catmal is here. Must mean if we get over this hump of the day, Schumi's officially on vacation, and the rest of us have 2 more days of the work week.

Have a wonderfully, sunny, summer day Wednesday.

The sun is up, my tea is ready. Later homies. Stay safe, happy, and healthy.

Busy, busy bee I am and loving it. Well, not the waking up @ 3 am but at my age always glad to open my eyes each am :)

Sounds like fun Tgrgrl, 7-11 surfing. I am not fond of Slurpees, but free, is free, so I may try to get one on my way home. Poor cat, you'd think she'd be wanting to settle down. Maybe not ready to give birth yet. Glad she did not hurt you. Picture?

Excuse the messy lanai but here is Mama cat (aka Marshmallow).

Attachments

• B0395BFD-9A0C-4096-8870-A67E08795B5F.jpeg
    B0395BFD-9A0C-4096-8870-A67E08795B5F.jpeg
    78.7 KB · Views: 7
Happy hump day!
I´ve missed quite a few post because we were moving this weekend and I havent been able to use my computer until now.
Schumi your trip is just around the corner :)

We have a trip to Ikea planned when my husband finishes work. We have ridiculous amount of board games that need new shelves :yay:

Aww, thanks Tgrgrl. She does have quite a bit of white, so appropriate name. Resting I see.

Hey, Keisha, glad to see you're alive and kicking.

Mac, hope you are feeling well, and enjoying a cup of coffee with a cat on your lap.

Mikki, nice to see what you have been up to. Moving is stressful, coming and going. New shelves are always nice. Good luck on your Ikea run.

Sigh, hungry and tea is not cutting it. What for lunch. May have to see what zap a meal I have in the break room freezer. Lunchtime yet?

Tgrgrl- slurping would drive me insane! Marshmallow is very cute! Im glad she wasnt hurt in her climbing adventure (and you were not scratched) I hope we get some kitten photos too!

Lynne- I hope your lunch is tasty!

Welcome back, Robo! Thanks for your summary!! I needed it! I'm so behind here!! Been a busy couple of days at work- trying to get everything in order.

We leave tomorrow for Raleigh & OBX!!:cool1:We'll spend two days in Raleigh and head over to OBX on Saturday for three days. Raleigh/Durham is our dream retirement place. We've checked out real estate online. The one thing we noticed was that it's hard to find a house with a basement in the south. I would miss it so! When I told Joe that if we move south and don't have a basement, the mountains of tools and other assorted "stuff" have to go, he said "Snow isn't that bad, right??" Wrong!

Have a great trip Schumi!

Patty, we don't have a basement, just a crawl space. DH keeps all his stuff in the garage. Safe travels tomorrow. It is a nice place to retire. Any beach in general, where it's warm, is good enough for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter