Something About Nothing ... #12

E4A5BC72-3BB4-4161-8704-9F7FB2AE1435.jpeg Oh my goodness, thanks so much for all the sweet birthday wishes!! I had a huge surprise last night when my husband came home from work & my mom, who lives 12 hours away, walked into the house with him!!! We had a wonderful brunch today at my friend’s restaurant/bakery and before we even received our food, she gave us this awesome container of goodies to snack on.

Lynne-I wish I could share them with you to make up for the disappointing cookie. Cake for breakfast is my favorite.

I have never lived in a house with a basement. I am afraid my repressed hoarder instinct would come out if I had one.

I love the chattyness of this page. I feel like we are all sitting around a big table just sharing our day with each other.

Hope everyone is enjoying the rest of the day!!!

Tgrgrl you bet we are a chatty group of homies!

It’s a very nice group of peeps and we welcome anyone that even sneezes our way
Lol

Our temps were stinking hot and humid all day

Just now out temps have fallen down to 93
Normally I don’t do errands after 11 or before 8 in the evening but today had to do two trips out to places

Had to get my vehicle plate sticker and second trip to a store

Ran the car in the garage until it was cool

Now I need to go out later tonight to fill up the car

Today is to be the “coolest temp”
over the next 5 day

Dinner here will be simple tonight
Grilled tuna sandwiches and 3 vegetable dishes

Easy peasy cooking

Hope Wednesday checks in soon to let us know when her surgery will happen
I think she has another week and a half left to go

Tgrgrl, what a sweet surprise for your birthday. And sounds like a lush birthday brunch. And oh, I will have cake for breakfast.

To make up for boring lunch, little one and DH are busy, so older one asked for dinner out. Yum, Jewish deli.

Thanks all for the welcome back :wave:. We are one big happy Sans family as Mac says and it’s nice to see what everyone is up too.

Happy birthday to Tgrgrl

056DC4AA-42EE-40FC-AC8C-81507C9147F8.gif

Yeah! Schumi and hubby are on their way to a great vacation. You should be sleeping by now in preparation of your flight tomorrow. Hope you and hubby get some rest. Have a great time visiting your family in New York. Enjoy the sun in Orlando.

C7199EED-DF04-428A-8D76-9CBDFED55BFB.jpeg

EE76ECEB-A1B3-4783-8856-F5C9E8C33105.jpeg

Good evening everyone. B is at her last driving lesson, dh went to theater rehearsal, so it's just me and the cat for a couple of hours.

This afternoon at work I called the insurance company and was about 20 minutes into the conversation and got disconnected. I called back. Apparently the rep I was talking to had her system crash in the middle of our call. By now it was almost time for me to go home, so I just told her I would call back on Monday. Yay, something to look forward to over the weekend. :crazy2:

I'm a little late to the party but...Happy Birthday TgrGrl!

517nm1.jpg

:bday: Tigergirl!!

Pattyw - When I lived in SC, we had a walk-out basement. The home was built into a hill. It meant we had lots of natural light in most of the basement but still had the perks of a basement. We used one room that didn't have windows as our tornado safe room and media room. It was an awesome movie room. So maybe look for an area with a hill or two.

Sounds like a good idea! At home I wouldn't want to live in a hilly area due to the snow in the winter, but no worry in the south!

Patty- Enjoy your trip!

Safe travels patty

Hope pattyw has a safe trip there

Thanks!!!:)

I miss not having a basement
Could store a lot in them

Yep- love the storage room in our basement!

Happy Thursday evening! Had a busy travel day! We arrived in Raleigh this afternoon- all are exhausted!! So, we headed out to our favorite local restaurant- the Pit- for authentic NC BBQ! YUMMY!!! Made a quick stop at the grocery store for some water, snacks, and wine! Will make an early night of it!!

OMG, never, ever got a pin from the mouse. What in the mail? A dark side one? Have to call and see if better rate than my SMSM one for August. Doubt very much could best my October one. Wahoo.

Rolled back home, with slice of cheesecake. Had to make tea, and nibble on it. Will save it for breakfast tomorrow, though if little one sees it, may not be even a crumb left. Doggie boxes in the fridge, DH and her may polish them off later tonight.

1E558E83-97B3-475C-B084-3A1A96D618E2.gif

So do what I do Lynne

I make a note and tape it to the styrofoam container

“Don’t touch or I will break your fingers”

That usually is understood in my house as do not eat my cake or whatever sweet that it is in the box

Of course I never leave those notes right before mother’s Day or Christmas

Will save it for breakfast tomorrow, though if little one sees it, may not be even a crumb left. Doggie boxes in the fridge, DH and her may polish them off later tonight.

The boys used to put their names on their food and then put a note on it "I already licked this!" That would totally make the other grossed out enough that they wouldn't touch the food!

So do what I do Lynne

That usually is understood in my house as do not eat my cake or whatever sweet that it is in the box

Of course I never leave those notes right before mother’s Day or Christmas

Smart move!!

So, after our whopping three hours of sleep last night, everyone is beat! Kyle and Erin turned in for the night in their room, and Joe is LOUDLY snoring here! And I can't sleep- so here I am!!

Hi all! Apologies for not addressing all of you personally but I have to make my posts quick because I usually have a little ankle biter nudging or climbing on me,

So cliff note update....

Sad news...my uncle passed away in May rather unexpectedly...as my aunt was undergoing treatment for breast cancer. Been rough but the light at the end of the tunnel is that she just finished radiation and she has been deemed cancer free.

Went back to work in June (just for three weeks) and am now off for the summer. Just took a week long vacation around the northeast. Went to the dude ranch (the one where I broke my back) and had a great time, then to a place called Dutch Wonderland in the Amish town of Lancaster, PA. Tryin get to take as many weekend getaways as I can this summer. Our next Orlando trip is mid-August.

Kiddies are great. Chris starts kindergarten in September, Lucas is being a toddler, and Charlie I sent almost six months old. I will try and post a pic when I figure out those sites that I always manage to screw up.

Have a great Friday and weekend everyone!

Dinner tonight was wine, cheese and crackers. Met with the past president and secretary of my women’s service club tonight at secretaries house. Little ones all over the place, makes me nostalgic for the toddler years (so dang funny!). Home- final glass of wine on patio while chickens make their way to roost. Back to work tomorrow. Chicago was fun, did sunset architectural boat tour- fabulous. Dinner at a couple nice places. Had a couple ideas to share with companies communications director- turns out she’s a DCP alum from year after me and DH!
We have full lower level walkout basement here-2 beds/bathroom, office and second living area. House is really getting too big but can’t give up yard!

So do what I do Lynne

Yeah the kids mark their leftovers with warnings to DH...

Chris starts kindergarten in September, Lucas is being a toddler, and Charlie I sent almost six months old. I will try and post a pic when I figure out those sites that I always manage to screw up.
That baby is SIX months old?! Wow and kindergarten! Toddlers are so fun but challenging.

Time to lock the ladies up and get in shower and bed. At least it’s almost the weekend!

Sorry to hear of your Uncle and Aunt, Kfish. Thanks for an update of life, and wow, little Chris will go into kindergarten. Time flies. Oh, and we went past Dutch Wonderland a few weeks ago. Gotta go to that Nike outlet. Only about 1 and 1/2 hours drive to Lancaster, and have in law family just past Lancaster, so we go out Rte 30 every so often. When my kids were young, we did DW, and you should check out Knoebels in Columbia County, PA. My kids, when young liked it there too. We would stay up the road in a small motel next to the medical center when visiting that park.

Hi kfish :wave2:

Sorry to hear about your uncle :hug:

Glad that your aunt is cancer free ...so sad she had to go through so much during her battle.

Sounds like you had an eventful summer and please post pics of your boys...bet they're growing like weeds.

No lottery win yet...I mistook the date and the drawing is tonight so there's still hope :laughing:

Have a great night everyone :goodvibes

Eek, all are home now. Time for bed soon.

Glad you got home and enjoyed Chicago, MonyK. Wine sounds good, but finished my tea. No more before bed, as I am already tired.

Night all, sound sleep, wake up with a smile, it will be Friday.

Sad news...my uncle passed away in May rather unexpectedly...as my aunt was undergoing treatment for breast cancer. Been rough but the light at the end of the tunnel is that she just finished radiation and she has been deemed cancer free.

I'm very sorry about your uncle:grouphug: Good news about your aunt!

Chicago was fun, did sunset architectural boat tour- fabulous. Dinner at a couple nice places. Had a couple ideas to share with companies communications director- turns out she’s a DCP alum from year after me and DH!
We have full lower level walkout basement here-2 beds/bathroom, office and second living area. House is really getting too big but can’t give up yard!

Glad you had a nice trip to Chicago! I've never been there, but hear so many good things about the city!

Nice walkout basement!! And yep- so nice to have a big yard. We have about an acre- don't like maintaining it but I'd miss it all the same!

Only about 1 and 1/2 hours drive to Lancaster,

Lancaster, PA is lovely! The Amish shops and restaurants are great!!

No lottery win yet...I mistook the date and the drawing is tonight so there's still hope :laughing:

Hope you are a winner :goodvibes I usually just win a free ticket!

images

Last edited:
Hello Homies! I am back from the lake house where I have been since July 4th. I ran out of data and other than wi-fi at restaurants I was offline. My AC died and I certainly wasn't staying here until the repairman showed up 10 days after I called. I will need to catch up. I did manage to read 4 novels while up north. Gotta entertain myself somehow...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter