• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So Pixar fest isn’t as popular as they expected?

I mean, there's a whole thread here about how people planned their trips to be there when the low-level passes were blocked out... I'd be frustrated to have planned wisely and then get a last-minute change like this.

This is us. MONTHS ago we planned these days specifically when passes were blocked. Can't believe it. Not happy at all.

Although attendance may not be as high as hoped, I imagine the parks are still plenty busy. I think this may have more to do with next years block out schedule than this years attendance. It shows AP holders that blockouts can be lifted when attendance isn't too high. Much easier/nicer to unblock APs if crowds allow than to block. So next summer DAPs are blocked Sun to Fri in June from DL only, however Disney is showing us they could lift the block.

So many annoyances for those of us visiting next week and added local crowds are just the next one. Sigh.

Although attendance may not be as high as hoped, I imagine the parks are still plenty busy. I think this may have more to do with next years block out schedule than this years attendance. It shows AP holders that blockouts can be lifted when attendance isn't too high. Much easier/nicer to unblock APs if crowds allow than to block. So next summer DAPs are blocked Sun to Fri in June from DL only, however Disney is showing us they could lift the block.

So many annoyances for those of us visiting next week and added local crowds are just the next one. Sigh.
I do agree that this is some kind of "damage control" following the announcement of next summer's blockouts. Like, "hey, a bunch of people are probably questioning their APs right now; let's give them a reason to love their APs!"

What's crazy is that in ADDITION to the APs themselves coming, they can also bring friends for 40% off - and since they have such limited days to do this, I imagine it could cause a significance change in attendance on those days.

On the flip side, with limited notice and a lot of people already thinking they're blocked out for the summer, maybe they won't hear about it, or won't hear in time to really make plans?

This is seriously one of the strangest moves I've ever seen by Disney.

I do agree that this is some kind of "damage control" following the announcement of next summer's blockouts. Like, "hey, a bunch of people are probably questioning their APs right now; let's give them a reason to love their APs!"

What's crazy is that in ADDITION to the APs themselves coming, they can also bring friends for 40% off - and since they have such limited days to do this, I imagine it could cause a significance change in attendance on those days.

On the flip side, with limited notice and a lot of people already thinking they're blocked out for the summer, maybe they won't hear about it, or won't hear in time to really make plans?

This is seriously one of the strangest moves I've ever seen by Disney.

I'm hoping its too late for a bunch of people to suddenly come midweek next week with friends. I expect each day might be a bit busier and I'm worried the evenings will be crazy as locals come after work. It's giving me October flash backs.

But, it’s available through September 3 It doesn’t even start until 6/11. Pixar Pier will be open for most of it.
I also keep seeing sponsored posts on FB about that crazy $299 preview night. Not really surprised that ones not a sell out!

The preview night thing is crazy. It's not like there are even actual new rides, just re-themed ones! It'd be one thing if this was for Galaxy's Edge. That I bet they could sell out in seconds!

I don't know. I wouldn't put it past them, especially with the blocking out a single park at a time. They can always say, he look you can still get into DCA. And it's not like you can't get into Disneyland at all...you just upgrade and pay more or buy single day tickets for the park you are blocked out of. I'm also not talking about quite as short notice for adding blockout dates. Maybe more like the 3-6 month range.

I wouldn’t put it past them either. Disney is 100% unconcerned about their out of area passholders. No payment plans for out of state, releasing hours, entertainment schedules and sometimes dining just weeks (days) in advance, last minute announcements of events, etc etc etc.

Yeah but I am sure there is a lawyer somewhere ready to pounce on that contract and how they can’t do that. They’ve sold a service, they can’t change it after the fact.
Are you a lawyer??? Disney can do anything this at anytime. They could close the park due to x, for six months just say sorry. Read corporate law and see what they can. Too many wrong things stated here

Jack

Yeah but I am sure there is a lawyer somewhere ready to pounce on that contract and how they can’t do that. They’ve sold a service, they can’t change it after the fact.

Just because many people don't read the terms and conditions doesn't mean we're not subject to them. Legally I think they're covered. Public relations is a different matter.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/annual-passport-terms-conditions/

"All terms, conditions and benefits including, but not limited to, admission privileges, Blockout Dates, prices, Pass type availability, parking locations, benefits and discounts are subject to restrictions, availability, and change or cancellation without notice at any time."

My post was not intended to argue the legality of Disney changing blackout dates

Last edited:
Just because many people don't read the terms and conditions doesn't mean we're not subject to them. Legally I think they're covered. Public relations is a different matter.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/annual-passport-terms-conditions/

"All terms, conditions and benefits including, but not limited to, admission privileges, Blockout Dates, prices, Pass type availability, parking locations, benefits and discounts are subject to restrictions, availability, and change or cancellation without notice at any time."

Now, if they just didn’t release the blackout date calendar a full 12 months in advance then they could make them whatever they want, that would make more sense to me than setting dates and taking them away. But it does boil down to PR. I cannot image the uproar if they starting knocking off admission dates when people have airfare, hotel, etc booked and paid for based on the Blackout dates published.

Last edited:
But I digress. None of that has anything to do with my original post. It is about discount guest tickets for Annual Passholders

But, it’s available through September 3 It doesn’t even start until 6/11. Pixar Pier will be open for most of it.
I also keep seeing sponsored posts on FB about that crazy $299 preview night. Not really surprised that ones not a sell out!

I was more talking about unblocking the days in June.

Are you a lawyer??? Disney can do anything this at anytime. They could close the park due to x, for six months just say sorry. Read corporate law and see what they can. Too many wrong things stated here

Jack

It doesn't matter in small claims court in California. Anybody can sue for anything for a nominal fee for up to 7500 dollars. And Disney can't hire a local attorney to handle it. They have to send a Disney employee to court. That gets expensive so even if Disney wins in court, they ultimately lose. Not to mention the potential negative media and social media exposure. Everybody loves a David vs Goliath story.

So even though Disney might be well within their legal right to do something, it doesn't mean it would be in their best interest to do so. Especially in this current political and social media climate.

I mean, there's a whole thread here about how people planned their trips to be there when the low-level passes were blocked out... I'd be frustrated to have planned wisely and then get a last-minute change like this.

It's not like it's been empty! At all.

My sister's family has the lowest-level passes, so they went "for the last time this summer" on Tuesday... now they can go eight more days this month?

This is seriously so weird.
Yah that was me. Planned since last August. :mad:

Exactly. I feel we are going to see more frequent changes with the AP calendar than in recent years. They did happen occasionally even after posted during the last few years, but not very often.

This is just crazy to me. I can only imagine the frustration those are feeling that planned the mid/late June timeframe because of blockouts. This is very unmagical of them. Sorry to all those affected :worried:

Universal has done this. I have a pass that was blocked out for the last week of March. About three weeks before that time, I received an email granting a one day unblock for the day of my choice. I couldn't go, but the process was to go online and reserve a specific day to unblock

This is just crazy to me. I can only imagine the frustration those are feeling that planned the mid/late June timeframe because of blockouts. This is very unmagical of them. Sorry to all those affected :worried:

It is frustrating to me. We went last June during the same blockouts and crowds were okay. It was busy because it is summer, but it was manageable. We went in October and it was CRAZY, especially at night when locals got off of work.
Now October was a Fri-Sun visit and people are more likely to visit. So I am hoping things won't be so bad midweek, but I'm still disappointed. This and several closures and shorter hours and Pixar Pier didn't open and, and, and....LOL! I'm sure we'll still have a good time.
Universal has done this. I have a pass that was blocked out for the last week of March. About three weeks before that time, I received an email granting a one day unblock for the day of my choice. I couldn't go, but the process was to go online and reserve a specific day to unblock

I know people aren’t happy about this (and I understand), but this will be the only way some of my friends and family can afford to come visit for a day! They won’t have to drop nearly $200 on admission !!

The 40% discount doesn't bother me. I actually think it is nice of them. The unblocking of the masses at an already busy season does bother me. The Universal idea of any one day would be better than just open season.

I did notice the hours have been extended back to 8AM to midnight for next week. But Fri and Sat are still showing 9AM openings, but have a midnight close. I'm surprised they didn't' extend those days as if I was a local who was suddenly unblocked I would go on Friday night or Saturday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter