So Pixar fest isn’t as popular as they expected?

I'm shocked, and also REALLY surprised to see that they've unblocked APs for certain days this month. Whaaaat?
I know! I don’t think it really affects me much, I wasn’t blocked much to begin with. But this is very odd!!

I'm shocked, and also REALLY surprised to see that they've unblocked APs for certain days this month. Whaaaat?

What better way to get people used to a more dynamic AP blockout calendar than by unblocking some dates first? I wouldn't be surprised to see more of this happen over the next year. Then it won't be so shocking and may seem more justifiable when it goes the other way and they start adding blockout dates to the calendar on shorter notice too if construction or opening dates shift or crowd patterns aren't manageable.

Or a different possibility...maybe they are trying to just generate some higher attendance numbers and overall revenue numbers before the end of the current fiscal quarter.

Or both.

What better way to get people used to a more dynamic AP blockout calendar than by unblocking some dates first? I wouldn't be surprised to see more of this happen over the next year. Then it won't be so shocking and may seem more justifiable when it goes the other way and they start adding blockout dates to the calendar on shorter notice too if construction or opening dates shift or crowd patterns aren't manageable.
I do not believe they will go there and add dates once posted. A lot of AP’s are not local and travel from NorCal, AZ, etc. They would get blocked out after buying airline tickets, hotel, etc. I do not see that happening ever.

I know! I don’t think it really affects me much, I wasn’t blocked much to begin with. But this is very odd!!
I mean, there's a whole thread here about how people planned their trips to be there when the low-level passes were blocked out... I'd be frustrated to have planned wisely and then get a last-minute change like this.

It's not like it's been empty! At all.

My sister's family has the lowest-level passes, so they went "for the last time this summer" on Tuesday... now they can go eight more days this month?

This is seriously so weird.

I do not believe they will go there and add dates once posted. A lot of AP’s are not local and travel from NorCal, AZ, etc. They would get blocked out after buying airline tickets, hotel, etc. I do not see that happening ever.

I don't know. I wouldn't put it past them, especially with the blocking out a single park at a time. They can always say, he look you can still get into DCA. And it's not like you can't get into Disneyland at all...you just upgrade and pay more or buy single day tickets for the park you are blocked out of. I'm also not talking about quite as short notice for adding blockout dates. Maybe more like the 3-6 month range.

Looks like our week just got busier with the socal pass unblocked.

Hmm... They unblocked our pass on Saturday 16. Thats our departure day. I imagine we won't really NEED to go after having 6 days though.

Looks like our week just got busier with the socal pass unblocked.

Hmm... They unblocked our pass on Saturday 16. Thats our departure day. I imagine we won't really NEED to go after having 6 days though.
Ha, we got one whole day!! Lol. We didn’t have that many to begin with, but July 1 would have been better for me.

But walking around in the park in the morning is the best way to get the blood flowing and get some exercise before being cooped up in a car or plane for hours and hours later. This is the argument I always use with my family for why we have to do the park for a couple of hours almost every departure day.

I don't know. I wouldn't put it past them, especially with the blocking out a single park at a time. They can always say, he look you can still get into DCA. And it's not like you can't get into Disneyland at all...you just upgrade and pay more or buy single day tickets for the park you are blocked out of. I'm also not talking about quite as short notice for adding blockout dates. Maybe more like the 3-6 month range.
Yeah but I am sure there is a lawyer somewhere ready to pounce on that contract and how they can’t do that. They’ve sold a service, they can’t change it after the fact.

But walking around in the park in the morning is the best way to get the blood flowing and get some exercise before being cooped up in a car or plane for hours and hours later. This is the argument I always use with my family for why we have to do the park for a couple of hours almost every departure day.
I could definitely go for a few hours and hit a few favorites. Maybe get another ride on Indy since it's closed Mon to Thurs. It will probably depend on everyone else.

On second thought, I now noticed that SoCal passes can go that day, too...

ABANDON SHIP! DO NOT VISIT JUNE 16! :scared1:
They can't go Saturday

The dates below are now Good to Go!:

• Deluxe Annual Passport: June 16, 2018
  • Southern California Select Annual Passport: June 11-15 and 18-20, 2018

They can't go Saturday

• Deluxe Annual Passport: June 16, 2018
  • Southern California Select Annual Passport: June 11-15 and 18-20, 2018
But SoCal can. Even though they aren't selling them now, a lot of people still have them.

• Southern California Annual Passport: June 15, 16 and 20-22, 2018

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter