Smucker's premade "Uncrustables" sandwiches

Maybe 1-2 times a year I crave a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and these would definitely fulfill that for me. I’ve never had an uncrustable though and my kids are not big PBJ eaters so I’ve never bought them. I did see oldest DD with them a few times in the fall. I think she said she got them in the vending machines at school. Now I might buy a big box next time I’m at Costco. DH would eat them if no one else will. I’m actually intrigued by the grilled cheese ones. I’ve never seen those here.

Maybe 1-2 times a year I crave a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and these would definitely fulfill that for me. I’ve never had an uncrustable though and my kids are not big PBJ eaters so I’ve never bought them. I did see oldest DD with them a few times in the fall. I think she said she got them in the vending machines at school. Now I might buy a big box next time I’m at Costco. DH would eat them if no one else will. I’m actually intrigued by the grilled cheese ones. I’ve never seen those here.

Apparently the grilled cheese ones have been discontinued.

Just out of curiousity, does the “low sugar” version just have less sugar or do they compensate by adding sweetness or sugar alcohols?

My biggest pet peeve is that low sugar never means less sweet lol. They always just replace the sugar with sorbitol or sucralose or stevia (the worst) rather than just letting something be less sweet.

They use the Smuckers low sugar jam instead of regular. They also use a bread that is whole wheat and has less sugar than the white bread, so that is how they lower the sugar. They are not very sweet. In fact, they are mostly savory with just a hint of sweet from the jam.

Each one has only 6g of sugar. There are no artificial sweeteners or sugar alcohols. I just looked at the ingredients list.

Or, you know, maybe your memory from 20-something years ago is inaccurate.
No, memory is great because they came in a nylon insulated lunch box with the "Uncrustables Grilled Cheese Logo" on it that I still use everyday to take my lunch to work.

Just out of curiousity, does the “low sugar” version just have less sugar or do they compensate by adding sweetness or sugar alcohols?

My biggest pet peeve is that low sugar never means less sweet lol. They always just replace the sugar with sorbitol or sucralose or stevia (the worst) rather than just letting something be less sweet.

This is my pet peeve too! Whenever I try to be good by getting things that advertise less sugar, they always blindside me by adding all of this gross fake sugar stuff with the nasty aftertaste. I started to ignore all products that say "low sugar" on them for that reason, but it's interesting to know that Smuckers is apparently one of the few products that actually means what it says.

No, memory is great because they came in a nylon insulated lunch box with the "Uncrustables Grilled Cheese Logo" on it that I still use everyday to take my lunch to work.

And that somehow proves that the grilled cheese version was the first flavor introduced? Nope, not buying it. And a 20-year old lunchbox? Gross. I can't, for the life of me, understand your luddite pride, from travelers checks to hand crank car windows. I'm honestly surprised you even spend time on social media.

And that somehow proves that the grilled cheese version was the first flavor introduced? Nope, not buying it. And a 20-year old lunchbox? Gross. I can't, for the life of me, understand your luddite pride, from travelers checks to hand crank car windows. I'm honestly surprised you even spend time on social media.
Uncrustables went on sale in 2004. I left the job I got the press kit at in 2005, so that fits the timeline. Not saying it was the only one introduced then. LOL. Sadly, social media is a big part my job now. But you're right, just because it is on social media doesn't mean it's true.

Uncrustables went on sale in 2004. I left the job I got the press kit at in 2005, so that fits the timeline. Not saying it was the only one introduced then. LOL. Sadly, social media is a big part my job now. But you're right, just because it is on social media doesn't mean it's true.
Wrong on all counts. Patent awarded in 1998, first sandwiches launched in 2000, first flavors were grape and strawberry. The grilled cheese ones were indeed launched in 2004, 4 years after the peanut butter and jelly ones.

from the article linked above and from Smuckers website. I knew my kid was a toddler when they were launched so had to go verify:

upload_2019-1-24_7-28-48.png

Wrong on all counts. Patent awarded in 1998, first sandwiches launched in 2000, first flavors were grape and strawberry. The grilled cheese ones were indeed launched in 2004, 4 years after the peanut butter and jelly ones.

from the article linked above and from Smuckers website. I knew my kid was a toddler when they were launched so had to go verify:

View attachment 377890
That's what I get for trusting the Wikipedia page.

Because of this thread I asked my kids last night if they had ever had one and they both YELLED "YESSSSSS!! They are so good, can we get some!!?". So, I told them I had planned to pick some up at Costco tonight...you would have thought it was Christmas!

Thanks for sharing the knowledge, people. You made my kids happy :)

I rarely get these, but they’ve definitely been an emergency meal since they’ve been sold at my places of work. Honestly they’re kind of a guilty pleasure- I like them a lot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter