slo’s FAT TUESDAY 2/13 poll - Paczkis

Paczki - Will you have one and what flavor will you have? (m.c.)

• Yes - I will eat a Paczki

Votes: 16 17.8%
  • No - I will not eat a Paczki

Votes: 66 73.3%
  • Fruit filled (a berry type)

Votes: 10 11.1%
  • Fruit filled (apple, prune and others)

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Custard

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Chocolate

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Cream Cheese

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fruit with cream

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vanilla

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 11 12.2%

• Total voters

....off-topic, but......

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJhG-nfGz_UcaJE-K_xngUq-Kwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ

....we got a [very] late Christmas gift in the mail last week from our DS and his DW. When you roll your Magic Band over the front it lights up green, in a circular motion [just like at the parks!] and says the schpiel, "Welcome, foolish mortals, to the Haunted Mansion....I am your host - your GHOST host} while playing the 4-note organ music. My DH is going to connect it to our home theatre so that it opens the door!
I have one of those!

Never heard of them. As far as I know, not a thing among the Irish-Americans. Of course, I never heard of pierogi until I moved to Pittsburgh.

Last edited:

The real thing is supposedly a 'richer' dough, most likely to find that at an ethnic bakery. What most stores sell now are simply jelly donuts.

The real thing is supposedly a 'richer' dough, most likely to find that at an ethnic bakery. What most stores sell now are simply jelly donuts.

The ones I can get are at least an attempt. They are usually a little more bready than doughnuts, but they aren't quite there, you know? Some are better than others.

^^ I agree. Supposedly the origin of this was that ethnic bakeries were looking for a way to use various ingredients they wouldn't be using during Lent. Therefore, they came up with the Paczki recipe as one way to do that.

Paczki - pronounced 'pownch-key' (or something close to that :rotfl:
I‘ve always just Americanized it to punch-key.

I bought a 4 pack of raspberry jelly filled pączki at the supermarket on Monday.

And, yes, in Poland they’re generally eaten on the prior Thursday before Lent.
Tłusty Czwartek. (Tlos-tee Shvar-tek)

Here it's Shrove Tuesday - Pancake Day. ...Traditionally, it's the thin pancakes - crepes - with Golden Syrup. Mmm. 😋

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter