• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SITE MAPS in GoogleEarth

This resource is no longer available here, sorry.

Hey Shan, we are going to the Fort this weekend and I have a GPSr, I can save tracks, what I am not sure about is if I can retrieve said tracks. Anyway would I need to stop at each site and mark it? Let me know what you need and I will try my best.

Donny

here comes Santa Claus, riding a bike down the loop, with a laptop strapped to the handlebar basket, and a satellite image of the loop on screen. If only they'd have known I had a GPS receiver under my Santa cap!

Oh now THAT is a picture! :rotfl2:

Shan the Man!
This is awesome..... FW should hire you. Anyway before I commit to the GPS deal what exactly did you have in mind...?

Hello Shan-man .......... I totally agree with Comptech!!! FW should definitely put you on their payroll!!!

We just returned back home to North Carolina this evening after spending two great weeks in Florida! I downloaded GoogleEarth tonight and was able to view the 'Outstanding' job you did on this project! Believe me, it will be a big help to many of us that love Fort Wilderness! Thanks for all of your hard work and also thanks to 'all' of the other fine folks that helped you!!!

Doug / datgrt@fw

Thanks so much Shan-Man for this GE!:worship: It is awsome! It sure helps with planning a trip. I really like how some of the sites in the 1500 loop section show a picture of the site, nice...;)

Great Job Shan Man! From looking at Google Earth, it seems that 2100 is much more "foresty" (I just coined a word. haha) than the other cabin loops 2300 and 2500. Can anybody confirm that?

I have just updated to add the latest videos from Tiggntaz's Memorial Day GG trip. Now all the camping loops but 1100 are included, and Matt is promising cabin loops over July 4th! Good things to come. Thanks for the work Matt!

:santa:

Shan please go a grab the 1100 Loop and the 2100 cabin loop.

Also when I am back for the 4th I will try to get the other cabin loops and our GG loop.

This is almost a Fort fix. I can drool over your maps when I get to really missing the Fort in between trips. It's a totally different view than what we get when we're there! Thanks Shan-man!

Speaking as someone who has never been to FW, this is a wonderful map. I really appreaciate the hard work and time it must take to do such a big project. This will really help me figure some things out for our first trip to WDW. :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter