• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sister Wives

I'm a little behind, last show I saw they still didn't decide whether they were going to go along with the one big house which to me looked pretty cool. I mean if you choose this lifestyle seems the way to go but what do I know hehe. Did they do that yet?

But Meri only had the one kid who is now adult, so seems she would be the one that would be taken advantage of in that scenario. From what I have seen it seems to have something to do with jealousy, seeing how much time he spends with one over the other etc.
The kids thing was just one example. But yes, autonomy and jealousy are the main issues.

I'm a little behind, last show I saw they still didn't decide whether they were going to go along with the one big house which to me looked pretty cool. I mean if you choose this lifestyle seems the way to go but what do I know hehe. Did they do that yet?
They’ve decided no on the big house.

Janelle must only have 1 kid left at home.
Logan and Madison moved out years ago.

Garrison and Hunter are in the military.

Didn't Gabe graduate last year from high school? Is he even at home even more?
Doesn't she only have Savanah living at home now?

I love how they need to rent individual homes when they could all pile in together to save money and resources while they improve their land and start building. That just makes too much sense for any of them to think of it. Heck, Kody can rent himself a love nest apt and they can go to him when it's their turn to get some.

Kody losing it over the whole thing was gold and spot on.

Yes.

This is what has always killed me about Mr
Kody Brown. Most of the time the man is bat **** crazy. Then out of the blue he zeros in on an issue and is like a gifted flippin' soothsayer with his brilliant synopsis of a situation.

Then the wind blows in and bat **** crazy makes a return. :rotfl2:

According to recent reports, they have not yet started building on the land in Flagstaff. Kody and Robyn bought a house in Flagstaff, as did Christine. Janelle and Meri are still living in rentals. Now that the Vegas houses are sold, it seems like they should start building (unless they're still arguing about whose house goes where!).

It seems that the big house idea is out. And that's what I don't understand. If you're choosing to live in a "plural family," doesn't that mean you live together as one family? With the proposed design of the big house, it was more like a 4-plex with a common living room and kitchen. Every wife would have her own living unit, her own living room, kitchen, etc. They said because of building codes (the land was not approved for a multi-unit dwelling), there could only be one front door. Christine, in particular, didn't like the idea of everyone seeing her comings and goings. However, I live in a townhome with an attached wall and we have three doors in addition to the front door. One leads off our bedroom into a patio. The other two lead off the kitchen and dining area onto a patio. You can't tell me that the units wouldn't have back doors or patio doors that couldn't be used for more private entry and exit. I think it would really benefit the kids to be able to hang out in the common living room together. When it's time for dinner, their moms call them back to their units. I didn't understand Christine's huge problem with it.

When they lived in Vegas, they were like four neighbors who shared the same dad. When they finally build in Flagstaff, it will be the same situation. They'll have four houses and a dad who jumps between them (or maybe just three since Kody seems to have no interest in Meri anymore). What's the point of having a "plural family" if you're essentially just sharing a dad/husband, getting together for parties once in a while and not much else? I don't get it.

Now that polygamy is decriminalized in Utah, they should just sell the land and move to Utah like they all wanted in the first place. I don’t know why they had such a rush to move, they should’ve waited five years. I think they were in serious financial trouble and really needed to get the equity out of those Vegas houses

I think the one house makes sense from a philosophical/religious/good for the kids perspective, but even though this is a religious calling, the women have made it clear that doesn’t make it easy. I think a lot of them really struggle with jealousy sometimes
they’ve had the luxury of having their own homes for too long to give it up now. I completely agree it’s best for the kids, although I’m not sure it makes financial sense since its creating a property no one else would want in an area with virtually no polygamy

I think Kodi is coming off as a hothead this season. I wish Meri would just leave. Kodi is clearly done with her. I'm glad Robin stood her ground against him, while he went on his rant against Meri.

I think Kodi is coming off as a hothead this season. I wish Meri would just leave. Kodi is clearly done with her. I'm glad Robin stood her ground against him, while he went on his rant against Meri.
This season is extra dysfunctional, which is saying something. I'm not sure if they're trying to go out with a bang or get another season...

This season is extra dysfunctional, which is saying something. I'm not sure if they're trying to go out with a bang or get another season...
I think the move really brought up some core issues with polygamy. And that makes the show interesting again. I was really losing interest in kids getting married and having babies.

agreed. I mean if you really think that marriage is not just for this life but it’s for eternity as they say, then Cody has to put up with Meri forever. she’s driven me crazy before, but his attitude is just making things worse. If he really thinks he’s going to spend his eternity with her, he needs to put in some effort and stop being so damn hostile.

I think the whole conversation about who gets which plot would’ve gone a whole lot better if he had stayed out of it completely. The women should’ve sat down with a map and figured it out themselves and just told him the results.

agreed. I mean if you really think that marriage is not just for this life but it’s for eternity as they say, then Cody has to put up with Meri forever. she’s driven me crazy before, but his attitude is just making things worse. If he really thinks he’s going to spend his eternity with her, he needs to put in some effort and stop being so damn hostile.

I think the whole conversation about who gets which plot would’ve gone a whole lot better if he had stayed out of it completely. The women should’ve sat down with a map and figured it out themselves and just told him the results.

I agree. Meri is being a manipulative prima donna as usual, but Kody is also being a controlling ***. A pox on both of their houses.

On a lighter note, has Christine lost weight? She looks good.

I've been watching since season one. This season is just highlighting how things simply are not working out for this family. I think Meri is really wounded from decades of being in this marriage. I think her pain has led her to manipulative behavior, and acting like a martyr. I see her behavior as a result of profound sadness, so I feel sorry for her. I've never been a fan of Kody for many reasons. However, I actually understood his frustration in this episode. I could see his perspective, and how Meri has been behaving. But the bottom line.......I see such profound sadness in Meri, which I think is the reason for her behavior. I truly wish she could just leave and start a new life.

Last edited:
I truly wish she could just leave and start a new life.
She can. And I bet she will as soon as the show ends.

I have had moments of feeling sorry for Meri. But mostly I just think she's too self-centered to flourish in polygamy.

I've been watching since season one. This season is just highlighting how things simply are not working out for this family. I think Meri is really wounded from decades of being in this marriage. I think her pain has led her to be manipulative behavior, and acting like a martyr. I see her behavior as a result of profound sadness, so I feel sorry for her. I've never been a fan of Kody for many reasons. However, I actually understood his frustration in this episode. I could see his perspective, and how Meri has been behaving. But the bottom line.......I see such profound sadness in Meri, which I think is the reason for her behavior. I truly wish she could just leave and start a new life.
If you’ve been paying attention you’ll see Meri has been manipulative and martyr like since Janelle joined the family. If you listen to the little things Janelle and Christine throw out there (things like they had to have separate stairs in the Lehi house because Meri didn’t want the kids going through her space) you start to catch on that this is Meri’s MO. She was positively abusive to Janelle. In the beginning the show went to great lengths to spin Meri as the sad, put upon first wife. Most bought it, including myself but I’m starting to see her with open eyes now. Kody is a jerk and nutball no doubt but that rant on the property was 100% justified. They all heard what Meri said. WE all heard what Meri said yet she claims she said no such thing. :confused3

I am way behind in this show. I haven't really watched since Kody first mentioned wanting to leave Nevada but I keep up with this thread and it looks like I should start watching again. I pulled up the most recent episode and can I just say the new opening credits are horrible. The music sounds like an episode of Forensic Files and the images make everyone but possibly Cristina look miserable.

I totally agree that Meri has behaved terribly, and was cruel to Janelle. I don't disagree with that at all. I just think she is not meant for this lifestyle, and is lashing out because she's so profoundly sad. She's the one who brought Robyn into the mix, because she truly believes the religion and that polygamy is the way she SHOULD live. Her head believes she needs to live a polygamist lifestyle, but her heart can't stand it (even from the beginning). I truly wish she'd just accept that this life is not for her, and leave.

If you’ve been paying attention you’ll see Meri has been manipulative and martyr like since Janelle joined the family. If you listen to the little things Janelle and Christine throw out there (things like they had to have separate stairs in the Lehi house because Meri didn’t want the kids going through her space) you start to catch on that this is Meri’s MO. She was positively abusive to Janelle. In the beginning the show went to great lengths to spin Meri as the sad, put upon first wife. Most bought it, including myself but I’m starting to see her with open eyes now. Kody is a jerk and nutball no doubt but that rant on the property was 100% justified. They all heard what Meri said. WE all heard what Meri said yet she claims she said no such thing. :confused3
See I actually was on Meri’s side here. Even In the clips they replayed she never said she didn’t want the trees, she just wasn’t sure.

Kody needs to stay out of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter