Sister Wives

I think, given their religious views, they should all live in one big house for the sake of the kids, so they can have regular contact in their giant family living room. And the kids can have regular contact with their father. Whether or not anyone agrees with their lifestyle, the kids all have one father. The wives would still have their privacy. I really don't understand the objections, according to their own lifestyle/religious views.

Agree. But I don’t see the wives agreeing even if it means more dad time for their own kids.

Exactly! I wish I knew more about their reasons, not just, I don't ever want to live together again. And if they want the best for their kids, why not have them closer to their father. It's pretty screwy.
From watching every episode and reading their book, I think the main reason is eventually it will come down to one or more wives being taken advantage of. Like “Oh [fill in the blank] is home, I’ll just leave the kids with her.” And that wife feel like they can’t just say “No I’d really like to be alone right now.” If she says yes enough times that it’s just assumed. If she does say no then she’s not being a team player, etc. I get the impression that Meri pushed Janelle and Christine around a lot... not just over the kids but because Meri is so opinionated and Janelle and Christine are more laid-back, Meri got her way a lot.

From watching every episode and reading their book, I think the main reason is eventually it will come down to one or more wives being taken advantage of. Like “Oh [fill in the blank] is home, I’ll just leave the kids with her.” And that wife feel like they can’t just say “No I’d really like to be alone right now.” If she says yes enough times that it’s just assumed. If she does say no then she’s not being a team player, etc. I get the impression that Meri pushed Janelle and Christine around a lot... not just over the kids but because Meri is so opinionated and Janelle and Christine are more laid-back, Meri got her way a lot.
Thank you. This is starting to make more sense. I like hearing the particulars. I guess living together would make it easier to rely on one another, but isn't that the point of Polygamy? Why wouldn't they be willing to sacrifice for one another. If they have issues, they can bring them up at a family meeting. Hey, welcome to the world of Polygamy, which by the way, you chose to live. It just seems rather hypocritical to me. As far as I've heard, and I only watch the shows, none of their kids want to live that lifestyle. Does anyone know if that's changed or not so far?

Thank you. This is starting to make more sense. I like hearing the particulars. I guess living together would make it easier to rely on one another, but isn't that the point of Polygamy? Why wouldn't they be willing to sacrifice for one another. If they have issues, they can bring them up at a family meeting. Hey, welcome to the world of Polygamy, which by the way, you chose to live. It just seems rather hypocritical to me. As far as I've heard, and I only watch the shows, none of their kids want to live that lifestyle. Does anyone know if that's changed or not so far?
I think relying on each other is one thing, making assumptions and taking advantage of each other is another. I think that’s what Christine is afraid of. She got steamrolled a LOT early in her marriage (just look at her wedding vs. Robyn’s, for example) and she’s finally learning to be happy with herself and speak up for herself. Her role in the family is much more equal now and I think she’s afraid to lose that. Not saying I agree with any of it, just I think that’s Christine’s fear.

I have no interest in living polygamy, but if I did, I certainly think it makes sense to all live together.

As far as I know, none of the Brown children plan to stay in the lifestyle. I think Aspyn is the only one who even might be open to it eventually, since her husband is also from a polygamous background. Madison and Mykelti have always been pretty vocal about not being interested. Logan is the oldest and he’s taking his time to even get married to Michelle, because I think 1 wife is definitely his limit. Mariah I think was only open to it before she addressed her sexuality.

was it the lighting or did the house janelle was showing have 2 different colored granite in the kitchen? dh and i rewatched the scene a couple of times and it looked like the island was a brownish color but the counters were grayish. that would definitely be a turn off for me. i also wonder (aside from overpricing them to begin with) if it was a turnoff to buyers to have double dishwashers, double laundry rooms (and god knows double whatever else). i have to imagine water isn't cheap to come by in vegas so there wouldn't be people rushing to buy a home that has either double the cost to operate (or a duplicate set up you will never use/have to spend to remodel/re-purpose the space).

was it the lighting or did the house janelle was showing have 2 different colored granite in the kitchen? dh and i rewatched the scene a couple of times and it looked like the island was a brownish color but the counters were grayish. that would definitely be a turn off for me. i also wonder (aside from overpricing them to begin with) if it was a turnoff to buyers to have double dishwashers, double laundry rooms (and god knows double whatever else). i have to imagine water isn't cheap to come by in vegas so there wouldn't be people rushing to buy a home that has either double the cost to operate (or a duplicate set up you will never use/have to spend to remodel/re-purpose the space).
:confused3 Meh - double dishwashers aren't actually all that uncommon, especially in homes designed for large families. I doubt that would be a deterrent. And one could always remove the 2nd washer & dryer and turn the 2nd laundry room into storage or something. Water might be costly, but in most places you pay for what you use, so that wouldn't be affected by having more than one washer or dishwasher.

I didn't notice the counter tops or anything else really about the interior of the house. I'm just addicted to the show, for whatever reason....entertainment.

Anyone still watching?

Holy crap with Meri, “I didn’t get to choose, I want to choose, I don’t want to choose, I didn’t say that, I’m a victim.”

Kody losing it over the whole thing was gold and spot on. Everything he said we’ve all said in this thread. I used to buy that Meri was picked on in the beginning but she’s actually a master manipulator.

Hah! You saved me from having to dredge up this thread. I was just thinking it needed to be resurrected.

Meri...... is being Meri. She sure does know how to get everyone to give her all the power. JUST PICK ALREADY!

I'm dying to know 2 things:

1) Will Meri's mammoth new house have a wet bar?

2) Did the wet bar in her old house help her sell it faster?

popcorn::

Hah! You saved me from having to dredge up this thread. I was just thinking it needed to be resurrected.

Meri...... is being Meri. She sure does know how to get everyone to give her all the power. JUST PICK ALREADY!

1. OF COURSE!
2. I doubt it 😝

I think the only reason it didn’t get settled is because Janelle and Christine know her well enough to not even bother arguing. Meri’s going after Robyn better her than them. Kody even told Robyn that’s what happening but she’s still caught up in being Meri’s friend. If Meri can’t play you she has no loyalty to you.

Great questions!
The amount of time and emotional energy Meri spent on that wet bar in the LV house was really something. Crazy.

I came here just to look for this thread :laughing: I couldn't believe Kody was making it so obvious how he's lost his connection with Meri.

Next week looks interesting too.
I don’t think it’s even a lost connection. He was pretty clear he’s very, VERY tired of her crap.

Of course Meri should take the crappiest home site, she will never be there and she does not need the best. I can't believe they don't all want the lots by the trees, I would! Of course it needs to be on stilts so you can see the mountain, lol. I think this episode is the first one that really showed true emotions.

I don't believe they would move everyone to AZ just to be close to Peyton's school. It seems quite ridiculous that they all think they need rental homes. Have these people never heard of a temporary apartment??? Why does it have to be a home? They do have three bedroom apartments in this world. I hope Robyn stands up to Kody when it comes to making another purchase. How on earth would their debt load even qualify them for another mortgage or loan?

I don't understand why the lots seem to be set in stone. It's not like Vegas where they bought in a development and the lots were what they were. This is their land. If I'm not mistaken there is no water or sewer or anything yet so they could really divide it any way they want. Can't 2 houses be built near the trees? Couldn't more land be cleared?

But Meri only had the one kid who is now adult, so seems she would be the one that would be taken advantage of in that scenario. From what I have seen it seems to have something to do with jealousy, seeing how much time he spends with one over the other etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter