Sister Wives

I don't really have a good idea of his sleepovers with each of the wives. I don't think they've ever been that specific. I'm just curious how this works in his everyday life, and in their lives. They have admitted some jealousy over the course of the show. I wonder whether the sleeping arrangements plays into this.
Many times over the years they have said they are on a "rotation". Although I don't remember them spelling out which nights he spends where, it was implied the time is even amongst the 4 wives. Hence why he often comments on looking for clothes and toiletries and realizing they are at one of the other houses.

Many times over the years they have said they are on a "rotation". Although I don't remember them spelling out which nights he spends where, it was implied the time is even amongst the 4 wives. Hence why he often comments on looking for clothes and toiletries and realizing they are at one of the other houses.

I was going to say that too. In one of the first seasons he pretty much said he bed hops every night. :crazy2:

I was going to say that too. In one of the first seasons he pretty much said he bed hops every night. :crazy2:
Not that it comes as any shock to the wives. Clearly that's what they signed up for. It has been discussed in the past that "transcending" jealousy over it is part of their spiritual growth. Double :crazy2: .

Not that it comes as any shock to the wives. Clearly that's what they signed up for. It has been discussed in the past that "transcending" jealousy over it is part of their spiritual growth. Double :crazy2: .
Well, good for them if this is their belief, obviously it's part of it. I think it's a good lesson for all of us, as we don't always work hard enough on our foibles. I want to continue to grow as a person, no matter what lifestyle I choose. Communication in relationships can be challenging for many couples whether straight or gay or other. Always something to be learned.

Could you imagine if tables were turned us women hopping to four different husbands every night. :rolleyes1
:scratchin Are they doing all the cooking, cleaning, home management and child-rearing AND basically supporting themselves? All I have to do is "enjoy their company"? Let me get back to you on this...:rotfl:

And at my stage in life, Ronandannette the "enjoy their company" would just require me plopped in a lawn chair while one is washing my car, one is possibly doing yardwork, the 3rd one is finishing up the housework and the 4th is bringing me a big ole steak off the grill. I would so enjoy that.......:love:

And really, my one can do it all!! ;)

And at my stage in life, Ronandannette the "enjoy their company" would just require me plopped in a lawn chair while one is washing my car, one is possibly doing yardwork, the 3rd one is finishing up the housework and the 4th is bringing me a big ole steak off the grill. I would so enjoy that.......:love:

And really, my one can do it all!! ;)
Does he mentor? If so, I'll PM you my DH's cell number. :rotfl:

Heck since DH and I are both retired and get in each other's way a wee bit...... just give me your address and I'll send him to you every other week!!! :teeth:
Tell him to dress in layers - as you know, the weather here can be a little unpredictable this time of year. ;)

Looks like Sister Wives is back.

I must not have deleted it from my record list because a new episode popped up the other day. I haven't watched yet... not sure whether I want to get sucked back in or not.

Anyone watching and/or keeping up with any real time drama, financial or otherwise?

Cody in his underwear, dancing in the pond. Not a pretty sight

No doubt; if the producers thought that scene would bring in new viewers.......:crazy2:

I still can't wrap my head around why they even moved from Las Vegas. From what I got out of the new show was they are like quadruple in debt now!

I continue to watch (not sure why). I have one question - Where is all this money coming from. Seriously? Mortgages on the homes unsold in Las Vegas, rent for Janelle, mortgage for Christine, mortgage for Robin, soon to be mortgage for Meri and the mortgage on the Coyote Pass property? Add to that the costs for feeding and clothing all of those children + college tuitions. That is a boat load of $$$$.

Kody in his underwear in the pond was too much. Oy!

Anyone watching and/or keeping up with any real time drama, financial or otherwise?

they finally sold the last of the vegas houses in september-after price reductions totaling $140,000, the other 3 sold last april and june so those homes sat unoccupied (except for meri) for 8-13 months? (they hotfooted it to arizona in summer 2018 so the kids could enroll in school). that's a heck of a long time to be paying existing mortgages plus new mortgages (newly purchased homes, property, b&b) plus rent. it's no wonder they were in arrears on their property taxes for the bare land last spring.

i suspect it's a stressful financial situation on a day to day basis. a person can fail to pay property taxes and incur late fees and such, be late on mortgage payment/rent but have some breathing space b/c of how long the legal process takes for foreclosure/eviction but it's the daily stuff that calls for actual funds-groceries, toiletries, utilities...where if you don't have the money you have to go without.

I'm going to suggest the strain has worn on them - they're all presenting in ways they haven't in the past. The adults were all stressed-out, hostile and weird. Based on what @barkley says about the Las Vegas houses, things must have gotten much, much worse than they were when these first two episodes were filmed. At that time, presumably September of 2018, they were predicting a worst-case-scenario of the houses not selling until early 2019. They even said having to carry them that long would "break" them. Again, as before over the past years, there's nobody working at a readily apparent job in Flagstaff, and we gleaned their TLC payments for the show have gone way, way down from where they were originally.

I also wonder what you all think about what happened to Meri in Flagstaff. Personally, I'm appalled. The idea that one can basically be run out of the neighbourhood, with police involvement and all, simply on the strength of the neighbours not "liking the idea"? Outrageous. I guess I'm a little confused as to whether or not polygamy is actually illegal in the US or is it just a moral issue? If it's the latter and this was some other identifiable group based on race, religion or sexual identity, would there not be hell to pay? And why they rolled over so easily to the landlord breaching the rental contract, I totally don't understand. I get not being comfortable in such a hostile environment and leaving for their own well-being, but I do wonder if they received any compensation from the landlord?

I'm going to suggest the strain has worn on them - they're all presenting in ways they haven't in the past. The adults were all stressed-out, hostile and weird. Based on what @barkley says about the Las Vegas houses, things must have gotten much, much worse than they were when these first two episodes were filmed. At that time, presumably September of 2018, they were predicting a worst-case-scenario of the houses not selling until early 2019. They even said having to carry them that long would "break" them. Again, as before over the past years, there's nobody working at a readily apparent job in Flagstaff, and we gleaned their TLC payments for the show have gone way, way down from where they were originally.

I also wonder what you all think about what happened to Meri in Flagstaff. Personally, I'm appalled. The idea that one can basically be run out of the neighbourhood, with police involvement and all, simply on the strength of the neighbours not "liking the idea"? Outrageous. I guess I'm a little confused as to whether or not polygamy is actually illegal in the US or is it just a moral issue? If it's the latter and this was some other identifiable group based on race, religion or sexual identity, would there not be hell to pay? And why they rolled over so easily to the landlord breaching the rental contract, I totally don't understand. I get not being comfortable in such a hostile environment and leaving for their own well-being, but I do wonder if they received any compensation from the landlord?

it's illegal in all 50 states.

the issue with the neighbors of meri might be similar to what has been voiced by some neighbors of the other homes the family is renting/buying-

"Pete Page lives across the street from the Browns in a quiet neighborhood where homes are spread out amid a meadow and surrounded by ponderosa pine trees. He doesn’t object to the family’s lifestyle but doesn’t want to see environmental damage, streets blocked off for filming, more traffic and noise, or fans driving around trying to get a glimpse", “Everyone has the same concern: ‘Is this going to turn into a circus?’” fellow neighbor Michael Reidy said. “Most of us don’t think it will, but that will be the fear.”

this isn't unique to the browns. there are participants in other realty show whose hoa's have instituted rules prohibiting filming in homes/neighborhoods under their jurisdiction. some cities have put laws on the books to restrict this type of filming as well. i recall that one of the now former real housewives of beverly hills (heather dubrow) was going to be prohibited from filming at the home she was building during her last season on that show because of these types of restrictions. it could be that while meri's landlord was o.k. with filming in the home (they claimed she was) the neighbors on that cul-de-sac were not. i've lived in strictly residential neighborhoods where no business activity could occur but i've also lived in a mixed residential/home business-but the home businesses had tight restrictions on hours of operation/traffic and parking (one neighbor wanted to put in a family home daycare and had to file paperwork to allow objections to block the licensing if neighbors objected to the traffic/street parking). the police would not have responded to a complaint of polygamists moving in-they would have responded if all the moving trucks, cars and production vehicles were blocking the cul d sac and driveways (notice how paranoid they were about having the moving van even partially in the street when they were packing back up?).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter