Sister Wives

I can understand Meri's neighbors being concerned about the amount of disruption that filming might cause. But it was weird that they were so quick to complain to the police and the landlord. Wasn't she there for about 24 hours? They hardly had a chance to establish whether or not it would be a problem. Makes me think it was purely a moral issue. I can understand why Meri wanted to move out so fast rather than fighting to stay.

It's interesting that Meri thought her only option was to move back to Las Vegas. The other wives have these huge houses and they couldn't find space for one extra person to stay while she looked for a new house? They talk about "the family" but it really seems to be 4 separate families who share a dad.

I'm going to suggest the strain has worn on them - they're all presenting in ways they haven't in the past. The adults were all stressed-out, hostile and weird. Based on what @barkley says about the Las Vegas houses, things must have gotten much, much worse than they were when these first two episodes were filmed. At that time, presumably September of 2018, they were predicting a worst-case-scenario of the houses not selling until early 2019. They even said having to carry them that long would "break" them. Again, as before over the past years, there's nobody working at a readily apparent job in Flagstaff, and we gleaned their TLC payments for the show have gone way, way down from where they were originally.

I also wonder what you all think about what happened to Meri in Flagstaff. Personally, I'm appalled. The idea that one can basically be run out of the neighbourhood, with police involvement and all, simply on the strength of the neighbours not "liking the idea"? Outrageous. I guess I'm a little confused as to whether or not polygamy is actually illegal in the US or is it just a moral issue? If it's the latter and this was some other identifiable group based on race, religion or sexual identity, would there not be hell to pay? And why they rolled over so easily to the landlord breaching the rental contract, I totally don't understand. I get not being comfortable in such a hostile environment and leaving for their own well-being, but I do wonder if they received any compensation from the landlord?
I think that Meri was a little relieved to find an excuse to not move to Flagstaff, and that’s a big reason why she didn’t fight it. If she truly wanted to be there, she would have found a way to stay. Robin lives in a massive house, Meri could have stayed there for a few days until she found something else. She seemed perfectly happy to go back to Las Vegas.

Also, when Kody was having that giant house designed, I noticed he was allocating Robin 2 or 3 times the square footage as Meri, and you just know that would never fly with Meri. Although Robin has a lot of kids still at home, the day will come when some will start to leave. I did notice also that they were designing a second “master suite” for Robin’s oldest son. I can’t wait for the other wives to notice THAT.

I think that Meri was a little relieved to find an excuse to not move to Flagstaff, and that’s a big reason why she didn’t fight it. If she truly wanted to be there, she would have found a way to stay. Robin lives in a massive house, Meri could have stayed there for a few days until she found something else. She seemed perfectly happy to go back to Las Vegas.

Also, when Kody was having that giant house designed, I noticed he was allocating Robin 2 or 3 times the square footage as Meri, and you just know that would never fly with Meri. Although Robin has a lot of kids still at home, the day will come when some will start to leave. I did notice also that they were designing a second “master suite” for Robin’s oldest son. I can’t wait for the other wives to notice THAT.
He has special needs and I imagine they expect he may remain dependent well into adulthood. I doubt that will be the thing they quibble over in the big-house scenario. Personally I think they SHOULD all live in one big house. :rolleyes1 After all, the whole point of this show was to cast polygamy in a more positive light and they've been preaching since the on-set that they are truly one family, the way they believe God intended. That's a far cry from the 4 single moms and one 1/4 time dad that they actually are.

I kinda felt that the neighbors were more worried about filming in their neighborhood than of their lifestyle.

I also thought that meri could stay in another wives house but that would never fly. When it’s his night with meri he can’t sleep with her in Robin’s house. One of the big things he made certain that would be in the one big house build are soundproof walls so the wives couldn’t hear him having sex with the other wives.

I kinda felt that the neighbors were more worried about filming in their neighborhood than of their lifestyle.

I also thought that meri could stay in another wives house but that would never fly. When it’s his night with meri he can’t sleep with her in Robin’s house. One of the big things he made certain that would be in the one big house build are soundproof walls so the wives couldn’t hear him having sex with the other wives.
:crazy2::crazy2::crazy2: So disgusting.

He has special needs and I imagine they expect he may remain dependent well into adulthood. I doubt that will be the thing they quibble over in the big-house scenario. Personally I think they SHOULD all live in one big house. :rolleyes1 After all, the whole point of this show was to cast polygamy in a more positive light and they've been preaching since the on-set that they are truly one family, the way they believe God intended. That's a far cry from the 4 single moms and one 1/4 time dad that they actually are.
He’s going to college so he can’t be that dependent.
When he is on screen he seems mature

When he is on screen he seems mature
:confused3 I have no idea what he's really like or how he functions IRL - all I know is they've mentioned his disabilities many times on the show and that provisions have been made for his on-going support.

I think the whole Meri not being wanted by the neighbors was made up. And if it wasn't, then she was just glad to be able to back out of that stupid arrangement anyway. She needes a one bedroom apt somewhere, not a whole house to rent. Give me a break! It made much more sense for her to stay in Vegas where she already had a payment she can't afford. No mention of her bed and breakfast. Does anyone know how that is going?

:eek: That 2nd house Meri rented in Flagstaff?!? Just why? I guess after watching all these seasons I've really gained no understanding of how this plig thing is supposed to work. If all the resources are supposed to go to jointly supporting the family, I just don't understand how one person out of 23 (5 adults & 18 kids) is allowed to suck up so much of them.

my disabled young adult son attends college but unfortunately it is unlikely he will ever be able to live independently (autism spectrum which i believe is what robyn's son may deal with). i recall that they said robyn's son is going to live at the college but that doesn't mean he won't require supportive living services in that living situation, and i know of at least one university that offers special dorm housing for student in need on the spectrum with hand picked and trained upperclassmen and grad students (majoring in special ed for the most part) as their roommates.

we've met a wealth of college educated asd adults who are successful in careers but cannot and will not ever be able to live independent of their families or in an assisted arrangement.

I missed a lot of last season. Why did they move out of the last houses? Especially since they are just sitting empty now. I’m thinking I missed something 🤔

I missed a lot of last season. Why did they move out of the last houses? Especially since they are just sitting empty now. I’m thinking I missed something 🤔

You didn't miss anything. There has been no reason other then Cody wanted to move. There has been some mention of it not being safe anymore. I think the shooting at Vegas scared them as a few of the older kids were supposed to be there.

He also claimed that the real estate market was booming in Vegas and if they sold AT THAT MOMENT they would make a huge profit and a nice nest egg for the future. You know, since he still has about 15 weddings to pay for and college educations to fund. So they rushed out of there. Yet the homes took forever to sell and went for a lot less than he thought.

It seems like a few of the wives work And he doesn’t (again, maybe I’m missing something) so he spends their money on all these dreams of his? They are constantly moving. If they are so short on money why do they ALL need these big rentals? Of course, especially Meri. why not stay in the homes they had and wait until they sell to move? Isn’t the one wife a realtor? Why do they all let him do this to their family? Ugh!!! So frustrating to me but I’m hooked on the train wreck

It seems like a few of the wives work And he doesn’t (again, maybe I’m missing something) so he spends their money on all these dreams of his? They are constantly moving. If they are so short on money why do they ALL need these big rentals? Of course, especially Meri. why not stay in the homes they had and wait until they sell to move? Isn’t the one wife a realtor? Why do they all let him do this to their family? Ugh!!! So frustrating to me but I’m hooked on the train wreck

They all get paid being on the show.

I'm pretty sure Kodi does his own thing in real estate. I remember an episode where he was talking to a business partner about flipping some properties. I really don't think he's a bum that leaches off of his wives.

Meri runs the Lulumon business. Janelle used to work FT but I think now she does real estate. Robin has Sister Wives Closet. And I believe Christine is the true SAHM but she does help with the businesses when she can and when she wants to.

I don't think they are that short on money. Paying 4 empty mortgages and then 4 additional rent payments and a mortgage on land......they aren't broke or short on money. They just waste so much money!!!

As for Meri wanting a big house too......a lot of the kids like going to Meri's for sleepovers and such. Especially Christine's kids. And Janelle's daughter Savannah.

I agree, Meri was not totally upset having to move back to Las Vegas. Then again she plays it back and forth, "I need my family, I have to do it on my own," geesh, she's confusing! Did you see the house she rented? OMG what's up with that, makes no sense!

My understanding is because they wanted the kids in school to be in there new school before the school year started. They did not want to move them in the middle of the year.
That's what I understand; however, why have Mary move into this gigantic house and pay another rent? Makes no financial sense, never mind renting her this elaborate home when she could just get a one bedroom apartment, or live in the Las Vegas house until it sells. I have no idea how they manage their money. Apparently not well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter