Sister Wives, First Times and Lots of Wine/An Epic Girls Trip...Updated 8/13

.I really like her makeshift flag. It reminds me of something, but I can't seem to put my finger on it...
:ssst::smooth:
A4E3455A-59A7-4637-8C00-F19C2250F0F9.jpeg
Hey Kari @kastoney , mine's bigger than yours ;)

Come on, the 2 of them are super cute, matching, Italian studs. They were good sports about it and even did some posing of their own)
I seriously didn't think Steve would agree to this but as soon as I suggested it he was in lol! They look too cute.

Oh brunch was so good. I'm hoping we can score a reservation in August so we can go again. And I keep telling Jason I have to buy him Steve and Joe's shirt so the WV boy can joint the Italians Stallions in the matching department some day.
Disney store online baby, hurry up so they can be triplets :dance3:
Seriously though I'm thinking of doing brunch again in September because I can't stop thinking about that steak first and foremost. And the ambiance was wonderful. Of course no plans as of yet at all for that trip but we'll see!

Joe and Jen Do Magic Kingdom...:rotfl2:

After a very delicious Brunch at the Top, we all kind of went our separate ways. But, never fear kids, some of us meet up again later in the day, and you won't believe what we did... :cool1: Anyway, Joe and I were off to the Magic Kingdom and it was so nice just walking over there and not having to worry about Disney transportation (cause you all know how I feel about Disney transportation)...

Joe and I had a FP to meet Mickey and Minnie to get to. I had no idea we were going to do this with @ariane37 during the DAH event and contemplated canceling it. We decided to keep the FP anyway, for 2 reasons... A. Because we weren't a sweaty mess yet and B. We were still dressed in our brunching finest...It was a cute meet, just like a couple of nights earlier. Next, we had a FP for Peter Pan, and wouldn't you know it...the skies opened up and it POURED. But, not before I got me a new popcorn bucket (with buttery, popcorn goodness inside it) and we were able to pull out our gorgeous Amazon ponchos...I don't know if the ride had broken down at some point, but we waited a very long time to take a flight through Neverland...Never fear we took our flight and by the time it was done, the clouds had parted and Mr. Sunshine was out in full force!!!

We had a third FP, but for the life of me, I can't remember what it was. Oh yes, it was for The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh...Anyway, after our ride in a honey pot, Joe had a very special appointment to get to...He was getting his hair cut at the Main Street Barber Shop and he was super excited for this. And for $19 it was a Disney steal...

Haircut accomplished, and after refusing to be pixie dusted, we did some shopping and headed out of the park to the boat docks. We wanted to rest up before our evening festivities...:cool1::cool1::cool1:

220CADB1-F966-479A-B94B-3EC776C7090B.jpegE205D847-485B-4E89-8957-68AB2F9A8AEE.jpeg24F6CDB9-C909-470B-BF5B-9AB40E0227AF.jpegA453694E-D18B-4743-8159-77AB388A4EA5.jpeg81DD6A5B-DC92-4B40-B758-82580A3A2F89.jpeg2DD36912-7F08-4A50-96FE-EEB1A3049A50.jpeg7BA5A5BA-C5BA-4F28-84F9-BEB6B31AFC9D.jpegE761303F-1E12-43FF-93C8-F2CDEBDDEDAA.jpegFDC8C53D-09AA-4EEF-B4F0-1E2D0DA298D7.jpeg

Attachments

• 9F57B791-9C95-422C-BBF7-A28D8C3A31E6.jpeg
    9F57B791-9C95-422C-BBF7-A28D8C3A31E6.jpeg
    83.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Hey Kari @kastoney , mine's bigger than yours ;)
Baw!!! Ha!!! And thicker. LOL!!!

I seriously didn't think Steve would agree to this but as soon as I suggested it he was in lol! They look too cute.
Joe was a bit hesitant at first, but he was super glad he did it afterward. He knew everyone thought it was funny and they got a good laugh. I agree. They did look too cute!!!! Love those 2 Italian Stallions!!!

Disney store online baby, hurry up so they can be triplets :dance3:
Do it!!!!!!

Last edited:

But, never fear kids, some of us meet up again later in the day, and you won't believe what we did... :cool1:
oooohhh… standing by for adventure.
Joe and I were off to the Magic Kingdom and it was so nice just walking over there and not having to worry about Disney transportation
::yes:: I'd love to stay at BLT or the Contemporary for just that reason. The hotels themselves don't really appeal to me, but... location, location, location.
(cause you all know how I feel about Disney transportation)...
A secret love for it?
I got me a new popcorn bucket (with buttery, popcorn goodness inside it)
mmmmm… Disney popcorn...
We had a third FP, but for the life of me, I can't remember what it was. Oh yes, it was for The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh...
:laughing:
As a fellow TR writer, I get this. You write something... think about it for a while, then answer your own question, but it looks like you didn't.
Joe had a very special appointment to get to...He was getting his hair cut at the Main Street Barber Shop and he was super excited for this. And for $19 it was a Disney steal...
So did he enjoy it?
:laughing:
So, last night my parents watched Gia so the adults could go out for sushi...
Very nice. :)

Oh I remember how hard it rained that day. Can't wait until Ariane posts the pics of what we did to amuse ourselves in the rain :P

Glad to hear you had a great time with the family this week! Not sure who is cuter Gina, the puppy, or Joe :D

I cannot stand the Disney buses. To me, they are an accident waiting to happen, the way they cram people in them...
To date there have been 3 accidents with Disney busses. One was where a driver rear-ended another (non Disney) bus. The driver was hurt, but only 7 passengers were injured and only slight injuries. The other two accidents involved fatalities, but not the bus driver's fault. A boy rode his bike into the side of the bus and the other a man walked in front of one.
Considering the number of busses in use... I'd say that's an incredibly safe record.

However... yes, if a bus did have a bad accident, there could be a lot of injuries/fatalities. But... isn't that true of any transportation mode?

Geyser Point and Fireworks at the Top of the World Lounge with Friends...

After a big brunch and time spent in the MK, Joe and I headed back to our room at the beautiful Wilderness Lodge. We showered and chilled a bit. Then, we decided to go down to Geyser Point for a few cocktails. We were also hungry again. On the way down we stopped to take a few pics of a Disney bunny. About the same time, I received a text from @ariane37 inviting us to the Top of the World Lounge compliments of @buzzrelly. They were just coming back from an afternoon at HS and said they would meet us down at GP as soon as they had all freshened up. They, being: Ariane, Steve, Kelly, and Kari...I was soooo excited about this because I wasn't expecting to ever be able to go up to the lounge, let alone be able to view HEA from that perspective...And, we were going to get to do it with a great group of friends...:love:

While Joe and I were waiting, we ordered a few drinks...I had the Huckleberry Punch, 44 North Mountain huckleberry vodka, Bols creme de cassis, fresh lemon juice, and cranberry juice. @pepperandchips had this earlier in the week and I knew I needed to have one too. It was sooooo good!!!! Joe went with the Cascadia Sangria Cocktail, Zodiac black cherry vodka, fresh lime juice, and orange juice topped with Columbia Crest H3 Merlot. He really liked this. In fact, he ordered a second one. While we were waiting for our food, a Disney Duck walked through the bar. Who knew???? Disney ducks in a bar!!!! Love it!!!!

As far as food went, Joe and I decided to share a few dishes. We had the Edamame with chili-salt (thanks Steve for sharing this the other night), Cheesy Barbecue Brisket with house-made chips and the Seasonal Fruit Plate with lavender-honey yogurt. We have had all of these before, and they were still just as good, especially the brisket. It was so good that I believe we ordered a second brisket...

We literally paid our tab and noticed the best looking group of people coming towards us. Yep, that would be our gang, Ariane, Steve, Kelly and sister wife, Kari... We were able to snag a boat to the Contemporary Resort right away and had fun killing time with a few pics...

We went right up to the Lounge and oowed and ahhhed at the view (it really is stunning) before claiming a table with a few comfy seats. We ordered more drinks and some food. I had the Nachos with queso, fresh pico de gallo, and guacamole with a glass of Moscato. The nachos were so yummy!!!! I don't know what it is about Disney, but they sure know how to make nachos!!! We did a cheers and then made our way out to the balcony to watch HEA. Our waitress even put a RESERVED sign on our table so no one would sit there while we were watching the fireworks.

I cried as usual...When the show was over, we went back inside, paid our tab, and boated it back to the WL. We had plans to meet up with more of our epic group before calling it a night....We met up with @pepperandchips , her hubby, R, @IowaTater , and @Elevationist back at Geyser Point, where we had more alcohol and closed down the bar before calling it a night. We also said our goodbyes, because tomorrow, Joe and I were going to St Pete to finish out our vaca...There may have been a few tears shed and lots of hugs. :love2::love2::love::love:

2AE8DBEF-656F-42AC-AF5F-1AFD70EA782D.jpeg54780D02-90C0-4399-880C-8ABCC15E8DE7.jpeg919FC440-5293-44F8-9CB3-B59CEEF14606.jpegB22B6806-8DB6-4C0A-A666-867A8DA812BA.jpeg6D57631F-7C51-4CF8-8C9F-FF0C96A106CA.jpeg8EC87D0A-F373-4372-AE15-CDC8A056ED87.jpeg74A70A73-2C7B-4065-A532-05AE32958815.jpeg273485D7-BC92-48C9-9A60-B679CE896862.jpeg965A9CBF-826A-4CBC-AC98-9460319FE3B9.jpeg419C840F-26DD-4106-9E8F-3C3D6EC28D6A.jpeg

Next up, what do Joe and I end up doing before driving to St Pete?????

Last edited:
On the way down we stopped to take a few pics of a Disney bunny.
I didn't know Disney had animatronic bunnies. Huh.
About the same time, I received a text from @ariane37 inviting us to the Top of the World Lounge compliments of @buzzrelly
Nice!
As far as food went, Joe and I decided to share a few dishes. We had the Edamame with chili-salt (thanks Steve for sharing this the other night), Cheesy Barbecue Brisket with house-made chips and the Seasonal Fruit Plate with lavender-honey yogurt.
Wait... you mean no one came over wanting to eat your leftovers? What's with that?
We went right up to the Lounge and oowed and ahhhed at the view (it really is stunning)
:) Glad it was so great.
Our waitress even put a RESERVED sign on our table so no one would sit there while we were watching the fireworks.
Love that.
I cried as usual..
Awww... :hug:

After a very delicious Brunch at the Top, we all kind of went our separate ways. But, never fear kids, some of us meet up again later in the day, and you won't believe what we did... :cool1: Anyway, Joe and I were off to the Magic Kingdom and it was so nice just walking over there and not having to worry about Disney transportation (cause you all know how I feel about Disney transportation)...
That walk over to the MK is so nice!
Joe and I had a FP to meet Mickey and Minnie to get to. I had no idea we were going to do this with @ariane37 during the DAH event and contemplated canceling it. We decided to keep the FP anyway, for 2 reasons... A. Because we weren't a sweaty mess yet and B. We were still dressed in our brunching finest...It was a cute meet, just like a couple of nights earlier. Next, we had a FP for Peter Pan, and wouldn't you know it...the skies opened up and it POURED. But, not before I got me a new popcorn bucket (with buttery, popcorn goodness inside it) and we were able to pull out our gorgeous Amazon ponchos...I don't know if the ride had broken down at some point, but we waited a very long time to take a flight through Neverland...Never fear we took our flight and by the time it was done, the clouds had parted and Mr. Sunshine was out in full force!!!
Love your purple poncho....there is a distinct Fairy Godmother vibe going on in that picture near the Hunny Pots. The M&M pics are cute as anything too!
We had a third FP, but for the life of me, I can't remember what it was. Oh yes, it was for The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh...Anyway, after our ride in a honey pot, Joe had a very special appointment to get to...He was getting his hair cut at the Main Street Barber Shop and he was super excited for this. And for $19 it was a Disney steal...
Bill really wants to do this next week too! Do you remember who had to call to book?
I was soooo excited about this because I wasn't expecting to ever be able to go up to the lounge, let alone be able to view HEA from that perspective...And, we were going to get to do it with a great group of friends...:love:
Awesome!
While Joe and I were waiting, we ordered a few drinks...I had the Huckleberry Punch, 44 North Mountain huckleberry vodka, Bols creme de cassis, fresh lemon juice, and cranberry juice. @pepperandchips had this earlier in the week and I knew I needed to have one too. It was sooooo good!!!! Joe went with the Cascadia Sangria Cocktail, Zodiac black cherry vodka, fresh lime juice, and orange juice topped with Columbia Crest H3 Merlot. He really liked this. In fact, he ordered a second one. While we were waiting for our food, a Disney Duck walked through the bar. Who knew???? Disney ducks in a bar!!!! Love it!!!!
I had the Cascade Sangria cocktail last summer and really liked it. I'm glad to hear you liked the Huckleberry Punch as I was thinking of trying it this week.
We went right up to the Lounge and oowed and ahhhed at the view (it really is stunning) before claiming a table with a few comfy seats. We ordered more drinks and some food. I had the Nachos with queso, fresh pico de gallo, and guacamole with a glass of Moscato. The nachos were so yummy!!!! I don't know what it is about Disney, but they sure know how to make nachos!!! We did a cheers and then made our way out to the balcony to watch HEA. Our waitress even put a RESERVED sign on our table so no one would sit there while we were watching the fireworks.
Perfect!
I cried as usual...When the show was over, we went back inside, paid our tab, and boated it back to the WL. We had plans to meet up with more of our epic group before calling it a night....We met up with @pepperandchips , her hubby, R, @IowaTater , and @Elevationist back at Geyser Point, where we had more alcohol and closed down the bar before calling it a night. We also said our goodbyes, because tomorrow, Joe and I were going to St Pete to finish out our vaca...There may have been a few tears shed and lots of hugs. :love2::love2::love::love:
What a great night!!!!!!

Such a great night. Top of the World wasn't even on my radar either but so cool to be able to go up there since we wouldn't be able to otherwise. Though if I had known you and Joe were pregaming at Geyser you know I so would have been there!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter