Sister Wives, First Times and Lots of Wine/An Epic Girls Trip...Updated 8/13

Bill really wants to do this next week too! Do you remember who had to call to book?
I don't, because Joe actually made the call. But, I think if you call and ask, someone will get you to the right person...

What a great night!!!!!!
It was, and I miss them all so much!!

Though if I had known you and Joe were pregaming at Geyser you know I so would have been there!!!
Well, DUH! Never fear, we will get our drink on in August!!!! :love2:

Last Disney Day...

Joe and I slept in a bit, showered and packed up our things. It was time to leave our lovely lodge...It was a wonderful trip. We made a lot of life long friends and made a lot of memories. It honestly ranks as one of our favorite Disney trips EVER (and there have been a lot of them).

We were originally going to spend the morning in DAK, but made a last minute decision to head over to Epcot. There were still a lot more food items we wanted to try, so it just made sense to do some more flower and gardening eats...

I believe we started our Epcot morning with rides on Nemo, Living with the Land and Figment. The park was not crowded at all and all 3 of these attractions were walk-ons. We also did a quick meet and greet with Elsa and Anna in Norway and stopped to try our very first school bread at Kringla Bakeri. This was sooo good and just as wonderful as everyone says it is.

Now it was time to start really eating...Our first stop was at the Lotus House, where we tried the vegetable spring rolls. These were really good. They were nice and crispy on the outside, although a tad greasy, but very flavorful. Then we stopped at Bauernmarkt and tried the Toasted Pretzel Bread topped with black forest ham, and melted gruyere cheese. This was soooooo good and one of my favorite eats at the festival. Next, came Hanami where we finally got to try the Frushi, fresh pineapple, strawberry, and melon rolled with coconut rice, sprinkled with toasted coconut, whipped cream with raspberry sauce on the side. Joe and I both loved this and even thought about getting a second one. Finally, Joe wanted to stop at the Citrus Blossom. He wanted to try the Crispy Citrus Chicken, with orange aioli and baby greens. He announced this was his favorite of the day. He also grabbed a drink somewhere along the way. It was orange, and that's about all I got. I have zero idea what it was or if he even liked it. LOL!

We took some pics throughout the morning and even got a magic shot with the Orange Bird, which was really cool. Our last ride was Spaceship Earth before making the long trek back to the car.

Before starting the St Pete part of this adventure, I am going to add a post from my PTR of my wish list items from this trip that I wanted to accomplish...How many do you think I was able to get done????? Hint, I was pretty proud of myself...

MAY DISNEY GOALS:

I'm stuck at home today. We got 8" of snow last night with freezing rain to come later this afternoon, so I thought I'd make a list of things I'd like to accomplish in Disney during the Epic Girl's Trip. You know, things I haven't done before, that I'd like to give a try...So, here goes (in no particular order)...

1. Try a Mickey Premium Bar (Yep, I'm probably the ONLY one on the DIS who hasn't had one)
2. Drink a Lapu Lapu in the pineapple
3. Ride FOP and not throw up...:crazy2:
4. Try a new restaurant in DS, either QS or TS
5. Eat at Satu'li Canteen
6. Try School Bread (Yep, another one I haven't been able to get my hands on)
7. Get my picture taken with Kevin from UP (I LOVE that bird)!!!
8. Get a drink at Trader Sam's Grotto
9. Monorail Bar Crawl-Anyone possibly up for this??? @ariane37 @kastoney @buzzrelly ????
10. Buy a new Dooney!!!!!

I think my list is a bit daunting right now. It may be giving me some anxiety...Who thinks I will be able to get some of this done????:P

1BAADC3E-1AB9-4D5E-A1BC-8165E73F7423.jpeg6583CB3E-2E51-41A0-92D4-27F7B1062345.jpeg75BB329E-1212-47EF-BE9F-AA887FA66765.jpegD39788D0-9D71-4E7F-BF1B-B3220C86879F.jpegC2C328E3-0A16-48E4-A57E-0E256AC5E6A4.jpegD481E061-F080-4CAA-AB99-6CCFFC5C4F31.jpegB68F3DD2-4481-4743-996B-D39CF9616E46.jpeg437A436B-A5B2-4827-8D25-A4D080EEE452.jpeg599BB002-B042-4EC0-BA87-B97E61A478A2.jpeg6431837D-6D96-4610-92C1-7F65D0381D05.jpeg

Joe and Jen Do Magic Kingdom...:rotfl2:

After a very delicious Brunch at the Top, we all kind of went our separate ways. But, never fear kids, some of us meet up again later in the day, and you won't believe what we did... :cool1: Anyway, Joe and I were off to the Magic Kingdom and it was so nice just walking over there and not having to worry about Disney transportation (cause you all know how I feel about Disney transportation)...

Joe and I had a FP to meet Mickey and Minnie to get to. I had no idea we were going to do this with @ariane37 during the DAH event and contemplated canceling it. We decided to keep the FP anyway, for 2 reasons... A. Because we weren't a sweaty mess yet and B. We were still dressed in our brunching finest...It was a cute meet, just like a couple of nights earlier. Next, we had a FP for Peter Pan, and wouldn't you know it...the skies opened up and it POURED. But, not before I got me a new popcorn bucket (with buttery, popcorn goodness inside it) and we were able to pull out our gorgeous Amazon ponchos...I don't know if the ride had broken down at some point, but we waited a very long time to take a flight through Neverland...Never fear we took our flight and by the time it was done, the clouds had parted and Mr. Sunshine was out in full force!!!

We had a third FP, but for the life of me, I can't remember what it was. Oh yes, it was for The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh...Anyway, after our ride in a honey pot, Joe had a very special appointment to get to...He was getting his hair cut at the Main Street Barber Shop and he was super excited for this. And for $19 it was a Disney steal...

Haircut accomplished, and after refusing to be pixie dusted, we did some shopping and headed out of the park to the boat docks. We wanted to rest up before our evening festivities...:cool1::cool1::cool1:

View attachment 412173View attachment 412174View attachment 412175View attachment 412166View attachment 412170View attachment 412171View attachment 412167View attachment 412168View attachment 412169
Joe looks awesome! Love this photo... and the Mickey cape!

I had no idea you all snuck some more Flower and Garden in! I did so poorly during our trip I so should have rejoined you all.

I'm gonna go with you did good on your list and if I was a betting girl I'd go with 6 out of 10!

All caught up Jenny! Took me a while, but I got there. We all had such a great time, didn't we, in whatever groups we ended up in. Glad you had such a fun time with all the girls and I know you knocked off quite a few of those items. ;)

Loving all your photos especially from your MK day. The barbershop photos of joe are just priceless :rotfl2:
Sounds like you really did have the trip of a lifetime with a great bunch of people. :goodvibes
I’m guessing 8/10 for the epic list!

Great report Jenny! It was one of my favorite trips too!

From the looks of it, it seems like you accomplished a lot of your list! I took the liberty of adding Number 11 for you. Can't wait to see if you checked that one off too 😜

MAY DISNEY GOALS:

I'm stuck at home today. We got 8" of snow last night with freezing rain to come later this afternoon, so I thought I'd make a list of things I'd like to accomplish in Disney during the Epic Girl's Trip. You know, things I haven't done before, that I'd like to give a try...So, here goes (in no particular order)...

1. Try a Mickey Premium Bar (Yep, I'm probably the ONLY one on the DIS who hasn't had one)
9. Monorail Bar Crawl-Anyone possibly up for this??? @ariane37 @kastoney @buzzrelly ????
11. Drink Sangria...from a BOX!

Such a fun trip, I loved F&G this year

School bread is a favorite of mine!

I think you did quite a few things on your list!
It was a fun trip.
I plan on getting more of that yummy school bread in August.
I think I did quite a few things too. :flower1:

Glad you had such a great trip! :)
It was awesome!!!! I can't wait to go back next month!!!

All caught up Jenny! Took me a while, but I got there. We all had such a great time, didn't we, in whatever groups we ended up in. Glad you had such a fun time with all the girls and I know you knocked off quite a few of those items. ;)
It was such a great trip!!!! I really hope we are all able to do it again! yes, i did knock quite a few of those items off my list...

Loving all your photos especially from your MK day. The barbershop photos of joe are just priceless :rotfl2:
Sounds like you really did have the trip of a lifetime with a great bunch of people. :goodvibes
I’m guessing 8/10 for the epic list!
It was such an awesome trip! Those ladies were awesome and so were the few men that joined us.
I didn't get 8, but it was close...

Great report Jenny! It was one of my favorite trips too!

From the looks of it, it seems like you accomplished a lot of your list! I took the liberty of adding Number 11 for you. Can't wait to see if you checked that one off too 😜
Kelly, I really hope we can do it again sometime!!!! I loved hanging with you and the girls sooooo much!!!!
Umm, you can totally check drink Sangria from a BOX off. HAHAHA!!!!:rotfl2:

I had no idea you all snuck some more Flower and Garden in! I did so poorly during our trip I so should have rejoined you all.

I'm gonna go with you did good on your list and if I was a betting girl I'd go with 6 out of 10!
I just felt we had to go back to Epcot!!! We had done a lot of drinking, but not so much eating...
I think you may be right with the 6/10!!!! Smart sister wife!!!!

MAY DISNEY GOALS:

I think my list is a bit daunting right now. It may be giving me some anxiety...Who thinks I will be able to get some of this done????:P

1. I had my first Mickey Premium bar at the MK DAH event. :D
2. Nope:sad:
3. I did this twice AND didn't throw up!!!!:D
4. I tried Blaze Pizza, Hideaway and Amorettes!!!! A major win here!!!:D
5. I ate at Satu'li Canteen during our VIP tour! Yummy!:D
6. I tried School Bread on my last Disney day in Epcot.:D
7. Never found Kevin...:sad::sad::sad:
8. Never made it here...:sad::sad::sad:
9. Well, I didn't exactly do a bar crawl, BUT I did do A LOT of drinking.:cool1::cool1::cool1:
10. I DID buy a new Dooney!! I treated myself to a Dumbo print Dooney!!! It is my new fav purse!:D

So, if you guessed 6/10, you would be correct!!! I don't think that's too bad...Good job @kastoney :jumping3::jumping3::jumping3:

Next up...ST PETE!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter