Shares again

:)Finally getting somewhere!

I received a reply to the 5th email i sent, they have got my documents :)
They asked me to provide a fax number so they could let me have my temporary share cert, i provided it yesterday afternoon and am yet to receive it but fingers crossed:thumbsup2

Ro:cheer2:

Great News! :banana::banana::banana::dance3::banana::yay::yay:

My temporary certificate is only valid until I think 4th April though :confused3

Finally received my temp certificate in the post, it's only valid until 15th May so hopefully will receive the real thing by then? Has anyone else received it who posted it around the same time?

Ro

I've heard nothing, no email reply, and nothing in the post, and its been more than one month now since I sent my forms off.

I think I'll need to phone them if I haven't heard anything in the next week or so, just to make sure I have some sort of shareholders club confirmation before our trip in May.

I've heard nothing, no email reply, and nothing in the post, and its been more than one month now since I sent my forms off.

I think I'll need to phone them if I haven't heard anything in the next week or so, just to make sure I have some sort of shareholders club confirmation before our trip in May.

that's not very good. I used this email address and I got a response within a couple of days dlp.actionnaires@disney.com followed by a temporary certificate Hope you hear something soon !

We leave for DLRP in 2 weeks and I was going to buy some shares for the discounts etc but have I left it too late?

I understand they can issue a temporary certificate but will I be too late for this?

And do you buy the shares from a stockbrokers or through Disney?

Thanks

Andrea x

i would say its a bit late

you can buy shares through the bank or selftrade

im just attempting to refill my application with self trade after the 1st application along with bank statement went missing

this time i will send it recorded delivery , so i know they get it

:cool1::cool1::cool1:

got my selftrade application in the post this morning

its now filled in and ready to go

i rang them up and got a different address to send it to as the last one wasnt delivered (was in a pre paid envelope)

the guy on the phone said they have problems with the prepaid ones and the post office

so this time ive got a diff address and am sending it tomorrow registered post

woo hoooooo im excited , its going somewhere

We leave for DLRP in 2 weeks and I was going to buy some shares for the discounts etc but have I left it too late?

I understand they can issue a temporary certificate but will I be too late for this?

And do you buy the shares from a stockbrokers or through Disney?

Thanks

Andrea x

based on experience it may be a little too late but it depends on how soon you can set up a self trade account, some people can do it all online whereas I had to send my bank details via the post as they couldn't validate it for some reason or other? I think if you can set it all up online it will speed up the purchase bit for you and then you can print out your certificate of ownership and fax it to DLP with a note explaining you'd like a temporary certificate, not sure if you'd get it in time but if you want the shares anyhow it may be an option.

Hey Manx, sooooo glad you are finally sorted and you are ready to post. I used my card last week in Blackpool to buy a few items and a new pin.

Wont be long now to October.

:cool1::cool1:

yeh i cant wait

cant belive we are already half way through april

seems like the months are flying along

:cool1:

Well I finally got the temp certificate Louisa promised me on 24/03. It came via Frankfurt and Tallinn :confused3!!
I am going to send the envelope back to Louisa so she can attempt to sort out this problem with their postal system.
Something is going badly wrong if a correctly addressed letter takes more than three weeks and goes half way around Europe.
It makes me wonder where my renewal card has ended up :confused:.

Yes, you get contract note from selftrade (if you buy your shares online with them, this contract note will be set up in your online account, you can then print it off). You send the contract note with your shareholder club application to Disney.

Bit of an update from me on the shareholders application.

I posted my application and contract note on 6th March.
After sending 2 emails and not having a reply to either, I phoned the shareholder line today. They called me back after checking the progress of my application. Coincidentally :rolleyes1 apparently my application was approved for the shareholder card yesterday. So the permanent card should arrive with me in the next 2 weeks.
After explaining that this is cutting it fine, as I'm going to DLRP on 10th May, the CM happliy offered to send me out a temporary shareholders certificate in the post tomorrow :).

So it appears that in the normal process, at the moment shareholders cards are taking in excess of 2 months to be processed and for shareholder cards to be sent out.

Has anyone who applied around 10th March received anything apart from a temporary share cert yet?

Impatiently waiting

Ro

Hiya,

I sent my application by fax on 20th Feb and Louisa has confirmed receipt, but no card yet (I didn't need a temporary certificate). So It does look like the wait is in excess of 2 months. Luckily we're not going till July.:)

Has anyone who applied around 10th March received anything apart from a temporary share cert yet?

Impatiently waiting

Ro

Hello

Funnily enough I sent mine on the 10th March by fax ... like you I have received my temporary share certificate but no card yet :mad: Might email them on Monday asking them how much longer it will be as holiday getting close now :thumbsup2 Can you let me know if you hear anything and vice versa :goodvibes

Thanks EeyoreFanUK,
I will let you know as soon as i hear/receive anything. Like you i think i might wait until Monday and email them again.

Ro

Hiya,

Just received my Shareholders card yesterday:yay:, 9 weeks after faxing through my application.
It is now in pride of place in the see-through part inside my purse, replacing the photo of my children (joking!):goodvibes

Hiya,

Just received my Shareholders card yesterday:yay:, 9 weeks after faxing through my application.
It is now in pride of place in the see-through part inside my purse, replacing the photo of my children (joking!):goodvibes

Oh lucky you ! Think I will email them tomorrow as want before I go :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter