Share Price falls to new low.

If you can send the stuff via fax or email then they can post you a temp membership card within a few days.

dlp.actionnaires@disney.com is the email address for the club so you can check to see if this still the case.

However its possible that any share dealing site will take a few days to allow you to sign up if they need to any proof of ID from you to check for money laundering etc.

But if you can act quickly its easily possible it this time scale.

arieliwish said:
we go in just over 5 weeks, so am I right in thinking my membership application and card wouldn't come through in that time?

My card took 3 weeks to arrive (France-Spain). I submitted the form & proof of purchase via fax

Mine took less than 5 weeks .

They also will send a temp. certificate earlier if you email them and they've done most of the processing.

Go for it !! :thumbsup2

Email today:
September 20th, 2006

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Dear Shareholder,

I would like to take this opportunity to express my gratitude for your continued support in our company and address the recent developments that we have had to face over the last few days.

I would like to reiterate managements continued commitment to our company's future and to the implementation of our growth strategy. As we communicated to you in July, the Group 's revenues increased 4%over the nine months ended June 30 thanks to strong attendance and hotel occupancy growth in our third quarter. These encouraging results reflected the Group 's strategy of increasing growth through innovative marketing and sales efforts in conjunction with our multi-year investment program.

I also want to acknowledge and recognize the many thousands of cast members who always make great guest service their top priority to ensure the best possible experience for our guests and this despite the fact that we have recently been challenged by various labor activities. While we continue to preserve the quality of our product, management has opened discussions in an effort to arrive at a favorable outcome for all parties.

In addition, our share price has been subject to ongoing volatility, which has been pronounced over the last few days. Our company has not received any specific information as to the reasons for this share price activity, but be assured that we are closely monitoring the evolution of the Euro Disney share price and we will continue to concentrate all of our efforts on improving the company 's financial performance.
It is clear that our objective remains our commitment to live up to the confidence that you have shown us over the years and I will update you on our company 's performance when we release our annual results for fiscal year 2006 in early November.

Yours sincerely,

Karl L.Holz
Chairman and CEO,Euro Disney S.A.S.

I think I will buy some too.
Does anyone know what discounts you get. Is it hotels, food and merchandise?

I am going to give them a call to purchase.

Janine, the benefits are listed here. Lovely photo in your siggy! :goodvibes
Bexx said:
Just had a look at the Squaregain - now Selftrade - website.
For those who have bought their shares with Selftrade (Squaregain) ~ do you end up with a share certificate?

Is it easy enough to buy?
I am frightened of getting in a muddle and paying way too much than I should or something!!
If anyone has doen it before, do I just phone the telephone number that pops up when I click on the tick of the Euro Disney SCA and take it from there?
Do I need to be aware of anything?
Sorry to sound dumb but total novice here!

Ware Bears said:
Janine, the benefits are listed here. Lovely photo in your siggy! :goodvibes

For those who have bought their shares with Selftrade (Squaregain) ~ do you end up with a share certificate?

Thanks Elaine, best day of my life to have Minnie & Mickey at my wedding.

Right i've got mine so will fax off application tomorrow.

Ooohhh - can't wait now - i feel I need a special shareholder's pin! LOL

Janet x

higgy66 said:
Right i've got mine so will fax off application tomorrow.

Ooohhh - can't wait now - i feel I need a special shareholder's pin! LOL

Janet x

I don't know if you will get one, was it just for the special anniversary or are they still giving them to people when you join.

Just bought my shares through Self Trade.

I opened an account with them on-line yesterday. I had sufficient money debited into this account to cover the purchase of the shares, the £12.50 fee and the £10 for the paper share certificate.

I first tried using the internet but this did not work so I rang them up and "a nice" man helped me through the process.

I told him how many shares I wanted and the maximum value I wanted to pay (in pence) for a share. He then said "Thats it done, the order has gone through". I explained that I needed proof of purchase and explained about why I was buying the shares, he told me that he would organise for my stock to be "re-materialised" and that my share certificate would be sent to me in the next 10-14 working days.

So now I sit and wait.........

Ware Bears said:
I didn't when they were called Comdect (or something like that). I faxed through a pdf of the transaction invoice which shareholder's club happily accepted.

janine said:
I think I will buy some too.
Does anyone know what discounts you get. Is it hotels, food and merchandise?

I am going to give them a call to purchase.
Hi Janine and welcome to DLP DIS board :wave2:
We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each :goodvibes

If you have not had a look yet, posting guidelines can be found here and details regarding help on signatures here

chrismoo said:
I don't know if you will get one, was it just for the special anniversary or are they still giving them to people when you join.
I thought they were special anniversary pins so it will be good to hear from people who have recently become shareholders if they got a pin :)

OOPS - hope I haven't started anything here about pins..... I was only joking... I didn't even know they had a shareholder pin! :rotfl2:

Sorry folks.

Janet

I have just gone into my Self Trade account to print out my contract note and I have noticed that they might be having a little problem with the Euro Disney shares. They are saying that they have a value £9999.99 per share. This means that my account is worth about £17,000,000.

So if you do buy the shares today check the prices very carefully as I am sure that this can not be right!!! (It would be nice though)

My DH husband, he's a bit technical, has said that its just a problem with "the feed", looks like the yacht will have to wait a bit longer

I am at a total loss here.
I phoned them up because I wasn't sure how much to fund my account by to enable me to purchase the 2000 shares plus any fees they may add.
Th person I spoke to just didn't have a clue about anything, in fact I got off the phone thinking I told him more than he knew!He said I didnt need a share certificate, I could just print proof of purchase off, is that right?
I am still non the wiser of how much I need to fund the account by, can anyone help?
Also how do I get to speak to a dealer? He told me I had to do it through my bank, but surely thats not the only way????

I found buying the shares from Self Trade quite straight forward.

I put £125 in our account, this allowed for a price of to 5p (0.07 euro) a share, £12.50 fee and £10 for the certificate. I then rang the given Customer Service number. I did not choose any option and was put through to a Customer Service Advisor. He made the purchase there and then. I told him that I wanted a minimum of 2000 shares and wanted to spend £115 pounds (this included £102.50 for shares and £12.50 fees). I was then told that I had purchased the shares.

I asked for a certificate and they said that they would try to get me one, though I was sent (to my message box on the Self Trade Website) a "Contract Note" which gives details of the transaction, including cost, number of shares and date.

They said that as it was an overseas stock they may have difficulties getting the certificate, but as I have been charged for it I presume that it will be on its way.

The process was quite simple for me, other than them making a typo in the message they sent to me regarding my certificate, (Euro Tunnel instead of Euro Disney).

DLRP accept a printout of the 'contract note' as proof of share ownership as this is what I used just recently when I bought my shares from Self Trade.

I also got the nice pin and have just this week received my actual membership card after being sent a temporary memerbship card to begin with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter