Share Price falls to new low.

Iain Chapman

Are we back at DLRP yet?
Hi All,

The Share price for Eurodisney SCA fell to it's lowest at €0.05!.

This gives the company a valuation of "only" €150 million! (apparently, given I stole this all from somewhere else).

On a plus note - if you were thinking of getting more shares, now may be the time to do it.

As a relatively 'newbie' to all things DLP - this makes joining the Shareholders Club by purchasing 2,000 shares a relatively cheap option. :cheer2:

Has anyone done this before and where did you purchase your shares?

And if I have a Shareholders card would this entitle me discount / entry to Salon Mickey as well as my wife or would it only apply to the 'shareholder'?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

PS. Appreciate the risks but it wouldn't be done for financial reward and my wife would love to be able to say she 'owned' a piece of Disney!

Based on last year performance, I should be able to buy the remainig shares this time next year for nothing.

Hopefully things will turn arround soon.

digidave said:
As a relatively 'newbie' to all things DLP - this makes joining the Shareholders Club by purchasing 2,000 shares a relatively cheap option. :cheer2:

Has anyone done this before and where did you purchase your shares?

And if I have a Shareholders card would this entitle me discount / entry to Salon Mickey as well as my wife or would it only apply to the 'shareholder'?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

PS. Appreciate the risks but it wouldn't be done for financial reward and my wife would love to be able to say she 'owned' a piece of Disney!

If you become a member of the shareholders club you and your wife would be given entry into Salon Mickey but any discounts would have to be by whoever the cardholder is.

The shares have ceased trading on the London Stock market. They can be bought on the Paris stock market though, if I remember correctly. So i'm not sure how you go about buying them as most of the people on this forum bought them when they were trading in the UK. I think your bank should be able to help though.

Nikki :)

Purchase my PSE listed shares from www.squaregain.co.uk
Customer service not great but function was to buy Euro Disney shares.

Agree definitely a good time to consider additional shares given the price :thumbsup2

Only thing to watch with Squaragain is to make sure after you complete your purchase they actualy charge you in converted Euros.

They made the mistake of charging me £0.12 per share rather then €0.12, so check the statments carefully afterwards.

Just had a look at the Squaregain - now Selftrade - website. Just wondering how I go about buying more shares from them - which account do I choose?

Sorry - I'm a bit dumb about this sort of thing!! :blush:

Not being very familiar with stocks and shares, do owning these impact on you income? I'm thinking mainly of affecting tax credit, etc. Or would it only matter if they were cashed in?

I'm seriously considering purchasing a few as they can't get much lower, can they!?!?

Lynn

Bexx said:
Just had a look at the Squaregain - now Selftrade - website. Just wondering how I go about buying more shares from them - which account do I choose?

Sorry - I'm a bit dumb about this sort of thing!! :blush:

Don't worry Becky it's not very clear from what I remember. :goodvibes

I registered online and then phoned to open my account and buy the shares. You can't buy online as it's a foreign exchange.

PM me if you get stuck and I'll try to help ! ;)

arieliwish said:
Not being very familiar with stocks and shares, do owning these impact on you income? I'm thinking mainly of affecting tax credit, etc. Or would it only matter if they were cashed in?

I'm seriously considering purchasing a few as they can't get much lower, can they!?!?

Lynn

If you are buying them for the benfits the most you will need is 2000 (about £100) so this should not affect tax credits

Without sounding like my dad can I just add a cautionary note that "the value of your investment may go up aswell as down".

Please only purchase shares if you are happy with the risk that they may become worthless and you may lose your initial investment. :sad2: Of course if that happens the park would more than likely close which may be a bigger concern for people on this forum :rolleyes1

Right I'm off to chuck my £100 into the ring. All this talk on here may even push the price up :-)

Actually, buying shares of Disneyland, and getting the Shareholder Club card it's more interesting for the discounts than for the value of the investment.

With the discounts on my local Disney Store my investment has been well spent....

digidave said:
Without sounding like my dad can I just add a cautionary note that "the value of your investment may go up aswell as down".
I doubt anyone buys because of an investment. My broker :lmao: needed new trousers as he couldn't understand why anyone would buy these shares. Of course it is only for the shareholders card :thumbsup2

Ok guys - seriously thinking of buying the 2000 shares to get the discounts etc

Can anyone tell me what exactly you get by becoming a shareholder...
And also if any discounts apply to meals - as longs as I pay the bill does the discount go on the whole bill

thanks in advance

Janet :wave:

Basically, you must fill a form (you can find it here), submit it via mail or fax and provide a proof of purchase. You will find all the info on the form.

The discount on meals will apply to the whole bill

Thanks for that. As we're going for 6 days I think I would probably get my money back on the discount for meals alone. :cheer2:

When it says 10% discount for Disney Stores europe - I'm correct in thinking I can go along to my local disney store and get 10% :confused3

Thanks again

Yes. I'm living in Spain, and I have used the card in several different cities. In some Disney Stores they have to check with their manager, but it's OK. I've never had a problem. I got my 10% discount even on sales season

I can also confirm they work great in UK stores, even on sale items.

Sometimes they need to check the book to find out how much discount but it has allways been accepted.

we go in just over 5 weeks, so am I right in thinking my membership application and card wouldn't come through in that time? As we have no other trips to DLP planned, the discounts for this upcoming trip would be the main reason for purchasing the shares (along with the hope that they must surely go higher sooner or later!)

Lynn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter