Share Price falls to new low.

I got my letter and pin this morning.

Going to the Disney Store to buy my DD a new Snow White dress this afternoon, may as well start using the discounts.

Hi
I am sorry I knew I sound really simple but how do I go about buying shares and how much would it cost to get enough to have the privileges discussed in the earlier threads?
:confused3 I have looked at the Eurodisney SCA and self trade site but to be honest they may as well be in swaheli???(don't know how to spell that) as I do not understand any of it.

Can anyone help? :goodvibes

cstokell said:
I found buying the shares from Self Trade quite straight forward.

I put £125 in our account, this allowed for a price of to 5p (0.07 euro) a share, £12.50 fee and £10 for the certificate. I then rang the given Customer Service number. I did not choose any option and was put through to a Customer Service Advisor. He made the purchase there and then. I told him that I wanted a minimum of 2000 shares and wanted to spend £115 pounds (this included £102.50 for shares and £12.50 fees). I was then told that I had purchased the shares.

I asked for a certificate and they said that they would try to get me one, though I was sent (to my message box on the Self Trade Website) a "Contract Note" which gives details of the transaction, including cost, number of shares and date.

The process was quite simple for me, other than them making a typo in the message they sent to me regarding my certificate, (Euro Tunnel instead of Euro Disney).

First open an account with Self Trade, this is done by clicking the "open an Account" tab at the top of the page. I applied on line and opened a "personal" (Dealing Account). Then credit your account with about £120. This can be by BACS trransfer or by using your debit card (I used my debit card its quicker) once the money is visible in your account then you are ready to trade.

See above for the details of how I bought my shares. I am sure that the staff at Self Trade are probably getting used to peforming this transaction over the last few weeks.

I then printed the "Contract Note" and faxed it with the application form. It took about two weeks for me to get my card and membership pin.

If you need any more help give me a shout.

cstokell said:
First open an account with Self Trade, this is done by clicking the "open an Account" tab at the top of the page. I applied on line and opened a "personal" (Dealing Account). Then credit your account with about £120. This can be by BACS trransfer or by using your debit card (I used my debit card its quicker) once the money is visible in your account then you are ready to trade.

See above for the details of how I bought my shares. I am sure that the staff at Self Trade are probably getting used to peforming this transaction over the last few weeks.

I then printed the "Contract Note" and faxed it with the application form. It took about two weeks for me to get my card and membership pin.

If you need any more help give me a shout.
That's a good description :thumbsup2

Can anyone help, bought 200 shares, but my contract note says Euro Disney Comm, (not SCA), does anyone know if these are the same or not?

cheers

Elizabeth

not sure to be honest :confused3

However, was that a typo error as you need 2000 shares to be a member of the shareholders club and get the discounts. :)

higgy66 said:
not sure to be honest :confused3

However, was that a typo error as you need 2000 shares to be a member of the shareholders club and get the discounts. :)

oops yes it was 2000, at least I got that bit right..

I think you'll be fine with your share holding.

Note that you need a minimum of 500 shares to become a member of shareholders club. Membership is renewed every 2 years. Membership fee is €30. If you hold 2,000 or more shares the membership fee is waived :thumbsup2

I think you'll be fine with your share holding.

Note that you need a minimum of 500 shares to become a member of shareholders club. Membership is renewed every 2 years. Membership fee is €30. If you hold 2,000 or more shares the membership fee is waived :thumbsup2

Does that mean you get charged €30 every time the membership is renewed?

oh darn its at 0.09!!! Wish I had seen this post last week!!! Would love to get some shares before baby arrives!

I'm really kicking myself, I was toying with buying 2,000 this time last year when they were 0.05!!!

Lynn
:confused3

Lost £25 on the value of mine today! God job we didn't buy them for their money making ability! Am tempted to buy some more as a gift for my god daughters whilst the price is as low as this.

Has the price dropped today then ?
I've been toying with the idea of getting some they seem to start the day at 0.09 euros and end at 0.08.
We've 7 weeks left before our next jaunt, from previous experience would I be able to buy the shares and sort out membership before then or would I be pushing it ?

Wasn't sure whether to start a new thread or add it to this one, so I will try adding first.

I now have 2000 shares and will hopefully have a temporary membership card or letter when we visit DLRP.

My question is, if you register a credit card at your Disney hotel and use their charge card to pay for meals and purchases so you only pay your total bill when checking out of the hotel, can you then produce your Shareholders card and obtain the necessary discount off those purchases that apply, or do they have to apply the discount at the time of purchase during the stay ?

Has anyone any experience of this ?

You get the discount at the either the restaurant or shop when you pay, even if you are paying using the hotel charge card.

You just need to show the Shareholders card when you are paying in the shop or when you are requesting the bill in the restaurants, they will then deduct the discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter