Shampoo, conditioner ... Dispensers?

And they don’t replace the contents between guests. Our stateroom host just topped them up the last night to be ready for the next cruise. We were on the Fantasy cruise with the norovirus.

Just off the Wonder, too. Had the same experience with the tiniest amount of product coming out with each pump. However I was pleasantly surprised to see stacks of paper Navigators readily available - right next to Guest Services, in the bins on the wall. No need to ask for them, just grabbed one each day.

Yep, just off the Wonder for the Members Cruise also. Give a little pull then push the dispenser and a reasonable amount came out. The spring mechanism in the pumper is pathetic.
The H2O products do a great job and I'm not packing extra products to carry on and off the ship.

I liked the bigger dispensers, got plenty of lotion and lots of conditioner. I'm not crazy about the conditioner, takes a lot for my hair.
I'm just going to have to buy some for home.

Off the Fantasy a couple weeks ago and thought I'd share the picture of how they're refilled. I had hoped that maybe they'd replace the bottle each week, but each room steward had one of these.
IMG_8153.jpg

Off the Fantasy a couple weeks ago and thought I'd share the picture of how they're refilled. I had hoped that maybe they'd replace the bottle each week, but each room steward had one of these.
View attachment 407975

Oh my, I bet that is a pain for the stateroom hosts. It will take them a lot more time to fill the dispensers than to replace the individual tubes.

A friend of mine just got off the Dream. They were very upset to discover no personal navigators delivered to rooms every night anymore and no tubes of shampoo, conditioner and body lotion. Instead there were dispensers.

Can anyone that was on the Fantasy recently confirm if this is the same there?
I was on the Magic for the EBTA and they had the new dispensers. The only thing that bothered me about it was that the pump motion was too short and you had to pump 15 times to get a normal amount of shampoo out. That was a pain.

I was on the Magic for the EBTA and they had the new dispensers. The only thing that bothered me about it was that the pump motion was too short and you had to pump 15 times to get a normal amount of shampoo out. That was a pain.
Exactly my problem as well. They need to update the pumps. I was like..."that's all I'm getting?"...Others have pointed out that you spend more time in the shower and waste water becuase you're spending so much time pumping those darn bottles to get a substantial amount of product out. Disney can do better! The bottles and pumps are the same as the ones put in all the WDW hotels as well so I wonder what sort of feedback they've been receiving.

We were on a different cruise line right after the EBTA on the Magic. The Magic's "tamper-proof" containers were certainly not - the seals weren't even properly attached on any of the bottles in either of our rooms. They also weren't topped up. Pretty gross. I honestly don't know why DCL didn't just move to locked wall dispensers. They might be unattractive, but at least guests can't open the tops and stick their hands in. On the 2nd cruise line they had both locked wall dispensers and some individual tubes (not replaced during the 7 days, but I didn't use them up either).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter