Shampoo, conditioner ... Dispensers?

TeenaS

DIS Veteran
A friend of mine just got off the Dream. They were very upset to discover no personal navigators delivered to rooms every night anymore and no tubes of shampoo, conditioner and body lotion. Instead there were dispensers.

Can anyone that was on the Fantasy recently confirm if this is the same there?

A friend of mine just got off the Dream. They were very upset to discover no personal navigators delivered to rooms every night anymore and no tubes of shampoo, conditioner and body lotion. Instead there were dispensers.

Can anyone that was on the Fantasy recently confirm if this is the same there?
These changes are coming out on all of the ships (and also at the WDW resorts, in regards to the toiletries). We cruised a week ago on the Magic, and that was her last cruise during which passengers received individual toiletries. The paper Navigators are still at Guest Services each day, and you can request the next day's Navigator if you stop by in the evening.

Last edited:
I actually didn't mind the dispensers at all. I'm not one to take the toiletries anyway and I found it easy to use. To be clear they were large pump bottles on a shelf in the shower and you can move the bottle, which we did for my son so he could reach the shampoo when taking a bath.

But I really, really missed the printed navigators. I never went by guest services to grab a printed one. I liked getting them in my room. Also parts if the app didn't work. For instance the weather was shown as 0 degrees celcius every day. And I like being phone free on vaca.

On the Fantasy last week. Toiletries haven’t changed yet. No regular delivery of paper navigators, but we asked at Guest Services on day one and they arranged for our stateroom attendant to deliver us one each night.

Just got off the Fantasy today. The large refillable bottles (with a tamper-proof seal) are being used. Like a poster above, our family liked them - we had a bottle of shampoo, conditioner, body wash and body lotion. We did have a small bar soap for the sink.

We also had the experience of being offered daily stateroom delivery of a paper Navigator after picking one up at Guest Services.

I got off of the Magic a week ago and they had not made the switch to dispensers, but I will say that there were no Navigators delivered to the room. I was annoyed because I did not download the app while at the cruise terminal because I haven't used the app in the past. I prefer carrying the wave phone as you can use it to make phone calls. With the app you can only text.

I was on the Fantasy last week. It was the first cruise to use the refillable bottles. We used them because we were the first. I don't trust that someone would not put something gross in the bottles on their last day for the next guest. The tamper proof stickers are easy to peel off, unscrew the cap of the bottle, screw it back on, and replace the sticker. They just say tamper proof, they really aren't.

I loved the app after using it for a day. You can see the entire week's activities plus the menu in the dining rooms. You can mark the activities you'd like to do and a reminder is sent to your phone 15 minutes before the activity begins. The texting wasn't reliable but we found if you left the chat open, it worked a bit better.

Different things upset different people. Some people get angry about referee calls they don't like while watching sports. Others get angry when some of their usual vacation perks are taken away. To each his own.

Thanks for that.

I can understand converting to the dispensers. They are probably saving tons of money. But how I love the H2O products. I will miss it!

I wonder if Concierge will still get the products.

I can understand converting to the dispensers. They are probably saving tons of money. But how I love the H2O products. I will miss it!

Even if they do, it's gross Elemis stuff and not the wonderful H20 stuff.

I really think people are way overthinking the dispensers. I seriously doubt that someone is going to pay the premium on Disney just to put stuff in ONE cabin's dispensers.

We will be in Concierge on the Magic leaving Friday. I was chatting with Shoreside about other things and asked. The Magic was to go to dispensers as of 3/31. As of my cruise, we will be receiving the individual bottles of Elemis still. However, this may be changing in the future. (For the record, I am also one of those who really does not understand why people are so upset about this). I will be asking for paper navigators.

We were on Fantasy 3/23-3/30. I always bring my own shampoo/conditioner but used the dispensers for my kids. Only complaint, having to pump 10-15 times to get enough product.

There was an app update the morning of our cruise. At check in, we were advised to update to the latest version. The chat function mostly worked. There were a few times the messages didn't go through right away. I wish they had the first day Navigator available in the terminal to look at when waiting to board. The app doesn't work yet, it would have been nice to see the afternoon/evening activities. I thought we would be requesting a paper Navigator every day but we actually liked the app. It was nice to look ahead to see what was coming later in the week.

Just got off the Wonder last Friday and they have made the switch to dispensers, too. DCL should mount dispensers in the shower area because the bulky containers they have now don't fit in the rack in there (one does, but the other doesn't). I still would like a bar of soap.
They also stopped the Navigators at night to encourage you to use the app and save trees. However, you can get a printed one at Guest Services, which is the only real way, in my mind, where everything is laid out in front of you and you can easily see all schedules/activities/etc. to plan your next day. Having the menus on the app is great. They still have towel animals...ours got more bizarre each night, but fun. The chocolate treats are still there, too.
Great trip, but short at 5 nights. Cruise on...

I don't mind the dispensers but I want to get the paper navigator in my room.

You’ll get one in the terminal on your departure day. Once onboard ask to have the paper version left in your stateroom daily. You can ask at Guest Services and our stateroom host asked us.

You’ll get one in the terminal on your departure day. Once onboard ask to have the paper version left in your stateroom daily. You can ask at Guest Services and our stateroom host asked us.

The only part available at PC on 3/23 was the cruise highlights/overview pages. The actual schedule for the day was not available in the terminal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter