SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

Does anyone have a clever way to protect your SoG ID? It's just a printed piece of paper. I've stuck it in my wallet in the past, and by the end of the trip it's pretty raggedy. I'm bring my kids and grandkids next year and trying to figure out an easy way to show it for busses.

I use a little card holder, like this: https://adband.com/products/budget-...MI-v3d-rfU3QIVb7XtCh3FHQBVEAQYASABEgK56fD_BwE

Granted, I live in the UK so I just bring over ones I've accumulated and give one to my brother and dad, but I'm sure you could probably find something similar? I have to say, the bus drivers have always loved us because we're always ready with our IDs open when we board ;) And it works well for entering EMH too!

Does anyone have photos of an accessible room at SOG? Specifically I’m looking for info on the bathrooms with roll in showers, do they have a bench seat built onto the wall like Disney resorts have in their roll in showers?

Does anyone have photos of an accessible room at SOG? Specifically I’m looking for info on the bathrooms with roll in showers, do they have a bench seat built onto the wall like Disney resorts have in their roll in showers?

I don't have pictures, but last November we were in an ADA room with roll-in shower in the Palm wing (our trips the two previous years were ADA with tub in Magnolia; the tubs had a board that you pull down to rest over one end of the tub). The seat was really nice (in my opinion as a non-disabled user who used it to shave her legs!). It's either collapsed up against the wall or you can pull it down to utilise it. It had a mesh seat and backing.

I don't have pictures, but last November we were in an ADA room with roll-in shower in the Palm wing (our trips the two previous years were ADA with tub in Magnolia; the tubs had a board that you pull down to rest over one end of the tub). The seat was really nice (in my opinion as a non-disabled user who used it to shave her legs!). It's either collapsed up against the wall or you can pull it down to utilise it. It had a mesh seat and backing.

Thank you for the info, did the roll in shower also have the seat or just rooms with the tubs?

Thank you for the info, did the roll in shower also have the seat or just rooms with the tubs?

Sorry I wasn't very clear! The tubs only had a shower board. The roll in shower had a full chair. Both could be moved out of the way for those that don't need them (the board being folded up against the wall and the chair being collapsed up against the wall), but can't be removed from the tub/shower as they're secured to the walls. The shower chair had a mesh back and seat. The tubs were in pre-renovation rooms, and the shower was in a post-renovation room.

Sorry I wasn't very clear! The tubs only had a shower board. The roll in shower had a full chair. Both could be moved out of the way for those that don't need them (the board being folded up against the wall and the chair being collapsed up against the wall), but can't be removed from the tub/shower as they're secured to the walls. The shower chair had a mesh back and seat. The tubs were in pre-renovation rooms, and the shower was in a post-renovation room.

Thank you so much for the info!

So I bought Military Salute tickets on base for my Disneyworld trip and ended up being unable to use one (my Au Pair couldn't come). It's a 5 day park hopper with Water parks and more. Of course they are completely non-refundable
1f641.png
I paid $284 and would be thrilled if I could get $200 for it. If anyone wants to buy it, it will save you 85 bucks over the regular price if you were gonna buy anyway. Since it was purchased at Buckley, it's a voucher (can be used to set up fast pass but then has to be activated at guest services on arrival with a valid ID) It's only good until 12/19/18 (blacked out during xmas ) as are all the 2018 Salute tickets. Feel free to PM me if interested. I'd accept Venmo for payment.

So I bought Military Salute tickets on base for my Disneyworld trip and ended up being unable to use one (my Au Pair couldn't come). It's a 5 day park hopper with Water parks and more. Of course they are completely non-refundable
1f641.png
I paid $284 and would be thrilled if I could get $200 for it. If anyone wants to buy it, it will save you 85 bucks over the regular price if you were gonna buy anyway. Since it was purchased at Buckley, it's a voucher (can be used to set up fast pass but then has to be activated at guest services on arrival with a valid ID) It's only good until 12/19/18 (blacked out during xmas ) as are all the 2018 Salute tickets. Feel free to PM me if interested. I'd accept Venmo for payment.

FYI—If there’s a chance you’ll go again next year, contact SOG and they’ll let you pay the difference and change it to a 2019 Salute ticket. Our daughter had a last minute work obligation come up last year so they let us change her ticket to a 2018 after paying the difference.

FYI—If there’s a chance you’ll go again next year, contact SOG and they’ll let you pay the difference and change it to a 2019 Salute ticket. Our daughter had a last minute work obligation come up last year so they let us change her ticket to a 2018 after paying the difference.

Did you do this before or after the new tickets came out?

We have stayed at SOG many times in the past and are currently looking into going back in early March 2019. We have not been to WDW in about 3 years. I believe that I saw a post that said the Magnolia Wing was being renovated/refurbished. Excuse me this has been asked before but when is the refurbishment supposed to be complete. We have always preferred the Magnolia Wing. Thanks so much.

I called to order my 2019 tickets from SOG and the lady I talked too said I had to wait 6 months before my trip, has anyone else been told this? I never have before....

I called to order my 2019 tickets from SOG and the lady I talked too said I had to wait 6 months before my trip, has anyone else been told this? I never have before....
Nope. Bought last year in December for a June trip, 7 months out.

Got my email today to buy my tickets for January trip! Very excited. it asks for the information from the military ID card and says to put the servicemember's information, but in this case he's not going. Anyone done this before? i am thinking I will put all his info up top but just put my and my daughter's names where it asks for whose going. I'm sure they will let me know if that's not right.

Got my email today to buy my tickets for January trip! Very excited. it asks for the information from the military ID card and says to put the servicemember's information, but in this case he's not going. Anyone done this before? i am thinking I will put all his info up top but just put my and my daughter's names where it asks for whose going. I'm sure they will let me know if that's not right.

This is correct. Put the service members info but put your name under reservation name.

I was told you could only get your salute tickets 6 months before your arrival date is this true? I called and they told me I would have to wait till January to request mine I'm going in June. My dining is in December, will not having my tickets effect my dining reservations?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter