SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

You don’t need tickets to make dining reservations, but if the restaurant is in one of the parks you will need a ticket in December to get into the park to get to the restaurant.

So I don't need to link my Salute tickets to make my 180 day dining reservations. Ok that's good.... I just noticed the tickets come before the dining on MDE and thought you needed them first..

I called to order my 2019 tickets from SOG and the lady I talked too said I had to wait 6 months before my trip, has anyone else been told this? I never have before....
I was just told this. Contacted Steve at Disney military tips and he hasn’t heard this before either. I was really bummed because I wanted to beat the price change

Does anyone know when the annual pass vouchers purchased from Shades of Green expire? We wanted to purchase Annual Passes from Shades of Green when we visit in January, but not activate them for possibly a few years. When we bought our current APs from Disney, the vouchers didn't expire until 2030 and I was hoping the SOG APs were the same. Thanks!

I was just told this. Contacted Steve at Disney military tips and he hasn’t heard this before either. I was really bummed because I wanted to beat the price change
The Salute tickets for 2019 will be the same price for all of 2019. The salute tickets can only be used for the year they are designated.

The Salute tickets for 2019 will be the same price for all of 2019. The salute tickets can only be used for the year they are designated.
I was looking to buy Stars and Stripes, not Salute. Not so patiently waiting to see how the price hike effected those or if they even renewed them.

Just to remind folks to check if SOG has discounts after you book your trip. I was surfing on military Disney tips and noticed that the last two days of our trip were discounted. One five-minute call later, I saved $28.

Now that SOG can be linked in MDE, does anyone know if that opens dining at 180 plus 10? And the same for FP, is it 60 + 10? Or will it remain a day by day thing?

Now that SOG can be linked in MDE, does anyone know if that opens dining at 180 plus 10? And the same for FP, is it 60 + 10? Or will it remain a day by day thing?
Yes you can book 60 plus 10 and 180 plus 10. Its considered "on property" I have heard that it will only show 30 days for fast pass until day 60 and then it opens up so dont be shocked if it looks like its not going to let you do them

Yes you can book 60 plus 10 and 180 plus 10. Its considered "on property" I have heard that it will only show 30 days for fast pass until day 60 and then it opens up so dont be shocked if it looks like its not going to let you do them

Oh thank goodness! Thank you for replying!

I was just coming here to ask the same question about booking Fast passes. We haven't been to Disney since they started the online system on MDE. Just to make sure I have the booking Fast Passes system correct, I can book all my fast passes at once 60 days before first day of my stay at SOG. To get the exact 60 day booking date, do you just count backwards starting on the day you will check in? Is there a certain time of day that the FP booking window opens up or can you book at 12:01 am on your booking day? Sorry for all the crazy questions. DH and I have never been "planners" on our Disney vacation so having to plan so far out is a little odd for us.

I was just coming here to ask the same question about booking Fast passes. We haven't been to Disney since they started the online system on MDE. Just to make sure I have the booking Fast Passes system correct, I can book all my fast passes at once 60 days before first day of my stay at SOG. To get the exact 60 day booking date, do you just count backwards starting on the day you will check in? Is there a certain time of day that the FP booking window opens up or can you book at 12:01 am on your booking day? Sorry for all the crazy questions. DH and I have never been "planners" on our Disney vacation so having to plan so far out is a little odd for us.
The window opens at 7am eastern time for Fastpass. Used to be midnight and they changed that a few years back. I just found a site called WDW Untangled and it has a calculator for both dining and Fastpass dates.

Chiming in to see if anyone is staying at SoG soon and can find out about new ticket pricing (stars & stripes, etc). If not, I'll be stopping in there mid-December and can get current pricing.

Chiming in to see if anyone is staying at SoG soon and can find out about new ticket pricing (stars & stripes, etc). If not, I'll be stopping in there mid-December and can get current pricing.
Prices for 2019 haven’t been released yet for stars and strips or Magic Your Way. I am not so patiently waiting also

Prices for 2019 haven’t been released yet for stars and strips or Magic Your Way. I am not so patiently waiting also
Yep. Now that WDW has the crazy daily pricing, I'm hoping the S&S tickets are a better deal, since either way you are pretty limited to your current length of stay.

This was probably already discussed, but not sure where to find it.....how do most people travel to/from MCO to SOG?? On my previous stay, we did a day before/after our SOG stay at a WDW resort to use ME.

We are thinking of doing an impromptu trip in May and are considering all costs.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter