SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

Looking at the MVMCP military rates, it's $71.50/adult but dates for that pricing are listed as Nov 9, 12,13,15 only.

This is the price I got for my MVMCP tickets for Nov 12th, and there was a $10 shipping charge -- I have the order forms (ordered mine on March 24th, wow time flies), if someone wants the forms just PM me your email address.

I didn't have a shipping charge for MNSSHP tickets, but I opted to pick up at the front desk on arrival. They only let me order 30days before my stay as I'm a veteran not eligible for the military pricing unless staying there (Sept, Jan). Jeff was super helpful to me planning too!

For those that mentioned SOG and linking with MDE, can you tell me if you called Disney to link it or was it automatically done? I have been following that it's now, well it's been for a bit, 60 days for FP. Also, last time we stayed at SOG and also did the parks it didn't link and it was the 30 day FP, but we also split stay with BC so it all worked out to 60 days FP. But anyway back to the linking, I'm really curious, does it show up now or do you have to call it in to link? Considering a WDW and SOG trip next summer. Thanks if you answer!

You log into MDE and click on "link hotel reservation". Then you put in your SOG reservation number and it should link for you. Then it shows up as a hotel reservation on your account. However, there are glitches with SOG and MDE. For some reason, SOG reservations are constantly being kicked out of MDE and you have to go back in and link it again.
Also, apparently MDE and the website are experiencing technical difficulties right now. My reservations got kicked out days ago and I haven't been able to get them linked back up. I've called a couple times and gotten a recording that they are having problems with MDE and the website and are working on it. So you may not be able to link them right now.

We just got home from our Disney vacation where we spent 3 nights at Shades of Green and then moved over to Beach Club.
We were pleasantly surprised at how much we loved SOG! We stayed on the Palm side and enjoyed being close to the parking garage and a short walk to our vehicle. (We drove)
The room was very nice and clean! Loved having the ceiling fan! The balcony was so nice and the whole property was so calm, quiet, and relaxing.
The only complaint I could have is that there’s no good navigation from the Palm side to the pools. They need some signs. We had a hard time finding the pools and went on some “adventures” a few times.
I’m anxious to see how the refurbishments have gone in the magnolia side because we may stay closer to the pool next time.
(The pools were both great! We all loved the big slide and my kids loved both slides)
We also loved the buffet and most of all, the pricing! $65 with tip for 5 people to eat is unheard of on Disney property. Plus the food was good and my kids loved the activities they had for them. (Making pizza for example)
Having Starbucks’s coffee in the lobby was great as well!

The walk to the Poly for the monorail sealed the deal for me. It was such a nice walk and really not that long.

We’ve visited Disney 3 times now and have always stayed at a Disney resort. I can honestly say that this will be our “home” resort from now on.
We went to Beach Club from SOG and it was such a disappointment! Especially considering we were paying so much more.

The only complaint I could have is that there’s no good navigation from the Palm side to the pools. They need some signs. We had a hard time finding the pools and went on some “adventures” a few times.

I don't know why there isn't signs, I've never stayed on the Palm side, we love the pool and that walk isn't short. The Magnolia pool is even harder to find if you are new. LOL

We are vacationing with a military family and they offered to get us Salute tickets. However, they won't be getting there until a day after us. Would it be a problem for us (non military) to use the Salute tickets before they join us?

We are vacationing with a military family and they offered to get us Salute tickets. However, they won't be getting there until a day after us. Would it be a problem for us (non military) to use the Salute tickets before they join us?

I don't think you can do that. Where are you staying? If they purchased them from their local base, then the military member has to be present along with all ticket users to activate the tickets before use. If purchased from Shades of Green they are already activated but I'm guessing you aren't staying there if you are arriving a day before since the military member also has to be there to check in to Shades.

I don't think you can do that. Where are you staying? If they purchased them from their local base, then the military member has to be present along with all ticket users to activate the tickets before use. If purchased from Shades of Green they are already activated but I'm guessing you aren't staying there if you are arriving a day before since the military member also has to be there to check in to Shades.

Thanks. That is what I was thinking. I'll ask her where she purchased hers. We are both staying onsite not at Shades this time.

We just got home from our Disney vacation where we spent 3 nights at Shades of Green and then moved over to Beach Club.
We were pleasantly surprised at how much we loved SOG! We stayed on the Palm side and enjoyed being close to the parking garage and a short walk to our vehicle. (We drove)
The room was very nice and clean! Loved having the ceiling fan! The balcony was so nice and the whole property was so calm, quiet, and relaxing.
I’m anxious to see how the refurbishments have gone in the magnolia side because we may stay closer to the pool next time.
(The pools were both great! We all loved the big slide and my kids loved both slides)
We also loved the buffet and most of all, the pricing! $65 with tip for 5 people to eat is unheard of on Disney property. Plus the food was good and my kids loved the activities they had for them. (Making pizza for example)
Having Starbucks’s coffee in the lobby was great as well!

The walk to the Poly for the monorail sealed the deal for me. It was such a nice walk and really not that long.

We’ve visited Disney 3 times now and have always stayed at a Disney resort. I can honestly say that this will be our “home” resort from now on.
We went to Beach Club from SOG and it was such a disappointment! Especially considering we were paying so much more.

We've done exact thing, split stay SOG and BC. To be fair the BC was awesome over SOG in size, pool, mickey waffles and refillable drinks with our Disney cups at the store downstairs, oh and EPCOT location by far. However, the room at BC in my opinion was terrible in comparison from what we had at SOG. I could hear everything on the other room next to us, and we had a balcony that looked onto the roof top, very far walk down the hallway.

We love SOG, I don't care too much that it isn't really Disney themed, we get theming all day at the parks. Love the Palm wing, it's my favorite even though it's not closest to the pool. We always try to stay there if we can. I guess they could add a sign on the path to the pool as you suggested, we've never had trouble finding it, however, I would like to see some better lighting on that path by the back pond of the Palm wing that goes by the golf course/tennis court leading up to Evergreens. We stayed one night this year (non Disney-related overnight Orlando trip) and my son and I could not see much at all, it was just a really dark night, I don't see well at night as is, but he had trouble seeing too so we had to use my iPhone flashlight.

DH and I think the buffet is OK, the price is not as bad in comparison with closer resorts, and the variety is usually fine and my kids really love it. They are the bigger fans of it. It's a little understaffed, well it has been every time we've been anyway. I think in total we've have five or six stays over the years. Love having the coffee place in the lobby! I usually go down to get my coffee while everyone's getting dressed and I love the lobby even though not themed.
That's my few minutes of calm time, getting my coffee in the lobby with the tall windows.
Also like the little place by the bus waiting area on occasion will grab something for the kids there. Also we like to walk over to the monorail sometimes!

You log into MDE and click on "link hotel reservation". Then you put in your SOG reservation number and it should link for you. Then it shows up as a hotel reservation on your account. However, there are glitches with SOG and MDE. For some reason, SOG reservations are constantly being kicked out of MDE and you have to go back in and link it again.
Also, apparently MDE and the website are experiencing technical difficulties right now. My reservations got kicked out days ago and I haven't been able to get them linked back up. I've called a couple times and gotten a recording that they are having problems with MDE and the website and are working on it. So you may not be able to link them right now.
Same here Kicks me out when I try to link and and ask for members of my party and when I pick one it says names do not match and kicks me out.

Reactions: mog
I wanted to share my experience with MDE staying at SOG the 3rd week NOV 2018, as a guest of a service member. When we first linked our SOG reservations, both ours and the other family's reservations linked with no problem, although after a few weeks ours disappeared completely and Disney doesn't have any record of it, though SOG still did. This worried me at first because of making FP+ selections at 60 day but I was told by Disney that as long as the other reservation still showed up, I can make FP+ selections through the service member's res because it was still showing up and we are all linked.

Fast forward to 4 days before my 60 day FP window and neither reservation is showing up, so I am on full panic mode. I call and log a ticket that day, and then the day before my window begins I call again, but still nothing linked. Im on hold for about an hour, but THANKFULLY the Disney rep in the MDE website dept tells me that they will make all the FP+ selections for me (a day early) and attach them to our MDE account. So she stayed on the phone with me and I was able to get all the FPs I needed at basically whatever time I needed them. They really went above and beyond to fix their mistake the best they could, and really save our trip. I would suggest being very patient and nice with them and tell them exactly what you need and I know that they will do their best to help.

Will the Minnie vans pick you up at the MCO airport and take you to SOG? I heard they will go to the airport now but will they take you to SOG?

I wanted to share my experience with MDE staying at SOG the 3rd week NOV 2018, as a guest of a service member. When we first linked our SOG reservations, both ours and the other family's reservations linked with no problem, although after a few weeks ours disappeared completely and Disney doesn't have any record of it, though SOG still did. This worried me at first because of making FP+ selections at 60 day but I was told by Disney that as long as the other reservation still showed up, I can make FP+ selections through the service member's res because it was still showing up and we are all linked.

Fast forward to 4 days before my 60 day FP window and neither reservation is showing up, so I am on full panic mode. I call and log a ticket that day, and then the day before my window begins I call again, but still nothing linked. Im on hold for about an hour, but THANKFULLY the Disney rep in the MDE website dept tells me that they will make all the FP+ selections for me (a day early) and attach them to our MDE account. So she stayed on the phone with me and I was able to get all the FPs I needed at basically whatever time I needed them. They really went above and beyond to fix their mistake the best they could, and really save our trip. I would suggest being very patient and nice with them and tell them exactly what you need and I know that they will do their best to help.

Thanks for the info! I have reservations for January and again next May, and neither set will currently load into MDE - I have my fingers crossed that they will have the interface issues worked out before my 60-day-prior point arrives, but I certainly wouldn't bet money on it!

For others that are in the same boat, here are the phone numbers that I have used in the past to contact the IT department for issues with MDE and another couple times with tickets that were used in the wrong order due to incorrect prioritization.

WDW Internet Help Desk
(407) 939-7765 (option 4)
Hours: 7:00am-11:00pm ET 7 days

WDW Ticketing
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat

Does anyone have a clever way to protect your SoG ID? It's just a printed piece of paper. I've stuck it in my wallet in the past, and by the end of the trip it's pretty raggedy. I'm bring my kids and grandkids next year and trying to figure out an easy way to show it for busses. Kids could use a lanyard I guess, but I don't want to use a lanyard. Also, do kids have to show their SoG ID also? IE does everyone show an ID or just adults. I've only traveled with adults in the past when staying at SoG. Thanks

Also, do kids have to show their SoG ID also? IE does everyone show an ID or just adults.
When I was there a couple of weeks ago w/ my adult brother, the bus drivers would tell us just one SOG ID (little paper one) per party. I will put in the disclaimer that I'm not sure if this is *always* how it works, but they do have information on their website about ages / IDs etc. I've been with DH and 4 littles before and we always were able to just show one paper and then DH and I would show our photo ID. Have a magical time with your family <3

Does anyone have a clever way to protect your SoG ID? It's just a printed piece of paper. I've stuck it in my wallet in the past, and by the end of the trip it's pretty raggedy. I'm bring my kids and grandkids next year and trying to figure out an easy way to show it for busses. Kids could use a lanyard I guess, but I don't want to use a lanyard. Also, do kids have to show their SoG ID also? IE does everyone show an ID or just adults. I've only traveled with adults in the past when staying at SoG. Thanks

From the Shades website:
" All guests 18 and up must show a valid military or state issued photo ID.

Kids ages 15-17 are only required to show their resort ID. No ID is required for kids age 14 or under."

As for keeping it from getting wrinkled, you could bring packing tape and cover it so it is kinda laminated. If yours doesn't survive your trip, you can just ask for a new one at the front desk.

From the Shades website:
" All guests 18 and up must show a valid military or state issued photo ID.

Kids ages 15-17 are only required to show their resort ID. No ID is required for kids age 14 or under."

As for keeping it from getting wrinkled, you could bring packing tape and cover it so it is kinda laminated. If yours doesn't survive your trip, you can just ask for a new one at the front desk.
Thanks, I couldn't find that one easily with my phone ;) but that's what I was thinking of!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter