Sewing Costumes

I want to make an Aurora Dress, in blue for Oct 2007 MNSSHP. I have not seen an adult pattern anywhere. anyone got any ideas? :maleficen

grandmouse and buzzbellemom....

thanks for your replies. my mom is going to be able to modify another princess dress pattern we already have, and my dd got to pick out her fabric for the wendy costume...she had SO much fun finding a light blue shimmery fabric "with tinkerbell's pixie dust already in it" (glitter), that i would have bought it REGARDLESS of the price, but it was only a few dollars a yard!

i don't recall who here was making the fruit bat costume, but, oh, i would love to see a picture!!!!!

take care,

Greenepona said:
I want to make an Aurora Dress, in blue for Oct 2007 MNSSHP. I have not seen an adult pattern anywhere. anyone got any ideas? :maleficen

Just a wild idea, but have you looked into the Medieval costume patterns? You could probably tweak one of those.

47b7ce34b3127ccebe2a040e293e00000025100AaOXDhu1ZNmIg

Not a good picture. But Kirsta is cinderella. She was a huge hit in the parks. I had CM walking across the street to tell me it was the most origional costume they had seen in years. And guests asking where I got it so because thier daughters wanted one. I thought it was pretty simple.

She decided on a bobby soxer, so I'm about to cut out the poodle skirt. I got off really easy there, the pattern gave all the pieces to make the poodle, butI actually found the exact applique from Wrights, already made. Whew! I just got my new machine last Thursday, I'm still learning all the bells and whistles, I'm not sure about sewing the applique on, the lady in the fabric dept. at Wal-Mart told me to use that fabric glue. This will also be my first zipper, although I also bought pink velcro in case I have to improvise. :) I feel your pain about the "itchies". I'm so glad I found the distressed leather looking fabric at Wal-Mart. DD had originally picked out a brown gabardine blend at Hancock. I started the costume using the adult size, the lady at Hobby Lobby told me that patterns run so much off that the kids (4-8) would be too small for her. Well, guess what? The ladies small looked too big for me when I stitched up the pants. So, back to the drawing board. The size 8 worked perfect. My only problem was with the shirt cuffs, so I simply put elastic instead. The pirate is finished now (yippee) so my biggest challenge is behind me. I wish I could post a picture here of it, but alas, I have no clue how to do so.
47b7d908b3127cceb8a38a5fb7c100000025100AaOXDhu1ZNmIg
47b7d908b3127cceb8ad01d7b70f00000026100AaOXDhu1ZNmIg

My version of the updated poodle skirt. We had dinner at 50s Prime Time. All she wanted was to show Pluto her skirt and we could never catch up to him before they closed the line off. I found a bandana with paw prints on it, and she wore that in her hair.

47b7d908b3127cceb8a38a5fb7c100000025100AaOXDhu1ZNmIg
47b7d908b3127cceb8ad01d7b70f00000026100AaOXDhu1ZNmIg

My version of the updated poodle skirt. We had dinner at 50s Prime Time. All she wanted was to show Pluto her skirt and we could never catch up to him before they closed the line off. I found a bandana with paw prints on it, and she wore that in her hair.

This was last year:
September06011.jpg

September06008.jpg

This year I opted not to sew, they were so up in the air I would never have had time to complete. I love the detail of your "Pluto skirt"!

I love the detail of your "Pluto skirt"!

I used a coloring book picture. Then faked it as I went along. We chose grey for the skirt becuase that is the color of "Mom-mom's" skirt when she was girl. Kirsta loves the twirling skirts.

47b7d729b3127ccebbed01fdc4c100000025100AaOXDhu1ZNmIg
47b7d729b3127ccebbed01b845b400000025100AaOXDhu1ZNmIg

Not a Halloween costume, but a costume for Disney. I'm not fond of the Tink fabric, but it was all I could get at the time. I made the petals separate and she has shorts for it to. But she is into the twirling skirts right now.

Your costumes are cute. I really like the Pirate. Kirsta is in the phase "pirates are scary". But she can do Tower of Terror without thinking twice.

That is so funny! Amy has been totally in love with JAck Sparrow since the first movie. We didn't see it at the theater but when it came on HBO she watched it with her Dad, I was in another room. THat became her favorite movie. She's mellowed a little now, still loves it but not quite as rabid as last year. SHe may be growing up a little bit, a new cell phone that's easier to text with is at the top of her Xmas list instead of POTC stuff. :rotfl:

DD will probably be Ariel in her wedding gown. I have six or seven costumes to make in 16 weeks before we go to WDW. Whatever is done by Halloween can be worn. :)

Question: does anyone know how to make Prince Charming? I was thinking of taking Captain Hooks jacket and make it white. DS wants to be a prince, so far.

Do you think it would work?

well my costume is prince charming,
I just got my material today:rotfl: .
I just picked my favorite bits off the princes outfits, and put them together.
Its a jacket like the beast's, with those shoulder things cinderella's prince had (whatever they are called:lmao: ), and some legging-ish black pants, and boots.
Im not sure how Im making a crown, I want a circlet-ish one, so I think its time for some cardboard and papier mache:rotfl:

disney20071010.jpg
[/IMG]
Not sure these are the best pictures. I "borrowed" the idea for their costumes off eBay.
The girls are wearing super-easy-to-make black and red tutus. I made little corsets w/ coin trim and I got the Minnie ears for them @ WDW. They have the knock-off Converse shoes with red & white striped ribbon laces (used little rhinestones and Mickey shaped buttons on the sides to jazz them up). My son is wearing a pair of b & w striped shorts (I cut them jagged instead of putting in a hem). I appliqued a Mickey Pirate head to a t-shirt and he is wearing plain knock-off Converse. I really wanted a pirate Mickey hat for him w/o skulls so, I searched and finally found one on Main Street. My DH took a picture of my face when I found it, I was so happy!
Anyway, we are in Texas so, we have to pick costumes that are cool to wear. October is still very warm here.
All of your ideas are so wonderful. :goodvibes Thanks for letting me share my first homemade costumes!

Would anyone know where I can purchase a Pluto costume, size 16 or XS woman's?
OR where I can get a pattern for it.
Going to Disney in October and my daughter wants to be Mrs. Pluto.
Thanks!:)

I'm going to help you renew this thread. :) I am looking for an Ariel gown, either the ball or wedding gown it would be for a 7 year old little girl.

I am willing to make one, however with everything that is currently going on in my life that may be trick. I thought there was someone who made costumes, dresses, clothing for Disney. I hope to make my dear grand daughters 7th birthday super special.

Help Please!

Hi so this year my little brother and sister want to be peter pan and wendy for halloween. I just can't find a patterns for them. I was wondering if anyone knew where I can get some. This would be very helpful.

Thanks

As mentioned above, a nightgown pattern can be used for Wendy. Have you done a search of these boards? There is lots out there. There is a thread on the family board, I believe, of people who sew. Check that one out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter