September 4th, 2023 - 4-Night Bahamian Cruise from Port Canaveral (Nassau, Castaway Cay) ~DVC Member's Cruise~

First 12 hrs on board it did take a min to get used to not having midship elevators, but the change was for the better. It absolutely opened up the midship grand hall into a much more usable space.

Concerts, events, and general liveliness was a real change for midship. I think Disney planners really studied this aspect and will win the other DCL fans over to this new layout!

Our first DVC Members Cruise was a blast and led my wife to turn to me and say, DVC Member Cruises only from now on! Lol!
Member cruises can be addicting! And a regular cruise can seem kind of boring without all of the special MC programming,

Member cruises can be addicting! And a regular cruise can seem kind of boring without all of the special MC programming,
Oh man, we realized it getting into a random conversation with another passenger while waiting in line to board at the terminal! We (family of 5+2 friends) all had on our custom (“Our First DVC Member Cruise”) shirts and the other passenger said to us, “congratulations! You will love it”. I asked him how many he’s been on and he answered 15! Just 5 “normal” DCL cruises.

Then after “Princess The Concert”, my wife turned to me and said why don’t we exclusively do Member Cruises from now on. I almost cried…

Welcome back to shore everyone, @pkrieger2287 @bobbiwoz @Mathmagicland, DVC Member Cruisers!

Who here caught the event, "Sing! Disney Hits With the Stars", on night 3 (Pirate Night)? I am the proud Dad of the 18 yr-old who sang, "I See The Light", with Andrew (?last name)... Can someone tell me his last name and/or more info on his background so I can brag with more details to relatives?:blush:

Last edited:

Hi everyone- we had a fantastic time on our first member cruise.

His name is Andrew Levitt. We missed the first 15 minutes because of pirate night. Was she the beautiful girl with dark hair?

Hi everyone- we had a fantastic time on our first member cruise.

His name is Andrew Levitt. We missed the first 15 minutes because of pirate night. Was she the beautiful girl with dark hair?
Thank you, Levitt sounds right! Also thank you for the complement… she is! Btw, her wavy dark hair is natural! Mine is straight and she gets it from her mom (who straightens her own all the years I’ve known her) so it was a surprise to us when our daughter stopped straightening it and let the natural waves come out (and started getting gobs of complements about it!) 🥰

Your daughter has a phenomenal voice. I told my husband she could easily have been one of the leads in one of the shows.
What a great memory for your family.

Hi everyone! What an amazing first DVC Members cruise for us, too! It was our first time on the Wish. We met so many people having such a great time, and all said the same - a regular cruise just doesn't cut it any more! Although I did miss having some regular cruise "down time" - I just didn't want to miss out on the special content because it wasn't something I could go back and do another time!

I saw the announcements about the First Wave sailing for DVC on Disney Treasure and had to giggle with all the notices that it is NOT a Members cruise with all the special programming and gifts!

Hi everyone! What an amazing first DVC Members cruise for us, too! It was our first time on the Wish. We met so many people having such a great time, and all said the same - a regular cruise just doesn't cut it any more! Although I did miss having some regular cruise "down time" - I just didn't want to miss out on the special content because it wasn't something I could go back and do another time!

I saw the announcements about the First Wave sailing for DVC on Disney Treasure and had to giggle with all the notices that it is NOT a Members cruise with all the special programming and gifts!
You have expressed the way I feel about MCs. I also missed doing “regular“ cruise activities, and I am so happy we have a Merrytime Cruise on the Wish in December! I want to explore this beautiful ship some more!

Same! It is now family policy. Hahaha.

You have expressed the way I feel about MCs. I also missed doing “regular“ cruise activities, and I am so happy we have a Merrytime Cruise on the Wish in December! I want to explore this beautiful ship some more!
Lucky!

Has there ever been a Member Cruise during the Christmas season? Is there a thread on Disboards that compiles every single Member Cruise?

Same! It is now family policy. Hahaha.

Lucky!

Has there ever been a Member Cruise during the Christmas season? Is there a thread on Disboards that compiles every single Member Cruise?
I am pretty sure there has never been a Member Cruise in December. There was a three night cruise in early January 2013.

Welcome back to shore everyone, @pkrieger2287 @bobbiwoz @Mathmagicland, DVC Member Cruisers!

Who here caught the event, "Sing! Disney Hits With the Stars", on night 3 (Pirate Night)? I am the proud Dad of the 18 yr-old who sang, "I See The Light", with Andrew (?last name)... Can someone tell me his last name and/or more info on his background so I can brag with more details to relatives?:blush:
She was amazing!!!!! I was there, she started night off, and she set the bar so high for those who followed. She has a gift, and it was a treat to hear her sing. Congratulations, you must be so proud!! Her enthusiasm to be selected was so cute!!

His name is Andrew Levitt, recently off the national tour of Hairspray. (The things I learn while watching the Wish Morning show…I was one of the 10 who watched every day LOL. Ryan March had a short interview with him that morning.).

https://www.broadwayworld.com/artic...rn-to-the-National-Tour-of-HAIRSPRAY-20220815

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nina_West

I don’t get much sleep on the member cruises, because I don’t want to miss anything. Thursday was like attending a D23 Expo, no time for lunch, snacks & water in the backpack, and running from one end of ship to the other and back again to not miss any panels. Whew! Totally worth it, though.

Your daughter has a phenomenal voice. I told my husband she could easily have been one of the leads in one of the shows.
What a great memory for your family.

She was amazing!!!!! I was there, she started night off, and she set the bar so high for those who followed. She has a gift, and it was a treat to hear her sing. Congratulations, you must be so proud!! Her enthusiasm to be selected was so cute!!

His name is Andrew Levitt, recently off the national tour of Hairspray. (The things I learn while watching the Wish Morning show…I was one of the 10 who watched every day LOL. Ryan March had a short interview with him that morning.).

https://www.broadwayworld.com/artic...rn-to-the-National-Tour-of-HAIRSPRAY-20220815

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nina_West
Thank you so much for your generous 172FC372-4678-405B-B2B7-564191C143AA_1_102_o.jpegcomplements. My heart bursts with pride! Here she is with one of her favorites...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter