September 4th, 2023 - 4-Night Bahamian Cruise from Port Canaveral (Nassau, Castaway Cay) ~DVC Member's Cruise~

I found it! :yay: I'm Meghan, and it looks like this cruise will just be me and my two boys, 25 and 22. Hubby and daughter say they can't come. (Clearly they have their priorities wrong. :rotfl2:). We've been members since 2002, and just love Member Cruises. I try to go on any that I possibly can, and now I can't settle for any other cruises!

We are Bob, Barb and Carter and this will be our 6th DCL, maybe our 15th overall cruise, BUT first members cruise. So excited!! I did start a :fish: Extender group already….cause I am “that” type A person :yay:

We lIve 1/2 time in Denver the other on HHI. I am super excited to have our first cruise that we can DRIVE to the port. I have no idea why I find this the biggest perk, but, oh, I DO!!

We will be celebrating our sons 25th bday and our 30th Anniversary.

Last edited:

Hello! I'm Sherry and will be traveling with my husband Kevin. This will be our 9th DCL cruise and we booked a B2B for the 3 day after this cruise so yay for finally (hopefully) reaching platinum! We have been members since 2012 but have never been on a member cruise. We were booked on the 2021 member cruise and we all know how that one went...

Our 30th anniversary is Oct 2023 so we have made this cruise our anniversary trip.

Hello! I'm Sherry and will be traveling with my husband Kevin. This will be our 9th DCL cruise and we booked a B2B for the 3 day after this cruise so yay for finally (hopefully) reaching platinum! We have been members since 2012 but have never been on a member cruise. We were booked on the 2021 member cruise and we all know how that one went...

Our 30th anniversary is Oct 2023 so we have made this cruise our anniversary trip.
Ours too! What day is yours? Ours is on the 9th. So many people seem to celebrating their 30th! Love the B2B idea. Didn’t even think of that

Ahoy mates! This will be our 11th DCL cruise, but our first DVC Members cruise. We've been members since 2006 but this is the first time that the dates have been good for us AND I noticed it before booking day! We are traveling with our now-adult sons (they were 8 and 9 on our first DCL cruise in 2005). They talked us into getting connecting balcony cabins instead of sending them to an inside or non-balcony cabin. Our last cruise on DCL was in 2019 on the Fantasy which was the first cruise we did where we didn't share a cabin. We paid for inside, but they upgraded themselves to a oceanview (non-balcony) cabin and paid the difference. We just recently added them to our DVC titles/deeds, so we felt like they should get equal treatment (after all, they spent many nights sleeping on pull-out / fold-down sofas/chairs through our DVC years).

Hello all!! Jenna and Joey here!! This will be our 3rd DCL cruise; but have sailed other lines before. First member cruise though!! We are so excited!! We are also doing to B2B with the 3 day after this one!!

Hi everyone - we are glad to finally have this booked, showing up on our DCL account, and paid!
It will be just DH and me - DS 18 heads off to college in a month and God willing, will be there in Sept 2023 as well! DS 15 is in high school and class will be in session.
Sept 4 is DH's bday. Our anniversary is in Oct as well (19th) - 20th anniversary this year! We are going to be in DL/DCA to celebrate this year (in conjunction with a work conference for me) so 2 fun Disney-related trips 2 years in a row in the fall! YAY!
I am a DCL platinum cruiser, DH is gold. DS 18 is the big DCL fan - he loves the shows and everything about DCL, so he is really sad to miss this, although we have been trying to see if we can find something on the Wish on one of his breaks this year. He really wants to go to Palo now that he is 18.
After many trips to WDW and on DCL because DS 15 had a serious food allergy that they did such a great job with, we became DVC members in 2016 - we waited way too long!
This will be our 2nd DVC Member Cruise - we (again, just DH and me with the kids in school) did the 2019 cruise to Bermuda which included my 1st trip to NYC and I got to ride in the Peloton NYC studio for my 400th ride! We drove from CLE to NYC and that was really nice because I am not a very good flyer. We had a blast, although probably could have done without the hurricane and DH was disappointed to miss the Boston stop!!
We've also been on Celebrity once and RCCL once.
Looking forward to it!!!

Last edited:
Hello everyone, permission to come aboard.
We are Bob and Barb and this will be our first member cruise and also our first B2B cruise. We are sailing the three night before this cruise, figured we would be one of the first ones back on the ship.
Hopefully we can snag some of the hard to get tastings before everyone else comes aboard. Can't wait for this member cruise, we have been wanting to go on one for some time now!

Last edited:
Hello! This will be both our first DVC member cruise and first DCL cruise. Super excited and will be bringing the whole family, including our little princesses, 2.5 years old and 14 months. Hoping to take advantage of the it's a small world nursery for a date night on the ship!

Ours too! What day is yours? Ours is on the 9th. So many people seem to celebrating their 30th! Love the B2B idea. Didn’t even think of that
Our anniversary is also October 9th!

This will be our first true Members Cruise (we did the Wish one last month) and we are super excited to join everyone. :)

Hello, We were not sure we wanted to book this cruise, mainly because it is less than 7 nights. But, we decided we would like to experience the Wish for ourselves and the last member cruise we were on, 2019 Bermuda, was fabulous. So, cruising will be myself and my DH. This is either our 15th or 16th Disney Cruise, not sure anymore as I've forgotten some of the earlier cruises we did. We have begun to venture out from DCL, last year we sailed on the Celebrity Edge and LOVED IT!! We sail on the Discovery Princess this September to Alaska for our first Princess cruise. But we still love DCL and will continue to sail with Disney as well. We loved our Hawaii Cruise on the Wonder this past May. The renovations that were done on the Wonder is fabulous and it may now be our favorite ship, with The Magic a close 2nd. We have been DVC members since 1999, with our first contract at Hilton Head. Also, if you've never done an Adventures by Disney, I highly recommend. Our favorite vacation of all time was our ABD to Iceland in 2018. Sometimes you can add an ABD to a cruise, which would only enhance your vacation.
I've read soooo many negative reviews about The Wish, but I plan to forget all of that and just set my mind to have a fabulous trip. My favorite thing to do on DCL ships is people watch. I love the interaction guests have with the characters. Makes me smile. Looking forward to reading about everyone who will be on this cruise.
Here are a few pics from our DVC member cruise in 2019. We had a huge bag of haul, our bed each night had gifts.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 11
In the past, I have organized a “Local or regional Candy or Treat” exchange. For instance, PA Folks could give something from Hershey, GA people gave peach hard candies, and I forget what area gave something called cheese straws. A small note identifying the treat is often included.

If you care to join, the treats would be one delivery to each cabin, with enough to share. Treats would be factory wrapped, not homemade.

Is anyone interested? I haven’t done this post Covid, but in the past, I did keep the groups under 10, and I would do the same now.

In the past, I have organized a “Local or regional Candy or Treat” exchange. For instance, PA Folks could give something from Hershey, GA people gave peach hard candies, and I forget what area gave something called cheese straws. A small note identifying the treat is often included.

If you care to join, the treats would be one delivery to each cabin, with enough to share. Treats would be factory wrapped, not homemade.

Is anyone interested? I haven’t done this post Covid, but in the past, I did keep the groups under 10, and I would do the same now.
I would be interested in participating!! Sounds awesome!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter