**September 2019**

I swore last time we would not do the Halloween party again. But then DD 10 wanted to while DH is at HHN with the 12 yo. And then when I started reading the reports from this year I was a little apprehensive, but like @joviroxx said, sometimes you just go with it and plan with crowds in mind to make it the best.

Single digit dance :banana:

I've brought out the suitcases!! It's getting real!! 2 more weeks!!!

Anyone else packing in August?? :tongue:

haha we'll be lucky if we pack the day before we leave. We typically just throw stuff into suitcases and load up the car quick. We don't have kids this trip. The more we travel the more we put off packing! On my business trips I literally pack 30 minutes before heading to the airport.

When can you normally expect to receive your luggage tags? I want to know so I can make sure to hide it from the kids (they don't know we are going without them). I already ordered custom magic bands and we have those already (even though they are lost already haha).

When can you normally expect to receive your luggage tags? I want to know so I can make sure to hide it from the kids (they don't know we are going without them). I already ordered custom magic bands and we have those already (even though they are lost already haha).
Your luggage tags should be in the same box as your magic bands....mine were in a compartment on the right side that said “magical extras/luggage tags”

Your luggage tags should be in the same box as your magic bands....mine were in a compartment on the right side that said “magical extras/luggage tags”

Oooh ok I will look. I don't think that was the case for me because I ordered custom magic bands and they sent them way before I would have gotten the normal colored bands.

In the past I think we received ours about 2 weeks out, one trip I got them almost a month ahead, and one trip we didn't get any. My bro is headed there next week and theirs came 3 weeks before their check in.

Oooh ok I will look. I don't think that was the case for me because I ordered custom magic bands and they sent them way before I would have gotten the normal colored bands.
My responses is if you mean the yellow Magical Express tag - the previous poster is referring to the Disney free tags they give you to list your address if lost.

My responses is if you mean the yellow Magical Express tag - the previous poster is referring to the Disney free tags they give you to list your address if lost.
Oooh...good point. I assumed she was talking about the plastic luggage tags w characters on them. I ordered custom bands and those came in my magic band box. The magical express tags came a little less than 30 days before our trip this time. Also, if you want to hide them from the kids, don’t let them get the mail...they’re in an envelope with Mickey on it and says Magical Express. ;)

Our first trip we got the DME tags nice and early. The 2nd trip I'm not sure they ever came but it wasn't before we left. We'll see on my current one. Bonus to them if they get them to me as I booked it less than 30 days out.

Thanks that is what I meant the Magical Express luggage tags...

Oooh...good point. I assumed she was talking about the plastic luggage tags w characters on them. I ordered custom bands and those came in my magic band box. The magical express tags came a little less than 30 days before our trip this time. Also, if you want to hide them from the kids, don’t let them get the mail...they’re in an envelope with Mickey on it and says Magical Express. ;)

Yeah I meant the Magical Express tags. I saw some people post those I thought and I had forgotten completely about them. The last time I used Magical Express was in 2007 when we stayed at the Poly. The two trips after that were offsite. Now it is just the wife and I at BCV (I am a guy but people say maam to me at drive throughs so I am used to it :) )

I'll try to not let them get the mail but sometimes my wife sends them since it is around the corner and it is convenient. :)

Our first trip we got the DME tags nice and early. The 2nd trip I'm not sure they ever came but it wasn't before we left. We'll see on my current one. Bonus to them if they get them to me as I booked it less than 30 days out.

Sounds like no rhyme or reason.

I've brought out the suitcases!! It's getting real!! 2 more weeks!!!

Anyone else packing in August?? :tongue:
My family always mocks me, I start the outfit/packing list as far out as a month sometimes - especially if I want to buy a few new things. Then 2 weeks before I am pulling clothes and items I know I won't wear (or shouldn't so I don't create laundry) into piles in the spare room with suitcases. Last 2 trips I had to unpack completely and repack 2 days before we left because we saw changes in weather I hadn't planned for and wanted to reorganize for a split stay. This trip it is so weird to be 20 something days out and have not even considered what to pack or anything, the book a trip at less than 30 days out may be my new favorite way to book Disney :)

My family always mocks me, I start the outfit/packing list as far out as a month sometimes - especially if I want to buy a few new things. Then 2 weeks before I am pulling clothes and items I know I won't wear (or shouldn't so I don't create laundry) into piles in the spare room with suitcases. Last 2 trips I had to unpack completely and repack 2 days before we left because we saw changes in weather I hadn't planned for and wanted to reorganize for a split stay. This trip it is so weird to be 20 something days out and have not even considered what to pack or anything, the book a trip at less than 30 days out may be my new favorite way to book Disney :)

I just put together my amazon shopping list for the trip! Gotta buy some moleskin, bandaids and the like. Also already bought new clothes, and my favorite is my new "Childless Millennial" shirt with a Mickey Pretzel head on it. LOL

This is the one month mark for our trip! I am excited!!! I am probably driving my wife nuts! I am an overplanner. I keep checking reservations and second guessing myself.

Same here with my wife... We are at 25 days out and I keep looking at everything and thinking of changing stuff... she is like, stop changing stuff and lets just go with it lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter