**September 2019**

Hello! Haven't posted in YEARS!!! Our trip 9/9-9/16 SSR. Getting more concerned about the crowds the closer we get. DH and I are disputing over the late night hard ticket at MK. We did it in January and loved it!! BUT it was 47 DEGREES!!! We froze our you know what's off! I want to go again but this time enjoy the warmer weather, DH thinks we don't need to do this because the crowds will be manageable, any thoughts? Also thinking about doing a fireworks cruise. And, yes, we will be arriving at HS at 5 a.m. for GE.
Manageable crowds are not what we used to call light crowds. I don’t think Disney does light crowds anymore. We are hoping for lighter crowds but planning for heavy crowds and taking advantage of the after hours opportunities.

i FINALLY caved this weekend and we told the kids. I made them sit together and handed them the box with the bands. Our 12 year old DD burst into tears and our 5 year old DS was kind like "huh??" but now that it's sunk in he's all about it. . .this morning I was regaled with facts about Toy Story land that he saw in a commercial "mama, there's a big stand up buzz, and an alien ride, and a slinky dog ride. ..can we go on those mama??" <3

Hi! I just found this thread :) We are going (myself, husband, and 15m old son) Sept 1st-6th and staying at AKL! Of course we planned this trip to AVOID Galaxy's Edge and yet, here we are. I have our MK day as Tuesday, the 3rd, but all the calendars say that Labor Day, Sept 2nd, would be a better day because it's a party day. Have any of you ever been to MK on Labor Day? Are party days really that much less crowded during the day? I am thinking that even with the GE crowds, Labor Day will likely still be a travel day for most folks who need to go back home to get ready for school the next day. We are planning to arrive at the park at 6:30am and stay until around 11am/12pm regardless of which day we go. I'm really hoping one of you can help me with this! Thanks so much.

Hi! I just found this thread :) We are going (myself, husband, and 15m old son) Sept 1st-6th and staying at AKL! Of course we planned this trip to AVOID Galaxy's Edge and yet, here we are. I have our MK day as Tuesday, the 3rd, but all the calendars say that Labor Day, Sept 2nd, would be a better day because it's a party day. Have any of you ever been to MK on Labor Day? Are party days really that much less crowded during the day? I am thinking that even with the GE crowds, Labor Day will likely still be a travel day for most folks who need to go back home to get ready for school the next day. We are planning to arrive at the park at 6:30am and stay until around 11am/12pm regardless of which day we go. I'm really hoping one of you can help me with this! Thanks so much.
Yes, party days are less crowded and more enjoyable IMO. We seem to travel only during party season, and only go to MK on party days with the exception of hopping over one evening so we can see Happily Ever After. Do you have hoppers? What I would be concerned about is that your trip is in less than 2 weeks - do you want to switch around your ADRs and FP so late?

i FINALLY caved this weekend and we told the kids. I made them sit together and handed them the box with the bands. Our 12 year old DD burst into tears and our 5 year old DS was kind like "huh??" but now that it's sunk in he's all about it. . .this morning I was regaled with facts about Toy Story land that he saw in a commercial "mama, there's a big stand up buzz, and an alien ride, and a slinky dog ride. ..can we go on those mama??" <3

Love this - thanks for sharing! I haven't told my kids yet and everyday I want to cave....but holding out for the Magic band box... which hasn't even shipped yet!

I think when we all planned our trips for September, we were thinking we'd squeak in just before SWGE. Surprise! Ha!

I've never been on Labor Day, but in our experience (have been twice in September), party days are significantly less crowded at MK. If you're leaving around lunch time anyway, I'd say switch to a party day if you can. You'll avoid the crowd that starts filtering in at 4pm for the party, and you'll have an easier time than you would on a crowded non-party day.

Yes, party days are less crowded and more enjoyable IMO. We seem to travel only during party season, and only go to MK on party days with the exception of hopping over one evening so we can see Happily Ever After. Do you have hoppers? What I would be concerned about is that your trip is in less than 2 weeks - do you want to switch around your ADRs and FP so late?
There's a ton of FP availability and we were planning on eating at the resort that evening anyway. Didn't have anything scheduled for during the day, so switching will be fine! Do you think the fact that it's a holiday will affect the general lower-crowds-on-party-days rule? Maybe not because logically, if you were going to choose a park to go to on labor day, the one with the least amount of hours would not be the first choice for most people?

There's a ton of FP availability and we were planning on eating at the resort that evening anyway. Didn't have anything scheduled for during the day, so switching will be fine! Do you think the fact that it's a holiday will affect the general lower-crowds-on-party-days rule? Maybe not because logically, if you were going to choose a park to go to on labor day, the one with the least amount of hours would not be the first choice for most people?
That's what I think - like if I was a local, I'm not wasting a holiday park day on the park that closes at 6pm. However as a guest there all week who enjoys lower crowds on party days, I would for sure be there on Labor Day.

I am so happy (and jealous :tilt:) for those going in early September. I would love to hear everyone’s experiences with the EEMH when they go, to help us plan our morning. We plan on 6am rope dropping one time, if it’s worth it. Have a great trip to those leaving sooner and later.

Me too! I am ready to hear how the EEMH goes, especially at HS.

That's great! We were planning to surprise the kids, but I think we are going to tell them once our magic bands arrive. DS is 11 and DD is 5 so I can't wait to see their reactions!! The last time we went was when DS was 6 and DD was 5 months old!

We paid off our trip on Friday!! We just need to buy our MNSSHP tickets and we are ready.

When did everyone's magic bands arrived? We are 32 days out today, but we have 2 sets coming since we added a room only night on the front of our trip a few weeks ago!

I'm 2.5 weeks out! Can't wait!!! I actually added on an additional day and am going to spend a day at Universal. I've lost a lot of weight (90 pounds!) and I want to go on all of the Harry Potter rides that I didn't fit on last year. Then I have four full days at Disney. I can not wait!!!!!

We are waiting to tell our DS 7 and 4, until we leave. The first time we set up a display at their preschool with Disney stuffed animals and balloons with a sign that said we are going to Disney (not that they could read it). Last year we did a scavenger hunt and each clue lead to a small Mickey surprise (key chain, bandaids, Mickey shaped goldfish, etc) then the final clue had an exploding box that had their suitcases, Magic bands, Mickey balloons, and shirts I made. This year we are driving for the first time, 8 hours. Thinking of telling them we are going to dinner then driving until they start questioning too much. We will then tell them we are lost and ask them to look at the map to find us. I have park maps to give them and we will go on with the hints from there if needed. I think my DS 7 will get it quick. I love surprising them with stuff.

We are doing our first split stay, 9/1-9/4 AKL Club and 9/4-9/18 GF SL. Cannot wait, but am curious about how many people will do the 6am EMH. This has got to be the hardest wait ever..... and it will be just DH and I.
Hello! Haven't posted in YEARS!!! Our trip 9/9-9/16 SSR. Getting more concerned about the crowds the closer we get. DH and I are disputing over the late night hard ticket at MK. We did it in January and loved it!! BUT it was 47 DEGREES!!! We froze our you know what's off! I want to go again but this time enjoy the warmer weather, DH thinks we don't need to do this because the crowds will be manageable, any thoughts? Also thinking about doing a fireworks cruise. And, yes, we will be arriving at HS at 5 a.m. for GE.
Added to roll call! Welcome :)

I'm 2.5 weeks out! Can't wait!!! I actually added on an additional day and am going to spend a day at Universal. I've lost a lot of weight (90 pounds!) and I want to go on all of the Harry Potter rides that I didn't fit on last year. Then I have four full days at Disney. I can not wait!!!!!
Congrats, that is quite an accomplishment!

We are waiting to tell our DS 7 and 4, until we leave. The first time we set up a display at their preschool with Disney stuffed animals and balloons with a sign that said we are going to Disney (not that they could read it). Last year we did a scavenger hunt and each clue lead to a small Mickey surprise (key chain, bandaids, Mickey shaped goldfish, etc) then the final clue had an exploding box that had their suitcases, Magic bands, Mickey balloons, and shirts I made. This year we are driving for the first time, 8 hours. Thinking of telling them we are going to dinner then driving until they start questioning too much. We will then tell them we are lost and ask them to look at the map to find us. I have park maps to give them and we will go on with the hints from there if needed. I think my DS 7 will get it quick. I love surprising them with stuff.

I am trying to wait until we leave too! My DD8 has always helped me plan in the past so it’s been so hard!
I was able to get the upgraded magic bands but I didn’t realize they shipped right away! Got them about a month ago and started opening them right in front of her :sad2: luckily she didn’t see. She keeps asking what was in that package though! Hopefully I can make it another few weeks!

I love your ideas to surprise them! I always give Tinkerbell gifts each morning when we’re at Disney. Was just going to have one ready with her Magicband and new ears that morning.

I am trying to wait until we leave too! My DD8 has always helped me plan in the past so it’s been so hard!
I was able to get the upgraded magic bands but I didn’t realize they shipped right away! Got them about a month ago and started opening them right in front of her :sad2: luckily she didn’t see. She keeps asking what was in that package though! Hopefully I can make it another few weeks!

I love your ideas to surprise them! I always give Tinkerbell gifts each morning when we’re at Disney. Was just going to have one ready with her Magicband and new ears that morning.

I absolutely LOVE watching people surprise people with Disney trips! It is my ABSOLUTELY favorite thing to watch on youtube and I always end up crying for the kids cause I hope one day someone will surprise me like that lmfao but I think I'm past that.

I love both of your ideas! Especially the getting lost bit, please let me know how it all goes if you don't mind cause I looooove it.

My niece knows we are headed to DisneyWorld cause we are so excited. She also knows that she has a present down there, but she doesn't know it's the tea party with Alice and MadHatter. She always talks about MadHatter so this makes me so excited, especially cause I'm a huge Wonderland fan. So, what I am thinking so far is that I manage to forge their signatures and send her a crazy brightly colored letter before we go inviting her to the party. I am also considering having a CM slip it to us when we check in. I wonder if they'd do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter