September 2010 Check-In

Eugh. I really did not want to think about how hot that Monday was. I can't believe I survived it. And I was outside 'running' around the Park all darn day.

I don't think I would have been able to do that! I'm glad you survived.

We gave up. We slogged along in the heat at DL the past two days but today at DCA we had to leave as the temp hit 111. According to the weather, it was already 100 before the park opened at 10. We're thinking of skipping WOC tonight even though we've never seen it.

We were also at DCA last Monday in the heat. We ended up going on GRR over and over and over to keep cool and waited around for WOC, which we all loved!

We went over to Disneyland on Monday the 27th around 10am just to pick up our tickets. We had 5-day hoppers but no plan to go on Monday. We stopped in to ride Space Mountain anyway. Then we went to DTD until about noon. By that time we were covered in sweat and miserable! Spent the rest of the day with family. The thermometer on my husband's car said 120 at one point during the day!

temp.jpg

I was happy we didn't spend that day in the parks. Tuesday was pretty bad but I think Monday felt worse.

Wow, 120?! That was some ridiculous heat for sure!

The actual temp probably wasn't quite that high. I think it's probably a bit off since it's a car driving on the hot road. But it had to be at least 110 or so, I imagine.

Just checked and weather.com says it got up to 111 that day.

The actual temp probably wasn't quite that high. I think it's probably a bit off since it's a car driving on the hot road. But it had to be at least 110 or so, I imagine.

My iPhone said it got up to 108 at Angels Stadium, we checked off and on throughout the day...I bet it was hotter at the parks. It was nice to come home to the mid 60's!

My iPhone said it got up to 108 at Angels Stadium, we checked off and on throughout the day...I bet it was hotter at the parks. It was nice to come home to the mid 60's!

It's been the 60's and 70's here at home. So much nicer! The bad weather made coming home after a vacation very, very easy this time. LOL!

Which days were you in the parks?

We were going to go to the parks last Monday (9/27) but after seeing the forecast get hotter and hotter, we chose to tour L.A. and Hollywood that day...thinking we'd be in the car and AC for much of it. Smart move! That was the hottest day of our vacation!

The TV weathermen that night said it was 113 but the thermometer had broken(!!!), so it was likely up to 115-116. I've never felt such heat!! (At least it wasn't humid like here in the midwest when its hot.)

Still, we had a MARVELOUS vacation and first trip to DL!! Been back less than a week, and it seems like a month since we were there.

It's been the 60's and 70's here at home. So much nicer! The bad weather made coming home after a vacation very, very easy this time. LOL!

Which days were you in the parks?

We were in DL 9/26, 9/28, 9/30, 10/1 (just for MHP) and 10/2. We did DCA 9/27 and we drove down to Sea World for a day trip on 9/29. We left on Fri 9/25 though and drove 19 hours to get there, not fun!

We were in DL 9/26, 9/28, 9/30, 10/1 (just for MHP) and 10/2. We did DCA 9/27 and we drove down to Sea World for a day trip on 9/29. We left on Fri 9/25 though and drove 19 hours to get there, not fun!

We were also there the 28th and 30th. Wonder if we made it into the backgrounds of each others photos. LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter