September 2010 Check-In

Belle Ella

DIS Veteran
September2010.png

Are you planning a trip to the Disneyland Resort in September 2010? If so, check in here!!

Just post your dates, where you will be staying, and any special events you'll be celebrating below (please do not copy and paste) and I'll add you to the list! If you'd like to get involved in a meet-up let me know as well!

WereGoing.png

• [*]8/31 - 9/1: LVTiffy GCH
    [*]9/2 - 9/5: DVC Owner in MA GCV
    [*]9/2 - 9/6: Jenna319 GCH
    [*]9/2 - 9/6: marjam GCV
    [*]9/3 - 9/7: 3TinksAndAnEeyore GCH
    [*]9/3 - 9/11: mamaso CCI
    [*]9/4 - 9/6: kim3339 DLH
    [*]9/4 - 9/6: MotoXPrincess99 Red Lion Hotel
    [*]9/5 - 9/8: ginnyhowes
    [*]9/5 - 9/8: grumpy's fan
    [*]9/6 - 9/10: Colmenares3
    [*]9/6 - 9/11: cmpaige DLH
    [*]9/6 - 9/13: davidsprincess DLH
    [*]9/6 - 9/14: Escape2Disney GCH
    [*]9/7 - 9/12: mikeeymike HOJO
    [*]9/7 - 9/14: simplicio Fairfield
    [*]9/8 - 9/10: Lights_Out
    [*]9/10 - 9/13: exwdwcm Residence Inn Maingate Suites
    [*]9/10 - 9/14: Sharon Mouse
    [*]9/11 - 9/16: Disney-Kim GCH
    [*]9/11 - 9/18: Chickkypoo GCV
    [*]9/12 - 9/14: pumpkin5156 HOJO
    [*]9/12 - 9/17: masonite PPH
    [*]9/12 - 9/17: MissyPooh5890 DLH
    [*]9/12 - 9/18: DizOz GCH
    [*]9/12 - 9/18: heatherleigh DLH
    [*]9/12 - 9/19: caimakale GCH
    [*]9/13 - 9/15: ktlie88 GCH
    [*]9/13 - 9/18: burne99 GCH
    [*]9/13 - 9/18: Nala83 DLH
    [*]9/14 - 9/15: sunshine1259 DLH
    [*]9/14 - 9/18: SD33 Hyatt Regency
    [*]9/15 - 9/18: bnbheartdisney Desert Inn & Tropicana Inn
    [*]9/15 - 9/19: VictoriaAndMatt Ramada Maingate
    [*]9/15 - 9/20: ipdenc GCH
    [*]9/16 - 9/17: letthembelittle
    [*]9/16 - 9/22: Kayla's Mom HOJO
    [*]9/16 - 9/26: maelstrom GCH
    [*]9/16 - 9/29: lovintheland HOJO
    [*]9/17 - 9/24: danabalana DI&S
    [*]9/18 - 9/19: klexen
    [*]9/18 - 9/24: Sjwillia RI Maingate
    [*]9/18 - 9/25: akashellrae HOJO & PPI
    [*]9/19 - 9/22: Michaella Embassy Suites South
    [*]9/20 - 9/25: Homemom GCH
    [*]9/19 - 9/25: rccola18
    [*]9/20 - 9/26: mad9044
    [*]9/21 - 9/27: Copy_Pixie GCH
    [*]9/21 - 9/28: Podgieree GCV
  • 9/22 - 9/26: steves1bear BWPPI
  • 9/23 - 9/26: funball & skiingfast
  • 9/23 - 9/27: Belle Ella HOJO
  • 9/23 - 9/27: mebrm
  • 9/23 - 9/28: MAMACARLA
  • 9/23 - 9/29: jasonk5
  • 9/24 - 9/26: roobug Hilton Inn
  • 9/24 - 9/27: GottaLuvMickey PI&S
  • 9/24 - 9/28: gethane PPH
  • 9/24 - 9/29: phanomouse DLH
  • 9/25 - 9/26: klexen
  • 9/25 - 9/27: cmpaige BWPPI
  • 9/25 - 9/28: momstable PPH
  • 9/25 - 9/29: farmfresh GCH
  • 9/25 - 9/30: alyssa810 GCV
  • 9/25 - 9/30: grumpyskirtgirl DLH
  • 9/25 - 9/30: Tablefor5 HOJO
  • 9/25 - 10/1: AlaskaMomof2 GCH
  • 9/25 - 10/1: tink929 DSI
  • 9/26 - 10/1: duck_widow GCV
  • 9/27 - 10/1: AmyPond AP
  • 9/27 - 10/2: californiamomof4grls DI&S
  • 9/28 - 9/30: megasblue GCV & DLH
  • 9/28 - 10/4: kstand Park Vue Inn
  • 9/28 - 10/5: iridemyownmc Homewood Suites

MeetGreets.png

Check back here for possible meet and greet dates and locations with your fellow DIS'ers. And don't forget to pack your LGMH!

• September 24th @ 6:45p
    New Orleans Square, in front of Blue Bayou

- Funball
    - MAMACARLA
    - skiingfast

GADGAD.png

Did you give a day of volunteer service for your free Disney day in 2010? Tell us a little about your experience and if/how you plan on using your free admission.

3TinksAndAnEeyore
Belle Ella

TripReporters.png

A collection of our September travelers TRs. If you're writing one and would like it added just post below with your link.

Jazz's Scary Adventure by Belle Ella
WDW Vets 1st Stay at the Disneyland Resort by Jenna319
*Sept 2010* by Tablefor5
13.1 Miles of Disney Magic - A Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend by MotoXPrincess99

RideClosures.png

A list of rides that will be closed in September

• Star Tours - July 27 through May 19
    Making way for Star Tours II
  • Haunted Mansion - August 30 through September 16
    Holiday install
  • Main Street Vehicles & Horse Drawn Streetcars - September 7 through September 30
  • Space Mountain - September 12 through September 16
    Holiday install
  • Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin - September 20 through December 16
  • Indiana Jones Adventure - September 22
  • Mark Twain Riverboat - September 27 through September 30
  • Toy Story Midway Mania - August 30 through October 10

Conventions.png

A list of events, expos, and conventions in the area that may or may not play a part in park attendance.

My summer plans have officially been canned and I'm moving on to a for-sure, 100% happening celebration of my 24th birthday at Disneyland in September! I would love to see who else is going and maybe we can plan some meet ups. I've organized a few check ins now and eventually it will look something like this or this.

Please post your dates and where you will be staying below. No need to copy & paste. I'll keep it all organized here in this first post!

Also: Did you participate in the GAD promotion? Will you be writing a PTR/TR for us to follow?

:flower3:

Well, I should start off by mentioning that I have 2 dates in contention at the moment:

• September 9-13: Would mean being there for my actual birthday, which falls on 9/10. These are the dates that I went last year in 2009.
  • September 23-27: I'm mostly looking at these dates in the off-chance that I have a Friday class next semester. Friday, the 24th would be a campus holiday for us so not missing a Friday class would be a great thing! Plus, it might also mean that maybe, just maybe we could see some Halloween decorations which would just mean the world to me!
My parents may be coming along with me as well, which will determine where we stay. Right now, I am planning on staying at the Howard Johnson. My family may decide to move us on site and I would not be complaining!

We are hoping to go in September, using our GAD vouchers to upgrade to APs again. We will stay at Hojos and I am just waiting for them to release some dates with the entertainment rate. I would like to go earlier in the month.

We are hoping to go in September, using our GAD vouchers to upgrade to APs again. We will stay at Hojos and I am just waiting for them to release some dates with the entertainment rate. I would like to go earlier in the month.

I hope you get to go!! There seemed to be lots of ET rates last September if I remember correctly. I know for the 8-12 we managed to get it for all our days. I hope they come up for you (and me for that matter :rotfl:)!

Yes, I remember when they first posted them they were for almost the entire month. We were there the 17th-19th last September. I already have dates booked for November, but really want to go before then! :goodvibes

I know what you mean. I had originally booked for October this year but wanted to go much sooner which is part of how July came about. Now I'm still looking for a little earlier with September, but that also ahs to do with not being able to get time off in October so I could actually go.

And I do remember you were there shortly after we were last year -- thinking back to all the names/dates I remember seeing in the Check-In.

I just wish I could remember when they started opening their September dates up. Of course they had to be all funny this year and skip ahead to October/November/December, lol.

I went back and checked my emails for last year, the dates for September were released in March.

:rotfl: Looks like we'll be left in anticipation for some time. Oh well. I guess we've got the time. I just wish I had an actual number to count down to. Although I am almost 95% positive that the later dates will be what we go with. I am dying to see Halloween decorations and would also love to expereince the Haunted Mansion Holiday again as well.

We're probably going again. The same time we did last year, more or less, over my (our :)) birthday again. Plus we want to try and run into the "not back to school days" crowd. If it works out the way I'm thinking, we'll be there some combo of days from Sept 5-11, I just don't know exactly when.

We will be staying at the HOJO and one of their premium disneyland park view rooms - second trip for my wife and I, but this time, we will be bringing along our two very young daughters and grandma.

We have very excited about this trip.. flights are booked, park tickets bought from ARES Travel and a very good nightly rate booked at the HOJO... can't wait for September to arrive :) :goodvibes

A big thanks to SherryE for adding this thread to the DLR meet ups sticky!! We're official :cool1:

We're probably going again. The same time we did last year, more or less, over my (our :)) birthday again. Plus we want to try and run into the "not back to school days" crowd. If it works out the way I'm thinking, we'll be there some combo of days from Sept 5-11, I just don't know exactly when.

Sounds like a great plan! I was there around those dates last year. Even with the Expo that started on the 10th the crowds weren't bad. But I also wasnt there for the Labor Day weekend crowds, which I bet can get pretty intense. Isn't that also when the half marathon takes place?

We will be staying at the HOJO and one of their premium disneyland park view rooms - second trip for my wife and I, but this time, we will be bringing along our two very young daughters and grandma.

We have very excited about this trip.. flights are booked, park tickets bought from ARES Travel and a very good nightly rate booked at the HOJO... can't wait for September to arrive :) :goodvibes

Exciting! I'll make sure to get your information added as soon as I start compiling the list.

How much longer until September :lmao:

I'm planning a trip in mid-September...just have to get my husband to formally agree to it. I'm kind of leary at taking my daughter out of the second week of school...but I decided I need to get over it. She'll be in first grade and is a smart cookie--she'll be fine.

My daughter and I will be there for a LONG trip this year! We'll be there Sept 6-14th for the Not Back to School Days! Last year I missed a few meets because we were volunteering. This year, I'll be volunteering most of the day from the 8-11th.

Hope to see you there!!

I'm planning a trip in mid-September...just have to get my husband to formally agree to it. I'm kind of leary at taking my daughter out of the second week of school...but I decided I need to get over it. She'll be in first grade and is a smart cookie--she'll be fine.

Good luck! I'm trying to get my family to formally agree to going with me. I'm sure it will be a go, but my parents wont commit 100% until we get closer. If it were up to them it wouldn't be until September actually rolled along. Don't they realize you have to plan these things?!

My daughter and I will be there for a LONG trip this year! We'll be there Sept 6-14th for the Not Back to School Days! Last year I missed a few meets because we were volunteering. This year, I'll be volunteering most of the day from the 8-11th.

Hope to see you there!!

Hi again!! Too bad my dates are probably going to be towards the end of the month this time (Halloween is a huge draw for me right now). It would have been great to try and meet up with you this time around.

If you can, you'll have to share some links for the Not Back to School Days so I can add them to the events/goings-on list that will be added ... someday :rotfl:

DH & I will be taking our daughter to celebrate her 2nd birthday Sept 24-27! We DID participate in the Give A Day Get A Day promo, hubby also worked for the Disney Store and we've got 1 day park hopper tix from then that we plan to use. We've got a Deluxe Room at the Portofino Inn & Suites booked for $63 a night (Stayed there last year for DD's 1st birthday also) So right now all we're doing is waiting & saving up spending money!

DH & I will be taking our daughter to celebrate her 2nd birthday Sept 24-27! We DID participate in the Give A Day Get A Day promo, hubby also worked for the Disney Store and we've got 1 day park hopper tix from then that we plan to use. We've got a Deluxe Room at the Portofino Inn & Suites booked for $63 a night (Stayed there last year for DD's 1st birthday also) So right now all we're doing is waiting & saving up spending money!

That's a great rate! I have to look for some good deals if I do end up making this trip solo and the parents don't join me.

We're heading out 9/25-9/30!:banana:
We're staying at GCV and are very excited about it- it will also be just after my DS's 3rd birthday!
I'm currently working on a combo PTR-TR because we're also going to DLP in June. I started that one if anyone's interested:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2439987
but I don't plan to do much with our DL reports until we're back from DLP. We didn't get "in" on time to do the GAD...and we're also going back and forth on getting APs or just hoppers.

That's a great rate! I have to look for some good deals if I do end up making this trip solo and the parents don't join me.

Portofino has a policy stated on their website that says if you have a reservation with them and you find it cheaper on other websites (expedia, priceline, etc) you can call them, the reservation agent will look it up on that website to verify the price, and then they will change your reservation price. I always prefer to book thru the hotel website directly and LOVE this policy! We did it last year also. I booked it thru the Portofino website at $89.99 a night and then it was on expedia for $63, one simple call and I had a confirmation email that it'd been changed! Portofino is a little bit of a walk (couple blocks) from the main gates, but it's easy. I think it's a GREAT hotel and probably wont ever stay anywhere else!

Hi again!! Too bad my dates are probably going to be towards the end of the month this time (Halloween is a huge draw for me right now). It would have been great to try and meet up with you this time around.

If you can, you'll have to share some links for the Not Back to School Days so I can add them to the events/goings-on list that will be added ... someday :rotfl:

Darn! Too bad our dates don't coincide this year! The website for the conference is http://www.notbacktoschooldays.com.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter