• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SDFP... Here now. Works! *Read Post #48 and Post #671*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read and re-read,

Here is my situation:
I have 5 people going with magic bands and tickets for only 4 people, 5th is an infant.
I have 10 magic bands from Dec trip, all linked to same MDE, (2) are for infant with no tickets
I also have 8 tickets in my MDE acct, but not using on this trip-

Any suggestion on the best use of what I have for SDFP usage?

I have read and re-read,

Here is my situation:
I have 5 people going with magic bands and tickets for only 4 people, 5th is an infant.
I have 10 magic bands from Dec trip, all linked to same MDE, (2) are for infant with no tickets
I also have 8 tickets in my MDE acct, but not using on this trip-

Any suggestion on the best use of what I have for SDFP usage?

The 10 old MagicBands will be clones of the five new ones, so they won't be of any use for SDFP. Your only SDFP access will be with the infant band.

Are the 8 tickets in the form of vouchers or are they passes (with either the little circled Mickey head on the back or the image of the tapped or emitting card)?

I have read thru this a couple of times. But am still somewhat confused in my particular situation.

Orginally we had 8 real people with tickets and magic bands (pending not shipped yet) but, all are on my MDE and linked.
3 of the people can now no longer go. So that leaves me with 5 real people with tickets and magic bands.
I have already made the FP+ at the 60 day mark for all 8.

Now here is where I get confused.
Can I use the 3 that can no longer go? They have tickets linked to them and are on my MDE.

Can I buy 5 new MB's once there and use those for SDFP. If I read correctly I buy them but do not activate them?
I am not sure if I am making a new MDE for them or just adding a fake person's name to my already created MDE, and then linking them to the new bought MB.
Again if I read correctly, I do not activate at time I purchase, but must go to a Kiosk and swipe it there? Does that activate them?

Sorry for not understanding it all. But thank you to anyone that can help.

Oh one last situation: If I were to borrow another family's old MB's to use, I am confused about this because they are linked already to a person (in their MDE, but not mine). Do I add their name to my MDE? Do I create a fake name and add to my MDE? Do I just swipe them at the kiosk?

You can definitely use all the FP+ made for the people who can't go. You don't have to use a ticket to enter a park in order to use FP+ booked for that ticket.

You don't activate MagicBands at the time of purchase but tell the CM you want to link them later. You have to link them to phantom profiles on your main MDE before they can be used. You don't swipe a MagicBand - you tap it at the kiosks in order to choose SDFP.

You can borrow the MBs of friends or family. If they have annual passes or other valid tickets linked, you could prebook FP+ for them. You already have three extra sets of prebooked FP+ - you only need two more and your whole group will be set up with plenty of FP+. With two sets of prebooked FP+, there is no point in bothering with SDFP. But maybe your friends don't have tickets linked. If your friends have no tickets linked to their profiles, you can only use their bands for SDFP (in which case you'll tap the bands at the kiosk to book SDFP).

To use someone else's MB, you don't need to add them (through a friend invitation) to your MDE - unless you can prebook FP+ (if they have tickets linked).

The 10 old MagicBands will be clones of the five new ones, so they won't be of any use for SDFP. Your only SDFP access will be with the infant band.

Are the 8 tickets in the form of vouchers or are they passes (with either the little circled Mickey head on the back or the image of the tapped or emitting card)?

They are in MDE account, but they say they are transferrabe.

They are in MDE account, but they say they are transferrabe.

But you don't just have vouchers for them, right? They're actual tickets?

If they are tickets, you have an idea situation. You can establish a set of eight phantoms on your MDE to reassign the tickets to. Then prebook FP+ at 30 days out for the phantoms. You won't use those tickets at park entrance - only at FP+ attractions.

If you have vouchers of any kind rather than the actual plastic ticket, it's a little more complicated.

I
But you don't just have vouchers for them, right? They're actual tickets?

If they are tickets, you have an idea situation. You can establish a set of eight phantoms on your MDE to reassign the tickets to. Then prebook FP+ at 30 days out for the phantoms. You won't use those tickets at park entrance - only at FP+ attractions.

If you have vouchers of any kind rather than the actual plastic ticket, it's a little more complicated.

I don't have a plastic ticket. Not sure what a voucher is. I have in my made account 6 magic your way tickets for all 4 adults in my party. I also have 8 single tickets with park hoppers - which don't expire for 10 years and are transferable but not linked to my sept trip. Sorry in advance. Many thanks!!

Wondering if this is as simple as it seems.....

My family has a trip planned for Oct 2016.
All of our new reservations and bands are linked to the same MDE we used on a previous trip, so I understand we cannot use our old bands for SDFP+ as they would be clones of our new bands.

However, my cousin and her family went to Disney in May 2016.
They stayed off property, but still had magic bands (associated with their tickets). I assume my cousin had an MDE account to which those bands were linked so she could manage their FP+.

So, if her bands are still active, my family could use them in park at a kiosk to get SDFP+, correct?
Would we need to do anything in order to use them in this manner?
The SDFPs cannot be modified on the app or mobile site; any modifications to SDFP+ have to be done at the kiosk, correct?
So we wouldn't need to add her to my MDE family and friends list, or link her bands to a new MDE account that I create, or link them to phantoms under my current MDE (if any of these options are even possible), or even get her info to log into her MDE unless we just wanted to be able to view the reserved SDFPs?

Are my thoughts correct?

Thanks!

Wondering if this is as simple as it seems.....

My family has a trip planned for Oct 2016.
All of our new reservations and bands are linked to the same MDE we used on a previous trip, so I understand we cannot use our old bands for SDFP+ as they would be clones of our new bands.

However, my cousin and her family went to Disney in May 2016.
They stayed off property, but still had magic bands (associated with their tickets). I assume my cousin had an MDE account to which those bands were linked so she could manage their FP+.

So, if her bands are still active, my family could use them in park at a kiosk to get SDFP+, correct?
Would we need to do anything in order to use them in this manner?
The SDFPs cannot be modified on the app or mobile site; any modifications to SDFP+ have to be done at the kiosk, correct?
So we wouldn't need to add her to my MDE family and friends list, or link her bands to a new MDE account that I create, or link them to phantoms under my current MDE (if any of these options are even possible), or even get her info to log into her MDE unless we just wanted to be able to view the reserved SDFPs?

Are my thoughts correct?

Thanks!
You have that all exactly right. If they stayed off site they most probably also had plastic cards/tickets associated with each of their names as well, which might be even easier for her to send you and carry around the park if they still have those.

Do unticketed MB still work at the kiosk for same day FP?
Yes, but they need to be linked somewhere (not just purchased as "unlinked" and then tapped at the kiosk) - whether added to an entirely different extra MDE account (different email) or added to phantom people within your real MDE account.

You have that all exactly right. If they stayed off site they most probably also had plastic cards/tickets associated with each of their names as well, which might be even easier for her to send you and carry around the park if they still have those.

Awesome. Thanks!!

Hoping to clarify this: I've set-up a secondary MDE account, and added tickets that I *won't* be using to enter the park. After I use the initial 3 GLFPs, how do I go about getting a fourth, etc? Is it kiosk only or can I use the app? I know I can make the fourth for my primary account/tickets from the app....
I would also like the answer to GrnMtnMan question can I make the 4th ff from the app on the phone or do I have to go to the kiosk to make the FF. When I try the app will it tell me there is not entry linked?

All magic bands current and previous visits are all linked together...
So question... Is it worth the $40 for me to buy 2 new ones at Disney store and set up new account ? Or are the rides available not all that impressive

I would also like the answer to GrnMtnMan question can I make the 4th ff from the app on the phone or do I have to go to the kiosk to make the FF. When I try the app will it tell me there is not entry linked?
Hiro answered it above - you should be able to book it from the app since the system knows you have valid tickets and have used your first 3 FPP's already. I've done this many times with AP's (my kids' who weren't there). Tickets should work the same way. You should also be able to book the 4th for another park, which SDFP's won't allow you to do.

All magic bands current and previous visits are all linked together...
So question... Is it worth the $40 for me to buy 2 new ones at Disney store and set up new account ? Or are the rides available not all that impressive
You can buy solid color MBs for $13 each.

SDFPs do save you from waiting in 3 Standby lines. When CMs and their guests were relegated to "day of" FPs, we were able to get some headliner rides: RnRC, BTMRR, Space, etc.

With a late afternoon park entry, we once had Barnstormer, HM, and Splash. As we went through the FP line for Barnstormer, we could hear guests in Standby saying it was weird that we'd FP Barnstormer. Yeah, well, they were waiting over 30 minutes to ride and we walked on! ;)

I

I don't have a plastic ticket. Not sure what a voucher is. I have in my made account 6 magic your way tickets for all 4 adults in my party. I also have 8 single tickets with park hoppers - which don't expire for 10 years and are transferable but not linked to my sept trip. Sorry in advance. Many thanks!!

Sometimes people print a paper ticket that they exchange at guest services or at the turnstiles for a plastic card. You don't have a plastic ticket. So you have paper tickets/printouts that you'll eventually be exchanging for admission (at which time you'll get the plastic card)? Or do you have virtual entitlements for admission? So were the ticketed guests planning to use their MBs to access the ticket entitlements?

The reason this is important is that if you reassign the tickets to a phantom who has no MBs, how will you access the FP+ you book for those tickets?

Last edited:
When we went 2 years ago I might have used different email address? Does that matter if it's the same people going? Possible they wouldn't be linked since different email? Going on Monday should I just take the magic bands, scan and try? Or must go buy a few at 13 each this weekend?

When we went 2 years ago I might have used different email address? Does that matter if it's the same people going? Possible they wouldn't be linked since different email? Going on Monday should I just take the magic bands, scan and try? Or must go buy a few at 13 each this weekend?

Go to the MagicBands and Cards page of your MDE and compare the numbers shown there for each band with the tiny numbers printed inside of the bands you have on hand. That will show you which bands are clones. Use a Sharpie to mark them for future reference.

Go to the MagicBands and Cards page of your MDE and compare the numbers shown there for each band with the tiny numbers printed inside of the bands you have on hand. That will show you which bands are clones. Use a Sharpie to mark them for future reference.
Ok I went to bands and clones and the bands from 2 years ago were indeed there as clones. Hey at least now I know not to bring them and throw them back into storage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter