SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember I asked about this on the FP+ thread for my March trip and it 100% worked. I booked Little Mermaid at HS for the first show and skipped it. Booked TSMM, then ToT and picked up another ToT while waiting in line for my first ride. Worked like a charm. The Little Mermaid FP+ did remain in MDE the entire day and I did not cancel it because then I would have still been in my original 3.

It will be interesting if this is closed with the upcoming changes. I have a HS and Epcot day planned like this for July. lol

Interesting. So even though it was still showing in your MDE, it didn't prevent you from selecting a 4th? Si it's there.. but not really.

Here now thru 6/14:

Used CPFP on 6/1 at MK without issue.
Did not use CPFP or SDFP at AM on 6/2.
Used SDFP on 6/3 at Epcot without issue.

Nothing unexpected obviously but will continue to use throughout trip.

Using 4 extra MBs...our 1yo, my in-laws on separate MDE, and a true phantom on a separate MDE (all friends of primary MDE to allow for CPFP).

That's true but we weren't discussing that. We were discussing 3 unused FPs.
What's the point of testing 3 unused fast passes? If they're all unused, you just cancel them first. Then the transfer is just one of your first three allotted fast passes.

What's the point of testing 3 unused fast passes? If they're all unused, you just cancel them first. Then the transfer is just one of your first three allotted fast passes.
It was only being discussed because people are running trials at home where it can't be successful. That's why the explanation was "it doesn't work."

A very important backstage related system, that is used by almost all CM's is down for maintenance in the night between June 5-6. Coincidence? I think not. They seem to change a lot in their IT. Be careful guys.
Do we know if it is regular monthly maintenance?

I'm a bit confused by the umbrella concept. Could the same not be achieved with a refundable reservation?

Grandma and gramma book at the Swan overlapping with A and B who have a seperate reservation and their own fastpasses. Two unused tickets are linked to gramma and gramma. They book fastpasses 60 days out. They cancel their reservation. Will their fastpasses cancel at that point too? Grandma and gramma stay home. Can their fastpasses now be transferred to A and B who are in the parks, as fifth and sixth fastpasses?

Edit: Sorry one additional question. Can a child transfer a fourth fastpasses to an adult and will it work vice versa too?

I'm a bit confused by the umbrella concept. Could the same not be achieved with a refundable reservation?

Grandma and gramma book at the Swan overlapping with A and B who have a seperate reservation and their own fastpasses. Two unused tickets are linked to gramma and gramma. They book fastpasses 60 days out. They cancel their reservation. Will their fastpasses cancel at that point too? Grandma and gramma stay home. Can their fastpasses now be transferred to A and B who are in the parks, as fifth and sixth fastpasses?

Edit: Sorry one additional question. Can a child transfer a fourth fastpasses to an adult and will it work vice versa too?
Yes a child FP can be transferred to an adult and vice versa as FP have no age designation like park tickets do.

I have never done a throw away room but my understanding is that if you cancel between 60 and 30 days it locks your fast passes and won't let you change them until the 30 day (offsite) window opens. If it is cancelled less than 30 days out then there is no issue as they are within their off site booking window. Now if those people who cancelled are also linked via MDE to another party with an onsite reservation I'm not sure if that temporary freeze (between 60 and 30 days) would actually occur.
Currently FP will not be cancelled once made as long as their is valid admission tied to the person.
Yes you can transfer their prebooked FP following all the tiering and other rules we have previously discussed in this thread.

One quick question though-if those people aren't really going why would you want to tie up a deposit on a reservation you don't intend to keep? The umbrella concept is free and really doesn't really require more work (in my opinion) than making and subsequently canceling a 2nd room reservation. Or perhaps I am misunderstanding and grandma and gramma are considering coming but it might cancel at the last minute?

:wave2: Booking and canceling onsite resort rooms has never been a topic of discussion for this thread nor for the Throwaway Room thread.

Continued off-topic posts will be removed. Thanks!

:wave2: Booking and canceling onsite resort rooms has never been a topic of discussion for this thread nor for the Throwaway Room thread.

Continued off-topic posts will be removed. Thanks!
Sorry I don't really follow the throwaway room thread myself and didn't realize what was off limits for discussion.
I was just trying to answer the other poster's question-won't mention it again :)

Bet your daughter has always wanted a sister! :)
Well.... when she was younger she did but now she rationalizes that I would not be able to spend like I do on her if she had siblings! I'm an only child and know what it is like. She's also the only grandchild on both sides as well. She has a hard time convincing the other kids that she doesn't have any cousins.
She's happy to call the puppies her brother and sister (even though they cost me an arm and a leg each month too!!)

Interesting. So even though it was still showing in your MDE, it didn't prevent you from selecting a 4th? Si it's there.. but not really.
My experience has been in that case that once I book the new Tier 1 and refresh (or log in and out) that the original (unused) Tier 2 disappears.

All went as normal yesterday as far as testing.

@hiroMYhero & @ScrapYap - if you find out by Tuesday that these changes aren't likely to happen, please let me know as I was going to head in on Wed to do some testing but won't if it's being delayed. Have a good weekend all!

Our first park day is the 7th. I understand the concept of booking 3 sdfp with my friends magic bands (who are linked to my mde but unfortunately ticketless) the day of at the kisosk, then changing them.over once I've used my first 3.

What I'm confused about is adding a 4th 5th 6th etc onto my real bands through the app. Can I still do this at the same time I am changing fp from the other bands?

Our first park day is the 7th. I understand the concept of booking 3 sdfp with my friends magic bands (who are linked to my mde but unfortunately ticketless) the day of at the kisosk, then changing them.over once I've used my first 3.

What I'm confused about is adding a 4th 5th 6th etc onto my real bands through the app. Can I still do this at the same time I am changing fp from the other bands?

You can only ever have 1 additional FP at a time once you use the initial 3 so no unless you get a 4th FP on the real band via the app and can redeem it prior to transferring a FP from the ticketless band.
For example if your ticketless bands have evening FP and you finish your 3 on your main band by 12 pm you can obtain and use additional FP with the main band until you need to transfer the first FP from the ticketless MB. You cannot transfer a FP from the ticketless band however if you currently hold a 4th, 5th etc FP on your main band nor can you schedule a 4th, 5th, etc until you redeem the one you had transferred from the ticketless band. Think of it this way the FP you transfer is in fact your 4th, 5th, etc you just got better availability by booking it at 9 am vs 12 or later when you actually finished with your original 3.
Those who have an extra ticket assigned to the phantom can add a FP to the phantom every time they transfer one out via the app but SDFP would have to go back to the kiosk each time

Question regarding transferring fast passes. Let's say my third fast pass window was 11am-12pm and I use it at 11:05, so as of 11:05 I have used all three of my FPs. If the fastpass that I want to transfer over to my party starts before 11am, or 11:05, but we are still within the fastpass window, can I still transfer that fastpass as is? Or does the time have to change since the fp window may have started prior to or at the same time as my third FP.

Thanks in advance.

Can we use not CPFP function for not yet activated AP's? Our family is visiting in a few weeks and we all have AP's that will start our first day in the park. Not all of the kids are going on this first trip. Can we book FP's for the kids not going and CPFP to the kids in the park after they use the first 3 FP's? The whole family is linked on my MDE.

You do have to do the two Tier 2 rides before booking a second Tier 1.

It's pretty time consuming to do all this, but you could choose to book as follows (bolded attractions are the ones you actually intent to ride):
Primary Account
Dinosaur 9:00 a.m.
Primeval Whirl 10:00 a.m.
FOP 11:00 a.m.

On a secondary account (with a linked ticket, but not used for park entry), book:

NRJ 11:00 a.m.
Safaris 12:00 p.m.
Mickey & Minnie 1:00 p.m.

Arrive in Dinoland by 9:55 a.m. Tap and skip Dinosaur, then walk over to immediately tap and skip Primeval Whirl.
Go to Pandora and ride FOP (you'll have time to visit the counter service for one of those cool drinks first). After the ride, transfer (CPFP) the NRJ from the secondary to the primary (the band used to enter the parks). Ride NRJ (your second Tier 1 of the day). Transfer the Safari FP and ride it. Transfer M&M and visit them. Book more as you go along on the secondary account, as desired. Or on the primary.
I thought it was also ok to just let the first win expire, without tapping? Ok nevermind, just saw you already answered this question! But don't know how to delete a post. Sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter