SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. MBs aren't a requirement because the races are open to everyone. All runners do wear Bibs with RFID chips but those wouldn't be synced with the FP system nor park-entry system.

Then they'd definitely be the targets of a potential lockout @FelisLachesis! If we see it next week, they'll be warned. They could still do single rider at EE, of course. Or maybe a friend in the park could hand off a FP-loaded band to them that had been used at park entry. If the friend has clones (and who doesn't?), it wouldn't matter if they didn't get the band back right away.

Because at tiered parks you have to worry about the tiering restrictions. In addition to what @marciemi said about strategy at MK you could also schedule whatever 3 rides you want on each ticket (so have 6 headliners booked or 2 rides on one you love but wouldn't ride standby). After using the 3 on the ticket you used to enter the park you begin to transfer from the donor ticket and as you transfer add a new rolling FP to the donor ticket. Since there aren't tiering rules you can add ANY attraction to that donor ticket as long as you don't try to hold 2 FP for the same attraction with that ticket (so you can ride space mountain or big thunder multiple times if it is avail). So if you schedule your actual ticket FP for 9-10, 10-11, and 11-12 you could tour for almost an hour when the crowds are low then hit 2 FP in a row (just before and just after 10), hit a ride with a short standby line then finish your 3rd FP by just after 11. Schedule the donor FP for 10:30-11:30, 11:30-12:30, and 12:30-1:30. Once you finish your 3rd FP just after 11 change party the 10:30-11:30 and reschedule the 3rd donor FP. That early in the day there should be good availability. Rinse and repeat. If you want to get even more involved you can try to start moving up the donor FP times when you schedule the new 3rd FP. So once you moved the 10:30-11:30 FP to the primary ticket (which you can do in FP line waiting for the 11-12 FP) you can try to move the 11:30-12:30 FP up to an earlier time (11:15/11:20). If you can move that one up then you can try to move the rest as well. If you can't then when you transfer the 11:30-12:30 FP to the primary person you can try to move up the 12:30-1:30 and the subsequent FP when you reschedule the 3rd FP on the donor account. Sometimes it is easy to move them up sometimes there is no earlier availability for that attraction. I do it while in the FP line if I bother with it.

ETA lol maybe I shouldn't give away all my secrets ;)
Let's just say my son is a HUGE 7DMT fan and we have yet to wait standby for that ride-only ever saw the standby que when we had a CRT PPO ADR.
This! Great info!

Would it be possible to add a description to the first post about how to do this if your phantoms do not have a ticket attached. I think I understand it, but I'd like an example like is given for those who book them in advance. I'm really unsure about if/how I am supposed to friend the other bands.

Then they'd definitely be the targets of a potential lockout @FelisLachesis! If we see it next week, they'll be warned. They could still do single rider at EE, of course. Or maybe a friend in the park could hand off a FP-loaded band to them that had been used at park entry. If the friend has clones (and who doesn't?), it wouldn't matter if they didn't get the band back right away.

@hiroMYhero is right regarding not needing tickets to run the races. There's actually plenty of people who will come for the races, and have it be a resort only stay. The only part of them that applies to our conversation is that ticket entitlements aren't required to run. Thereby, they can enter the park without a ticket, with the primary objective is to get out.

With a friend or two in the right spot, you're right, getting in and out wouldn't be an issue. But doing this yourself, oh dear, there's a high chance of getting caught in the crossfire of the SDFP changes.

Would it be possible to add a description to the first post about how to do this if your phantoms do not have a ticket attached. I think I understand it, but I'd like an example like is given for those who book them in advance. I'm really unsure about if/how I am supposed to friend the other bands.

I'll wait to update the first post until after June 6th - since it's possible that the kiosks won't work with unticketed bands for SDFP after all (though we expect them to). Friending two MDEs is really straightforward, though. On your MDE, click on My Family & Friends List, then scroll to the bottom. Click on "Add a Guest" and then click on "I'll Enter Their Name and Age." A prompt will appear and you can toggle "Invite this guest to connect." You add the email address of the secondary MDE (with the phantoms). You have to follow the link in the email that will be sent to accept the invitation.

How did I miss this upcoming change?

My head is exploding :headache: I'm so confused. :o

Marcie will be messaging u a SOS for help lol

Since heads are already spinning: another possibility is of course a TOS change on or about June 6.

Does anyone know if this is the only change coming on June 6th? Or is this change part of a larger rollout such as a MDX website update?

Does anyone know if this is the only change coming on June 6th? Or is this change part of a larger rollout such as a MDX website update?

I think that's what @ScrapYap was inferring by her post at 11:15 pm EST. We have no clue what the Disney inner-hive is thinking. They've obviously come up with a plan. All we can do do is speculate and conjecture. We think we know what might happen... ish?

I think I should get an extra ticket for CPFP. I don't want to risk ticketless SDFP. Too much uncertainty! :guilty: Would I be ok to do this after June 6? Would my money be wasted if more changes on TOS?

Would I be ok to do this after June 6?
Personally, I think doing things after June 6 is the better idea, to see what is and isn't possible within the FP+ system.
Would my money be wasted if more changes on TOS?
Changes to the TOS don't necessarily impact what **can** be done, just what can be **discussed** here on the Dis.

I'm sorry ... I've read most of this thread and I'm still confused. My niece might be coming over the summer. We won't know till close to the time she'll get here whether we will be going to Disney. I was considering reserving the rides on my husband's band with his AP then just letting her use his. But it sounds like it would cause problems if he doesn't come with us to the parks that day because he wouldn't have been scanned at the gate?

I'm sorry ... I've read most of this thread and I'm still confused. My niece might be coming over the summer. We won't know till close to the time she'll get here whether we will be going to Disney. I was considering reserving the rides on my husband's band with his AP then just letting her use his. But it sounds like it would cause problems if he doesn't come with us to the parks that day because he wouldn't have been scanned at the gate?
Yes, it is expected that you won't be able to do it that way.

Instead you can make FP+ reservations on your husband's AP MDE profile, and use the change party feature of MDE to give your husband's pre-reserved FP to your niece.

It would be a probem if you used his MB but you could CPFP to move his FP to her profile as long as she has a ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter