scavenger hunt swap... final details

You aren't behind at all, I am just way too excited over this one, plus i only had one item to make. Its not due until September 1st, dont' let me rush you!

Maggie, I need just a little guidance. I never heard of book pockets until this swap, but I love to try new things so that's what I'm doing.

What, exactly, are they? I did a search on twopeas for "pockets," and all I came up with were pocket pages and smaller pockets that they called "library pockets." Is that what I'm doing? The library pockets? And, do you have a preference as to their size? I wasn't sure if there's a standard size or not.

If library pockets isn't what I'm doing, could you point me in the direction of other "book pockets"? Sorry to be such a pain, but I want to get this right. :sunny:

Yea! I got my paper and some of my embellishments ordered. Thanks for the template, Maggie! Didja know that Bazzill makes library pockets in several different colors? I found them, yesterday, at gonescrappin.com while searching the internet. I thought about just going with them, but then thought, nah! I want to do this, myself. I can't wait for my stuff to get here so I can get started.

Pat

no idea that bazzill made library pockets, I have a bunch that the school librarian gave me. :) Can't wait to see yours! maggie

WOW you guys are on a roll....
I bought somthing for my girlie suprise but I want to buy more for it -
and I think I have an IDEA for my handmade Magical thing...

everyone doing ok? any questions? (and no one has to panic that they aren't done yet, it's not even july and the swap isn't due until sept 1st) :) maggie

Hi everyone.......
I was kind of stumped with my project although I knew I wanted to do paper tearing to represent water, waves and sand so I thought I would do a search on www.twopeasinabucket.com for journal boxes and I got 8 pages of JBs......

So if you are looking for inspiration, this sure is the place!

Okay, here's a lesson for ya.... never head off to the store in search of your item.... without checking first to see what your theme is!

D'oh!!!!!

I got someone's today, but I was rushing back out the door to the pool and then to bingo... so I honestly have no idea who it was from. (bad hostess I know, I know). so, someone's is here. :) maggie

I bought my boyish fibers, but I am having a hard time with my "magical" theme. Nothing is really coming to mind except Mickey things - black, red and yellow. I really want to do something different. I am getting tired of using those colors for swaps, plus I am in a CJ and will probably be doing a lot with them there. Any ideas ladies? I have small tags so I need to make two kinds.

WDWMom said:
I bought my boyish fibers, but I am having a hard time with my "magical" theme. Nothing is really coming to mind except Mickey things - black, red and yellow. I really want to do something different. I am getting tired of using those colors for swaps, plus I am in a CJ and will probably be doing a lot with them there. Any ideas ladies? I have small tags so I need to make two kinds.

For magical, I'm thinking silver and/or stars. There is some cool cardstock 12x12 paper at michaels that's matte silver with shiny silver starts that woudl be great. They also have some blue paper of the same. You could get each color and do one silver and one blue or something like that. otherwise anythign sparkly/silver or stars would be good for magical, I'd think. I did small tags and it only took one page of each (top and bottom layer) so 4 12x12 pages total for all of the tags (20)

I asked my family what colors they thought of when I said the word magical and got a variety of anwers, but they all said blue as one. I did find a patterned paper with blue background, lighter swirls and pink and yellow stars. DS said it looked vary maigical. Still looking for another. I will try Mike's and some of the LSS's around here today or tomorrow.

To me, both swirls and stars sound magical. Or anything blue or silver. Anything shiny too. Good luck, have fun!

Lemme tell ya, there has been a run on "patriotic" ribbons around here. I'm going to have to wait till the last minute, hoping they come back in stock!

lewdyan1, got your school stuff today, it's too cute! maggie

nicurn said:
lewdyan1, got your school stuff today, it's too cute! maggie
I am glad it got there... It was too easy to shop for, and cost me ton with all the extras I had to buy. :teeth: :rolleyes: ;)

bubbasmom99 said:
Lemme tell ya, there has been a run on "patriotic" ribbons around here. I'm going to have to wait till the last minute, hoping they come back in stock!

Joy, Did you check at WalMart? I was there on the 4th and there were still some patriotic ribbons there. Not as all-out cute as things I'd seen at Mikes or JoAnns, but nice all the same. :)

I thought you might be able to find something at http://www.BargainPack.com but the only ribbon she had was red gingham and another with a stripe each of red, white & blue. I was surprised since she has so much other patriotic stuff!

Speaking of WalMart - Do all of your WMs have a clearance section within the craft section? Or is it somewhere else in the store? A while ago ours had a few items on clearance right in the craft section, but that was unusual. I've never found any other craft stuff on clearance...except at Christmas and that doesn't really count. I feel like I'm missing something. :rotfl:

everyone finding their items ok? just checking in with y'all. :) maggie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter