Saving Tables....A Complaint

Should families w/out food be allowed to save tables at counter service restaurants?

• Yes, even if it means families w/ food have to eat outside or standing up.

• No, families should always be able to sit down once they have their food.

• Yes, BUT only during slow parts of the day.

Results are only viewable after voting.
OK, I guess I can understand that. I just find it hilarious that people who are vacationing at WDW keep using the excuse that their kids are awful in lines and will whine, fuss, kick and scream. Those who have medical issues are another story of course.

I think it's a reasonable excuse. When they're waiting in line to order food, other people are walking past with trays of food. If the kids scream, fuss, and kick, there's a chance that they might bump into something carrying their food.

I just find it hilarious that people who are vacationing at WDW keep using the excuse that their kids are awful in lines and will whine, fuss, kick and scream. Those who have medical issues are another story of course.

I agree. If children are acting like this in line, it is time to get in the lineup to catch a bus to your resort and make them have a nap.

Didn't read all the posts but...

I don't mind people saving tables. I do mind people with only about 2 people in a party taking up a whole table and not offering spots. Maybe I'm just overly friendly, but if I'm at a counter service type place and have extra spots at my table (in a place that's jam packed) I'll offer the extra spots to other people.

OK! So is THIS wrong? I had 6 Towels with the word "MINE" printed on them for our next trip to reserve tables, show seats & parade seating!...there are only 4 of us..but other people are uky! :scared: so we want a 1 towel buffer on either side!

;) I am thinking you are just being hypothetical here - a Disney vet like you would know this is not practical, and that the towel will just be stomped on.:rolleyes1

OK! So is THIS wrong? I had 6 Towels with the word "MINE" printed on them for our next trip to reserve tables, show seats & parade seating!...there are only 4 of us..but other people are uky! :scared: so we want a 1 towel buffer on either side!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I just had this huge vision of the Nemo seagulls going MINE MINE MINE MINE. :rotfl: :rotfl: YOu could get them embroided on your towels to Disney-fy them. :rotfl:

;) I am thinking you are just being hypothetical here - a Disney vet like you would know this is not practical, and that the towel will just be stomped on.:rolleyes1

Unless they think the word "MINE" means there's a land mine underneath the towel.

I think the voting results speak for themselves on this one.

But it's interesting to note how some people will be offended by the oddest things. You'll be sitting there, minding your own business, and you'll see someone giving you a dirty look .... about .... who the heck knows!? :rotfl2: (incidentally, for those who may think this happens to me on a regular basis ... this has actually never happened to me. But it's still interesting to notice how many people are offended at perfectly acceptable behavior) peace out. :hippie:

Excuse me? Are you addressing me? See, if I had a family with which to go to Wendy's, that we'd all wait in line until we had our food notwithstanding, silly me.

SOME posters in this thread are offering reasonable, sensible suggestions for solo diners, and if it's a situation with which I'm already familiar, I'm MERELY presenting potential pitfalls with even those good ideas. I'm not saying they won't work. They may, they may not. Again, silly me. I thought my responses were clearly questions intended to evoke additional reasonable responses - not "this is the way it's done". THAT'S pretty clear from, oh, I dunno - about 83% of the replies.

I didn't quote YOU in particular because I wasn't just addressing one person. My vote is in the 83%. How many solo diners are there at WDW that this would concern? I certainly wasn't trying to "pick a fight"....People pick out their tables at food courts and fast food places all over...not just WDW. I can't imagine that Disney would have CM's walking around saying..."Oh, I'm sorry, sir, you cannot sit there until you have a tray of food. This section is reserved only if you have 1-2 people in your party AND you have already purchased your food." It's absurd!

So you all dont think a simple solution to this would be rope of the table areas and not let people enter until after they had their food? Remember everyone is on vacation and everyone wants to sit.. why wouldn't this work?
[/QUOTE] this is exactly what we did at the chain restaurant i managed many eons ago and it worked much better than letting people save tables, and they still do it. honest injun. they studyed this nationwide with stopwatches and everything and it increased the amount of customers served per hour dramaticly. im not argueing i just dont understand how 80% of the people who reply to this thread cannot understand the logic in this. the reason disney does not do this may be their overwhelming fear of p***ing someone off.

So you all dont think a simple solution to this would be rope of the table areas and not let people enter until after they had their food? Remember everyone is on vacation and everyone wants to sit.. why wouldn't this work?
and at the place we go to almost weekly there are ALOT more tables at knoebles!! less people too thank god
this is exactly what we did at the chain restaurant i managed many eons ago and it worked much better than letting people save tables, and they still do it. honest injun. they studyed this nationwide with stopwatches and everything and it increased the amount of customers served per hour dramaticly. im not argueing i just dont understand how 80% of the people who reply to this thread cannot understand the logic in this. the reason disney does not do this may be their overwhelming fear of p***ing someone off.[/QUOTE]

No, I don't think that would be a good idea. Then you just have tons of people waiting in line to order food. And then you have to worry about bumping into the people that are walking past you with their trays. Add to this the fact that the counter service places are not set up to allow 50 people in each line. Or do you expect them to rebuild all of the restaurants?

Also, when you are eating at a local restaurant, most of the time you are not as dog tired as you are when you are at a Disney theme park. Or should the build special benches for tired people to wait at while the rest of the family orders food? Or maybe you would prefer they sit outside on the curb? AFAIK Disney does not have a rule that you must be in the process of eating to sit at any counter service table. Not even 10% of people agree with you. Maybe the minority needs to change what they do? Isn't that how this country operates?

How would you like to be the person who has to stand there at the barricade and tell the folks to go back and get in the line...especially when it's really crowded and they can't find tables immediately even when they DO get their food?

this is exactly what we did at the chain restaurant i managed many eons ago and it worked much better than letting people save tables, and they still do it. honest injun. they studyed this nationwide with stopwatches and everything and it increased the amount of customers served per hour dramaticly. im not argueing i just dont understand how 80% of the people who reply to this thread cannot understand the logic in this. the reason disney does not do this may be their overwhelming fear of p***ing someone off.[/QUOTE]

The lines to order would be totally choatic if the entire party waited in line. This way, one person orders and makes the decisions for the entire party.

There doesn't need to be a solution since it doesn't affect many people at all. It's obvious by looking at the numbers in the poll. And those that aren't reading DIS are probably just normal folks like the rest of us who are accustomed to getting a table for the kids while an adult orders at any local fast food place or food court.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I can't believe I'm responding again to this post, but I have a few comments to make.

1. Has it escaped no one's notice that the OP has vanished? I'm just sayin'...

2. Like another poster, I have yet to see anyone answer my question. A few pages back, I asked whether or not I'd get my table back if I gave it up to people with trays. Again, I ask what happens if my food comes just as you are getting settled in? Do I IMMEDIATELY get my table back? Not in five minutes, not when you are done, but NOW.

3. I have never been a solo diner at WDW, but I have been one at the local mall. I frequent a very busy suburban mall. At lunchtime, the food court is extremely busy and it is difficult, at best, to find a table. If I am alone, I usually have to walk around several times before I find a table. So I can sympathize with solo diners. Unfortunately, there is no solution for them other than relying on the kindness of strangers or lucking into a table.

4. Table saving is not wrong. It is not rude. It is practical for several reasons. It provides children with a longer rest, which benefits the parents as well. It also keeps restless children and large groups out of the line.

5. I am so over this "debate", but it's like a train wreck. I can't seem to look away from this thread.

I can't believe I'm responding again to this post, but I have a few comments to make.

1. Has it escaped no one's notice that the OP has vanished? I'm just sayin'...

:cool1: I noticed that several pages ago.

5. I am so over this "debate", but it's like a train wreck. I can't seem to look away from this thread.

:rotfl2: Me either, don't know why, it's been pages, and pages of people saying the same thing over and over again.

I will be saving a table in July when we go. I cannot see walking around while food is getting cold and having everyone in the group following each other looking for a table.

How would you like to be the person who has to stand there at the barricade and tell the folks to go back and get in the line...especially when it's really crowded and they can't find tables immediately even when they DO get their food?

So you understand the frustration in this example but not when made wose bu the saving of tables.

There doesn't need to be a solution since it doesn't affect many people at all. It's obvious by looking at the numbers in the poll. And those that aren't reading DIS are probably just normal folks like the rest of us who are accustomed to getting a table for the kids while an adult orders at any local fast food place or food court.

So you are branding others as abnormal, that's not very nice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter