SAP+ ?

I decided I'm okay with pulling my son out for 1 week a year for a trip. But he's on his own special curriculum, doesn't have homework, etc. Makes it a little easier for him to miss school than the average kid. But we basically will only do shorter trips where we fly.

Just 8 more years to go! Then we can take one of our longer road trips out to DLR in the Fall (even though the crowds and heat suck...I still miss the park in the Fall. Haven't been there at that time of year since 2010.)
Our kids are in a rigorous school system that the principals remind us every year is designed to be a “college preparatory system”. Once they hit 4th grade… it’s tough to miss much time because they do a lot. Especially when it comes to the foreign languages.

My kids were talking to each other in broken Chinese on the trip and my oldest decided he is going to try and teach himself Japanese as well.

My oldest made it clear to us that he does not approve of us pulling him out of school for family vacations. We felt very reprimanded.

Our kids are in a rigorous school system that the principals remind us every year is designed to be a “college preparatory system”. Once they hit 4th grade… it’s tough to miss much time because they do a lot. Especially when it comes to the foreign languages.

My kids were talking to each other in broken Chinese on the trip and my oldest decided he is going to try and teach himself Japanese as well.

My oldest made it clear to us that he does not approve of us pulling him out of school for family vacations. We felt very reprimanded.
Our oldest is in 5th this year and next week is probably our last trip where we won't feel guilty for missing a few days scattered around some student holidays.

Luckily there are a lot of those random student holidays in future calendar releases so we can get in some nice 4 night trips here and there.

But yeah, wish we had done more trips to wdw when they were smaller!

Isn't boardwalk one of the hardest to get at 7-months?
That was my understanding as well. Maybe Chili327 travels away from school holidays, EPCOT festivals, and low point seasons?
Yea my sweet spot is last 2 weeks of Jan into first week of Feb. Pool/Garden view is mostly available, & if not a waitlist is very probable.
I may travel in Oct too, it’s not as available (but still pretty good), and I’m not too worried about it that time of year, I could do other resorts… but I still wouldn’t mind owning some BWV. ;)

Yea my sweet spot is last 2 weeks of Jan into first week of Feb. Pool/Garden view is mostly available, & if not a waitlist is very probable.
I may travel in Oct too, it’s not as available (but still pretty good), and I’m not too worried about it that time of year, I could do other resorts… but I still wouldn’t mind owning some BWV. ;)
Do it!

Our oldest is in 5th this year and next week is probably our last trip where we won't feel guilty for missing a few days scattered around some student holidays.

Luckily there are a lot of those random student holidays in future calendar releases so we can get in some nice 4 night trips here and there.

But yeah, wish we had done more trips to wdw when they were smaller!
Enjoy these days while you have them! You will blink and they will be in college!

Yeah...I can't even imagine that kind of thing. It's just so drastically different than my son's school experience since his is a lot more focused on life skills and he won't be attending college. It's honestly kind of fascinating to me to hear about more traditional schooling these days. We tend to live in our little 'alternative curriculum' bubble.

So funny that your son basically reprimanded you. 🤣

This! We just started the college search for my youngest, as he graduates high school next spring. My oldest is already off at college. I swear it was just yesterday they were starting elementary school...
My parents had the first one start college as the last one started kindergarten. They then paid college expenses for the next 18 years. With several years at least 3 in school and most with at least 2.

My parents had the first one start college as the last one started kindergarten. They then paid college expenses for the next 18 years. With several years at least 3 in school and most with at least 2.
I hear ya. 14 years for us between oldest & youngest with a couple of other kids in-between. Thank God those tuition days are over!

Ahh it’s in my UY… I don’t need it I don’t need it I don’t need…quick grab it Chili so I don’t do something stupid!
Whew I see it’s now sale pending…was it you??
Haha, nope it was not me, but man was it tempting this morning to just roll the dice on my credit card. lol
There is also a couple 60 CCV that popped up recently that are tempting.

But you really could use a 6th one in your signature, i see a blank area right next to BCV just waiting for BWV. ;)

Haha, nope it was not me, but man was it tempting this morning to just roll the dice on my credit card. lol

But you really could use a 6th one in your signature, i see a blank area right next to BCV just waiting for BWV. ;)
What UY was it?

1712002365917.gif
I’ve told myself I’m only allowed 1 2042 resort…

You all are so bad... Just for yuks I decided look at <100 point contracts in the same UY as my BLT and most of them are not appealing to me except ... what could one do with 35 AUL points??

You all are so bad... Just for yuks I decided look at <100 point contracts in the same UY as my BLT and most of them are not appealing to me except ... what could one do with 35 AUL points??
If you bank and borrow you could stay in a hotel room for nearly a week every 3 years :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter